Sorcerer (resized).jpg
100_4952 (resized).JPG
100_4954 (resized).JPG
IMG_9982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4175 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4176 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6595 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 48.
#251 10 years ago

Great job mate

#252 10 years ago

Great job fellas! Maybe it was covered in this thread somewhere, but my Sorcerer has decals for the art on the back box... did they all originally come like that? I can't imagine that Williams would stencil the cab and then use decals for the back box.

#253 10 years ago

I doubt they came like that, but who knows. mine has the stainless coin door so it must be one of the first ones, maybe they switched to decals later in the run. can you send a closeup pic? i'd like to see. My fish tales has a screened backbox with a decal'd cabinet.

#254 10 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I doubt they came like that, but who knows. mine has the stainless coin door so it must be one of the first ones, maybe they switched to decals later in the run. can you send a closeup pic? i'd like to see. My Fish Tales has a screened backbox with a decal'd cabinet.

Yeah, I'll snap a pic tonight.

#255 10 years ago

Really great job here, nice to see good information and details on how this is done! Great resource. Awesome thread

#256 10 years ago
Quoted from OldTymeToys:

Great job fellas! Maybe it was covered in this thread somewhere, but my Sorcerer has decals for the art on the back box... did they all originally come like that? I can't imagine that Williams would stencil the cab and then use decals for the back box.

I take it back. Someone actually painted over half of the stencil and used some tape that made a very clean, curvy edge that made me think the "decal" was torn. After closer review, what looked to be a torn decal was a clean, peeling paint line. I'm excited now- hopefully I can remove the paint to reveal the original stencil!

#257 10 years ago

My lockdown reciever was in bad shape so I cleaned it up and painted it . Also painted the shooter rod knob and start button in the same color orange that's on the cabinet.

// Error: Image 110275 not found // // Error: Image 110276 not found //

#258 10 years ago

Awesome finishing touches.

#259 10 years ago

an ok condition Sorcerer backglass on feebay if anyone needs one..
ebay.com link: Vintage Pinball Machine Backglass Sorcerer

#260 10 years ago

last side on. Ended up cutting the last stencil into 6 pieces things just didn't want to align. Just gotta clean up and get it cleared.

// Error: Image 110832 not found //

#261 10 years ago

Amazing.
Great color and clarity!

Quick question for you fellow sorcerer owners.
Have any of you upgraded your speakers?
Mine are original and getting frail.
Thinking about popping in some pinball pros.
Thoughts?

http://pinballpro.net/shop/williams-system-11-games-w-4x10-speaker/

#262 10 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Ended up cutting the last stencil into 6 pieces things just didn't want to align.

Wow ! 6 pieces , The alignment came out great so it seems to have worked well for you . Can't wait to see your game finished it's going to be really nice . Clearcoat will keep it looking great for a long time .

#263 10 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Have any of you upgraded your speakers?
Mine are original and getting frail.
Thinking about popping in some pinball pros.
Thoughts?

I have not , YET . but I was thinking of getting the same . Also was going to get Pinscore displays . Yeah I've been saving up money to either buy a Metallica , or the new Star Trek (going to wait for the star trek to come out and see which I like better ) But I keep spending the little money I save on other projects .

#264 10 years ago

Here's some pics of mine taken today . Cabinet is mostly finished black pearl lockdown completes the trim package .just need to put the guts back in coin door and the eyes plastic in . Playfield needs some work yet , still haven't put drop target bank in and a few things need to be soldered yet. But yeah it's pretty much just replacing connectors and doing all that stuff to get this going , and I don't know if the board is working or not , It looks good though .

// Error: Image 110836 not found // // Error: Image 110837 not found // // Error: Image 110838 not found //

#265 10 years ago

I wouldn't hesitate to get pinballpro speakers upgrade for that beautiful machine. Almost seems like it would not be complete without it. Greg is great to work with and is very passionate about his product. You won't be disappointed. Before you install your new PP speaker upgrade, play a couple games with the old speaker cranked up. Cheat and get the bonus maxed iut and all the multipliers lit too, then listen to the bonus countdown at the end of the ball. Do the same with your new speaker. Then smile!!!

#266 10 years ago

Damn, that's another c note i gotta spend on speakers! this is my most expensive pin by a huge margin.

#267 10 years ago

In my opinion, a custom designed for your machine speaker upgrade is the most bang for your buck mod you can get. Consider for example what people spend for playfield decorations or toppers. Yes they look cool, but they rarely add any functional improvement to the game. I can tell you that every time I turn on my Firepower with a PP upgrade I notice it and it makes me smile. I wonder if people get the same long lasting enjoyment out of other aesthetic mods. I'm sure there are some that fit that description, but I bet there are also plenty that end up blending in and disappearing.

#268 10 years ago

You guys have really set the bar high for Sorcerer restorations. Great work.

#269 10 years ago

I just ordered the Pinball Pro speakers for my Sorcerer a few minutes ago.
I'll let you guys know how they sound once they arrive and I install them.
Fingers crossed.

#270 10 years ago

Congrats! You won't be disappointed.

#271 10 years ago

My ppro shipped!

#272 10 years ago

All you Pinball Ninja subscribers, today's video is how they did the Sorcerer restoration backglass that was scanned at the Zoo.

http://www.pinballninja.com/

#273 10 years ago

Sweet! Haven't checked today. On my way now.

#274 10 years ago

here's the BG Resto link since pbninja is for members only

http://bgresto.com/?p=621

anyone have an idea of what they charge? good to know someone has the art and ability to reproduce the glass.. too bad you lose the mirror.
edit:
found it
Restoration cost is generally $150 to $225 (shipping is usually about $50 additional.)

#275 10 years ago

Okay, I have a question about playing Sorcerer. Does anyone have any tips on how to hit the O target of the SORCERER spinners & targets? It's the furthest left of the six spot targets in the middle of the field, and it's been darn near impossible for me to hit on purpose; I have to hope that the ball bouncing around happens to pick it up for me. It gets frustrating when it's the only one left between me and spelling out SORCERER.

#276 10 years ago

dont really understand your prob (even if the shot is not easy), try with left flipper...

#277 10 years ago
Quoted from Finrod:

Okay, I have a question about playing Sorcerer. Does anyone have any tips on how to hit the O target of the Sorcerer spinners & targets? It's the furthest left of the six spot targets in the middle of the field, and it's been darn near impossible for me to hit on purpose; I have to hope that the ball bouncing around happens to pick it up for me. It gets frustrating when it's the only one left between me and spelling out Sorcerer.

Looking at the layout, I would think a backhand shot from the left flipper would be your best shot. The shot from the right flipper would just glance off it if it hits at all.

#278 10 years ago

Yeah, from the left flipper is where I usually try it from (right flipper the angle is too shallow to hit it at all, especially since the first R target sticks out a bit and gets in the way). But even when I do hit it, it's too soft of a hit to register. A few times I've had a soft shot through the S spinner hit it instead of going into the pop bumpers, but the S spinner shot is a hard shot to make on its own, let alone a particular way.

#279 10 years ago

well, not talking about individual skills, lets just say that some guys have probs playing with pinball X, some others with pinball Y, and ...

may be you didnt feel "sorcerer" in term of gameplay and/or trajectories (and even not talking about the slope, flippers power, rubbers, ...)

i found that pin quite easy (as my son), as best we were scoring 2 times the "round the clock" on ours, more than 20.000.000 pts

in the other way, as example, i cant master funhouse, or whirlwind (and lots of others), its always the same story with only bad games on these... why ? i dont know

#280 10 years ago

Just give up, no one has ever hit that target.

#281 10 years ago

I use the left flipper most successfully. You have to get a really good ricochet to hit it from the right flipper.

#282 10 years ago

Alright mortals.
I just finished installing the pinball pro speakers into my sorcerer.
Huge sound difference.
Still tweaking the balance between the backbox speaker and the bass from the cabinet woofer but in the few games I've played it definitely sounds much, much better than the old stock speakers.
Definitely worth the investment.
Oh, and they are very easy to install.
Normally should take about a 20-30 min.
Took me longer only because when I went on a cleaning frenzy while changing them out.

#283 10 years ago

I knew you would like it! Greg makes great stuff and he has been an audio enthusiast practically his whole life. I met him almost 20 years ago and sound has been a big part of our relationship since then. I know and trust his opinion and experience on any audio application. High end home theater, car audio, marine audio, PA sound reinforcement and now pinball audio upgrades. I doubt there is anyone more passionate about sound than him.

#284 10 years ago

I'm now thinking my whirlwind and flintstones could benefit from one of his woofers. Especially flintstones since there are some deep bass lines when launching multiball.

One question.
Any reccomendations for controlling the vibrations from the cabinet side rails?
Going to try and find the sweet spot adjusting the bass for now to minimize rattle.

#285 10 years ago

Why is it better?

#286 10 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Any reccomendations for controlling the vibrations from the cabinet side rails?

Try some fabric tape along the glass edge.

#287 10 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

Why is it better?

The deeper bass is nice because you really notice it when you achieve hold bonus on your last ball and when the ball goes through the inlanes during normal play.

Also, the backbox speak isn't a single cone but has a mid and tweeter in it as well so there's a touch more clarity in the higher pitch sounds.

Now it's true, the sounds from this game are not the most complicated but these speakers really bring them out.

I needed new speakers for mine (originals flaking apart and a bit corroded) so I had to get something and the pinball pros fit in perfectly plus with the built in adjustment on the woofer it's nice to be able to close my eyes and really balance the sound from the two speakers with subtle turns of the adjustment dial.

#288 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Try some fabric tape along the glass edge.

Good call.
I may run over to Michaels Art Supply to see what they have.
It's not a huge amount of vibrations now that I really tweaked the balance of the sound but a tighter fitting glass never hurts.
Thanks Vid.

#289 10 years ago

I may try some new speakers one day. I added an external sub to two of my machines and it made an improvement, but I haven't done the back box speakers. I might have to give the pinball pros a try.

#290 10 years ago

I've been reading forums on FF v PP v external sub woofer only -- and it sounds like the econo way to go is to start with a nice 10" stand-alone subwoofer for $25 off CL and plug it in and see if that makes things more interesting. I grabbed this Sony for $25, ($150 new in 2002) and there are three more people with ~$20 subwoofers trying to get me to come over and pick 'em up. If they work out nicely for me, I'll be in for $105 for 4 subwoofers covering 8 machines. $25 CL http://www.amazon.com/Sony-SAWM40-Home-Theater-Subwoofer/dp/B00005I9RO/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t. Will take pics after install, not that it's a pretty sight. I'll miss the storage space under each machine, but it's an experiment.
-mof

#291 10 years ago

A small line mixer could let you hook up all your machines to a single sub...

#292 10 years ago

I put a Bass Shaker and amp in my Tomcat.. that was fun.

looked something like this:
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=299-028&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=pla

#293 10 years ago

I did that to my couch for my home theater set-up until I bought a subwoofer that shook the whole house with its low frequencies. I was considering doing the same thing to my F-14. Does it work well?

I also like the idea of adding a rumble pack to a flasher circuit, if that would be possible.

#294 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

A small line mixer could let you hook up all your machines to a single sub...

Do you have a recommendation on one?

Would something like this work? http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHMX400

#295 10 years ago

Kind of going a little backwards here but here are some before restoration pics of my playfield.

P1010306.JPGP1010306.JPG P1010307.JPGP1010307.JPG P1010308.JPGP1010308.JPG

#296 10 years ago

And Backside pics of the playfield , One flipper mech was completely missing and the drop target bank was missing also.

P1010309.JPGP1010309.JPG P1010310.JPGP1010310.JPG

#297 10 years ago

wow, can't wait to see the after! that game is roached.
bass shaker on f-14 worked great. it really amped the jet noise, and at the end of the game the whole side of my house shook.

#298 10 years ago

Let me know if anyone needs any parts. I may have some extras

#299 10 years ago
Quoted from Slim2013:

Let me know if anyone needs any parts. I may have some extras

Sent you a PM.

#300 10 years ago

Appreciate all of the kind words about Pinballpro.com thank you

As far as rattle, Pinballpro.com does have anti rattle tape that holds up muuuuch better than fabric tape (and works better too!)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 749.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 22.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-sorcerer-cabinet-stencils/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.