100_4952 (resized).JPG
100_4954 (resized).JPG
IMG_9982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4175 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4176 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6595 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

There are 2,386 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 48.
#2051 3 years ago

I didn't go with pinwoofer for this title;

boss (resized).jpgboss (resized).jpg

Got two pairs pretty cheap, so i have a spare set to do another similar title in the future.

#2052 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]
Got two pairs pretty cheap, so i have a spare set to do another similar title in the future.

I mean which would work with this machine? its a system 9 right? I didn't see this specific game on pinsounds site but which one should I choose that would be ok?

#2053 3 years ago
Quoted from Fieldsweeper:

I looked on their site it shows some games but not all?
which ones did you buy? link?

Sorry. It turns out mine are actually Pinball Pro speakers (It was six years ago )

Here's a link:
https://pinballpro.net/shop/williams-system-11-games-w-4x10-speaker/

pbp (resized).pngpbp (resized).png

#2054 3 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

Sorry. It turns out mine are actually Pinball Pro speakers (It was six years ago )
Here's a link:
https://pinballpro.net/shop/williams-system-11-games-w-4x10-speaker/
[quoted image]

OH it only has one speaker in the back box haha. I guess I am only used to dmd games lol

#2055 3 years ago

The kit sounds great. It’s marked as a System 11 kit, but all three System 9 pins had this same speaker configuration.

#2056 3 years ago

I mean which would work with this machine? its a system 9 right? I didn't see this specific game on pinsounds site but which one should I choose that would be ok?

In the end you only want one 6.5 speaker for the cab woofer and one 4 x 10 speaker for the backbox. It doesn't matter if it's from a pinball company or your local stereo shop.

#2057 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

In the end you only want one 6.5 speaker for the cab woofer and one 4 x 10 speaker for the backbox. It doesn't matter if it's from a pinball company or your local stereo shop.

Lol oh ok. Fair enough

Any idea on the sorcerer setting above? In memory? I have it set to one but wtf does that do. I assume to keep it from next ball if you drain before finishing lol. But with 1 it doesn't.

#2058 3 years ago

I recently picked up a Williams Sorcerer System 9 Pinball machine. The person who gave it to me said it was not working. I have taken the MPU board out and powered it on the bench and got an error code 1. I replaced U18 with a 6116 nvram chip hoping this would fix the issue and it did not. I am currently waiting on some other parts associated with the memory protect circuit (U16, U34, U41, U43, Q52) to see if they fix the issue. Those parts should arrive on Friday for me to try out. But I am wondering if there are other tests or checks that I can be doing in the meantime. Any advice or suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Side note: I am also noticing that the relay (K1) does not engage every time I power on the board. I am not sure it is related to the error code 1, but I find it interesting and it may be a second problem.

#2059 3 years ago

I would start with leon's stuff. I'm not sure if there are different or better test roms for system 9 but it looks like you can run the mem test and chase the signals through the chain as opposed to shotgunning. I haven't done much sys9 work so perhaps there is a better way.

https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Leon_Borre_WMS_System_9_Repair

#2060 3 years ago

New member of the club here -- I just picked up a Sorcerer that is missing the canopy that covers the end of the ramp, and am not having much luck finding any leads on how to get it replaced.

Wondering if anyone has one, has measurements, knows someone who could make one, etc.

I did see this topic come up in posts #1409 and #1418 in this thread from about 3 years ago. @fanuminski, do you still have those pictures and measurements that wizard_mode shared with you back then?

Looking forward to restoring & bulletproofing this one...just got done with a Space Shuttle so want to hit the ground running while my System 9 knowledge is fresh

Thanks in advance for any leads/data anyone can provide!

#2061 3 years ago
Quoted from oliviarium:

New member of the club here -- I just picked up a Sorcerer that is missing the canopy that covers the end of the ramp, and am not having much luck finding any leads on how to get it replaced.
Wondering if anyone has one, has measurements, knows someone who could make one, etc.
I did see this topic come up in posts #1409 and #1418 in this thread from about 3 years ago. fanuminski, do you still have those pictures and measurements that wizard_mode shared with you back then?
Looking forward to restoring & bulletproofing this one...just got done with a Space Shuttle so want to hit the ground running while my System 9 knowledge is fresh
Thanks in advance for any leads/data anyone can provide!

if you mean the little chrome bracket on the right side of the ball ramp I think I have seen them.

let me see if I can find it again.

EDIT: I could not find it but I swear I saw one somewhere when looking for parts for mine. if I do end up finding it I will let you know.

#2062 3 years ago

Does anyone know where I can find a similar thing to a new hard top? I have seen overlays but anyone know a good one? preferably one that looks legit and even better to have all the cut outs.

I would do a new playfield as repro as fairly cheap for this game but fuck all that work. Also side decals/apron decals or stencils?

#2063 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]

Shoot, those are cheap, and perfect but not available here... Shipping is killing it

#2064 3 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Shoot, those are cheap, and perfect but not available here... Shipping is killing it

I just searched for speakers locally that were that size and these eventually came up. Try doing the same.

#2065 3 years ago

Does anyone know where I can find a similar thing to a new hard top? I have seen overlays but anyone know a good one? preferably one that looks legit and even better to have all the cut outs.
I would do a new playfield as repro as fairly cheap for this game but fuck all that work. Also side decals/apron decals or stencils?

I think if you are going to do an overlay properly, you are probably looking at even more time than a straight playfield swap. Keep in mind that you will need to sand off the original art, and then level all of the inserts. So, you are stripping down the whole playfield anyway. It would be better to just get a CPR repro and be done with it.

#2066 3 years ago

I am thrilled to have Sorcerer back in the lineup. I would like thank John Greatwich for his expert work on the playfield and huge shoutout and thanks to Stangbat for swapping it out. It looks killer and plays so sweet. Love those 80's Williams sounds.

Sorcerer (resized).jpgSorcerer (resized).jpgSorcerer 2 (resized).jpgSorcerer 2 (resized).jpgSorcerer 3 (resized).jpgSorcerer 3 (resized).jpg
#2067 3 years ago

You can buy decals for the targets, just did mine a few months back. Looks the goods.

#2068 3 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

I think if you are going to do an overlay properly, you are probably looking at even more time than a straight playfield swap. Keep in mind that you will need to sand off the original art, and then level all of the inserts. So, you are stripping down the whole playfield anyway. It would be better to just get a CPR repro and be done with it.

Mostly just the top end. Prob would not need to unstapled all the wires and unsolder all the leads that are physically attached to the playfield it looks like. There are some things soldered directly to the playfield?

#2069 3 years ago
Quoted from supermoot:

I would start with leon's stuff. I'm not sure if there are different or better test roms for system 9 but it looks like you can run the mem test and chase the signals through the chain as opposed to shotgunning. I haven't done much sys9 work so perhaps there is a better way.
https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Leon_Borre_WMS_System_9_Repair

Thanks for the information. I am now running a test ROM similar to Leon's that is supposed to be more thorough. I think I am narrowing it down. After finding issues with the reset circuitry I am now getting garbage on the 7-segment display on the MPU. Wondering if there is an issue with the display driver chip, but have to wait a few days for the part to arrive.

#2070 3 years ago
Quoted from kmarrocco:

Thanks for the information. I am now running a test ROM similar to Leon's that is supposed to be more thorough. I think I am narrowing it down. After finding issues with the reset circuitry I am now getting garbage on the 7-segment display on the MPU. Wondering if there is an issue with the display driver chip, but have to wait a few days for the part to arrive.

The replacement part arrived (U8) and I put it in and now I am getting valid data on the seven segment display. I am getting the wonderful "0" meaning everything is booting properly. I still need to get a few power resistors for 3 of the light driving circuits, but am able to put the MPU board back in the cabinet and play. The remaining list of items to resolve is getting shorter, so this is progress.

Next issue is that the sound and speech seems to only work at the initial power on. I noticed that when I turn the cabinet on and hit start, it says "Sorcerer" and then as I play it plays a few sounds and then the sound stops. When I press SW2 on the MPU board for the sound test it makes some noise briefly but sounds kind of garbled and then stops. I have also tried the diagnostic test through the cabinet menu and it seems to play some sounds but perhaps not all of them (I don't know what a known good test sounds like). It is playing no sound on "00", playing sounds on "01" through "04", says "Feel" on "05", and there are no sounds on "06" and "07". Any diagnostic tests recommended or common problems that may solve this one?

Lastly, the player 4 display (7 digit) is shot....wondering if anyone has a good source for just the one display or has an extra they would like to sell. I may just leave it as is because they are quite expensive on ebay.

#2071 3 years ago

Evening everyone,
I'm having a weird display issue and hpoing someone has seen or knows where to look to correct.
the original displays have always been flaky and i just thought it was the master control board having issues and basically left it alone with plans to move to led replacements when other projects got completed Well i finally got the chance to upgrade to LED and found the issue waset in the master display board or at least not all of iT . After switching MCB and displays i found that i was missing the units display on player 1 and 3 with a little searching and solder reflow issue resolved. now the wierd part after about 8 to 10 minutes all the displays start to loose digits and flicker sporadically. If i power off and let it sit for a while it returns to full working status for another 8 to 10 minutes . Occasionally the displays will return to fully working during a game but sportingly go out again. This cycle repeats continually. I have checked the voltages and the only one that might be suspect is the 5v at 4.98v under load. I have replaced the PIA no change. Could this be a U9 "74154" Issue or a bad cap on the MPU or something else ?

Thanks

#2072 3 years ago

Have you given your connectors the wiggle test to see if they're flaky?

#2073 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Have you given your connectors the wiggle test to see if they're flaky?

Yep all good there.

#2074 3 years ago

I just replaced U12 on my sorcerer pinball machine to fix my sound issues....when I put the board back in the sound works great, but when I hit start the ball doesn't eject into the shooter lane and it starts counting up in points. Not sure if the fix I did is really related to my issue, but any ideas? Could something be stuck in the playfield?

2 weeks later
#2075 3 years ago

Hi fellow Sorcerer's

After many years of faithful service I finally got around to fitting a remote battery holder to my game so factory settings were restored but I now cannot get it to start a game. I have set setting 18 to 00 but is there anything else that needs to be set to anything specific, what am I missing?

#2076 3 years ago

Maybe try:

Changing Function 23 to 0.

Start button connections.

#2077 3 years ago

Thank you for your reply, I did this and it made no difference but made me look a bit deeper only to discover fuse F2 had blown (no idea if it was related to my remote battery pack). I had assumed it was something I had done, just shows it pays to check the basics!

3 weeks later
#2078 3 years ago

Hi All, new member here, well was on Pinside way back but life took a change.
Anyway, I have a Williams Sorceror, YAY! Awesome pin, but am keen to put original pop bumper caps on.
I have read fellas have removed theirs so am wondering if anyone might have any, even one to start with, that they may be willing to sell me and post to Australia.
Cheers,
Rick.

#2079 3 years ago
Quoted from Rikoshay:

Hi All, new member here, well was on Pinside way back but life took a change.
Anyway, I have a Williams Sorceror, YAY! Awesome pin, but am keen to put original pop bumper caps on.
I have read fellas have removed theirs so am wondering if anyone might have any, even one to start with, that they may be willing to sell me and post to Australia.
Cheers,
Rick.

Welcome back! Sorcerer is a great game. Those pop bumper caps are pretty scarce, though. Good luck with your search.

1 week later
#2080 3 years ago

just listed one for sale. Did a lot too it. only thing I think would be an improvement would be a fresh printed overlay or a new cab/reworded cab. has LED's all new pinscore displays, new plastics all replaced. overall great working condition. cab has wear though (pics).

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/109640

1 week later
#2081 3 years ago

just listed one for sale. Did a lot too it. only thing I think would be an improvement would be a fresh printed overlay or a new cab/reworded cab. has LED's all new pinscore displays, new plastics all replaced. overall great working condition. cab has wear though (pics).
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/109640

lowered the price

#2082 3 years ago

Looking for pop bumper caps. I know they are hard to find, but if anyone has a set of nos ones, i would buy. Im doing a full restoration soon so looking for nos parts

#2083 3 years ago

My Sorcerer is missing the cover for the transformers in the cabinet.

i have the bracket on the transformer mounting board, and what looks like 2 pin holes in the rear of the cabinet panel.

i've been through all the posts in this thread, and have seen pics of the cover, but am unable to see how and where it was originally attached.

might someone upload some pics showing this cover in detail please?

IMG_2578 (resized).JPGIMG_2578 (resized).JPG
2 months later
#2084 2 years ago

Has anyone purchased a recent batch of the mirco pf? I want to know if the flipper return guide holes ( left I believe) have been corrected .
Thanks

#2085 2 years ago

I'm highly skeptical that there's a "recent batch" with corrections instead of him running like 100 or so at once in the initial. I'd check with him direct though.

#2086 2 years ago
Quoted from Rikoshay:

My Sorcerer is missing the cover for the transformers in the cabinet.
i have the bracket on the transformer mounting board, and what looks like 2 pin holes in the rear of the cabinet panel.
i've been through all the posts in this thread, and have seen pics of the cover, but am unable to see how and where it was originally attached.
might someone upload some pics showing this cover in detail please?[quoted image]

The left side and back are bent, and screwed to the cabinet. The right front is supported on that bracket that's still in place on yours.

20210502_181019 (resized).jpg20210502_181019 (resized).jpg
#2087 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I'm highly skeptical that there's a "recent batch" with corrections instead of him running like 100 or so at once in the initial. I'd check with him direct though.

I did ask him, and he said he thought yes, but he couldn’t say for sure. So that was why I threw it out here. Thanks

#2088 2 years ago

If he says he thinks yes that means no. He wants you to buy one and not leave you the ability to complain or try to get a return. If he wanted to he could just go look at one, it's plain to see to the naked eye. Do not take anything he says at face value.

1 month later
#2089 2 years ago

If anyone needs a system 9 MPU board for their Sorcerer, I have a couple for sale.

Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “I am going to be listing a bunch of boards for sale in the next few days. So check my other listings for more items. Up for sale: Williams System 9 MPU board. This board was teste...”
2021-06-13
Bakersfield, CA
Archived after: 1 day
Viewed: 47 times
Contributed to Pinside

Parts - For Sale
System 9 MPU #2 Archived
Used, good condition - “I am going to be listing a bunch of boards for sale in the next few days. So check my other listings for more items. Up for sale: Williams System 9 MPU board. This board had damag...”
2021-06-13
Bakersfield, CA
Archived after: 4 days
Viewed: 102 times
Contributed to Pinside

1 month later
#2090 2 years ago

I have been dreaming about buying my first pin for about 10 years now and FINALLY made it happen with what may be my least-regretted purchase of all time; a 1985 System 9 Williams Sorcerer! I had a very good interaction with the seller (shoutout to Ken from Northeast Pinball) and grabbed the game in what I would call 'good' player's condition for $2k. Everything worked out of the gate and I played it for a solid 3 weeks with little sleep before pulling the flipper assemblies and forcing myself into a restore. I am absolutely in love with the game.

Why did I pull it off my basement floor instead of leaving it be?

1). I want to outfit the machine with new rubbers, posts, bulbs (LEDs and incandescent flashers), cliffy return guides (the right stock guide on this game causes a hop) etc.. I also want to rebuild the flippers, re-sticker the targets, install new flipper buttons / switches /etc. At this point, it almost makes sense to install all new pops and slings, so I figure I should do that as well. At this point, we're pulling the game.

2.) I may seem like I know what I'm talking about, but I really do not. I am BRAND NEW at the nuts and bolts of this hobby and have been diving in (thanks primarily to Pinside) for about 2 months now to learn as much as possible. I realize I could sit idly and play the game as is, but I truly want to get my hands dirty and learn how to work on pins. This will not be my last machine.

3.) I anticipate there are maybe 500 or so Sorcerers left in the wild and would like to know with confidence that mine is one of the nicest. (NOTE: I am not interested in a 100% true to original restore and instead would like to inject some ((TASTEFUL)) personality/updates into the game).

4.) IMPORTANT: I don't have time to be constantly playing pinball right now

So! That is all a long way of saying that I am ready to do a deep dive with this and am very much in need of your collective help. I am giving myself an arbitrary deadline of 60 days or so to do the work and am in no rush; it's important to me that I do this right and learn as much as possible as I go along. I also don't want to get electrocuted.

Here's a rough sketch of what I'm planning to do after I build Skypilots' rotisserie this weekend:

- [ ] Strip playfield top
- [ ] Remove flipper / pop / sling assemblies
- [ ] Remove / Paint Side rails
- [ ] Clean hardware & plastics
- [ ] Clean playfield (Nova / ISO)
- [ ] Check playfield for issues (note/repair)
- [ ] Wax playfield
- [ ] Install new posts & rubbers
- [ ] Install new LED & bulbs
- [ ] Install new cliffy rails
- [ ] Replace hardware & plastics (including shooter rod & assembly)
- [ ] Cut/install mirror blades
- [ ] Clean cabinet inside
- [ ] Replace cabinet switches / buttons
- [ ] Repair / touch-up cabinet wood (veneer interior base ((note: I have a ton of leftover veneer from a project and the interior of the cab is a bit stained...thoughts?)))
- [ ] Replace side rails
- [ ] REPLACE/RE-SOLDIER FLIPPERS / POPS / SLINGS
- [ ] Install mods (pin stadium, underneath light, backbox light, speaker kit)

Again, this is just a rough outline of what I feel I need to do to get the game to where I want it to be, and it doesn't really even involve any playfield touch-up work; I really don't know if that's something that I should be taking on quite yet. That said, does it make no sense to go this far and leave out a total touch-up/clearcoat job? I wish I could afford a CPR playfield right now, but I have already sunk way too much money into this game (I have 99% of the materials listed above on-hand and ready to go, including the mod kits).

I have attached a handful of pics for reference. My questions are as follows:

A) How does this look in terms of a list of priorities? What, if anything, am I leaving out?
B) What is the "order of operations" for doing this work? IE: are there things that MUST be done first or last, etc.?
C) What steps can I take in order to ensure that I make no costly/foolish mistakes? I plan on taking photos before/during/after every move. What else?
D) I am brand new to electrical work in general and soldering. What can I do to prepare myself from a learning standpoint to succeed here?
E) Is there anything that I absolutely cannot do at home with a rotisserie and the right tools?
F) Any last comments/thoughts/input? Want to come to Maine and help with this????
--
Erik

119680DF-A7B8-4437-874B-705B8B1C6E0C (resized).jpeg119680DF-A7B8-4437-874B-705B8B1C6E0C (resized).jpeg2F182905-BAD1-42C3-B6B5-6438E85B29C6 (resized).jpeg2F182905-BAD1-42C3-B6B5-6438E85B29C6 (resized).jpeg59FD12D0-C9C7-4A83-B0EB-9174030494AC (resized).jpeg59FD12D0-C9C7-4A83-B0EB-9174030494AC (resized).jpeg7D5F5BF9-63C7-48DE-BF21-283FCC4DEB58 (resized).jpeg7D5F5BF9-63C7-48DE-BF21-283FCC4DEB58 (resized).jpeg82249EFB-CB3E-45D6-97E4-C14A3219DD23 (resized).jpeg82249EFB-CB3E-45D6-97E4-C14A3219DD23 (resized).jpeg8A3BF090-C493-4A06-ACAE-10FDC94523E8 (resized).jpeg8A3BF090-C493-4A06-ACAE-10FDC94523E8 (resized).jpegB89FE89D-E535-4C82-9AED-C803C9EC6FFF (resized).jpegB89FE89D-E535-4C82-9AED-C803C9EC6FFF (resized).jpegBE224C67-85CE-421E-97C3-F18A76937AB6 (resized).jpegBE224C67-85CE-421E-97C3-F18A76937AB6 (resized).jpegE325E75F-F0F9-4695-9C17-FAAAAED53DD5 (resized).jpegE325E75F-F0F9-4695-9C17-FAAAAED53DD5 (resized).jpeg
#2091 2 years ago
Quoted from Thoughtfulsardin:

I have been dreaming about buying my first pin for about 10 years now and FINALLY made it happen with what may be my least-regretted purchase of all time; a 1985 System 9 Williams Sorcerer! I had a very good interaction with the seller (shoutout to Ken from Northeast Pinball) and grabbed the game in what I would call 'good' player's condition for $2k. Everything worked out of the gate and I played it for a solid 3 weeks with little sleep before pulling the flipper assemblies and forcing myself into a restore. I am absolutely in love with the game.
Why did I pull it off my basement floor instead of leaving it be?
1). I want to outfit the machine with new rubbers, posts, bulbs (LEDs and incandescent flashers), cliffy return guides (the right stock guide on this game causes a hop) etc.. I also want to rebuild the flippers, re-sticker the targets, install new flipper buttons / switches /etc. At this point, it almost makes sense to install all new pops and slings, so I figure I should do that as well. At this point, we're pulling the game.
2.) I may seem like I know what I'm talking about, but I really do not. I am BRAND NEW at the nuts and bolts of this hobby and have been diving in (thanks primarily to Pinside) for about 2 months now to learn as much as possible. I realize I could sit idly and play the game as is, but I truly want to get my hands dirty and learn how to work on pins. This will not be my last machine.
3.) I anticipate there are maybe 500 or so Sorcerers left in the wild and would like to know with confidence that mine is one of the nicest. (NOTE: I am not interested in a 100% true to original restore and instead would like to inject some ((TASTEFUL)) personality/updates into the game).
4.) IMPORTANT: I don't have time to be constantly playing pinball right now
So! That is all a long way of saying that I am ready to do a deep dive with this and am very much in need of your collective help. I am giving myself an arbitrary deadline of 60 days or so to do the work and am in no rush; it's important to me that I do this right and learn as much as possible as I go along. I also don't want to get electrocuted.
Here's a rough sketch of what I'm planning to do after I build Skypilots' rotisserie this weekend:
- [ ] Strip playfield top
- [ ] Remove flipper / pop / sling assemblies
- [ ] Remove / Paint Side rails
- [ ] Clean hardware & plastics
- [ ] Clean playfield (Nova / ISO)
- [ ] Check playfield for issues (note/repair)
- [ ] Wax playfield
- [ ] Install new posts & rubbers
- [ ] Install new LED & bulbs
- [ ] Install new cliffy rails
- [ ] Replace hardware & plastics (including shooter rod & assembly)
- [ ] Cut/install mirror blades
- [ ] Clean cabinet inside
- [ ] Replace cabinet switches / buttons
- [ ] Repair / touch-up cabinet wood (veneer interior base ((note: I have a ton of leftover veneer from a project and the interior of the cab is a bit stained...thoughts?)))
- [ ] Replace side rails
- [ ] REPLACE/RE-SOLDIER FLIPPERS / POPS / SLINGS
- [ ] Install mods (pin stadium, underneath light, backbox light, speaker kit)
Again, this is just a rough outline of what I feel I need to do to get the game to where I want it to be, and it doesn't really even involve any playfield touch-up work; I really don't know if that's something that I should be taking on quite yet. That said, does it make no sense to go this far and leave out a total touch-up/clearcoat job? I wish I could afford a CPR playfield right now, but I have already sunk way too much money into this game (I have 99% of the materials listed above on-hand and ready to go, including the mod kits).
I have attached a handful of pics for reference. My questions are as follows:
A) How does this look in terms of a list of priorities? What, if anything, am I leaving out?
B) What is the "order of operations" for doing this work? IE: are there things that MUST be done first or last, etc.?
C) What steps can I take in order to ensure that I make no costly/foolish mistakes? I plan on taking photos before/during/after every move. What else?
D) I am brand new to electrical work in general and soldering. What can I do to prepare myself from a learning standpoint to succeed here?
E) Is there anything that I absolutely cannot do at home with a rotisserie and the right tools?
F) Any last comments/thoughts/input? Want to come to Maine and help with this????
--
Erik
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome!
Any maybe before anyone else answers in this thread, this he has a thread started about this here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/please-help-a-total-newbie-me-restore-a-1985-williams-sorcerer-

#2092 2 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Welcome!
Any maybe before anyone else answers in this thread, this he has a thread started about this here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/please-help-a-total-newbie-me-restore-a-1985-williams-sorcerer-

Yes! Thank you; I forgot to mention this has its own dedicated thread, so feel free to post there instead of here.
--
Erik

#2093 2 years ago

Picked up a beautiful clear coated example of this in a trade for my Black Knight at pinfest. Loving the game so far. All that is missing to make it perfect is an unbroken upper right plastic piece. If you have an extra one laying around I am offering $50 inclusive of shipping to mail it to me in Crofton Maryland, 21114. Thanks!

20210808_140112 (resized).jpg20210808_140112 (resized).jpg
#2094 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Picked up a beautiful clear coated example of this in a trade for my Black Knight at pinfest. Loving the game so far. All that is missing to make it perfect is an unbroken upper right plastic piece. If you have an extra one laying around I am offering $50 inclusive of shipping to mail it to me in Crofton Maryland, 21114. Thanks!
[quoted image]

I have a new set for a restoration, ill check my old one tonight and see if its broken

#2095 2 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

I have a new set for a restoration, ill check my old one tonight and see if its broken

Just checked, my original is cracked, sorry

#2096 2 years ago

Looks beautiful! Like yours, the one I just grabbed also has the original pop caps; not a single crack either.

#2097 2 years ago

Just curious, are the screws in all of yours painted orange, or is that a one off with mine. I think it is a really nice touch.

#2098 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Just curious, are the screws in all of yours painted orange, or is that a one off with mine. I think it is a really nice touch.

Haven't seen this on any of the ones I've played but I may have to steal this idea when I get to doing a playfield swap....

2 weeks later
#2099 2 years ago

New member of the club!
Got my sorcerer mostly playing, but the lock kickout is too weak to eject the ball. Somebody greased the damn thing!

Cleaned it all off but the small metal pivot bracket seems to still be binding, and the metal is stained black. Is there something else too these Williams saucer lockouts that lets them work smoothly, or is the pivot piece just ruined?

My game is a beater, but idc, the GF is in love with it, which is the most important part

Game has no sound and had severe acid damage. Found the battery pack had rotted right off the board. Anyone have a spare SYS9 board in case this one can’t be salvaged?

This is my first Williams believe it or not, things are very different from what I’m used too. Any “MUST DO” suggestions for this and other Williams of this vintage?
CEB97A98-4E7A-40AE-8752-E745EEAFC3B4.jpegCEB97A98-4E7A-40AE-8752-E745EEAFC3B4.jpeg

9CF98DE0-57E4-46FD-A09D-617B7D060A5C (resized).jpeg9CF98DE0-57E4-46FD-A09D-617B7D060A5C (resized).jpeg

#2100 2 years ago

Heard the bell the first time today after re leveling the pin. What a fun game!

20210829_064833 (resized).jpg20210829_064833 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 749.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
There are 2,386 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-sorcerer-cabinet-stencils/page/42?hl=nihonmasa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.