100_4952 (resized).JPG
100_4954 (resized).JPG
IMG_9982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4175 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4176 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6595 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider canoncitypb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1174 7 years ago

Hey guys,

I just picked up a sorcerer a couple of days ago. The ramp lock, the left sling and the drop target coil were not firing. I pulled the board and tested the transistors. I found some bad ones and some questionable soldering, so I fixed what I found. The left sling and the ramp lock are now working, but the drop target coil isn't. Does anyone know what transistor fires this coil? I will look further at the coil tomorrow. It doesn't look burned and isn't seized, but the previous owner blocked the target so they could never drop so he could play the game without them.

thanks,
aaron

1 week later
#1178 7 years ago

my coil for my drop target bank is bad on my sorcerer. it says it is a g-23-750. Marco only has sa-23-750. Will this work? I don't really know what the prefix letters stand for. I know the numbers are the size of the wire and the winds.

thanks,
aaron

#1185 7 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Go to PBresource.com

Thanks. I was hoping to avoid the extra shipping charge. It is also a hassle to try to get him during the day. His phone stays pretty busy. Does anyone know what difference the letters make?

1 week later
#1221 7 years ago

I've got my new sorcerer all cleaned up and ready to go, but the ramp kicker coil and the drop target coil aren't working. I checked the resistance on both coils and both are okay. I pulled the board and checked all of the tip122 transistors and replaced the ones that didn't read correctly. when a ball goes into the ramp trough the machine doesn't kick out another ball. when the drop targets go down, they don't reset. Does anyone have any tips of where I should check next?

thanks,

3 months later
#1310 7 years ago

I am working on bringing a sorcerer back to life. Currently the ball will not kick out of the ramp kick out hole. It looks like the switches are not working. I tested the kickout coil in test mode and it is fine. tested the switches and it looks like column 5 is completely out. Traced it back to IJ8 - 5 and tested continuity. Wire seems fine. It seems this male pin on the board traces to a small transistor, I think Q11. Could this be the issue? I'm going to test it tomorrow. drop switches are bad too, so it is something to do with the switch matrix column.

anyone have any tips?

thanks
aaron

1 week later
#1333 7 years ago
Quoted from canoncitypb:

I am working on bringing a sorcerer back to life. Currently the ball will not kick out of the ramp kick out hole. It looks like the switches are not working. I tested the kickout coil in test mode and it is fine. tested the switches and it looks like column 5 is completely out. Traced it back to IJ8 - 5 and tested continuity. Wire seems fine. It seems this male pin on the board traces to a small transistor, I think Q11. Could this be the issue? I'm going to test it tomorrow. drop switches are bad too, so it is something to do with the switch matrix column.

anyone have any tips?

I switched out Q11 and it fixed the switch matrix issues. The switches for the ramp kickout and the drop target switches are now working. The coil for the drop targets isn't working. I replaced Q50 and I replaced the coil, but still no luck. The #63 flasher lights behind the backglass are also not working. This was Q39 according to the manual, so i replaced that. Still no luck on either. Does anyone have any suggestions or have you seen similar issues?

thanks,
aaron

#1335 7 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

If you ground the tabs of those two transistors do the flashers and coil fire? If so, then you have a board issue. If it doesnt, you need to check connectors and also for voltage at the bulbs/coil. Then go from there

Thanks,

checked the voltage at the coils. That checks out. grounded the tabs and the coil fires. I'm trying to follow the schematic backwards. Is there something I should be looking for? It looks like q50 connects to q46 which connects to u57 which connects to u46 at pin 40.

thanks,
aaron

#1349 7 years ago
Quoted from canoncitypb:

Quoted from Slim64:

If you ground the tabs of those two transistors do the flashers and coil fire? If so, then you have a board issue. If it doesnt, you need to check connectors and also for voltage at the bulbs/coil. Then go from there

Thanks,

checked the voltage at the coils. That checks out. grounded the tabs and the coil fires. I'm trying to follow the schematic backwards. Is there something I should be looking for? It looks like q50 connects to q46 which connects to u57 which connects to u46 at pin 40.

thanks,
aaron

Bump.

I replaced the 2n4401 transistor at q46. Seems like it was bad, but that still didn't fix the issue. Does anyone have any ideas what I should check next?

thanks for any help

aaron

#1350 7 years ago

Also, when I replaced the coil that kicks the ball out at the end of the ramp, the kickout is too weak to kickout the ball. When i ground the transistor, it is strong enough. Any ideas?

thanks,
aaron

1 week later
#1355 7 years ago

Does anyone know a reliable person who can work on my Sorcerer board?

2 months later
#1380 6 years ago

Just got my board back from the shop. Everything works except the ramp kickout coil. It only fires slightly. If I ground it, it fires fully. Any ideas what may cause it to not fire fully in game or in test?

2 months later
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 749.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider canoncitypb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-sorcerer-cabinet-stencils?tu=canoncitypb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.