Sorcerer (resized).jpg
100_4952 (resized).JPG
100_4954 (resized).JPG
IMG_9982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4175 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4176 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6595 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 48.
#2101 2 years ago

I heard somebody say dumbass was going to do sys 9.

With the kick out make sure it's clean and lined up nice with the coil so it moved totally freely. If it was lube you should clean it all up and go ahead and put a new sleeve in.

#2102 2 years ago

Welcome to the club.

Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Is there something else too these Williams saucer lockouts that lets them work smoothly, or is the pivot piece just ruined?

Take that bracket out, dismantle it, and clean all the pieces. It should turn freely.

Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Found the battery pack had rotted right off the board. Anyone have a spare SYS9 board in case this one can’t be salvaged?

I’m surprised it’s even working with that much damage you’re describing. Chris Hibler does repairs. Kohout may eventually have a Sys 9 board.

#2103 2 years ago

Welcome to the club

Check put this thread has a complete system 9 replacement in kit form or he will build one
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dumbass-test-and-reproduction-pcbs/page/11

#2104 2 years ago

Get after those high scores, you'll get bell and triple knock.

#2105 2 years ago

Hi I've owned this games for a few months, was covered in black soot. Almost finished with this game now, having just 1 issue. When I hit the lock ramp too hard the ball will fly off of the metal rails. Got a fix for me? Thanks! (Love the sounds on this game)

20210831_202035 (resized).jpg20210831_202035 (resized).jpg

#2106 2 years ago

Mines been hanging round with bad company. I think they are plotting at night and it's upsetting the snakes.

pin (resized).jpgpin (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#2107 2 years ago

Just picked this beauty up. After some adjustments 2 hours later factory scores are history

20210919_161337 (resized).jpg20210919_161337 (resized).jpg20210923_204925 (resized).jpg20210923_204925 (resized).jpg
#2108 2 years ago

Ha! Everyone's backglass pictures look the same, they always look mint, like mine.
Whatever technique for printing them sure has held up.

Anyway checking in, got my Sorcerer almost 3 years ago now, thanks Jay!
Such a fun and furious game, and epic sound effects.
Love mine.
I installed led pinscores, and Comet leds.
Finally got a couple decent pictures on this ratty phone.
Cheers!

Message from the Freeeek Kingdom.

20210927_151557 (resized).jpg20210927_151557 (resized).jpg20210927_151552 (resized).jpg20210927_151552 (resized).jpg20210927_153127 (resized).jpg20210927_153127 (resized).jpg
#2109 2 years ago

What do the OG bumper caps look like?
Mine have cannonballs, that can't be right?

#2110 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

What do the OG bumper caps look like?
Mine have cannonballs, that can't be right?

Those are correct, and kinda hard to find if they need to be replaced.
Not sure how they relate to the theme.

#2111 2 years ago

Yeah, they look wrong for the theme. Went back and looked at alot of other photos, everyone got those caps.
They look like cannonballs to me.

#2112 2 years ago

Same as laser ball caps.

#2113 2 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Same as laser ball caps.

Not exactly, but similar.
On Sorcerer the design is incuse (stamped in).
Its not on Laser Ball.

#2114 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Not exactly, but similar.
On Sorcerer the design is incuse (stamped in).
Its not on Laser Ball.

I see. I have a set of laser ball ones for my future restoration, i didnt look too close but didnt see a difference

#2115 2 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

I see. I have a set of laser ball ones for my future restoration, i didnt look too close but didnt see a difference

Unless you really get down and look at them, they look the same.

#2116 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Just curious, are the screws in all of yours painted orange, or is that a one off with mine. I think it is a really nice touch.

Hey glad you like the wood screws. Looks like you have a game that passed through my house for a bit. I was pretty happy with the Titan color choices I made on that one. Game plays nicely too. I try not to go overboard with those, but if a screw sits on plastic I do like to paint it black or color match it.

#2117 2 years ago

I recently picked up a Sorcerer and the plastics over the stainless in lane guides are missing. I guess these are just 1 to 1 copies of the stainless in lanes? Id like to make a set out of Lexan unless someone has a set they can spare.

Thanks

#2118 2 years ago

My Sorcerer keeps resetting sometimes and i turn it on and it will only show the game number. Turn it on again a few days later and it's all factory reset.

Any ideas?

#2119 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

My Sorcerer keeps resetting sometimes and i turn it on and it will only show the game number. Turn it on again a few days later and it's all factory reset.
Any ideas?

Have you changed the batteries? Any sign of corrosion on, around, or behind the battery holder?

#2120 2 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

Have you changed the batteries? Any sign of corrosion on, around, or behind the battery holder?

I'll have a look.

#2121 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisel:

I recently picked up a Sorcerer and the plastics over the stainless in lane guides are missing. I guess these are just 1 to 1 copies of the stainless in lanes? Id like to make a set out of Lexan unless someone has a set they can spare.
Thanks

Yes, the clear plastics over the lane guides are the same shape as the metal guides.

#2122 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Any ideas?

Showing game number is at best case dead batteries. Get them off the board right away!!!

#2123 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisel:

Showing game number is at best case dead batteries. Get them off the board right away!!!

Settle, petal. The batteries aren't on the board. I own a beautiful restored machine.

DSCF9827[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9827[1] (resized).jpg

#2124 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Settle, petal. The batteries aren't on the board. I own a beautiful restored machine.

Ok got it, you know what you're doing. Carry on.

#2125 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisel:

Ok got it, you know what you're doing. Carry on.

No idea what i'm doing, and i thank you for your help.

Hopefully the new batteries fix the issue and i can get my mate to go through the settings again and change it back to freeplay and turn attract sounds off and stuff.
Fucked if i can work out the menu on these things,.

#2126 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Ha! Everyone's backglass pictures look the same, they always look mint, like mine.
Whatever technique for printing them sure has held up.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yep. Never seen flaking on a Sorcerer backglass. Can’t say the same for the playfields. They are usually trashed.

1 month later
#2127 2 years ago

I'm now a proud owner of Sorcerer. What a fun game! Sounds are awesome too.

I bought it with a CPR repro playfield that is warped (twisted). I have weight on it now to attempt to straighten it. I will replace the existing playfield this winter with this one. If the warp doesn't completely disappear after installation, I'll try the threaded rod, angle iron method. But right now I'm just familiarizing myself with the table. First System 9 pin. Chris Hibler already went through the MPU/Driver board. But, I'm having this strange issue where the rollover lanes sometimes are not active at start of game and also during game and times. It never lasts long and then works normally. This pertains to all the roll over lanes at top of playfield. It's not switches causing this, as it happens to all of them at the same time. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

#2128 2 years ago

Batteries didn't fix my factory reset issues, any other ideas i can suggest to my mate?

Game just goes back to showing the serial number.

#2129 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Batteries didn't fix my factory reset issues, any other ideas i can suggest to my mate?
Game just goes back to showing the serial number.

With the coin door open, turn the game off and on twice.

#2130 2 years ago

Thanks, that brought the default high scores up again, do you know if i'll keep having the resets?

#2131 2 years ago

If you have a good battery, you will probably be good to go.

If you don't have a copy of the manual and schematics yet, you can download it here:

https://www.ipdb.org/files/2242/Williams_1985_Sorcerer_Instruction_Manual_with_schematics.pdf

The bookkeeping mode troubleshooting steps are on page 6.

#2132 2 years ago

I do have a manual, but don't understand how to work the buttons correctly. I'll wait and see then, thank you very much mate, love my Sorcerer to bits.

van7 (resized).jpgvan7 (resized).jpg

#2133 2 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

With the coin door open, turn the game off an on twice.

Good fix! Why did that work? Coin door open makes the settings writeable. So there was some corrupt data in there that was causing the reset? And turning it on the first time overwrote everything?

#2134 2 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

Good fix! Why did that work? Coin door open makes the settings writeable. So there was some corrupt data in there that was causing the reset? And turning it on the first time overwrote everything?

I expect it is something of the sort. The manual outlines the procedure for addressing a machine that is stuck in bookkeeping mode, but does not explain the logic of it. There may be more detail in the Williams Pinball Troubleshooting & Reference Manual for 1986.

#2135 2 years ago

My bell wasn't working. I noticed one of the screws fell off the metal arm that rings the bell. This caused the metal arm to fall sideways and not contact the bell. I had the proper screw on hand and made the repair. The switch sits inside of the arm. Strange design! Here is the proper position of arm and switch.. This is a pic from a Firepower II..
2aed3c6bdfd3de87176d91f153fd04c1fa3104e7 (resized).jpg2aed3c6bdfd3de87176d91f153fd04c1fa3104e7 (resized).jpg
It's cool that we have a ringer and knocker both!!

#2136 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

It's cool that we have a ringer and knocker both!!

I do love the bell! So satisfying to have a really good game—knocker clacks, lights are flashing, bell is ringing, sorcerer is telling me that I’m the master—it’s really the bell that I look forward to in a good game. It’s my only machine with a roll tilt and my only one with a bell, so if I’m opening a machine up to show somebody what the inside of a pinball machine looks like, Sorcerer is kind of my go-to game because the playfield wiring is relatively simple, but there are more components in the cabinet to look at.

#2137 2 years ago

Love the bell in my Williams Taxi. It used so often through the game, where Sorcerer is saved for special occasions.

How good is the bell ringing for so long when you get GC?

#2138 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Love the bell in my Williams Taxi. It used so often through the game, where Sorcerer is saved for special occasions.
How good is the bell ringing for so long when you get GC?

I never even knew Taxi had a bell. The one I play doesn't ring!
I wish the bell in my Sorcerer was even louder!

#2139 2 years ago

Taxi is used all through the game, when you get the little multiballs and stuff.

#2140 2 years ago

According to pinwiki, I have the correct 28.5" legs. But, rear levelers are at max and the front at min and still only get 5.9 degrees angle. I want a steeper angle.

#2141 2 years ago

Put sheet of wood under the back legs?

#2142 2 years ago

30.5" legs here, they sell them individually too. A couple of these in the back will do it!

Chrome - https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-5921-10

Naked - https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-5921-00

Added over 2 years ago:

All you have to do is buy the extra long leveling feet from Pinball Life. They are 4 inches rather than the normal 3 inches in length. Buy two for the rear.

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=4inch_leg_leveler_heavy_duty

2 weeks later
#2143 2 years ago

My ball gets stuck in the diverter gate on a soft plunge too often (while attempting to get the 'r' at right spinner on launch).

#2144 2 years ago

I haven't had that issue. Maybe your spring isnt original?

#2145 2 years ago

Spring was too stiff. Stretched it out and cut off the excess until it just holds gate in place. Ball no longer gets caught.

2 weeks later
#2146 2 years ago

Hey guys! Hunting for a high resolution photo from the Sorcerer translite (light turned off without reflection). Someone can do a nice highres photo for me ?

#2147 2 years ago
Quoted from Joco77:

Hey guys! Hunting for a high resolution photo from the Sorcerer translite (light turned off without reflection). Someone can do a nice highres photo for me ?

I'd be interested in one as well

3 weeks later
#2148 2 years ago

I've had my Sorcerer for a couple of months and it came with small issues that are now resolved. I am only getting the word "Master" and the Sorcerer's laugh for voice. I have a Rottendog 9211 board on it with new Sorcerer ROMs on the board. Does anyone know what I should be checking/swapping out to get more sounds?

#2149 2 years ago
Quoted from Joco77:

You mean backglass?

#2150 2 years ago

Couple Sorcerer pop bumper caps in this auction if anybody is looking for some:
ebay.com link: Pinball Pop Bumper Caps Bally Williams Other
(or maybe they're Laser Ball; not my auction)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
$ 749.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-sorcerer-cabinet-stencils/page/43?hl=smp14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.