Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170706_190121 (resized).jpg
image (resized).png
5 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

Quick question for you guys...... What do you think the price range should be on a super Mario Bros pin? Pinside estimate shows lower 2's. I'm seeing mostly right around 3. I know the market is trending up but damn! There really don't seem to be any that are in really nice condition out there. I'm only seeing average players condition out there. They all have wear. Maybe I'm way off on what the price should be. All opinions are welcome.

I just sold my Super Mario Bros for $2k. It had a small wear spot by the lower right pop bumper but it didn't interfere with gameplay. Looking back on it I probably should have brought it to Pintastic as I probably could have gotten in the $3k range as it seems the kids who grew up in the early 90's on the Mario Bros stuff are beginning to be able to afford pinballs now. IMO the demand for the title by that 30 something group of kids is what is driving the price up now. It can be had for in the $2200 - $2500 (in very good condition) range but demand right now could push it to $3k or possibly more.

It's a pretty simple playing pinball machine....it's certainly fun but it's not anything special. nice looker but just not a very deep pin. Don't overpay for it because you might not get your money back on it.

#52 6 years ago

Honestly for the simple pin that it is you will regret paying $3k for one of these in a month regardless of condition unless you are a hardcore Nintendo collector.

#53 6 years ago

Ya the game kind of sucks lol. It's just to get my son to play more. He loves Mario. Of course I'd play it too. I also don't want to offend any sellers out there.

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

Ya the game kind of sucks lol. It's just to get my son to play more. He loves Mario. Of course I'd play it too. I also don't want to offend any sellers out there.

Most people selling it know already!

#55 6 years ago

There's a little more to it than on the surface. It depends on what goals you're trying for. Most of the time it's the high score. But you could also try and complete all the modes. I even set out once to just beat the video mode. But no matter what you're trying for it is on the easier side of the pinball scale but even still there's replay value especially when you want a break from playing a more difficult pin.

Also almost every Mario has a worn spot near the pop bumpers. It's not gonna be to find one with out it but to find one with less.

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

There's a little more to it than on the surface. It depends on what goals you're trying for. Most of the time it's the high score. But you could also try and complete all the modes. I even set out once to just beat the video mode. But no matter what you're trying for it is on the easier side of the pinball scale but even still there's replay value especially when you want a break from playing a more difficult pin.
Also almost every Mario has a worn spot near the pop bumpers. It's not gonna be to find one with out it but to find one with less.

I will say the video mode is cool once you figure out the jump physics. You have to learn to jump later to clear the various things. I have a GB and a Simpsons Pinball party next to it so I think it exaggerates how "simple" it is to me. Not entirely fair sometimes to compare a 1992 game to a 2005 or 2016 one I guess...

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

I will say the video mode is cool once you figure out the jump physics. You have to learn to jump later to clear the various things. I have a GB and a Simpsons Pinball party next to it so I think it exaggerates how "simple" it is to me. Not entirely fair sometimes to compare a 1992 game to a 2005 or 2016 one I guess...

Video mode took me a week or so to get it down.

I can definitely see how playing Mario after playing a few games of GB could be a breath of fresh air for someone's pinball confidence lol.

I also forgot to mention trying to defeat all the castles and putting your initials in for it is another nice goal.

Mario's easy it isn't very deep BUT there's plenty to do.

#59 6 years ago

That's a different Mario game fyi

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

That's a different Mario game fyi

Oops, sorry, didn't realize there were two of them!

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Whats your budget?? I may be willing to let mine go.. Message me.

Nice looking Mario! Wow!

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Nice looking Mario! Wow!

They decided to hold onto their Mario

#63 6 years ago

(In the voice of The Rock) Finally......super Mario has come back to pittsburgh. Thanks for all your help guys! Got home a little late tonight and of course I had to get it cleaned and set up so my son will be surprised when he goes down there tomorrow morning.

#64 6 years ago

So? Which one did you get?

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

So? Which one did you get?

I second that. We need the pics.

#66 6 years ago

Nice congrats

#67 6 years ago

Congrats!

#68 6 years ago

I'm coming over later to play it Finally!!! This has to be the longest, saddest wanted thread in Pinside history. Can't wait to see it.

#69 6 years ago

Did you get the one in listed here in the Market that was out in Monclova?

#70 6 years ago

The one from new Philadelphia ohio

#71 6 years ago

New Philadelphia, born and raised, on the playground is where I spent most of my days.

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

I'm coming over later to play it Finally!!! This has to be the longest, saddest wanted thread in Pinside history. Can't wait to see it.

Longest, saddest.... Agreed. Glad to see he got that smb. You would think he was trying to find King Kong. Father of the year material here

#73 6 years ago

Longest and saddest for a while but at least there is a happy ending. I saved the princess. My son was so happy and excited when he saw it. I had to do some rearranging to my lineup late last night and there just so happens to be another opening after a closed the gap between machines. After we played for a bit, he said "daddy there is room for another pinball machine. What are we going to get? I really like Batman now!" Like father, like son I guess.

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

I think Blackbeard might still hold that title: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-mousin-around-bally-1989-1992

Regardless, good to see you finally got one! I think SMB is good simple fun for sure.

#75 6 years ago

if you get anything over $1500 for a SMB, consider it a gift (for the seller). None of the gottleib system 3's except stargate go over $1800. most hover around the $1000-1200 range often. You pay 3k for any gottlieb DMD, and you will be taking a hit down the road.

As far as batman machines go. You really can't go wrong with any of them as they are all fun in their own way. I do like Batman forever the best out of all 4 of them tho.

#76 6 years ago

Market will say different for SMB. 1500 only? No way. They sell easy@ 2k.

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Market will say different for SMB. 1500 only? No way. They sell easy@ 2k.

And Mushroom World as well.

#78 6 years ago

I wish the smbs sold for 1500. Everywhere I looked they were listed at 3k+ for the most part with beat cabs and playfields. I offered less but wouldn't hear back from the sellers and they had sold elsewhere. I'm happy with the price I paid. It was a lot less than 3k but nowhere near 1500. The cab on mine is damn near perfect. A couple spots of wear on playfield but much less than normal ones I've see. Either way I'm happy it worked out. It will be in my collection for a long time. It's a simple game but more fun than I thought.

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

And Mushroom World as well.

bullshit. I sold my mushroom world in nice shape for $800 fully working and shopped and it didn't exactly fly off the shelf.

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

bullshit. I sold my mushroom world in nice shape for $800 fully working and shopped and it didn't exactly fly off the shelf.

Sucker.

#81 6 years ago

If you ever get one again and are selling for 800, hit me up.im sure my son would like that one as well.

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

if you get anything over $1500 for a SMB, consider it a gift (for the seller). None of the gottleib system 3's except stargate go over $1800. most hover around the $1000-1200 range often. You pay 3k for any gottlieb DMD, and you will be taking a hit down the road.
As far as batman machines go. You really can't go wrong with any of them as they are all fun in their own way. I do like Batman forever the best out of all 4 of them tho.

What year was this? Also been looking for a SMB to go with my SMBMW couldn't find anything under $2500 and those needed work. Seen two SMBMW pins at Allentown and they both were priced around 3 to 3.5k both one was missing the ticket dispenser and both were pretty beat. Both were gone by the end of the show.

#83 6 years ago

There is more to the game than people give credit for... still a simpler pin. Gets pretty good play next to my Oz & Hobbit at our pizza shop... the kids love it.

$3500 is what Dr. Scott in Maumee Ohio is selling them for as well. He has 2.

There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-super-mario-bros-3/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.