Topic Stats

• 71 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by thierryv
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 20 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

235137-i_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4659_(1)_(resized).jpg
IMG_2974_(resized).JPG
IMG_2970_(resized).JPG
IMG_2969_(resized).JPG
IMG_2965_(resized).JPG
IMG_2959_(resized).JPG
IMG_2952_(resized).JPG
IMG_2940_(resized).JPG
IMG_2956_(resized).JPG
IMG_2960_(resized).JPG
IMG_2972_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
mother-of-god-meme-rage-face.jpg
IMG_0024_(resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

Wanted

wanted

Wanted: Spirit (Gottlieb, 1982)

Added: March 2nd, 2016 Ended: April 13th, 2016

Item description

the wife said she used to play one when she was little at a gas station her father owned. she also said if i get this pin she will never say no to a pinball machine!!!! within 100 miles of 46322

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Highland , IN, US

Seller insights

These are dementedwarlok's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to dementedwarlok's stats page

#2 4 years ago

A rare bird. Good luck with the hunt.

#3 4 years ago

Thats what the wife wants. She even had tears in her eyes.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from dementedwarlok:

She even had tears in her eyes.

Get her the game. Spare no expense.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Spare no expense

Yup even went on pinball owner database and was looking outside the US

#6 4 years ago

Someone had one for sale on here within the past couple of years. Price was $$$$$, which is to be expected with this title, but perhaps they still have it?

#7 4 years ago

yeah, these go for crazy amounts. quick, someone post that photo of like 12 minty Spirits lined up!

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

yeah, these go for crazy amounts. quick, someone post that photo of like 12 minty Spirits lined up!

235135_(resized).jpg

#10 4 years ago

Just sold mine!

#11 4 years ago

I think they should make new ones,if they are that expensive and the demand is there.

#12 4 years ago

I'd sell mine but I'd want a crap load of money for it and I mean a CRAP load.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

I think they should make new ones,if they are that expensive and the demand is there.

I would SERIOUSLY take out a loan for a NIB Spirit. Get the price level down to 5k$ this is a no brainer.

#14 4 years ago

I tried to tell her she was crazy!

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

I'd sell mine but I'd want a crap load of money for it and I mean a CRAP load.

10k by christmas?

#16 4 years ago

you would be helping me actually lol she said after you get this pin i will never say no to any other pins. Plus it will stop her from crying.

#17 4 years ago

Good luck OP I've been crying ever since I realized I wanted this game and how I most likely will never own one.

#18 4 years ago

pm sent - lots of ocean between us though

#19 4 years ago

Its 10K already.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Its 10K already

I didn't realize this. I thought it was hanging steady at around the 5k to 6k range. So hard to tell on games like this that just don't come up for sale often.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I didn't realize this. I thought it was hanging steady at around the 5k to 6k range. So hard to tell on games like this that just don't come up for sale often.

It was in the 8k area last summer...

#22 4 years ago

I kind of wish someone would make a backglass, plastics, and playfield for this. Gottlieb parts are not very expensive ... You could probably build one of those three items were available ... Of course, those are not three items that are remotely easy to make .

#23 4 years ago

guess you didnt see this then. ebay.com link » Gottlieb Spirit Pinball Plastic Set
i could buy this and keep buying pieces till i get a full one. well if this game is in the price range everyone is talking about I am out then. guess i will hunt the haunted house.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Carl_694:

Just sold mine!

And I brought it! Thanks Carl!

image_(resized).jpeg

#25 4 years ago

Well not ALL Spirits are that much, yet. But the two I'm putting together will be in that neighborhood.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-spirit-restoration-begins

I need to get a few other huge projects done first so i can make room.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

#26 4 years ago

Just offer $25,000 That should get you one.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from Gort:

Just offer $25,000 That should get you one.

SOLD !! And I'll even give you the Pinside nice guy discount and knock off $5,000 and sell it to you for only $20,000. Deal ??

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

#28 4 years ago

Now I want one, of course I like Gottliebs from this era anyway! seriously lets get Steve Young to have the base parts remade and we'll all build Spirit!

#29 4 years ago

This is a dream pin of mine. Was offered a spirit last year for $6k but I didn't have the money at the time, and I was literally just getting into the hobby. I think about that missed opportunity a lot.

I really really really really want to stick it next to these two...

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#30 4 years ago

What's the draw for this game? Does it have fun gameplay, theme, or is it the rarity?

Black Hole's pretty fun and I think it's the better of the two if you compare it with Haunted House.

#31 4 years ago

Look very good and she's very fun to play, very challenging!

I miss one for 2500 can couple year ago... It's my biggest mistake in 20 years collecting pins and jukes

#32 4 years ago

I have to say, a Black Hole, Haunted House, and Spirit all lined up would be a sight to behold.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

What's the draw for this game? Does it have fun gameplay, theme, or is it the rarity?
Black Hole's pretty fun and I think it's the better of the two if you compare it with Haunted House.

Here's why I think it's a sought after game.

1.) rarity, people love rarity, I love rarity

2.) the sound effects, soundtrack and that final game over sound are fun to hear

3.) the paranormal theme is the best theme in all of pinball IMO

4.) spinning backglass effects

5.) hard ball lock shots, upper pf and juggling slingshots

6.) multiball

7.) John Trudeau

I personally love HH more because of my nostalgic attachment to the pin. But I will say the urgency of trying to stay alive on a BH ball is a lot of fun. Surprisingly, when I have a party, it's hard to get people off HH and over to BH for some reason. Granted their mostly casual players, not pinheads, but the majority seem to love HH more. BH just kicks your ass and spits you out, where HH has that cool soundtrack, easier to stay alive and a little more intuitive on how to play it.

I've only played spirit once at a pinball show, so I can't say whether it's harder than BH or just like HH where it's more forgiving.

Good luck with the search OP

#34 4 years ago

Liked because of rarity? I wish it was the most made pin ever! It's a really fun game with a unique layout and getting three ball multiball is super challenging.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

I've only played spirit once at a pinball show, so I can't say whether it's harder than BH or just like HH where it's more forgiving.

In terms of difficulty, it's kind of the midpoint between Black Hole (very difficult) and Haunted House (not easy, but not so difficult).

I'd love to see the major pieces reproduced. I think I'd have enough Gottlieb parts to build one ... we'd just need the metal ramps cut.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

seriously lets get Steve Young to have the base parts remade and we'll all build Spirit!

He has repro plastics and the spinning disc in the backglass in stock it seems.

Obviously, the major pieces are then the backglass and the playfield.

I don't think you'd be able to get the 50 or so playfield orders to justify a run (I think 50 is typically the break even point ... and the higher the price of the playfield, the fewer people will buy it). I would so love to see it happen though. Spirit is a lot of fun and has great pinball ambiance. It does fit perfectly with Black Hole and Haunted House! . I played it for about 30 minutes at the PA Coin Op Hall of Fame ... I simply couldn't stop! . It simply has a nice array of shots and goals. The layout is quite funky for lack of better terms.

As for the backbox electronics needed, I've been toying around with an idea that could make what's required relatively inexpensive. These games are 6502 based ... I ported the Atari 2600 to an FPGA years ago using a 6502 core (tied off the interrupt, detached some address lines, wrapped it up and called it a 6507 ). The 2600 abused the 6502 to death, so I have a high level of confidence that it's cycle accurate and would work perfectly in a Gottlieb pinball machines. A cheap FPGA + some circuitry for solenoids/switches/lamps wouldn't be all that expensive.

For lamps, we could save a lot of money and power by using those 5050 LEDs (I've been toying around with adding a differential buffer to those to make them better immune to noise when configured in serial mode ... seems like it would work well). The LEDs could be driven by a couple lines from the FPGA thus making wiring *extremely* easy. For switches, instead of implementing a matrix, just make each switch connection point to point (again, this is to make wiring brain-dead easy). I'd use a pair of cheap PLDs for I/O expansion needed to make that happen. The FPGA could translate from matrix to point-to-point mode with little headaches. The FPGA could also smooth out the LEDs so that they behave more like lamps.

I've been developing FPGAs for almost two decades now ... they're pretty slick for pinball applications. The PROC uses one to hardware accelerate all of the various functions you typically need for pinball machines.

For power, basically use a 48V switching power supply and an arcade or ATX power supply for solenoid voltages (48V), FPGA voltages (3.3V), audio amp voltages (12V), and lamp voltages (5V).

Keep in mind that this wouldn't be for existing Gottlieb machines ... this would be more for a ground-up build .

However, I couldn't get serious about this w/o playfields & backglasses being available . I would *love* to see that happen though! It wouldn't kill the value of the originals and a few more people could own one of these.

#37 4 years ago

Wouldn't a couple of pascals boards be enough to complete the back box?

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

I have to say, a Black Hole, Haunted House, and Spirit all lined up would be a sight to behold.

What, like this ?

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

IMG_0024_(resized).JPG

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Wouldn't a couple of pascals boards be enough to complete the back box?

Yes ... but you'd have to make the harness just like the original with those edge connectors.

Since this would be a ground-up kind of thing, I'd use something simpler for connecting stuff up since we'd have the option to use anything we'd want .

I guess you could just make adaptors for Pascal's board too. But, again, it's not even worth thinking about unless playfields and glasses would be made .

Quoted from Dayhuff:

What, like this ?

Dammit ... that trio all next to one another is as nice looking as I thought it would be ... those are three frustratingly fun games!!!

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

What, like this ?

mother-of-god-meme-rage-face.jpg

#41 4 years ago

I played Clay's quite a bit at the VFW - fun for a System 80 game. $10K worth of fun? Not so much.

#42 4 years ago

Some people collect (it's not about bang for your buck, they get pleasure in theme or rarity) and some people are dollars per fun factor only. There are many games I will never own because the fun per dollar is not there. I hope to some day be a collector lol.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I played Clay's quite a bit at the VFW - fun for a System 80 game. $10K worth of fun? Not so much.

Honestly... is any pin 10k fun?

#44 4 years ago

The ones that are don't cost $10k.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from Barron:

The ones that are don't cost $10k.

True that...

I want to see a pic of the three plus Krull.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from Schusler:

Honestly... is any pin 10k fun?

Some are closer to $10K worth of fun than others...

#47 4 years ago

image_(resized).jpeg

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Had this line-up at one time. Black Hole is my #1

#49 4 years ago

here another nice spirit ...

IMG_2972_(resized).JPG
IMG_2960_(resized).JPG
IMG_2956_(resized).JPG
IMG_2940_(resized).JPG
IMG_2952_(resized).JPG
IMG_2959_(resized).JPG
IMG_2965_(resized).JPG
IMG_2969_(resized).JPG
IMG_2970_(resized).JPG
IMG_2974_(resized).JPG

https://picasaweb.google.com/112459503540846743840/2016030602

#50 4 years ago

My new Spirit moved into the line-up...

IMG_4659_(1)_(resized).jpg

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside