Sorcerer (resized).jpg
100_4952 (resized).JPG
100_4954 (resized).JPG
IMG_9982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4175 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4176 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6595 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr_outlane.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2127 2 years ago

I'm now a proud owner of Sorcerer. What a fun game! Sounds are awesome too.

I bought it with a CPR repro playfield that is warped (twisted). I have weight on it now to attempt to straighten it. I will replace the existing playfield this winter with this one. If the warp doesn't completely disappear after installation, I'll try the threaded rod, angle iron method. But right now I'm just familiarizing myself with the table. First System 9 pin. Chris Hibler already went through the MPU/Driver board. But, I'm having this strange issue where the rollover lanes sometimes are not active at start of game and also during game and times. It never lasts long and then works normally. This pertains to all the roll over lanes at top of playfield. It's not switches causing this, as it happens to all of them at the same time. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

#2135 2 years ago

My bell wasn't working. I noticed one of the screws fell off the metal arm that rings the bell. This caused the metal arm to fall sideways and not contact the bell. I had the proper screw on hand and made the repair. The switch sits inside of the arm. Strange design! Here is the proper position of arm and switch.. This is a pic from a Firepower II..
2aed3c6bdfd3de87176d91f153fd04c1fa3104e7 (resized).jpg2aed3c6bdfd3de87176d91f153fd04c1fa3104e7 (resized).jpg
It's cool that we have a ringer and knocker both!!

#2138 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Love the bell in my Williams Taxi. It used so often through the game, where Sorcerer is saved for special occasions.
How good is the bell ringing for so long when you get GC?

I never even knew Taxi had a bell. The one I play doesn't ring!
I wish the bell in my Sorcerer was even louder!

#2140 2 years ago

According to pinwiki, I have the correct 28.5" legs. But, rear levelers are at max and the front at min and still only get 5.9 degrees angle. I want a steeper angle.

#2142 2 years ago

30.5" legs here, they sell them individually too. A couple of these in the back will do it!

Chrome - https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-5921-10

Naked - https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-5921-00

Added over 2 years ago:

All you have to do is buy the extra long leveling feet from Pinball Life. They are 4 inches rather than the normal 3 inches in length. Buy two for the rear.

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=4inch_leg_leveler_heavy_duty

2 weeks later
#2143 2 years ago

My ball gets stuck in the diverter gate on a soft plunge too often (while attempting to get the 'r' at right spinner on launch).

#2145 2 years ago

Spring was too stiff. Stretched it out and cut off the excess until it just holds gate in place. Ball no longer gets caught.

1 month later
#2149 2 years ago
Quoted from Joco77:

Hey guys! Hunting for a high resolution photo from the Sorcerer translite (light turned off without reflection). Someone can do a nice highres photo for me ?

You mean backglass?

1 week later
#2153 2 years ago

To extend the height of rear of cab to increase pitch, all you have to do is buy the extra long leveling feet from Pinball Life. They are 4 inches rather than the normal 3 inches in length. Buy two for the rear.
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=4inch_leg_leveler_heavy_duty

1 week later
#2173 2 years ago
Quoted from Snowman:

Tested and is working good again.
[quoted image]

Get yourself a crimper tool and just replace those IDC connectors with Molex connectors with Trifurcon crimps. Much more reliable and a must for bullet proofing older pins especially on the 5v logic connectors. These crimpers handle the common 0.156 and 0.100 crimps you find in pinball machines.

https://www.amazon.com/HT-225D-Cycle-Ratchet-Crimping-interchangeable/dp/B007JLN93S

1 week later
#2175 2 years ago
Quoted from I_pin_around:

How can I test that though. My trouble is not knowing what voltage the socket provides
Other than the manual, schematics, which I don’t know how to read. Also. I think the bulbs I was sent from a well known provider that rhymes with harpo, sent me the wrong bulbs. There are no markings on the bulb compared to bulbs from years ago that were labeled.

I think either bulb will work?? The 89's just won't be as bright and the 63's. You need to get a multimeter if you're going to own pinball machines and learn to measure voltage and resistance and do continuity checks. Also solder wiring. Nice classic pin collection!!

1 month later
#2181 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisel:

I recently got a sorcerer with a lot of potential but needs work. It has a new Mirco playfield however the guy that installed it did a less than stellar job. So I stripped it and had my buddy clear coat it. I’m reassembling now and just realized I don’t know how the braid goes for the pop bumper lights.
Does anyone have clear shots of the pop bumper lights wiring on bottom of playfield? Otherwise it’s going back together nicely.
I’m having a pinball birthday party in a couple weeks and I’m trying to get this done in time.
Thanks everyone.
[quoted image][quoted image]

So what did the last guy do to the clear coat??

#2183 2 years ago

Wow!
That's Mirco repro playfields for you. Good choice in correcting things! Good luck!!
My Sorcerer CRP repro is solid! Going to install it next winter.

#2191 2 years ago

WOW!!
Beautiful!
Can't wait to get mine done now!!
Where did you get those apron cards?

#2192 2 years ago
Quoted from LorenZ:

hello I'm in the club but my playfield is awful :c
What is the best repro's one?
thanks for Ur help ^^

CPR https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-playfields/sorcerer/

I you want one, I'd grab it now before they sell out! Or you may be in for a loooooong wait!

3 weeks later
#2201 1 year ago

I had the entire lamp column #1 locked on (IJ7-1). Turned out to be Q23 out of spec. Replaced it and Q15. Fixed!

1 month later
#2208 1 year ago
Quoted from kevmad:

CPR playfield received. Looks awesome. I’m starting my playfield swap. I’m nervous but excited to get it installed. Will probably take about a month.

I have a CPR Gold. Still haven't swapped it out. Maybe this winter. Please post any issues with hole alignments that you find. As usual, some holes are not dimpled.

3 weeks later
#2217 1 year ago

I'll be installing mine this winter. Mention anything you think is important that you run across, like screw holes that don't line up properly.
Good luck!

#2220 1 year ago
Quoted from Netsepp:

hello,
maybe someone has a scan of the slingshot plastics ?
thx Mike

Why?
Do you need a set?

1 week later
#2224 1 year ago
Quoted from kevmad:

About half way though my playfield swap. Going well so far. Most of the dimples on the new CPR playfield are off by about 1/8" and some are completely missing. It doesn't sound like much but it makes a big difference lining up switches in their slots, and so forth. So every switch I have to measure the holes on the old playfield and use that to know where to screw in the switch on the new playfield. Slows things down alot.

Thanks!
I figured it would be like this.
Thanks for the heads up!!
Be extra carefully getting the pop bumper stack switches/spoons right.

#2239 1 year ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

If it was an issue with the board, you’d probably see problems with more than one switch.

Excellent job explaining this!!

1 month later
#2252 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

I just entered to this club today!
Bought a nice Sorcerer and also a brand new old stock playfield in perfecft shape that i will make the swap next year.
There is some mods or upgrades avaliable to this beautiful pinball machine?
I googled, but i didn't found anything

You can install bridge rectifier fuses or the Inkochnito Bridge board http://bigdaddy-enterprises.com/ProductPages/BridgeBoard.html
Also, I will install a solenoid saver board as well, because I also plan to swap the playfield this winter with a CPR repro.

3 months later
#2271 1 year ago

Well, I finally got around to assembling and installing the Wolffpac display kit.
In case you noticed pic #2, one IC chip is not installed on the master display board (@ U8) as I stepped on it like an idiot. Wolff sent me a new one free of charge!
20220603_123057 (resized).jpg20220603_123057 (resized).jpg20230101_115802 (resized).jpg20230101_115802 (resized).jpg20230105_193959 (resized).jpg20230105_193959 (resized).jpg20230105_194432 (resized).jpg20230105_194432 (resized).jpg

#2272 1 year ago

Also, I assembled and installed the 'Special Solenoid Saver' fuse board. I've included the schematic (System 9).
Notice the orange wires (1 & 2) just pass through the fuse board - not fused.
The door comes super close to the fuse board, but just misses it. Be careful of it's location for this reason.
20230110_173057 (resized).jpg20230110_173057 (resized).jpg20230124_173757 (resized).jpg20230124_173757 (resized).jpg20230124_173919 (resized).jpg20230124_173919 (resized).jpg

Added 14 months ago:

Also, notice that the two orange (pass through) wires are 18AWG rather than 20AWG like the rest. I didn't have any 18AWG laying around, but I'll keep an eye on it. Being that it's such a short run of wire it probably won't matter.

Added 14 months ago:

I just got in some 18AWG wire and will replace the red 20AWG wires with correct 18AWG.
Pinball wiring rule is generally 18AWG for current carrying conductors and 20-22AWG for switches.

4 weeks later
#2273 1 year ago

What do you guys think of this custom decal set?

s-l500 (resized).pngs-l500 (resized).png
#2275 1 year ago
Quoted from ROMM:

Pretty cool!

I like it. I prefer the colors over the original for sure. It also just seems to fit the playfield and back glass art better. If I do decide to get the set, I'll post pics here when done installing.

1 month later
#2281 1 year ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

There are liberal and conservative setting for bonus, extra balls, etc. See pages 8 and 9 of the manual. I keep mine on conservative. I may pull my center post and put in some lightning flippers. Sorcerer is fun, but fairly easy when you get on a roll.

On mine Demon and Extra ball do NOT light together. Must be adjustable in settings.
I would replace center post.

Added 12 months ago:

See below comment. Mine operated this way as well. I meant to say it doesn't light Demon and Extra Ball together the first time.

3 months later
#2304 8 months ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Hitting ALL of the letters S-O-R-C-E-R-E-R lights demon (bonus save) but when you score the demon (3-bank of drops) the bell doesn't ring. Hitting all the S-O-R-C-E-R-E-R letters a second time lights extra ball (and demon, just in case you didn't score it on your first try), and when you score it with the 3-bank the bell will ring. I believe when you earn and score a Special with the outlanes the bell is triggered also.

Bell also rings if you get Demon on 3rd ball.

4 months later
#2330 4 months ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

25+ years in the making, I’m finally in the club. This is the game that got me hooked on pinball when I was a kid.
Anyone know the best place to source these missing coin door parts? Any 80’s Williams parts should work?
[quoted image]

It's a great classic pin!
I have a custom decal set I'm going to put on this winter. Will post when it's done. Also hopefully, I can get to installing my repro CPR playfield as well.

1 week later
#2360 4 months ago
Quoted from fireball451:

New backglass came in. It is really nice. Just a few more things to do and she will be ready to play.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I had to adjust the display panel to get them to sit right in the back glass too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 749.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 22.50
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr_outlane.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-sorcerer-cabinet-stencils?tu=mr_outlane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.