• 254 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Durzel
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thumb_hypebeasts-bout-to-start-shitting-themselves-supreme-supreme-adult-diapers-14279068 (resized).png
Sanbiki_no_saru (resized).jpg
2g0y12 (resized).jpg
WIN_20180717_21_09_24_Pro (resized).jpg
827BE504-BD29-4644-BBBB-A3C3E63BAAB6 (resized).jpeg
fluidmaster-fill-valves-400arp25-64_1000 (resized).jpg
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
qcDBlAT (resized).jpg
insta_delivery_sq-a155e6948a70f4130b25a0055317de6f264c42c6-s300-c85 (resized).jpg
o (resized).jpg
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20180625-142556_Instagram (resized).jpg
DSCN5895 (resized).JPG
Unknown (resized).jpg
peter-noone (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 254 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

What I don't understand is why they re-themed a shitty home edition game when they could have started with something that plays so much better. Why not re-theme Tron, or MET, or something actually good?

The SM Home Edition (or whatever they call it) has a lower priced BOM and I'm sure it requires less assembly time, therefore you have less labor costs, and I'm sure Stern knew the hypebeast Premium fanboys wouldn't notice or even care that they're getting a warmed over home edition, as long as it was plastered with "Premium" everywhere and painted red and white, so why not take advantage of the situation and make maximum profit with minimal effort? If only everything was this easy.

#102 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Make it so Doug. Make it so.

who's doug? infringement on my new brand will be met with the severest threat (and fist shake) that I can muster
I'm going to check with another local place that has no minimum and can print dye-sub on demand

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

What I don't understand is why they re-themed a shitty home edition game when they could have started with something that plays so much better. Why not re-theme Tron, or MET, or something actually good?

This logic is undone the moment you remember that Supreme sold actual clay bricks that go for hundreds of dollars.

They could've sold a completely bare playfield for the same amount of money. The fact it is a pinball machine is completely academic.

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

maybe they had a sh!tton (aka 200+) of spider-man thepin 2.0 playfields produced and sitting in the warehouse. by simply sanding off the existing artwork and then re-screening them with that very difficult playfield art, you've got a new playfield without the costs associated with new lumber, cnc'ing and putting in new inserts

Quoted from Rum-Z:

The SM Home Edition (or whatever they call it) has a lower priced BOM and I'm sure it requires less assembly time, therefore you have less labor costs, and I'm sure Stern knew the hypebeast Premium fanboys wouldn't notice or even care that they're getting a warmed over home edition, as long as it was plastered with "Premium" everywhere and painted red and white, so why not take advantage of the situation and make maximum profit with minimal effort?

Two good theories, and I wouldn't be surprised if its a combination of the two. I guess when you look at it from Stern's perspective, there was absolutely no incentive for them to make a game that would be compelling to pinheads. Their client was going to be happy either way, and a lower BOM = more profit.

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Here’s the thing. SM Home is NOT shitty. It’s actually a very fun layout with cool rules. Think early SS with modern sounds. It was always a full sized playfield. Very clever design by Gomez minimizing coil usage while making a very fun game.

For Supreme they went to a regular DMD instead of the custom sized colour LED display. Full sized Pro cabinet and coin door, plus service rails. Of course a custom sound package and reskin of the SM home rules.

This pin is stupid fun. I can’t stop playing it.

It’s totally fine if you don’t “Get” Supreme as a brand... but it certainly is one, and it’s completely self aware and deliberate about everything it does. It’s sort of Meta Marketing. It’s like the Deadpool of fashion. 4th wall breaking ironic street wear. The clothing and skate decks they sell are not crazy money, they just resell for crazy money because the Supreme collectors are ravenous. It’s like the Sneakerhead market.

They get Neil Young wearing a Supreme Box Logo T, then they photograph him in the T, then they sell a T with the imagine of Him wearing the Box Logo on the T... it’s pretty funny actually. These shirts typically sell for $60-$80 which is nowhere near out of line for limited fashion brand.

I bought the pin, and I love it. No intention of flipping it. It’ll be around for a LONG time, and if I ever sell it, it’ll probably be to a friend for exactly what I paid.

#106 5 years ago

Supreme is the 2018's version of Ed Hardy. The brand won't be worth anything in a year or two.

#107 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Here’s the thing. SM Home is NOT shitty. It’s actually a very fun layout with cool rules. Think early SS with modern sounds. It was always a full sized playfield. Very clever design by Gomez minimizing coil usage while making a very fun game.

And the only real thing wrong with it besides the inability to take coins is the terrible theme and art package.

Get rid of those shortcomings and add a cool current theme like Supreme and it's no wonder the cheapest they are changing hands for in the current market is $35k.

#108 5 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I'd buy a shirt ,make it so. Also since it is not for elitist pricks the very most I'd expect to pay for a shirt is $15 .

I would expect these to live up to their name. So $15 should get you a 3 pack because each one will barely survive the first wash.

And I'd totally be in.

#109 5 years ago

Well, I’m embarrassed. Have seen these pics all over the place and literally thought it was a Photoshop joke jabbing all the limited and premium model stuff. Like just slapping the label supreme made the pinball a premium model. Also thought this thread was satire until I finally looked it up. Wow. Idiocracy at its finest.

And I’m old I guess

#110 5 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Wow. Idiocracy at its finest.
And I’m old I guess

Idiocracy with pinball themes and the people that ask for them existed long before the announcement of the Supreme game. In fact pinside thrives on it. If you want to find cool in modern culture, this generally isn't the place for it.

#111 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Idiocracy with pinball themes and the people that ask for them existed long before the announcement of the Supreme game. In fact pinside thrives on it. If you want to find cool in modern culture, this generally isn't the place for it.

And....I still can’t tell if you are joking or not. Dammit

#112 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

damn! there goes my get rich quick scheme of only printing 10 shirts and selling them for $20,000 ea
actually, this is pretty a pretty good idea and I've got a friend that owns a print shop. let me see what I can get them made for. if I'm going to do them, I want to do them right with nice tagless shirts and die-sub printing.
I can't believe that we're still dealing with these heavy vinyl heat transfers in this day and age where it feels like you've got a big 5mil thick sticker stuck to your chest when the weather gets warm.
so, I'm thinking a really light heather gray shirt color since the background for the image is white

It's gotta be on a white shirt . It seems as though everything Supreme does is in red and white . If you are going to mock them I think it needs to be done using just red and white .

#113 5 years ago

This 20k Supreme talk makes me hungry for simpler times like 2011, before pinflation, when a buck was in fashion and landed you a Nachos Supreme!
BCDCF698-498A-4D46-AC5D-19CC38A46931 (resized).jpegBCDCF698-498A-4D46-AC5D-19CC38A46931 (resized).jpeg

#114 5 years ago

Supreme branded McLaren 720s + Elitist Rich Kid = a damn good laugh, enjoy everyone

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

It's gotta be on a white shirt . It seems as though everything Supreme does is in red and white . If you are going to mock them I think it needs to be done using just red and white .

but since I was planning on going with an inverse color scheme for the logo (red on white vs. white against a red background) that's why I was going to go with the light gray shirt color. this way I could still [block] the brand name against a white background. alternatively, I could run my logo on red shirts

#116 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's more desirable and popular than anything pinball has produced in years.

#117 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Supreme is the 2018's version of Ed Hardy. The brand won't be worth anything in a year or two.

Incorrect

#118 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Supreme branded McLaren 720s + Elitist Rich Kid = a damn good laugh, enjoy everyone

Saw that. What a moron

#119 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Saw that. What a moron

He must have been shit out of luck on that day of all the cars you could right off along with your own mclaren he hits an Audi R8 of all things

#120 5 years ago

What has ruined more neighborhoods?

Supreme or Rap?

#121 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

For Supreme they went to a regular DMD instead of the custom sized colour LED display. Full sized Pro cabinet and coin door, plus service rails. Of course a custom sound package and reskin of the SM home rules.

This pin is stupid fun. I can’t stop playing it.

Okay, I will admit that I've never actually played a Spider-Man home edition. I just assumed it must suck. Clearly it doesn't. Consider me educated.

#123 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What has ruined more neighborhoods?
Supreme or Rap?

Both seem to be invading the pinside neighborhood, much to many of the elderly residents dismay.

Funny thing is if I had offered up $20K for a Big Bang Bar or even HEP restored Medieval Madness or Cactus Canyon, they would probably be coming out of the woodwork to sell me a game.

No, Supreme owners obviously cherish their games much more than that as I haven't even got one bite. And I doubt we will ever see a vault edition of this one.

#124 5 years ago

When were these released and did the community know it was going to happen? Who was in a position to even purchase them in the first 6 minutes? Still blows me away.

Funny enough, I didn’t know WTF this was yesterday (thought it was a photoshop joke) but now I find myself valuing them just because others seem to. Guess that is the genius behind “supreme” in the first place.

#125 5 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

When were these released and did the community know it was going to happen? Who was in a position to even purchase them in the first 6 minutes?

Obviously the community knew about it if it sold out in 6 seconds.

Lucky mofos were in position to buy them.

#126 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Obviously the community knew about it if it sold out in 6 seconds.

Are there links to threads while these were being built but not yet released?

#127 5 years ago

Where were they sold and what was the price?

#128 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Both seem to be invading the pinside neighborhood, much to many of the elderly residents dismay. Funny thing is if I had offered up $20K for a Big Bang Bar or even HEP restored Medieval Madness or Cactus Canyon, they would probably be coming out of the woodwork to sell my a game. No, Supreme owners obviously cherish their games much more than that as I haven't even got one bite ...

That's kind of a silly comparison. Of course someone would sell you a BBB for $20k, but why would anyone in their right mind sell you a Supreme game for $20k when they are currently going for more than double that (triple in some cases) in the secondary market?

#129 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Obviously the community knew about it if it sold out in 6 seconds ...

So who do we think bought most of them, pinheads or hype beasts? I'm guessing a majority of the games went to the latter.

#130 5 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Are there links to threads while these were being built but not yet released?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-x-supreme-new-machine

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-buying-a-supreme-pinball-help-me-hook-up-with-younger-women

Quoted from gliebig:

Where were they sold and what was the price?

Sold thru Supreme at $10k. To get one it was kind of like mining bitcoin.

#131 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

So who do we think bought most of them, pinheads or hype beasts?

Perhaps they are one in the same.

d4cfcf2610a6140de685f51c50454f27 (resized).jpgd4cfcf2610a6140de685f51c50454f27 (resized).jpg
#132 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Who knows, but you can't say this couldn't happen. PLENTY of name brands, logos have blown up, become hugely popular, then the bubble bursts. This could be the next Beanie Babies.

#133 5 years ago
Quoted from Joey_N:

This could be the next Beanie Babies.

Cheaply made dolls for little girls.

Yeah, like I'd be into collecting that shit.

#134 5 years ago

When I see new products with little intrinsic value going for ridiculously high prices due to collector hype I figure it's only a matter of time before the bottom drops out.

Sure, there's money to be made in the short term but don't be left holding the bag.

#135 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

When I see new products with little intrinsic value going for ridiculously high prices due to collector hype I figure it's only a matter of time before the bottom drops out.

Well Supreme has been around since 1994, so it isn't exactly new.

But relatively speaking much newer than most of the latest pinball themes.

Let those that paid over retail for an Iron Maiden LE or Ghostbusters LE, be the first to throw stones.

#136 5 years ago

Where can I see pictures of this infamous Supreme pin, I didn’t see it on open.org.

#137 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No real issues with the store.

Beanie babies at $8 each were not a terrible value. When the collector hype drove some of them up to >$200 that's when you don't want to be the one buying at those prices and thinking of it as a long term investment, IMO.

#138 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Beanie babies at $8 each is not a terrible value. When the collector hype drove some of them up to >$200 that's when you don't want to be the one buying at those prices and thinking of it as a long term investment, IMO.

But what does that have anything to do with the price of tea in China?

I told ya, Beanie Babies mean nothing to me and never have. I don't buy things via speculation or long term investment. I've said it before, it's about the here and now. If I buy a brand new TV for $1500, I know damn well it will be worthless in 5 years.

I'm just looking to improve my collection with something stylish and modern without overly paying. And in 5 years, I don't care if it's "out of style" like most modern pinball themes are now. It will probably be gone by then anyway.

#139 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm just looking to improve my collection with something stylish and modern without overly paying. And in 5 years, I don't care if it's "out of style" like most modern pinball themes are now. It will probably be gone by then anyway.

Let's just say I've been on this site for awhile so I'll take your comments in the spirit I think they're meant....

I hope you land your $20k Supreme. Clearly they're a bargain at any price!

#140 5 years ago

When I was a kid, we paid more to have 2 feet on our shirts via "Hang Ten". We didn't have to, it's just something we did. But at the same time didn't waste money away buying crap like "Beanie babies" because it was something we could actually use and wear on a daily basis.

When I was a teenager it was the same story with OP- Ocean Pacific. They cost a little more than average clothes, but again they were stylish and a fad that was current. And then there was a steady stream of girls knocking on my door. You can't put a price on that!

I never bought into that Members Only or Alligator emblem shirts though because the people I saw wearing them didn't look cool at all.

But now we have come full circle with Supreme.

#141 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

When I was a teenager it was the same story with OP- Ocean Pacific. They cost a little more than average clothes, but again they were stylish and a fad that was current. And then there was a steady stream of girls knocking on my door. You can't put a price on that!

Imagine how cool you will look when you get that Supreme pin in your game room. That steady stream of girls knocking on your door might be back!

As you say, you can't put a price on that. Heck, it's worth paying whatever the going rate is.

#142 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Imagine how cool you will look when you get that Supreme pin in your game room. That steady stream of girls knocking on your door might be back!

Some things never go out of style.

#143 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

But relatively speaking much newer than most of the latest pinball themes.
Let those that paid over retail for an Iron Maiden LE or Ghostbusters LE, be the first to throw stones.

When did the collector hype start?

#144 5 years ago
Quoted from Joey_N:

When did the collector hype start?

Almost as long as they have been around. Limited runs, no advertising, underground culture picking up on it, famous hip hop stars wearing it.

It's gotten steadily bigger with no end in sight.

#145 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

But what does that have anything to do with the price of tea in China?
I told ya, Beanie Babies mean nothing to me and never have. I don't buy things via speculation or long term investment. I've said it before, it's about the here and now. If I buy a brand new TV for $1500, I know damn well it will be worthless in 5 years.

Stylish?

#146 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Almost as long as they have been around. Limited runs, no advertising, underground culture picking up on it, famous hip hop stars wearing it.
It's gotten steadily bigger with no end in sight.

Guerilla marketing seems to be very effective on the millennial generation. They don't respond well to traditional advertising methods. Anti-trust of the corporate world seems to be in fashion but they will pay $150 for a branded brick. Doh!

You're definitely one of my favorites O-din but this whole Supreme thing is lost on me. I'm friggin' old though.

#147 5 years ago

Since I set my Sega Genesis back up with my new flat screen, we aren't playing much pinball in the house anyway. It's all about Arnold Palmer golf and Mario Andretti Racing now.

So I'm looking at all the games left in there and I thought if I got rid of them all (Except Stars which is in it's own corner and Big Daddy in another room) and replaced them with a Supreme, it would really clean up the place and give it the fresh, modern look I've been looking for.

So to sweeten the offer I am putting up for trade my-

TNA
Dirty Harry- Collector quality sample game
Skateball-high end restoration with NOS Bally playfield
Eartshaker- nice conditon with sinking institute
Getaway- very nice with slight cabinet fade

All those for one Supreme. Well worth more than my original offer. Will not separate otherwise, so don't ask. No Supreme, they all stay.

#149 5 years ago

arnold palmer golf is awesome. We used to play the shit out of that.

#150 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

arnold palmer golf is awesome. We used to play the shit out of that.

I shot a 3 under on the Japan course last night, but my buddy Bob got a 5 under. I'm a little rusty..

There are 254 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-supreme-20000/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.