New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 271016)

Wanted: Star Light

By badbilly27

4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Whysnow
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200327_184942 (resized).jpg
20200327_184716 (resized).jpg
20200327_184112 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 4 months ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

Wanted

wanted

Wanted: Star Light

Added: June 16th, 2020 Re-listed: 1 time (September 13th, 2020) Ended: October 17th, 2020

Item description

Looooong Shot but if you have one for sale PM me.

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Prospect Heights, IL, US

Seller insights

These are badbilly27's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to badbilly27's stats page

#2 4 months ago

Shoulda offered more I guess? Had I been the seller I would at least told you what the other guy was offering

#3 4 months ago

I'm just mad I didn't know there was a local Star Light for sale. One of the few low production games that's actually a blast to play. Most are rare for a reason. Good luck! If I ever stumble across one you'll be the first to know... right after I unload it in the basement.

#4 4 months ago

That game is very clean !

#5 4 months ago

Sorry you missed out.

What was your offer? How much did it sell for?

When I was looking, there was a pretty nice one overseas. If you hunt around, you can likely find that guy and talk with him.

This is a title worth dealing with importing.

#6 4 months ago

I know of one that might be for sale

#7 4 months ago

It belongs to my friends dad. He's not really a pin guy. Barely ever gets played, maybe a few rounds when friends or family are over visiting. We used to play it a lot growing up.

It was shopped least year and only has a handful of plays since then. I pulled all the boards out 2 months ago and sent them over to eugene mosh to get freshened up/nvram installed.

I keep telling him that if he wants a pinball machine, he needs to let this one go to a collector and get something a little newer/more fun and way less rare. Pretty sure he is ready to do exactly that.

20200327_184942 (resized).jpg20200327_184112 (resized).jpg20200327_184716 (resized).jpg
#8 4 months ago

Message sent. Thanks Haymaker

#9 4 months ago

He didn’t take my offer either and it was gone just like that!

#10 4 months ago
Quoted from danczaz:

Man he pivoted on you guys hard!

#11 4 months ago
Quoted from danczaz:

serious question... who make an offer on a $2800 Starlight?

You hop in the truck and haul ass while sending a paypal deposit and pray it is not gone before you get there.

#12 4 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I know of one that might be for sale

RIP to your inbox, lol

#13 4 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

RIP to your inbox, lol

dude...no joke lol

#14 4 months ago

I get unsolicited offers on my game from like 3 different Cali guys... once every month like clockwork, lol.

Mine isnt for sale but I am sure they are on every single possible lead like a hawk.

#15 4 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

serious question... who make an offer on a $2800 Starlight?
You hop in the truck and haul ass while sending a paypal deposit and pray it is not gone before you get there.

It was only $2,800 and people were making offers?!? If it was nice I would have said "hold it for me and we'll call it $3k, on my way."

#16 4 months ago

In the rare chance this loooong shot wanted ad finds another owner interested in selling, please pm me directly. I'm just trying to own a game I enjoyed playing at Expo.

And yes, I f'd up not offering over the asking price and driving in my car that same day. Lemon juice, salt, who has the gasoline to pour into this wound? It didn't hit me how unique it was.

#17 4 months ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

In the rare chance this loooong shot wanted ad finds another owner interested in selling, please pm me directly. I'm just trying to own a game I enjoyed playing at Expo.
And yes, I f'd up not offering over the asking price and driving in my car that same day. Lemon juice, salt, who has the gasoline to pour into this wound? It didn't hit me how unique it was.

For my best guess of rarity. They made 100. I would guess 50 survived the original time toll. I think ~20 are accounted for and over my years in the hobby have counted at least 4 that were parted to save others.

My best realistic guess is 25 in collector hands and another 25 still hidden in basements or back rooms of storage.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside