Sorcerer (resized).jpg
100_4952 (resized).JPG
100_4954 (resized).JPG
IMG_9982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4175 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4176 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6595 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AMBoggs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1176 7 years ago
Quoted from facelift:

Thinking of selling my Sorcerer.
It was working perfectly but the playfield was bad, so I sent it to John to restore.
It's supposed to be done anytime now. Mine is one of the last 3 that was switched from direct ink to having an overlay put on because his printer stopped direct printing playfields.
I've pretty much lost interest in putting it back together at this point.
Just wondering if there is anybody in BC Canada looking for a project? (I'm in Victoria)
Cabinet is pretty nice and back glass is mint.

I'm in sort of the same boat with my Space Shuttle. Still have some hope though.

4 months later
#1348 7 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

I'd be inclined to say the EOS switch (s) is either bad or out of adjustment. Be sure you have a 5amp SLO BLO fuse installed as well

I helped a friend with a machine that had a similar problem. The EOS mech? Tab? Whatever it is referred to as was put on upside down so it never turned off the bigger coil causing it to blow the fuse.

1 year later
#1531 5 years ago

Joined the club a couple days ago and I finally got the machine home.

Now I’ve got a short in the lower gi. I removed all the bulbs in that circuit (the purple and white). Visually inspected all the sockets. Nothing. I can’t find anything of where the short would be.

Anybody got any thoughts?

#1534 5 years ago

Always the last place you look. There was one more socket. Pulled that bulb and my “test” bulb came on at full brightness.

Replaced each one with new bulbs. Seems to be okay.

Machine is dirty, only one display works, but otherwise it’s ok. Two wear spots on the playfield. I’ve signed up for the cpr list.

DE58D34A-A6EE-445B-9304-9311BC45719B (resized).jpegDE58D34A-A6EE-445B-9304-9311BC45719B (resized).jpeg

#1535 5 years ago

Is there any difference in the prototype roms to the regular?

#1537 5 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

Every time the Sorcerer thread hits the front page, I think “Did I miss an email? Is it finally happening?!”

I was hoping with the new announcement it would come sooner, but apparently it will still be screen printed. I suppose that is a good in the long term. I just want my playfield now. (Cue Veruca Salt theme)

1 week later
#1543 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I added a fun dragon skull over the ball lock which I always thought was kind of boring. I put a red LED strip beneath it. The skull was $30 on ebay and I did have to cut alot of it away to get it to fit but its neat to have the balls eject from under his teeth when multiball starts. I also have a blacklight mounted on the head. The game does not look that purple in person but boy the camera picks up that UV.

Got the same dragon skull in today. Hope to start working on it tomorrow. I might incorporate some of the flashers to the inside, not sure yet.

Have you had any problem with it breaking? I’m afraid of the ball hitting it and causing pieces to shatter off.

2 months later
#1548 5 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

Just picked up a sorcerer.. I would
Like to put leds throughout.
Does anyone have a led bulb map? Was thinking of ordering individually instead of a kit

I just used warm white for the GI and color matched all the inserts except for the amber ones, those I used warm white.

The 1-10 on the bonus section, I used cool white. It may not be your thing though.

1 week later
#1559 5 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

Ive been looking for a entire set of plastics for almost a year now. Mine are all yellowed and shot.

CPR had requested a set to scan so they could offer them. Not sure how long that is going to take.

3 weeks later
#1565 5 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

hi all, been working on this game for a couple of months on and off
Finally got everything together tonight and the A-B-C-D lights don't turn on in game,
let me be more specific, they turn on in attract, when you lock a ball or before a ball start.
but when you roll over them they don't light up. The switches are registering though.
in multiball the "D" is lit for whatever reason but nothing else.
Figured it might be some weird setting, since I put an NVram in and reset everything to default (didn't see anything). I repined every connector in the head, replaced all the sockets, installed an OCD board, (plus a zillion other things... but I don't think they'd effect the lights). sucks, I usually check stuff after most minor alteration.
Seems like maybe some circuit logic isn't working correctly? (or it's something really obvious)
going to check more into it later, any ideas would be appreciated.

Maybe take another look at your NVram solder job. I had put it in my Pinbot, put everything back in and the machine had some really weird behavior.

Pulled the board and not all my joints were complete. Reflowed then and then it went back to normal.

2 weeks later
#1590 5 years ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

I just picked up a project Sorcerer to work on during the cold winter months.
Thought I would ask here first about parts needed, (besides a new playfield)
The game needs all digital score displays, and has some broken plastics.
If anyone has spare or old stock of these please pm me.
also are there any custom art cards made? I was not able to find any, If not i will make some up and share when done.
thanks all.

CPR had requested a plastic set to scan so they could offer it, so that may be an option soon.

Do you have bad displays or a bad board?

#1592 5 years ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

I have no displays, The previous owner took them out.
Marco sells them, but was just checking if anyone here had used ones first.

Ah, ok.

I have Xpin in my Space Shuttle and love it.

2 months later
#1609 5 years ago
Quoted from facelift:

I know I have at least 2 possibly 3 pop bumper caps in great shape.
What are they worth? Don't own the game anymore.

Given that auction on eBay, I would say $20 a piece.

7 months later
#1746 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Does anybody know of, or can make, a plastic protector for the center stand-up target bank?

yes, search this thread. Wizard_Mode was selling them for a while.

1 year later
#2102 2 years ago

Welcome to the club.

Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Is there something else too these Williams saucer lockouts that lets them work smoothly, or is the pivot piece just ruined?

Take that bracket out, dismantle it, and clean all the pieces. It should turn freely.

Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Found the battery pack had rotted right off the board. Anyone have a spare SYS9 board in case this one can’t be salvaged?

I’m surprised it’s even working with that much damage you’re describing. Chris Hibler does repairs. Kohout may eventually have a Sys 9 board.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 749.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 22.50
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AMBoggs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-sorcerer-cabinet-stencils?tu=AMBoggs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.