• Latest reply 5 years ago by Pickle
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

outhouse (resized).jpg
1193746 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 5 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - wanted

Wanted: (a real)The Big Lebowski

Added: 2018-07-13 15:30:56 UTC • Ended: July 27th, 2018

0 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

Wanted

Item description

I know the current market right now... But, I wanted to throw up a hail mary.. I am not someone who wants to flip the game or make a penny on it. I just am hoping to add it to my collection someday. Everytime I've gotten close to mine shipping or buying a used one.. something seems to go horribly wrong (I know I'm not alone).

I've got $13k I can offer for the game. If I can find something.. I'd even donate to the Dutch Pinball relief fund or better yet, Pinside.

Thanks for your time... And, yeah, I know...

Brian.

Item photos

1193746 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are pinghetto's market stats.

bronze Seller

pinghetto has Pinside Bronze seller status!

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to pinghetto's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Farmington, Mn, US

#2 5 years ago

I would be willing to trade some stuff too possibly...

#3 5 years ago

I'd trade my outhouse for one.

outhouse (resized).jpgouthouse (resized).jpg
#4 5 years ago

I just have to ask....does your wife know about this?

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I just have to ask....does your wife know about this?

Not entirely...

#6 5 years ago

I hope you can work a deal and get one.

LTG : )

#7 5 years ago

If $20K is market and you're offering $13K, then you don't want it "super duper bad." O-din and his Supreme, now that's an obsession.

#8 5 years ago

This is almost as hilarious as some dude thinking he can buy a Supreme for $20,000.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

If $20K is market and you're offering $13K, then you don't want it "super duper bad." O-din and his Supreme, now that's an obsession.

And that's why I made it a forum topic... So you guys could bump it..

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

You can want something super duper bad without having a chance in hell of getting it!

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You can want something super duper bad without having a chance in hell of getting it!

Or a chance in hell of affording anymore.. I thought I'd try. Not trying to be an ass.

#12 5 years ago

Being that i've never even played it, is it worth all the hype? is the gameplay and code even good? Or is it nostalgia and the fact that it is super rare? I'm just curious.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Being that i've never even played it, is it worth all the hype? is the gameplay and code even good? Or is it nostalgia and the fact that it is super rare? I'm just curious.

IMO it's pure speculation. All it takes is a few people to think "Wow - this rare item is worth X" and it becomes so in that small microcosm of people.

For example - if there are only 3 of something in the world, and all 3 owners refuse to sell for less that 50K - if there is at least 1 person willing to buy at 50K then that collectible is now worth 50K : at least within that group of 4 people LOL. For the Big Lebowski, the few early sellers went for big bucks (20K) and got it, so now that is the accepted standard price among TBL owners. Why not? If someone else sold one for 20K shouldn't theirs be worth the same? But if people stop buying at 20K, the price could easily drop to 15K or 10K very quicky - or if sellers all draw the line at 30K, now that's the new "value".

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

So.. I would say that it's no better than anything released today. Or recently on the market. But, with that said, it is a good game.

For me, I love the movie. I love the quotes being put to work on a pinball. I like the layout. And I like mechanical toys like the bowling mech. Also, I'm a mode game guy. And this is exactly that.

Also, there's a portion for me that's about the chase. I was an early achiever and we know how that's going. After that, I tried to buy one on the used market that turned out to be a scam. I keep coming so close. It's one of those things that might not be worth it once I get it home some day.

I know my price isn't what the last ones sold for... But, others have recently. My reasoning for the price I posted is, mainly, I can't afford much more without liquidating more of my collection. And I like my games. I don't want to let too many go. Especially for a game that could work one day and die the next. Never to be supported again.

I realize that is the risk when buying something like this... But, I wanted to give it a shot. I honestly have no motivation in pinball by investment and profit what so ever.

Brian

#15 5 years ago

Also, I had considered going together with a good operator friend to buy Greg's, but then it would have spent some time on the street.

That is the reason for this febel attempt to buy it on my own.. Like I said, I thought I'd try.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

That is the reason for this febel attempt to buy it on my own.. Like I said, I thought I'd try.

Not a feeble attempt. You tried. Someone may contact you. Let the negotiations begin.

And like you posted, if it dies, there isn't a company to go to for tech support.

LTG : )

#17 5 years ago

This is like deja vu all over again.

1 week later
#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Its because it is rare and has a story to it.

Great example is BBB. It is a nice looking game, and its not capcom's worst, but it wasn't their best. Its better than Airborne, but not as good a game as Pinball Magic. Pinball Magic pulls 4k+ BBB for an IPB version is what 16k until the remake comes out. All because it has a story to it.

Another game that is just as rare is Mystery Castle. It is a good game, but parts availability and general lack of knowledge about it keep it low. It is desirable enough to pull 4k+ to the right person, but it won't ever be a 10k game, no story to sell.

For the record most rare games are hampered by code. They didn't last long enough to get revised. Some like Pistol Poker are pretty anemic. Others are fairly fleshed out like Pinball Magic, but lack tuning.

#19 5 years ago

I really wanted one of these games too, but lack of support from a soon to be defunct company and lack of replacement parts that are special to this game made me decide I don’t want one. If it ever gets mass produced I will take another look at the game as I really like everything about it.

#20 5 years ago

There are collectors with hearts.....some do sell on occasion to someone with a fair price to someone that really wants something that is special to them. 13K is not an unreasonable offer considering the game cost what 9-10K to begin with so not like an original owner is losing money.

Hope someone comes through for ya!

The problem with TBL is going to be keeping it working. I believe there are enough experienced collectors with them to keep them up and running. 20 years from now who knows though...

For the price people are dumping FT I would like one but keeping it running long term is a risk...same with any of the one offs from failed upstarts.

Now rare one offs/prototype games from major manufacturers is not a problem....most parts can be dealt with to keep them running.

JJP is still a risk.....no POTC yet. That is not looking good. No good info on next game either. Think of what a nightmare keeping a WOZ or TH running 10-20 years from now if they cannnot get get this next game out.

But hope th OP gets his game. Good luck!

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-super-duper-bad-a-realthe-big-lebowski and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.