• 254 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Durzel
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thumb_hypebeasts-bout-to-start-shitting-themselves-supreme-supreme-adult-diapers-14279068 (resized).png
Sanbiki_no_saru (resized).jpg
2g0y12 (resized).jpg
WIN_20180717_21_09_24_Pro (resized).jpg
827BE504-BD29-4644-BBBB-A3C3E63BAAB6 (resized).jpeg
fluidmaster-fill-valves-400arp25-64_1000 (resized).jpg
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
qcDBlAT (resized).jpg
insta_delivery_sq-a155e6948a70f4130b25a0055317de6f264c42c6-s300-c85 (resized).jpg
o (resized).jpg
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20180625-142556_Instagram (resized).jpg
DSCN5895 (resized).JPG
Unknown (resized).jpg
peter-noone (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 254 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And arguing that I should want what others think I should want is just as silly.
Levi, you know it's great game with style so I think you understand.

Right on!

I'm glad the project has been such an unqualified success as well. Finally, a non-old man theme we can all embrace, and one that turned a huge profit for all involved.

#52 5 years ago

I know a lot of people here don't like the look, but I haven't seen anything like it that would dress up a mall store since No Fear came out.

It really screams modern though. And it is certainly growing on me.

#53 5 years ago

If it would help expedite matters and you are looking for something else, I would be willing to have an NIB Iron Maiden LE shipped to your door and throw in another $5000 cash.

Please do not inquire about the IMLE unless you have a Supreme to trade as it is not mine and I am not going to deal with it or give out contact info otherwise.

Thanks!

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I can't post in the regular Supreme thread but I just watched that unboxing video and all I can say is awesome, simply awesome.
$35,000 is a lot of clams, but that seems to be the going rate to get one at this time. Ouch! I'm going to have to do a little soul searching because i'll probably have to take out a reverse mortgage to make it happen. But maybe that's why I keep getting all those messages from banks telling me to do just that!

Please do NOT pay 35k for one of these O-din. I do not know you personaly but I believe you are smarter than that .

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Please do NOT pay 35k for one of these O-din. I do not know you personaly but I believe you are smarter than that .

I suppose since part of my motivation here is to impress the ladies, I could save a bundle by going another route.
lv_supreme_bedsheets_1512828483_940f9b82 (resized).jpglv_supreme_bedsheets_1512828483_940f9b82 (resized).jpg

Supreme (resized).jpgSupreme (resized).jpg

#56 5 years ago

"you're a trendy jackass!" "Hypebeast mode, bro!" "Look at my manbun"

Quoted from gliebig:

What are the callouts?

#57 5 years ago

A car across the parking lot from my shop has a Supreme bumper sticker on it.

I assume this makes it a $90,000 Toyota Camry.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

A car across the parking lot from my shop has a Supreme bumper sticker on it.
I assume this makes it a $90,000 Toyota Camry.

Don't you mean the Supreme bumper sticker has a Camry attached to it?

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Oh, i get it to flip for profit? Boring.... whatever happened to buying a game to play it? Guess I'm old school.

Haha I think of the same thing with houses today "whatever happened to people who purchased a house to live in, rather than rent it out as an investment property or renovate it only to flip it in 1-2 years?"

World is changing. Not sure if I like it but it's changing. Gotta hustle these days to make paper and beat the rat race any way you can.

I say if the man (or woman) wants to spend 20k or more on a supreme pinball machine more power to them. If it makes them happy that's the only reason they need. Doesn't influence my life or my decisions one bit.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

Haha I think of the same thing with houses today "whatever happened to people who purchased a house to live in, rather than rent it out as an investment property or renovate it only to flip it in 1-2 years?"
World is changing. Not sure if I like it but it's changing. Gotta hustle these days to make paper and beat the rat race any way you can.
I say if the man (or woman) wants to spend 20k or more on a supreme pinball machine more power to them. If it makes them happy that's the only reason they need. Doesn't influence my life or my decisions one bit.

True, but this extreme of gross indulgence should not be celebrated.

Hustling to "make paper" is a lifestyle choice. Some of the richest people I know haven't got much in the way of accoutrements. They're rich in life, love, and knowledge, etc.

Different strokes for different folks, I just happen to think that Supreme and brands of its ilk represent everything wrong with excess, wealth disparity, etc. The old adage about "how can you buy XYZ when there's people starving in the world" is extreme, and unrealistic to live your life by, but this shit is domestic. I would never want to be part of an earnest brand that sells literal bricks for hundreds of dollars. It is grotesque.

#61 5 years ago

My mind continues to be absolutely blown by this supreme Pinball machine or maybe just the brand itself. Something that would make someone buy a machine for 35k bc of it's logo/brand etc......

Levi is in this for flipping which is a whole different thing.... That doesn't impact/bother me at all but OP seems like he genuinely wants the machine for himself.... That fascinates me bc it's not the Pinball quality. It can't bc it's Spiderman. It's the branding. Wow good on supreme.

Not putting OP down either just fascinating.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

True, but this extreme of gross indulgence should not be celebrated.
Hustling to "make paper" is a lifestyle choice. Some of the richest people I know haven't got much in the way of accoutrements. They're rich in life, love, and knowledge, etc.
Different strokes for different folks, I just happen to think that Supreme and brands of its ilk represent everything wrong with excess, wealth disparity, etc. The old adage about "how can you buy XYZ when there's people starving in the world" is extreme, and unrealistic to live your life by, but this shit is domestic. I would never want to be part of an earnest brand that sells literal bricks for hundreds of dollars. It is grotesque.

Old money isn't buying into this fake scarcity/perception of value schtick unless they are behind the scenes investors cashing in on the gullibility of others.

This is a brand that has specifically targetted the nouveau riche generation who define their inner value externally via instagram likes.

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Not putting OP down either just fascinating.

No offense taken at all. I find humor in most of the other brands that are attached to pinball machines today.

I like it when pinball introduces me to something current that I am not overly familiar with, and choices in that department are slim to none today.

I see nothing wrong with trying to be hip with whats going an in modern culture today and never have. Unfortunately in this case, there is a price to be paid for that.

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Old money isn't buying into this fake scarcity/perception of value schtick unless they are behind the scenes investors cashing in on the gullibility of others.
This is a brand that has specifically targetted the nouveau riche generation who define their inner value externally via instagram likes.

How can anybody who is part of a hobby where people are paying $20,000 for Magic Girls be so dismissive of what other idiots do with their money?

Quoted from delt31:

Levi is in this for flipping which is a whole different thing.....

In what for the flipping? I don’t own a Supreme. But unlike all of you I’ve played it and it’s fun.

Besides, aren’t you the guy trying to make $1,000 on a game that isn’t even built yet? And you come at ME with a “flipping” cheap shot?

cute.

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How can anybody who is part of a hobby where people are paying $20,000 for Magic Girls be so dismissive of what other idiots do with their money?

The 20,000 dollar magic girls are also stupid.

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No offense taken at all. I find humor in most of the other brands that are attached to pinball machines today.
I like it when pinball introduces me to something current that I am not overly familiar with, and choices in that department are slim to none today.
I see nothing wrong with trying to be hip with whats going an in modern culture today and never have. Unfortunately in this case, there is a price to be paid for that.

remakes-watching-slide-890Z-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600 (resized).jpgremakes-watching-slide-890Z-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600 (resized).jpg
#67 5 years ago

Coming from a bunch of guys that at one time paid extra to have a little alligator on their shirt. lol.

#68 5 years ago

You can get a Supreme Stratocaster for $10,000

Even comes with the only picks that you can play it with.

P6 (resized).jpgP6 (resized).jpgSupreme-Fender-Stratocaster-White-3 (resized).jpgSupreme-Fender-Stratocaster-White-3 (resized).jpg

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’ve played it and it’s fun.

That's what I'm talking about!

Quoted from vid1900:

New York City meets my hometown Fullerton Ca. That's almost too good to be true!

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Even comes with the only picks that you can play it with.

Is this real, available, and not a counterfeit?

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Is this real, available, and not a counterfeit?

Totally real.

They would be hard(er) to counterfeit because even the neck and fretboard are also painted white.

The sucky part about it is that these are not even high end Fender guitars.

No 2-point tremolo, no locking tuners, no noisless pickups, no LSR nut - if it was not Supreme branded, it would be a $999 American Special.
DJ5X1dqXkAA5mak (resized).jpgDJ5X1dqXkAA5mak (resized).jpg

#72 5 years ago

Hmmm...still a quality guitar. Who needs locking tuners these days it ain’t 1988!
I wonder how many of the buyers can actually play. Maybe it comes with a supreme chord book.

#73 5 years ago

LOL. that's great. They buy the cheapest shit they can and charge the most that anyone has ever seen. With a boring piss poor quality logo to boot.

That reminds me, anyone seen the documentary Idiocracy? It's a pretty good movie.

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I wonder how many of the buyers can actually play.

I guess it depends on your definition of the word play .....

#75 5 years ago

I wonder how much one of these would run me.

8972acdb4cba81a4f510b2ba65e0791a (resized).jpg8972acdb4cba81a4f510b2ba65e0791a (resized).jpg
#76 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yes! Finally you post something I would pay Big Money to experience.

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The bikini about £80, for the lady add a half dozen 0’s

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

See all the dream theme threads on pinside if you have any doubt about that.

I would say PT Barnum said it best there's a sucker born every minute

#79 5 years ago

The whole Supreme thing reminds me of the Beenie Babies craze of the mid to late 90's. It's essentially the same concept where a company creates artificial scarcity in order to make a product "collectible". I have no doubt that Supreme merchandise will see the same type of crash at some point.

#80 5 years ago

I don't get the joke?

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from Joey_N:

I don't get the joke?

Wrong thread.

The joke is all the old farts on this board begging for themes that haven't been relevant in 30 or 40 years. And the pinball manufacturers making them.

Now that's some funny shit there!

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Had to reverse image search that. Lisa Ramos. You're welcome.

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Wrong thread.
The joke is all the old farts on this board begging for themes that haven't been relevant in 30 or 40 years. And the pinball manufacturers making them.
Now that's some funny shit there!

If enough people were willing to pay for a run of Kansas Point of Know Return pinball machines, it would be relevant to the business.

#84 5 years ago

All they are is dust in the wind-epic!

#85 5 years ago

Supreme is a 1/4 of a Century old, 1 Billion dollar brand... but they’ve probably got it all wrong.

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Supreme is a 1/4 of a Century old, 1 Billion dollar brand... but they’ve probably got it all wrong.

Yeah, they should have modeled their business plan after No Fears.

#87 5 years ago

I think it's time for someone to start a new brand to compete against supreme's elitist culture

I give you that brand
anti supreme (resized).jpganti supreme (resized).jpg

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I guess it depends on your definition of the word play .....

Umm, Yeah... what was that? At a club gig many years ago, we handed out about 15 or 20 old acoustic guitars to members of the crowd, and showed them how to play Em and G using only the lowest 3 strings (you only hafta move 1 finger), and we did some old dylan song or something with the crowd playing along. The crowd sounded as good as that.

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I think it's time for someone to start a new brand to compete against supreme's elitist culture
I give you that brand

I'd buy a shirt ,make it so. Also since it is not for elitist pricks the very most I'd expect to pay for a shirt is $15 .

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I guess that just goes to show how out of touch I am with the skateboarding world. I falsely assumed that the company was relatively new, since the first I heard of it was the pinball machine.

#91 5 years ago

You can get a pic of the machine for a reasonable price!

ebay.com link: ebay.com

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I already got pictures of it.

What it is is growing up in So Cal we heard the whole world thought we were cool. Starting trends everywhere. We didn't take much stock in it, we just kept on doing it. But now, the only cool thing is which place sells the best fish tacos, and how long will they be there.

Then along comes Supreme! A brand from New York City? At first I was skeptical., but as open minded as I like to be I went hmmmm.. let's check this out...

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

ebay.com link

This seems reasonable.....

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I'd buy a shirt ,make it so. Also since it is not for elitist pricks the very most I'd expect to pay for a shirt is $15 .

damn! there goes my get rich quick scheme of only printing 10 shirts and selling them for $20,000 ea

actually, this is pretty a pretty good idea and I've got a friend that owns a print shop. let me see what I can get them made for. if I'm going to do them, I want to do them right with nice tagless shirts and die-sub printing.
I can't believe that we're still dealing with these heavy vinyl heat transfers in this day and age where it feels like you've got a big 5mil thick sticker stuck to your chest when the weather gets warm.

so, I'm thinking a really light heather gray shirt color since the background for the image is white

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

In what for the flipping? I don’t own a Supreme. But unlike all of you I’ve played it and it’s fun.
Besides, aren’t you the guy trying to make $1,000 on a game that isn’t even built yet? And you come at ME with a “flipping” cheap shot?
cute.

Levi!! we were doing so well! haha. Let me try to bridge the gap here.....

Here is what I was referring to. Maybe I misunderstood your comment? You said:

"If anybody is offering up Supremes for $20K I'll take 5."

Certainly you don't need 5 Supremes right? I would assume this comment is based on the fact you could flip at least 4 of these for profit no?

Of course it does - so that is where my comment came from. No intention of being cute. I would let you know otherwise!

As I mentioned in my comment - NO issue with you flipping them if you want. As for my TnA, I paid a premium and added in extras as well. I didn't profit 1k unfortunately (not even close, barely above even). However if I did, or you did, or someone else does - great! That's called being smart. If the market demands it, why put anyone down for taking it?

I think we both agree on that.

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Levi!! we were doing so well! haha. Let me try to bridge the gap here.....
Here is what I was referring to. Maybe I misunderstood your comment? You said:
"If anybody is offering up Supremes for $20K I'll take 5."
Certainly you don't need 5 Supremes right? I would assume this comment is based on the fact you could flip at least 4 of these for profit no?
Of course it does - so that is where my comment came from. No intention of being cute. I would let you know otherwise!
As I mentioned in my comment - NO issue with you flipping them if you want. As for my TnA, I paid a premium and added in extras as well. I didn't profit 1k unfortunately (not even close, barely above even). However if I did, or you did, or someone else does - great! That's called being smart. If the market demands it, why put anyone down for taking it?
I think we both agree on that.

Fair enough. You know I don’t give a shit about what anybody sells anything for.
And if I can get 5 supremes cheap I’ll flip 4 and keep 1!

It’s fun goddammit. With a really cool sound package.

#97 5 years ago

Agreed.

As for the pin I haven't seen it in action but blown away by the market on it.

#98 5 years ago

What I don't understand is why they re-themed a shitty home edition game when they could have started with something that plays so much better. Why not re-theme Tron, or MET, or something actually good?

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

What I don't understand is why they re-themed a shitty home edition game when they could have started with something that plays so much better. Why not re-theme Tron, or MET, or something actually good?

maybe they had a sh!tton (aka 200+) of spider-man thepin 2.0 playfields produced and sitting in the warehouse. by simply sanding off the existing artwork and then re-screening them with that very difficult playfield art, you've got a new playfield without the costs associated with new lumber, cnc'ing and putting in new inserts

#100 5 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Make it so Doug. Make it so.

There are 254 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-supreme-20000/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.