• Latest reply 5 years ago by chad
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

118fde42bb2fa0c1dfdf0b31c3334d76ea1e9361 (resized).png
50AF5143-8D8F-42FF-8B70-60DB241EA0A2 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - wanted

Wanted: Star Light

Added: 2018-09-14 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (October 28th, 2018) • Ended: October 31st, 2018

Price

Wanted

I know it's a long shot but still looking for William's Star Light

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are tdiddy's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to tdiddy's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Newbury, OH, US

#3 5 years ago

Shoot me a PM. I know of a Starlight project for sale here in FL

#5 5 years ago

Have you contacted this seller? It is legit and a great price for a really awesome game!

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Have you contacted this seller? It is legit and a great price for a really awesome game!

I just worry about shipping it that far

#7 5 years ago

Looks like its sold anyway. Beautiful condition, someone got a good deal

#8 5 years ago

Having had one of these- while pretty rare, its kind of a dog of a game- you are better off spending the money on something else...having had this and played it a few days, I would not buy it again.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Having had one of these- while pretty rare, its kind of a dog of a game- you are better off spending the money on something else...having had this and played it a few days, I would not buy it again.

It is a great game. Far from even remotely being a dog!

Great challenge and keeps me coming back for more. Rare but rare and a GREAT player. Also great sounds, art, and ruleset with almost perfectly balanced risk v reward.

#10 5 years ago

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear, needs some work - “Okay, a number of people have been asking and I don't know when I will get to this one. So here is your chance. The bad: Bg is all peeled at the bottom, BG resto had already rec...”
2018-09-26
Sebring, FL
Archived after: 2 days
Viewed: 180 times
Contributed to Pinside

Project just posted.

#11 5 years ago

Agree with Whysnow, great game. Williams' version of Quicksilver.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

well, QS, but way better and of course only 1/12th the production

I genuinely really enjoy my Star Light and am super thankful a buddy sold it to me. I want to do a full restoration, but honestly dont want to tear it down for the job as it is the game I play most often at home.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Keep in mind that the layout of Star Light is just a standard body version of the widebody Williams Laser Ball layout. Personally, I don't think either game ranks anywhere near QS when it comes to gameplay since the Laser Ball / Star Light layout wasn't that great to begin with.

The Star Light theme and artwork is cool, though. So that and rarity are the main things that are really going for this game, and to me, it makes sense why the production run was cut short.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

QS, but way better

I want some of what your smoking

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

The Star Light theme and artwork is cool, though. So that and rarity are the main this that are really going for this game, and to me, it makes sense why the production run was cut short.

I understood the story that the produciton run was not "cut short"
They had 2 games ready for 1 line... Space Shuttle or Star Light. Space shuttle did better on route and thank goodness for pinball it did!

Quoted from Mitch:

I want some of what your smoking

swing on over (seriously, we need to play some games as our tastes are so similar). After a session and some starlight, you will understand also.

Reality is the game is so rare that lots want to bag on it even though they have never seen/played one. Game is top notch and if it was not for purely poor timing it would have made full production and be even more sought after now (more would have played and want it)

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

well, QS, but way better and of course only 1/12th the production

I'd love to get one and set them up side by side. But seriously, I could never see it dethroning QS as the better game.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Space shuttle did better on route and thank goodness for pinball it did!

And that's why Star Light's run was cut short

Quoted from Whysnow:

Reality is the game is so rare that lots want to bag on it even though they have never seen/played one. Game is top notch and if it was not for purely poor timing it would have made full production and be even more sought after now (more would have played and want it)

I've played it a couple of times--someone actually brought one to one of the northeast shows a couple years ago. I wasn't very taken with it. Unfortunately, a decent portion of the rare titles out there are rare because they didn't do well during testing, even though several of them gained a following with collectors years or decades later.

If I saw one for sale for a good bargain price, I'd certainly pick it up. However, I certainly wouldn't be motivated to pay top dollar for one. But, everybody has different tastes, so everyone is free to pursue the games they enjoy.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I've played it a couple of times--someone actually brought one to one of the northeast shows a couple years ago. I wasn't very taken with it.

You need to play Phoebe's. Beautiful game done right. The mods she made are very tasteful and enhance the gameplay experience well.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

they didn't do well during testing

I think they way to say that more accurately is "they did not do as well as X" In this case, space shuttle was the winner on theme alone.
Your statement infers something is not a good game when in reality it may have just been a business decision and relative to many other factors.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

However, I certainly wouldn't be motivated to pay top dollar for one.

I dont think 2700 for a project would be considered top dollar... 1/100 when reality is likely that only <50 remain in any condition...

bargain prices are not likely unless you get lucky and are taking advantage of someone that does not know its value.

#20 5 years ago

Well, what makes it a good game (rarity aside), in your opinion?

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Well, what makes it a good game (rarity aside), in your opinion?

rarity has zero impact on if a game is good.

cool theme, fun layout with tight lanes, nearly perfect scoring balance and challenge of 2 ball mutli, extra button for lane change and ability to score lanes via pf rollovers or lanes is cool, unusual target placement, and 1 hell of a perfectly challenging lock shot.

toss it together with great art and sound package and butter smooth shots once you dial them in! Game is just a perfect and pure pinball bliss to me.

I dont think I have a game that I cuss at more but keep hitting the start button.

That is when I know real pinball has grabbed me. When I can play 50 games in 2 hours and keep cussing and yet getting enough sense of accomplishment to hit start again. Full and complete detachment from the real world via pinball bliss.

#22 5 years ago

cool webpage form a pinside user (alienpoker) about SL

http://www.firepower.2ya.com/7-sl.html

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

rarity has zero impact on if a game is good.
cool theme, fun layout with tight lanes, nearly perfect scoring balance and challenge of 2 ball mutli, extra button for lane change and ability to score lanes via pf rollovers or lanes is cool, unusual target placement, and 1 hell of a perfectly challenging lock shot.
toss it together with great art and sound package and butter smooth shots once you dial them in! Game is just a perfect and pure pinball bliss to me.
I dont think I have a game that I cuss at more but keep hitting the start button.
That is when I know real pinball has grabbed me. When I can play 50 games in 2 hours and keep cussing and yet getting enough sense of accomplishment to hit start again. Full and complete detachment from the real world via pinball bliss.

Have you played laserball? What do you think of it.

#24 5 years ago

I want to know how many system 9 Starlights were produced. On IPDB they picture one.
Anyone have a complete manual? PBR does not have one.

#25 5 years ago

Darnit now I want one!

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Have you played laserball? What do you think of it.

I have not played a good example so cant comment fully, but geometry is completely different.

While it has some features shared I dont think it is remotely similar on the grand scale.

#27 5 years ago

$2.7K for a project **seems** expensive at this point.

With CPR doing their 'on demand' ordering next year, I'd just build one from scratch.

There are no unique parts that I can think of on the game, and you would probably replace almost everything on the project carcass anyway.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

With CPR doing their 'on demand' ordering next year, I'd just build one from scratch.
There are no unique parts that I can think of on the game, and you would probably replace almost everything on the project carcass anyway.

Sounds like plan....

#29 5 years ago

I had a compelling argument all lined up for starlight, but who needs convincing

50AF5143-8D8F-42FF-8B70-60DB241EA0A2 (resized).jpeg50AF5143-8D8F-42FF-8B70-60DB241EA0A2 (resized).jpeg
#30 5 years ago

Fabulous Foursome right there.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Keep in mind that the layout of Star Light is just a standard body version of the widebody Williams Laser Ball layout.

Kinda sorta.

All those drop targets and all that empty space really slow Laserball down.

Starlight is much tighter and faster with only 2 flippers and no drops.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Is it confirmed that cpr is making star light pfs? When and how much? Would love to have one!!!

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I want to know how many system 9 Starlights were produced. On IPDB they picture one.

Supposedly the last 10.

If you take the serial numbers that have been documented as indication either its less than that or it was "random" which 10 actually got the sys9 boardset.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Supposedly the last 10.
If you take the serial numbers that have been documented as indication either its less than that or it was "random" which 10 actually got the sys9 boardset.

Thanks.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I have the only known System 9 as far as I know.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from HoneyBadger:

pictures please

anything different besides running a sys9 boardset?

#37 5 years ago

They are on IPDB

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from HoneyBadger:

They are on IPDB

so just the SYS9 board then?

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Looks like its sold anyway. Beautiful condition, someone got a good deal

For sure whoever bought it got a good deal. A member here offered me $6000 USD for mine last month.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

so just the SYS9 board then?

Just like Space Shuttle

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from HoneyBadger:

For sure whoever bought it got a good deal. A member here offered me $6000 USD for mine last month.

#42 5 years ago

The game looks very fun after watching tutorial videos. I’ve played one in Banning, but found it uneventful because if I don’t know the rules I don’t have as much fun. Now I can see how fun and replayability the game has. I wish the project game had a better playfield for the price. What’s a decent example worth?

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from HoneyBadger:

Do you mind saying what your serial number is? Or adding it here?

http://www.ipsnd.net/View.aspx?id=2362

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

What’s a decent example worth?

Hardest part is finding one it seems.

That project one actually has a decent and completely resotable pf. I have contemplated buying it myself to restore and swap in my game. If the price had not been jacked up from the previous sale by such a large amount (that same game was sold in the last 10 months on here), I would probably toss an offer.

I know vid1900 claims CPR will be making pfs, but I dont see it (I wish it woudl happen, but doubtful to even do the work when they may sell 10 in total to the 30 games still surviving)

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I know vid1900 claims CPR will be making pfs, but I dont see it (I wish it woudl happen, but doubtful to even do the work when they may sell 10 in total to the 30 games still surviving)

If you have been following the CPR reboot thread, they bought a digital printer to print the playfields, plastics and backglasses.

So no more needing 9 color separation artwork.

So no more burning 9 screens for silkscreening.

So although they will probably still silkscreen mass produced playfields (since Planetary got all the original artwork films from Gene), the only thing that would absolutely require silkscreening would be the masking layer for mirrored backglasses.

Kev said even "one off" playfields are going to be totally doable.

-

I'm sure they will sell a few Starlights.

They sold 30 Sexy Girls. Probably 10 for people who owned a real one, and the rest to people who simply built their own from scratch (I built 3 from scratch) :

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transgendering-a-sexy-girl-into-a-bally-vids-guide

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If you have been following the CPR reboot thread, they bought a digital printer to print the playfields, plastics and backglasses.
So no more needing 9 color separation artwork.
So no more burning 9 screens for silkscreening.
So although they will probably still silkscreen mass produced playfields (since Planetary got all the original artwork films from Gene), the only thing that would absolutely require silkscreening would be the masking layer for mirrored backglasses.
Kev said even "one off" playfields are going to be totally doable.
-
I'm sure they will sell a few Starlights.
They sold 30 Sexy Girls. Probably 10 for people who owned a real one, and the rest to people who simply built their own from scratch (I built 3 from scratch) :
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transgendering-a-sexy-girl-into-a-bally-vids-guide

I would love if it happened, but I see it as very unlikley. Despite them having the ability, there are many other games where even 1-off type work makes more sense. Plastics and glass are much eaiser/ faster... playfields are still going to be years before they are done and 1-offs are going to the back of the line unless they happen to be a pet project for someone in the group.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would love if it happened, but I see it as very unlikley.

If you want it to happen, don't just talk about it, MAKE it happen.

Get your playfield scanned, front and back, in a single pass (your local Cruz scanner).

Give me the artwork to correct if Kev does not already have it from Williams.

Now you have taken the first step to getting it done.

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would love if it happened, but I see it as very unlikley. Despite them having the ability, there are many other games where even 1-off type work makes more sense. Plastics and glass are much eaiser/ faster... playfields are still going to be years before they are done and 1-offs are going to the back of the line unless they happen to be a pet project for someone in the group.

I can see it happening. Like you said, the one-offs will go to the back of the line. But the good titles, especially those that don't require licensing will be produced. Joust is another example. How many of those playfields have been made for a production run of 402 games?

Eventually, you'll be able to build just about any game you want from scratch. People are jumping in to fill the niche voids in the reproduction parts industry. Aprons and wiring harnesses being two that come to mind as of late. We need someone to manufacture transformers, common mechs like drop target banks and some of the other obscure parts where the NOS supply has dried up (like classic Stern pop bumper parts).

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Eventually, you'll be able to build just about any game you want from scratch.

Exactly.

I just did 2 more Fathom playfields for a guy that builds them from scratch and sells them for $8,000

He won't share where he gets the inline drop mechs from, but I assume he is just laser cutting them and having them bent.

I know where he is getting the cabs from.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Exactly.
I just did 2 more Fathom playfields for a guy that builds them from scratch and sells them for $8,000
He won't share where he gets the inline drop mechs from, but I assume he is just laser cutting them and having them bent.
I know where he is getting the cabs from.

know anywhere I can get a full wiring harness for Fathom?

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-star-light-2/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.