Sorcerer (resized).jpg
100_4952 (resized).JPG
100_4954 (resized).JPG
IMG_9982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4175 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4176 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6595 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Squeakman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#213 10 years ago

Aren't the Sorcerer and Grand Lizard cabs the same except color? Nice pairing Kneissl/ Trilogy, that cabinet looks bad ass. You did an awesome job with it. Sorcerer is on my wish list, have had my eyes open for one for awile now.

3 months later
#410 10 years ago

Trilogy.... Where'd you get the playfield. Its absolutely beautiful.

1 week later
#435 10 years ago

I am pretty sure Stu is working on a Sorcerer playfield, but who knows when it will get done.

2 weeks later
#442 10 years ago

John, will you actually be producing playfields or doing direct ink on old playfields like you are doing now?

1 month later
#457 10 years ago

Doesn't John Greatwich do direct ink playfields? Just ask a few of the guys in this thread, they have them.

3 months later
#496 10 years ago

I will assume that the early production Sorcerer games featured a metal colored coin door? I am seeing both metal finish and black on these games. I am about to pick up a project Sorcerer to restore that has a black coin door. Doesn't matter to me really, but curious the history of this.

1 week later
#499 10 years ago

Picked up my Sorcerer project last Saturday.! Going for a full restore on this baby. Someone painted the whole cabinet black, but everything is there. Got this for $150. I am in the process of stripping the playfield down to send to John Greatwich. Hopefully I can count on some of the experts in this post for some guidance along the way.

sorcerer1.jpgsorcerer1.jpg sorcerer2.jpgsorcerer2.jpg sorcerer3.jpgsorcerer3.jpg sorcerer4.jpgsorcerer4.jpg sorcerer5.jpgsorcerer5.jpg
#502 10 years ago

The guy I got this game from, had another nicer one and after playing his I realized this game is just as fun as I remember it as a kid. It was one of my favorites growing up. Very fast and a drain monster!

#505 10 years ago

Playfield stripped and on its way to John Greatwich! Next getting started on the cabinet teardown.

Sorcerer playfield bare.jpgSorcerer playfield bare.jpg Sorcerer playfield bare 2.jpgSorcerer playfield bare 2.jpg
#506 10 years ago

Anyone have any idea the correct legs for Sorcerer? Were they originally black or Chrome? I can't find anything that shows for sure what legs go on a system 9 game. Also, did anyone use the Stern leg protectors and the beefed up leg brackets for inside the cabinet?

#508 10 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I used stern metal protectors, and sys 11 legs. I suspect they used the older legs without the groove.

Thanks, I figured that would probably be the way to go. I noticed that a few guys have black legs on the game now. It looks good, but wondering if that is how it came factory. Its funny because I want a set of leg for my Whirlwind also and Pinball lie doesn't list Whirlwind as a compatible game for system 11 legs. I know its a system 11c game, but I would think they would require the same legs. I am now wondering what the difference between system 11 and WPC legs are.

#511 10 years ago

From what I can gather, they started the run with the Silver Coin Door and started to use the painted black ones for most of the rest of the run. Mine is black. I could be wrong on this though.

#517 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I'll be doing my first ever tear-down in a few weeks to send my Sorcerer PF to John...

I'll open up a new thread for it and document my process in great detail.

It will be my first tear-down. All suggestions welcome.

My playfield should be getting to John within a day or two an I am going to document my progress on this thread, but probably not in detail. I'm glad a couple other guys are doing this also so that we can help each other out. I have already starting accumulating parts. Gonna tear into the cabinet really soon here.

#522 10 years ago

For anyone doing a full restore on this game, I just ordered a new set of plastics for mine from PPS yesterday. Pick one up asap if you need one so you are ensured of getting a set. Never know when they may become unobtainium.

#523 10 years ago

Ok, so I am tearing down my cabinet now and am getting ready to buy a sander. I am curious, Kneissl and Trilogy what tools you used to sand the cabinet? This is my first cabinet restore and I am wavering between an air sander and electric. Are either good choices? There is a nice Rigid 6 inch orbital sander at my local home depot for around $100, but it seems there are not as many choices for 6 inch sandpaper. Is a 5 inch a better way to go?

#529 10 years ago

Thanks vid and trilogy. One more question now, What is the minimum pressure you need to run air tools? I have a compressor, but am afraid that it isn't powerful enough to do the job. Its just a 150 psi, 33 gallon tank.

#532 10 years ago

Thanks guys. I might start with an electric and do air down the road if I get more into this.

#533 10 years ago

Cabinet and backbox have been pretty much stripped. I had not really noticed how much damage this game has attained over the years until I tore it down and really started looking. Apparently someone tried to break into this game as some point as the bottom where the metal piece was was just torn up on the edges.

Backbox stripped.jpgBackbox stripped.jpg front cabinet separation.jpgfront cabinet separation.jpg under damage.jpgunder damage.jpg
#534 10 years ago

Someone spray painted the cabinet solid black and just for kicks my son and I lightly sanded a few spots just to see what we would find. I am not sure why anyone would cover up art that really probably wasn't all that bad in the first place. I am hoping this cabinet is not a lost cause as its pretty solid, but very rough and will need a huge amount of work. Hopefully with a little research I can fix it to where I don;t have any problems with it in the future.

Other side painted.jpgOther side painted.jpg Sorcerer uncovered art.jpgSorcerer uncovered art.jpg front art uncovered.jpgfront art uncovered.jpg
#536 10 years ago

Trilogy, Funny thing is nothing is soft really. The depressions that appear in some of the under cab pics aren;t soft and I am pretty sure that the legs pressed that area in. The cabinet is very solid still, but you are right on the bottom the layers are starting to separate. With all of the money I am putting into the game I do not want to have a cabinet built. I know Vid had a site that sold pre-cut cabinets but when I went there they show themselves as closed for awile. Not even sure if they make a system 9 cabinet.

#538 10 years ago

I got my plastics Monday. Mine came with Jelly Bellies!

2 weeks later
#551 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Roughly how many hours did that take you start to finish?
-mof

Mof, Just make sure you take tons of pictures, I think it took me about 5-6 hours to do top and bottom. Not all that hard to take apart, but lets see if I can get it all back together.

2 weeks later
#562 10 years ago

John, this is great news. I know my Sorcerer playfield was not the blue version, but I love that blue, looks awesome! I cannot wait to get my playfield back and into my game!

4 weeks later
#569 9 years ago
Quoted from KloggMonkey:

Does anyone have a source for the red stand up targets? I remember reading somewhere that these older stand-up are different than ones commonly available now.

I need these also if anyone knows where to get them.

3 months later
#581 9 years ago

I dig the blue, but in this color scheme I just don;t think it fits at all. Now if you were talking Funhouse or Whirlwind, then you'd have something.

5 months later
#616 9 years ago

I'll be getting my Sorcerer stencils as asoon as I get my cabinet ready. Still waiting on the PPS repro backglass. Not sure what happened to that. Was supposed to be out Dec/Jan.

1 month later
#636 9 years ago

Were these stickers put on the game from the factory or are these just an aftermarket mod?

#640 9 years ago
Quoted from Andyj965:

Now if only someone would reproduce the pop bumper caps we'd have everything needed for a full resto

As much as I would like to see this I was going to use the Britemods crystal looking pop caps. They fit the game pretty well.

6 months later
#708 8 years ago

Nice Paharoah! I want to pik this game up at some point. Cool as hell theme.

#727 8 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

This is correct.
He should also say something like "you are master" I believe

I believe he says that when you beat a high score.

2 months later
#828 8 years ago

I'll be ordering one of these very soon. Mine is flaking pretty badly. Now if John could just get my playfield done I will be set. Its been a long bumpy ride with my playfield. Someday maybe.

1 month later
#882 8 years ago

Love the stickers. I was going to use the jeweled brite cap covers on mine. Looks like they don't sell them anymore?

2 months later
#956 8 years ago

Consider yourself lucky mines been gone for about two years and a few months .

1 month later
#1060 7 years ago

What? After waiting 2 1/2 years for my resto this is what I get? I sure hope CPR does Sorcerer playfields I've had a game completely torn down for two years and an overlay just doesn't cut it for me. Disappointing.

#1065 7 years ago

I don't want an overlay. I'm on the CPR list I've already waited 2+ years what's another at this point? I would however like my Playfield back. So how does this work John? You just keep my Playfield if I don't want an overlay?

2 months later
#1153 7 years ago

I am on the interest list. I want this done. I wonder how many they have now.

1 month later
#1208 7 years ago

I am on the pre order!!! Just added myself. Yeehaa!!! Now it's time to start working on the cabinet finally.

1 week later
#1226 7 years ago

I joined the wait list for sorcerer and never got a confirmation email.

3 months later
#1312 7 years ago

You should sell those protectors. I don't know of anyone that makes them. Id buy a set for my restore.

#1326 7 years ago

im not counting on seeing a CPR sorcerer Playfield for a long time. I'm on the preorder and have no Playfield now after the direct ink fiasco. If anyone has one restored or in restorable condition I'd love to find one.

#1332 7 years ago

I don't fault John, but I waited over two years to get my Playfield. I was in the first batch. The clear got ruined and he had to start over. On the second attempt he wasn't happy with the outcome. Redid again and the printer broke. What I wouldn't give to see CPR get this done soon. It's a pretty straight forward no frills field.

1 year later
#1563 5 years ago

I got my plastics from Planetary Pinball. They look fantastic and so does their repro backglass. If CPR isn't going to do them soon I'd talk to planetary and see if they will run them? I remember that it was said that CPR did not run that batch.

1 month later
#1572 5 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

So if I'm tired of being on the wait list for a CPR Sorcerer playfield, and Mirco gets his out first................
Would I be a bad person if I bail out of my CPR preorder and buy from Mirco?
I would hate to do that, but CPR's list moves at a glacial pace. Been on the wait list for a couple of years now.

This is my dilemma also. I have been waiting for years now. Atthis point I just want a playfield. Although CPR will charge $800 for theirs and Mirco may be $1K. Not sure I want to pay that much for this title.

1 month later
#1600 5 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Hey all, if anyone's center plastic is broke and you would like a replacement (or if you would like a protector for your center plastic) please shoot me a PM. See pics here:
https://www.dropbox.com/l/scl/AAByM-E8IlAfARFDOL_VRWZ5dbTtQ5hb6F0

Why do I have to sign in or create an account to see your pics?

3 weeks later
#1625 5 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Got the email too... Seems a little fishy - no response from CPR for years, not even an acknowledgement that you're even on the list. And now Mirco announces playfields shipping in the near future and magically CPR has playfields ready to go with no prior warning or announcement. Seems really shady.

Its not shady at all. Mirco is forcing them to up their game and they did it at least with this title. I am not sure what Mirco has against them, but he seems content on destroying them. I just want a product out in a timely manner. This 2-5 year wait thing can't continue. Either way I'll opt for the Silk Screened version for mine.

#1629 5 years ago
Quoted from facelift:

If I still had my game, I'd be getting the silk screened version for sure.

Thats my plan. I'll take a silk screened playfield over the other option all day long.

8 months later
#1765 4 years ago

Maybe cpr can chime in and explain which playfield was used. As stated above it was not unusual for many different companies to make playfields and for there to be several different outcomes where things didn’t always line up correctly. From what I can tell it looks like the photos of the old playfield has both holes being covered by one plastic post. You can see the circle from wheee it was and it looks like both holes weren’t used? I’d really like to see what you end up doing because I’m about to start my restoration with NO old playfield to work with at all. Mine has been sitting taken apart for over 5 years and I never ended up getting my old playfield back because cpr was doing a reprocessing and I was o. Their list.

5 months later
#1881 4 years ago

Glad I went with a silk screened CPR playfield.

2 weeks later
#1898 4 years ago

Micro deserves to be grilled. What a bad businessman he is. Won’t give refunds, tries to run others out of business, won’t admit mistakes. It’s always someone else’s problem with him. I am hesitant to ever do business with him because of things like this. When I’m paying 1k for a playfield I expect shit to be where it’s supposed to be. I’m just glad I grabbed a screen printed cpr. Too bad I have to get it recleared or risk getting chipped inserts from it not being totally level.

3 weeks later
#1939 3 years ago

Mine doesn’t have a shim either. I’ve heard sorcerers run was split and had been updated as they went. The early run games have a steel coin door and the later black painted. They could have made other changes as they went. Not uncommon. Mine has a black coin door.

1 year later
#2184 2 years ago

I seem to remember that the Micro Sorcerer playfields are inaccurate and have flipper gap problems?

11 months later
#2278 1 year ago

I’ve been around this hobby for a LONG time and I’ve never seen a prototype sorcerer. Very cool. Snake plastics are very cool.

8 months later
#2352 4 months ago

I got my Sorcerer backglass from Planetary Pinball and it’s amazing with real mirroring.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 749.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Squeakman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-sorcerer-cabinet-stencils?tu=Squeakman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.