Wanted Space Jam for my son

By balboarules

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I have just missed out on 2 of them in the range I was looking for.. unshopped is fine, just not a destroyed playfield or all broken plastics, looking to spend 800-950.. my 4 year old son is really getting into pinball.. "the machine" as he calls it.. and I think that Space Jam might be a blast for him.. looking for something around the New England area... can drive to pick up within a few hundred miles for the right deal.

Thanks
Steve
Balboarules
CARGPB#37

2 weeks later
#2 10 years ago

Still looking

#3 10 years ago

I'd recommend NBA Fastbreak over Space Jam, unless your son liked the movie.

#4 10 years ago

I hear some good things about NBAFB as well, but I also heard that Space Jam is really underrated. The rules and layout look like AFM though. Choose at your own risk.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

I'd recommend NBA Fastbreak over Space Jam, unless your son liked the movie.

SJ is way better IMO, good humor over NBAFB, and a blast to play. It looks great LED'd as well, as few games use a lot of orange in GI, and this one really stood out after I did one for someone. The flow in this game, like most sega's, is great. Ramp shots are sweet, I really like this machine.

Where I am, there are few DMD machines, other than SF2 and some other bombs that are still under $1,300. Good luck with the search.

#6 10 years ago

I had an nba fastbreak in the past...did not like it at all...years ago had a space jam..while not the greatest pin it was fun..plus my son is 4 so I think he will love bugs and crew..can go a little higher than the range I listed..really would like to find one soon..

Thanks
Steve

#7 10 years ago

There is a really nice and not expensive one here out west in the LA Craigslist. I bet you could get it back your way no prob.

#8 10 years ago

Do you have a link for it?

#9 10 years ago

Still looking, thought this would be an easy one..

#10 10 years ago

I agree with you on that, but I never really like the movie, which obviously made me not really like SJ.

#11 10 years ago

I'm sure there are SJ's out there, but may just be a bit harder to find. When I told a friend at work that I found one on craigslist, the first thing he said was "no dude! you'll never be able to sell it!". So that might tell you something about perception on this game. That being said, it's a fun game and when the backboard shot hits the magnet and connects it's satisfying =) The sound effects are pretty cool too. Disclaimer, I was a huge Michael Jordan fan as a kid so his mug all over the artwork doesn't bother me. I've also never seen the movie hahaha. I may have to check it out and see if it's a facepalm or not.

#12 10 years ago

I can go above the range I had listed..but not that far

1 week later
#13 10 years ago

one last bump

2 months later
#14 10 years ago

Been a few months.. Figured try again... Range 1000 to 1200.

Thanks

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-space-jam-for-my-son and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.