Sorcerer (resized).jpg
100_4952 (resized).JPG
100_4954 (resized).JPG
IMG_9982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4175 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4176 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6595 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider per3per3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1162 7 years ago

I just snagged a Sorcerer for my folks as a gift for their birthdays and their anniversary...they love it. I'm looking to LED it out and was wondering what folks would recommend. Any experiences with the cointaker LED kit. Does sorcerer suffer from ghosting (i.e. do I need the non-ghosting LEDs)?

Thanks!

P.S. Pics would would appreciated!

#1164 7 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Hey Per3Per3, I LED'd my sorcerer and it looks sweet. I just got the comet bulbs and used non-ghosting ones for the inserts. I used blue for the GI and red purple and green for the flasher pairs. I highly recommend LEDing it! Here is a video of mine...
» YouTube video

I appreciate the info and video. I only have experience with cointaker and pinballbulbs LEDs...any specific reason you went with comet?

#1166 7 years ago

I own some games but nothing earlier than a 90s williams game, so I was curious if there's a menu system for System 9 games like Sorcerer similar (but I'm sure less sophisticated) to DMD games? My folks are in Cleveland (I'm in Arlington, VA), so I don't have the machine in front of me. If there's a menu, can you explain how to access it?

Thanks!

#1167 7 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

I went with comet because it is less than half the cost of the others... I LED'd my sorcerer for probably around $50-$70 shipped.

Makes sense and it looks great! I appreciate it and the video is definitely helpful so I can get an idea of what to order.

Thanks again.

#1170 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

For what it's worth, here are my notes from the LEDs I bought for Sorcerer (mostly Comet 50/50 bulbs, http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/1smd5050.htm, with a few specialty bulbs only available from Cointaker). I color-matched the inserts as identified below. For anything white I went with warm white, I would strongly discourage cool or sunlight white for a game with warm colors and a "torch light" theme like this. I like the Comet 50/50 bulbs since they're brighter than incandescents, but don't light the game up like a Christmas tree. I'm also a fan of Warm White rather than colored bulbs in the GI to maintain the original look of the artwork.
Re: ghosting, I have the LEDOCD board so no direct experience, but there have been at least some reports that of insert ghosting with conventional LED bulbs. So, unless you want to pick up an LEDOCD (a very cool if somewhat costly product), you may want to go with non-ghosting bulbs for the Playfield Inserts. Non-ghosting bulbs are not recommended for the GI or Backbox though, as those shouldn't suffer from ghosting regardless.
Playfield Inserts (all #44 “Bayonet” bulbs):
(7) “Shoot Again” - Orange
(8) “Special W/L” - Red
(9) “S” - Red
(10) “O” - Red
(11) “R” - Red
(12) “C” - Red
(13) “E” - Red
(14) “R” - Red
(15) “E” - Red
(16) “R” - Red
(17) “A” - Green
(18) “B” - Green
(19) “C” - Green
(20) “D” - Green
(21) “Extra Ball” - Orange
(22) “Bonus Hold Over” - Orange
(23) “Demon” - Red
(24) L. Drain “Special W/L” - Red
(25) R. Drain “Special W/L” - Red
(26) L. Flipper Return “3 Adv. W/L” - Warm White
(27) R. Flipper Return “3 Adv. W/L” - Warm White
(28) All Scores “2X” - Red
(29) All Scores “3X” - Red
(30) All Scores “5X” - Red
(31) Light Below S “2,500 W/L” - Orange
(32) Light Below R “2,500 W/L” - Orange
(33) “1” - Warm White
(34) “2” - Warm White
(35) “3” - Warm White
(36) “4” - Warm White
(37) “5” - Warm White
(38) “6” - Warm White
(39) “7” - Warm White
(40) “8” - Warm White
(41) “9” - Warm White
(42) “10” - Red
(43) “20” - Red
(44) “30” - Red
(45) “40” - Red
(46) “50” - Red
(47) “Lock” - Green
(48) “Adv. Red ‘X’ W/L” - Green
(49) “2X” - Green
(50) “4X” - Green
(51) “6X” - Green
(52) “8X” - Green
(53) L. Drop Target “10K” - Warm White
(54) C. Drop Target “20K” - Green
(55) R. Drop Target “50K” - Red
Playfield Back Panel Eyes:
3 #44 - Warm White [could also try Red or Orange]
2 #63 Flashers (http://cointaker.com/products/63-super-5)
GI:
23 #44 - Warm White
4 #63 Flashers (http://cointaker.com/products/63-super-5)
Pop Bumpers:
3 #44 - Warm White (unless replacing the sockets w/ #555s, in which case 3 #555s)
Start Button: http://cointaker.com/products/555-button
[I haven't installed this yet, should confirm it's really a #555 bulb]
Backbox:
42 #44 - Warm White
[could swap in 6 Green bulbs for the Game Over, etc. indicators at bottom of backglass to avoid washout]

Greatly appreciated! That's exactly what I needed but didn't want to bother you by asking for it!

You are the man!

#1172 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

For what it's worth, here are my notes from the LEDs I bought for Sorcerer (mostly Comet 50/50 bulbs, http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/1smd5050.htm, with a few specialty bulbs only available from Cointaker). I color-matched the inserts as identified below. For anything white I went with warm white, I would strongly discourage cool or sunlight white for a game with warm colors and a "torch light" theme like this. I like the Comet 50/50 bulbs since they're brighter than incandescents, but don't light the game up like a Christmas tree. I'm also a fan of Warm White rather than colored bulbs in the GI to maintain the original look of the artwork (and a number of people just leave the GI incandescent to better maintain that original look).
Re: ghosting, I have the LEDOCD board so no direct experience, but there have been at least some reports that of insert ghosting with conventional LED bulbs. So, unless you want to pick up an LEDOCD (a very cool if somewhat costly product), you may want to go with non-ghosting bulbs for the Playfield Inserts. Non-ghosting bulbs are not recommended for the GI or Backbox though, as those shouldn't suffer from ghosting regardless.
Playfield Inserts (all #44 “Bayonet” bulbs):
(7) “Shoot Again” - Orange
(8) “Special W/L” - Red
(9) “S” - Red
(10) “O” - Red
(11) “R” - Red
(12) “C” - Red
(13) “E” - Red
(14) “R” - Red
(15) “E” - Red
(16) “R” - Red
(17) “A” - Green
(18) “B” - Green
(19) “C” - Green
(20) “D” - Green
(21) “Extra Ball” - Orange
(22) “Bonus Hold Over” - Orange
(23) “Demon” - Red
(24) L. Drain “Special W/L” - Red
(25) R. Drain “Special W/L” - Red
(26) L. Flipper Return “3 Adv. W/L” - Warm White
(27) R. Flipper Return “3 Adv. W/L” - Warm White
(28) All Scores “2X” - Red
(29) All Scores “3X” - Red
(30) All Scores “5X” - Red
(31) Light Below S “2,500 W/L” - Orange
(32) Light Below R “2,500 W/L” - Orange
(33) “1” - Warm White
(34) “2” - Warm White
(35) “3” - Warm White
(36) “4” - Warm White
(37) “5” - Warm White
(38) “6” - Warm White
(39) “7” - Warm White
(40) “8” - Warm White
(41) “9” - Warm White
(42) “10” - Red
(43) “20” - Red
(44) “30” - Red
(45) “40” - Red
(46) “50” - Red
(47) “Lock” - Green
(48) “Adv. Red ‘X’ W/L” - Green
(49) “2X” - Green
(50) “4X” - Green
(51) “6X” - Green
(52) “8X” - Green
(53) L. Drop Target “10K” - Warm White
(54) C. Drop Target “20K” - Green
(55) R. Drop Target “50K” - Red
Playfield Back Panel Eyes:
3 #44 - Warm White [could also try Red or Orange]
GI:
23 #44 - Warm White
4 #63 Flashers (http://cointaker.com/products/63-super-5)
Pop Bumpers:
3 #44 - Warm White (unless replacing the sockets w/ #555s, in which case 3 #555s)
Start Button: http://cointaker.com/products/555-button
[I haven't installed this yet, should confirm it's really a #555 bulb]
Backbox:
42 #44 - Warm White
[could swap in 6 Green bulbs for the Game Over, etc. indicators at bottom of backglass to avoid washout]

If I'm reading your list correctly, are you saying that there are 42 bulbs (plus two flashers) in the backbox and 23 GI bulbs?

Thanks!

2 weeks later
#1184 7 years ago
Quoted from beardorew:

Just joined the club this weekend. The playfield is fairly beat, but it came with an extra populated PF and the backglass is MINT.
The only issue with the game, that I can find, is that its missing the speech. I ran the sound test and none of the roms say anything. They do have the sound effects. Should I just pick up a new set of ROMS or is there another avenue I should explore first?

I just got one of these for my folks and they started experiencing issues with garbled speech (the sound effects were 100%) and then no speech at all. It's either the ribbon cable on the sound board going to the main or bad roms. I got them a new sound board ($50) which solved both problems and now it's perfect. You can't easily replace the ribbon cable since it's soldered into the sound board and is a 40 pin...so it's not really worth the effort to detach it and replace it with a new ribbon.

That all being said, if this is just a bad rom or two then it would be cheaper to just replace those.

1 year later
#1518 6 years ago

I have a few questions that I'm hoping folks can help me out with regarding the sorcerer I got for my folks:

1) the left slingshot sometimes flutters / goes off in rapid succession and my dad noticed what looks like a diode that likely needs to be replaced. I included a pic and was curious if that could fix the issue and specifically which diode I'd need for this

2) does anyone have a replacement center plastic for above the center stand up target bank?

3) has anyone had success installing the laminated or non laminated insert decals sold on eBay or planetary. The playfield is worn and a lot of the cosmetic wear is on the inserts themselves so I'm thinking this could be a nice way to make the playfield look a lot better since I'd never do a playfield swap

Thanks!

#1522 6 years ago

Forgot to add the pic for #1 below

Quoted from per3per3:

I have a few questions that I'm hoping folks can help me out with regarding the sorcerer I got for my folks:
1) the left slingshot sometimes flutters / goes off in rapid succession and my dad noticed what looks like a diode that likely needs to be replaced. I included a pic and was curious if that could fix the issue and specifically which diode I'd need for this
2) does anyone have a replacement center plastic for above the center stand up target bank?
3) has anyone had success installing the laminated or non laminated insert decals sold on eBay or planetary. The playfield is worn and a lot of the cosmetic wear is on the inserts themselves so I'm thinking this could be a nice way to make the playfield look a lot better since I'd never do a playfield swap
Thanks!

20180404_151953 (resized).jpg20180404_151953 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1523 6 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Forgot to add the pic for #1 below

Does anyone know what the blue diode (assuming that is what it is) is for in the pic?

Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 749.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider per3per3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-sorcerer-cabinet-stencils?tu=per3per3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.