Sorcerer (resized).jpg
100_4952 (resized).JPG
100_4954 (resized).JPG
IMG_9982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4175 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4176 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6595 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider greatwichjohn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#111 10 years ago

Update on my latest restorations of playfields, last one getting finish clear coats. The last 2 playfields are over a year turnaround. It should be 3 - 6 months.

1 month later
#304 10 years ago

I'm taking in Sorcerer playfields for Restoration @ $600 US with return shipping. 2 are coming up & will be returned before Xmas. If interested contact me. Lost count on ones done, around 12 of the years.

001.JPG001.JPG 002.JPG002.JPG

#311 10 years ago

Almost all playfields get through the old color span, except 1 Sorcerer that had like a 2" bow (warp) in the corner. Some playfields get weighted down for a week at the printer. I posted years ago that I had 5 or 6 playfields, all had a few inserts off a little in areas.

Haven't had any other playfields rejected on other title's. But I throw it out there, since you never know.

2 months later
#434 10 years ago

Production of new playfields this year & early 2014 (Star Gazer, Seawitch, & Dolly Parton Conversions). I hope Sorcerer might be the first one under Planetary Pinball license, unless CPR has it locked in for production. Williams Lucky Strike is the first back glass done under license, available probably next week.

#436 10 years ago

I'm sure CPR is working on many projects. Same as back glass projects I have already done, & playfields that were restored with direct ink. If they do it fine, if not I move onto other projects.

2 weeks later
#440 10 years ago

Well I finally got fully approved as a Planetary Pinball vendor. I will ask about this early 2014, after I have made other new playfields.

#443 10 years ago

I keep doing restores but I want to stop (No More Sorcerer playfields for restore, same as Star Gazer & Space Shuttle). Move on to new playfields. I have a number of other titles over the years to rush through quickly. Talked with my printer & the ink has a chip which has been discontinued. So the color span models might be junked for parts for ones that still can get ink.

Here is the pictures of the last Sorcerer playfield going back to its owner this week.008.JPG008.JPG009.JPG009.JPG010.JPG010.JPG011.JPG011.JPG012.JPG012.JPG

3 months later
#487 10 years ago

Playfield gets sanded bare & restored. New uv ink. Should be 3 - 6 months. I'm in Texas March 10 - 31.

#489 10 years ago

Or April on when I return from vacation.

2 weeks later
#491 10 years ago

2 Sorcerer's have arrived for restoration. $500 US for service.

2 months later
#560 10 years ago

4 Sorcerer playfields in for restoration. Expect 2 - 3 month turn around starting today. So far I think there have been about 15+ restores over the last 8 years. I have learned that the many playfields are different for some lense placement & colors screened. Check out the rarer blue cape versions I sometimes receive. If you want more info on the process. www.greatpinball.com Special $500 US shipped back to USA/Canada is in effect now.

Please note my new email: [email protected]

001-780.JPG001-780.JPG 002-465.JPG002-465.JPG 003-15.JPG003-15.JPG 004-11.JPG004-11.JPG
#564 10 years ago

The art is fixed so they don't come back with the nice blue cape. Like I have said there was variance in color over all the production playfields.

4 months later
#577 9 years ago

I got all the masking needed for 10 - 12 playfields I believe. Oracle 810 cut at the sign shop. 4 of the 6 playfields ready for masking & white, then 2 coats varethane before printing. 2 playfields are getting multi coats of Varethane, for sanding through the veneer. I will sand them & add more if needed. This happens more than people know with new or used playfields.

There are 2 or more that I haven't started. Things will speed up in September for restorations & new playfields. I will post pictures probably next weekend.

3 weeks later
#586 9 years ago

First 4 almost ready for printing, next 2 in a few weeks, & starting last 3.

001-32.JPG001-32.JPG 002-157.JPG002-157.JPG 003.JPG003.JPG 004.JPG004.JPG
2 weeks later
#587 9 years ago

First 4 of 9 in for restoration this year are printed. Another 1 - 2 weeks of air curing to off gas before coats of varethane. Then they go for finish clear coats to CPR contractor. 1 had near perfect alignment, 3 were slightly off in places. I have said this over the years that many light lenses were not exactly in the same spot when originally made.

001-24.JPG001-24.JPG
002-542.JPG002-542.JPG
003.JPG003.JPG
004.JPG004.JPG
007.JPG007.JPG
005.JPG005.JPG
006.JPG006.JPG
008.JPG008.JPG

#590 9 years ago

They all have your name or the senders name on them. You can ask. I think 1 or 2 of the first 4 are still being worked on & are next out of the first 6. Last 3 are also getting ready for restoration.

#592 9 years ago

Finger photo ones, not shoot again.

4 months later
#614 9 years ago

I think CPR is backed up for a few years. Haven't heard any mention of new Sorcerer playfields. I have paid $50 - $ 100 for bare playfields not Sorcerer. $100 - $150 for wornout parts playfields. Factory in the postage to me around $50 - $80, & $500 US returned playfield restoration.

1 month later
#645 9 years ago

Now that I'm back from vacation. Time to get the Sorcerer playfields here for restore done this Spring.

1 year later
#958 8 years ago

There has been a number of issues going on in my life the last few years. I won't get into the details, but hang in there! Last year was a bunch of failures on clear coats from me & the contractor. So everything got restarted a bunch of times. I have overhauled my air system & gun. Now its just finding the time to get through restorations & new playfields. Star Gazer production will be almost double, & I move into Seawitch this summer.

#960 8 years ago

No worries, I have enough to get through. Hopefully CPR will do new ones.

1 month later
#1062 7 years ago

Yes I'm sorry that the printer can no longer do these. I had the final backlog going for printing. 4 Sorcerer & 4 Eight Ball Deluxe. All the rest of the restorations are getting ready for July. Had them all mounted to 1/2" MDF to try & get them through the printer. The printer then tried to weigh them down for over a week. Like I have said I'm going to reduce the price from $500 US to $400 US for overlay installed & shipped back. Or I will sell off the playfield to someone else for 400 US. I hope most will take this solution of having a overlay installed, & get their pins back into play. If your not happy sign up for CPR list & see when they go into production. I would guess it would be year(s) before they get through all the back log, or next month. I don't know what the production schedule is there. Again sorry to those that were waiting on a restored playfield using direct ink. I will post pictures when I start doing the overlays which are printed on clear film & cold laminated for protection. The same printer has done them this way for years, & Ghost Busters retheme is one of them.

IMG_0164_(resized).JPGIMG_0164_(resized).JPG

IMG_0165_(resized).JPGIMG_0165_(resized).JPG

IMG_0163_(resized).JPGIMG_0163_(resized).JPG

#1064 7 years ago

They don't need clear over them. They are cold laminated on top of the art printed. I still have to cut when finished for lane switches, etc.

#1066 7 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I don't want an overlay. I'm on the CPR list I've already waited 2+ years what's another at this point? I would however like my Playfield back. So how does this work John? You just keep my Playfield if I don't want an overlay?

This is one of the problem playfields I'm still trying to get right. It had burn through from sanding & had 2 veneers glued on top. I know your playfield has been here for a long time. This will be one of the last ones to get a overlay in July. So let me finish it & send it back. You can decide if you want to pay the $400 US, or pay me nothing. Some playfields are burned through almost when they are manufactured. If there is ink you would never know. I had this one ready & masked for spraying white. It still didn't look good enough, so I'm repairing it further.

IMG_0166_(resized).JPGIMG_0166_(resized).JPG
IMG_0167_(resized).JPGIMG_0167_(resized).JPG
IMG_0168_(resized).JPGIMG_0168_(resized).JPG
IMG_0169_(resized).JPGIMG_0169_(resized).JPG
IMG_0170_(resized).JPGIMG_0170_(resized).JPG

1 month later
#1111 7 years ago

6 Sorcerer's almost ready to go back to the owners. Unfortunately the printer will no longer direct ink them. So the final bunch here are getting overlays installed. They are printed on clear, cold laminated on top for protection. I still have to mask for white, prep them, & finish with gray to bottom.

IMG_0187_(resized).JPGIMG_0187_(resized).JPG

IMG_0188_(resized).JPGIMG_0188_(resized).JPG

IMG_0189_(resized).JPGIMG_0189_(resized).JPG

IMG_0190_(resized).JPGIMG_0190_(resized).JPG

IMG_0191_(resized).JPGIMG_0191_(resized).JPG

IMG_0192_(resized).JPGIMG_0192_(resized).JPG

#1114 7 years ago

Finished the gray for 6 ready to go back to owners, & working on the rest this August.

IMG_0193_(resized).JPGIMG_0193_(resized).JPG

IMG_0194_(resized).JPGIMG_0194_(resized).JPG

IMG_0195_(resized).JPGIMG_0195_(resized).JPG

#1122 7 years ago

Rick did call a while back when the Eight Ball Deluxe playfields I own were put up on Ebay & here. The few playfields that are still here are getting overlays installed. Once they are all finished that's it for playfield restoration by me. I will continue to focus on new backglass, & very limited new playfields. Seawitch playfields are finally starting production this month, almost 3 year wait. I wasn't expecting on double the Star Gazer production which is still winding down into the Fall.

2 months later
#1177 7 years ago

The art for Space Shuttle is here. But I need some corrections done for overlay printing. They will be late this year.

1 week later
#1206 7 years ago

Sorcerer restorations are no longer being done by me. The printer won't do any more, the few left here still are getting a overlay installed. I suggest people sign up for a new future CPR playfield. Might be a few years out for production.

1 year later
#1483 6 years ago

Mike from CPR picked up my Sorcerer playfield to order the lenses just before xmas. Don't know if its being used for cnc as a donor. When I get it back it will get the last overlay to my own playfields. With the new hardtops coming out for pinball titles, i'm only doing new playfields. Restorations with direct ink ended over a year ago, & I only have a few more overlays to install to my playfields.

I'm blowing out the last playfields with overlays that have surface issues (EBD is another). Here is a Sorcerer with overlay installed for $200 US shipped to USA. It has some surface issues top corner (paint spatter white), & some minor depressions. When installed these areas will likely not be noticed. It will be a great replacement for any worn out playfield. There is a minor warp corner to corner (left top to bottom right shooter) which will likely not be noticed when populated, & is slightly bowed up in middle (wood rails will correct this). The overlay is cold laminated on top, no further protection is needed!

IMG_0001 (resized).JPGIMG_0001 (resized).JPG

IMG_0002 (resized).JPGIMG_0002 (resized).JPG

IMG_0003 (resized).JPGIMG_0003 (resized).JPG

IMG_0004 (resized).JPGIMG_0004 (resized).JPG

#1486 6 years ago

PM received, but there is a guy ahead. Consider the playfield sold. From what I hear, CPR will be doing them in the future. I don't know a timeline.
Sold: Payment received.

2 months later
#1516 6 years ago

CPR had one of my playfields in for checking on lenses, & likely checking for cnc inputs. I'm done with direct restorations, & working on overlays for my final 2.

7 months later
#1587 5 years ago

10+ years trying to restore Sorcerer playfields. Glad the big boys want to make new ones. Was a pioneer of direct ink restorations which were extremely hard to do. The last 3 years that ended, & finished up with cold laminated overlays. I install these wet to try for best alignment. Many Sorcerer playfields are unique for lense placement. Might be a bitch for hardtop version. This might be the last one from me going to a restore in California. Is it perfect no, but very nice to any worn playfield. The only minor thing is dust in all the clear or ink. Which shows a little as a tiny bump on surface. Same as the color matching which some people are anal about. I finish by painting the back fresh gray. Overall the playfield gets 2 varethane gloss waterbourne to seal the wood, white acrylic gloss masked & sprayed, & finish 2 varethane. Enjoy the pictures.

IMG_0005 (resized).JPGIMG_0005 (resized).JPGIMG_0006 (resized).JPGIMG_0006 (resized).JPGIMG_0007 (resized).JPGIMG_0007 (resized).JPGIMG_0008 (resized).JPGIMG_0008 (resized).JPGIMG_0009 (resized).JPGIMG_0009 (resized).JPGIMG_0010 (resized).JPGIMG_0010 (resized).JPGIMG_0011 (resized).JPGIMG_0011 (resized).JPGIMG_0012 (resized).JPGIMG_0012 (resized).JPGIMG_0013 (resized).JPGIMG_0013 (resized).JPGIMG_0014 (resized).JPGIMG_0014 (resized).JPGIMG_0015 (resized).JPGIMG_0015 (resized).JPGIMG_0016 (resized).JPGIMG_0016 (resized).JPGIMG_0017 (resized).JPGIMG_0017 (resized).JPGIMG_0018 (resized).JPGIMG_0018 (resized).JPGIMG_0019 (resized).JPGIMG_0019 (resized).JPGIMG_0020 (resized).JPGIMG_0020 (resized).JPGIMG_0021 (resized).JPGIMG_0021 (resized).JPGIMG_0022 (resized).JPGIMG_0022 (resized).JPG
2 months later
#1621 5 years ago

The production war continues with the big boys. Lots of choices on same titles at the same time.

4 months later
#1664 4 years ago

Looks the same as the ones I printed for years.

#1666 4 years ago

From the pictures looks 100% to me for uv inkjet production.

4 months later
#1774 4 years ago

Having done many Sorcerer playfield restorations before CPR & Mirco did new ones. There was a wide variations on everything over this run. Once I had 5 laid out together & none were the same for lense placement. So hole placement is likely off on different ones also.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 749.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider greatwichjohn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-sorcerer-cabinet-stencils?tu=greatwichjohn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.