100_4952 (resized).JPG
100_4954 (resized).JPG
IMG_9982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4175 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4176 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6595 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

There are 2,386 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 48.
#1951 3 years ago

Finally finished a few days ago. Plays like a dream with cliffies installed and new holes drilled for them.

Looks great, Glad to see you got all the kinks worked out
Finally got my swap mostly completed still awaiting the new flipper leaf switches and a replacement hex inverter for the displays but looks pretty good so far in attract
20200518_102213 (resized).jpg20200518_102213 (resized).jpg

#1952 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Finally finished a few days ago. Plays like a dream with cliffies installed and new holes drilled for them. No hop at all. It almost seems like cheating compared to my original in how much easier the lock ramp and spinner shots are. Can anybody with an original playfield measure the size of their outlanes? In the mirco the left is a bit larger than the right. I had the choice of either match the artwork or move everything on the left side of the PF .2" or so to the right. I decided to live with it and if it's a drain monster I can move the adjustable outlane post down to the bottom. So far it seems fair but every time I get a left drain I cringe.
Titan whites. All comet leds, warm 2smd GI, non ghosting 1smd color matched inserts. I worked really hard on metal polishing. The clear pop bodies and skirts are pretty swanky looking and really brighten up the playfield with the 2-way comet pop lamps. I wish they extended the artwork underneath!! They would look really amazing on a game that did so. As usual the photos don't really capture the lighting effect very well. Only things left to do are get a little bit better lineup on the "orcere" targets and see if I can get a little more oomph out of my trough and multiball kickouts. About 1/10 times they need a 2nd try to eject a ball. Not that big a deal but one of those "I know it's there" things. They all have new sleeves and squeaky clean / deburred plungers so it's probably an alignment issue.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks fantastic! Great job!

#1953 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Finally finished a few days ago. Plays like a dream with cliffies installed and new holes drilled for them. No hop at all. It almost seems like cheating compared to my original in how much easier the lock ramp and spinner shots are. Can anybody with an original playfield measure the size of their outlanes? In the mirco the left is a bit larger than the right. I had the choice of either match the artwork or move everything on the left side of the PF .2" or so to the right. I decided to live with it and if it's a drain monster I can move the adjustable outlane post down to the bottom. So far it seems fair but every time I get a left drain I cringe.
Titan whites. All comet leds, warm 2smd GI, non ghosting 1smd color matched inserts. I worked really hard on metal polishing. The clear pop bodies and skirts are pretty swanky looking and really brighten up the playfield with the 2-way comet pop lamps. I wish they extended the artwork underneath!! They would look really amazing on a game that did so. As usual the photos don't really capture the lighting effect very well. Only things left to do are get a little bit better lineup on the "orcere" targets and see if I can get a little more oomph out of my trough and multiball kickouts. About 1/10 times they need a 2nd try to eject a ball. Not that big a deal but one of those "I know it's there" things. They all have new sleeves and squeaky clean / deburred plungers so it's probably an alignment issue.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great, Glad to see you got all the kinks worked out
Finally got my swap mostly completed still awaiting the new flipper leaf switches and a replacement hex inverter for the displays but looks pretty good so far in attract

Here's a short clip

20200518_102213 (resized).jpg20200518_102213 (resized).jpg

#1954 3 years ago

I placed a help wanted post in the Tech forum yesterday and hoping maybe some from the group can chime in?

I picked up a Sorcerer about a month ago and could use help tracking down a problem.

During play the displays will completely shut off (GI lights remain on) and the entire game becomes unresponsive. When I remove the back glass there is a Zero on the MPU but game will not restart correctly. After turning off and on there is now a 7 on the MPU. Once I hit both resets on the board the MPU shows a 5. After turning off and on again the game will play fine until it happens again.

This seems to happen randomly. I've had the game simply on next to me while working on another and it's frozen. I've been in the middle of a good game waiting to shoot a ball and it's frozen. Doesn't seem to be driven by a loose connection or movement on the machine.

The boards were serviced before I purchased the machine. I've reseated connectors. I've replaced the U19 Game Rom. If the Boards are good what could be causing this problem?

Appreciate any help or direction you can provide.

#1955 3 years ago

Start with power & check your fuse holders would be my recommendation. At work now but have you looked up the number codes you have showing up?

#1956 3 years ago

Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 1.53.48 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-05-23 at 1.53.48 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 1.55.46 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-05-23 at 1.55.46 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 1.55.58 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-05-23 at 1.55.58 PM (resized).png

#1957 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Start with power & check your fuse holders would be my recommendation. At work now but have you looked up the number codes you have showing up?

Thanks for hopping in here.

I've looked at both codes that come up the 7 and 5. Seven comes up on start up which states CPU-board lock up or PIA U5 faulty (what is PIA U5?). I had a 4 pop up last week which causd me to order new roms and replace U19. Can someone elaborate on the #5 indication- Blanking signal stuck, coin door closed, memory-protect circuit faulty...

zombywoof

Thanks for that information. Will start going through the steps when I return home this afternoon.

#1958 3 years ago

After resetting the mpu always return to 5. U18 ram faulty is one of the symptoms for 5. I've attached a picture of my u18. Is this something worth pursuing or replacing?

Also attached picture of a burnt looking 1J7. Not sure if this was pre-existing or what effect that may have.

Can you point me or attach a picture of the test points you reference?

20200523_152903 (resized).jpg20200523_152903 (resized).jpg20200523_152909 (resized).jpg20200523_152909 (resized).jpg
#1959 3 years ago

You wouldn't be able to tell by looking at it. I would definitely at least re seat it and make sure it's fully inserted all the way around.

#1960 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

You wouldn't be able to tell by looking at it. I would definitely at least re seat it and make sure it's fully inserted all the way around.

Chalkey,

I reseated u18. Same symptoms. boots up on a seven, resets to a 5, then becomes playable.

#1961 3 years ago

Found this thread from years ago it might offer some help .

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-9-cpu-showing-7-in-led

#1962 3 years ago

I'll check it out, thanks!

#1963 3 years ago

I may have a line on a solid player's Sorcerer...has some PF wear...
What do I need to look for?

#1964 3 years ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

What do I need to look for?

The System 9 mpu is pretty rare. I’d start there. Make sure there is no battery puke, burnt connectors, crappy repairs, the usual. I don’t have first hand experience with the repros, but reports suggest they are not great.

#1965 3 years ago

So last year at a show in Chicago someone added a shaker motor to Space Shuttle and said that it integrated with the machine nicely...has anyone done the same for Sorcerer?

Also, what's the deal with playfields...is there a hard top?

What about plastics? Glass?

#1966 3 years ago

No hardtop. CPR has silver and bronze playfields and plastics both on sale right now.

#1967 3 years ago

The CPR gold playfield I got looks great, skin tones are darker than original (see photos in this thread) but overall I’m pleased. Haven’t installed yet so I can’t speak to hole alignment. Mirco also has digital print playfields, sounds like there may be some hole alignment issues based on reports in this thread.

Planetary Pinball reprinted the backglass and they’re still in stock: http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-31-1316-532&Category_Code=GS-2242

1 week later
#1968 3 years ago

Hi,

I could realy use help with some picture on how the cables to the standuptargets (ORSERE)should be connected.

Mine dont wont to work as thay should after shopping...

#1969 3 years ago

Has anyone replaced the speaker in their machine? Trying to source the two pieces of trim for the speaker panel and having no luck 9specially not in Australia) and thought while i have the panel out i'll retrim the cloth and upgrade the seaker.

Interested in what speakers people have put in.

#1970 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Interested in what speakers people have put in.

I put the Pinball Pro set in my Sorcerer. A little pricey, but the difference from OEM is amazing. High dB, rumbling, 80s goodness! “You are done, mortal!”

#1971 3 years ago

Thanks, i'm on the other side of the world unfortunately.

#1972 3 years ago

Miss My Sorcerer R.I.P. it was a victim of a trade. Sorcerer $2000 Old Chicago $1000 Gorgar $1500 + 1000 cash for Jurassic Park Pro....good trade or not?

e02f01f4cc1c3d735daf26befca0bde940d09efa (resized).jpge02f01f4cc1c3d735daf26befca0bde940d09efa (resized).jpg
#1973 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

other side of the world

Yeah, sorry about that. I wasn’t paying attention. Maybe look at local car stereo suppliers for the correct impedance and size?

#1974 3 years ago

No option sorcerer fans?

#1975 3 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

Yeah, sorry about that. I wasn’t paying attention. Maybe look at local car stereo suppliers for the correct impedance and size?

Thanks, i didn't realise about the impedance and bought a pair of Bose from Ebay. They are 4 ohm, is that the correct choice? I'll have a look at the cab speaker over the weekend.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/183045742771

#1976 3 years ago

My Pinball Pro speakers aren't marked with the specs. I'm sure Greg with PP could tell you what you need to know. He's on Pinside as OVFDFIREMAN.

#1977 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

No option sorcerer fans?

5500 for any stern pro is too much imo. If used that is.

#1978 3 years ago

All depends on the condition of your other games but the valuations are very high for non-restored IMO. I'd say you stole it for about $4100.

#1979 3 years ago

I assumed those amounts are what he paid for the games he’s trading in.

#1980 3 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

My Pinball Pro speakers aren't marked with the specs. I'm sure Greg with PP could tell you what you need to know. He's on Pinside as OVFDFIREMAN.

Thanks but i couldn't do that as i'm not buying from him. I think i can check it with a multimeter if i use the impedance setting, i'll have a google about it as i can't use one properly.

#1981 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Sorcerer $2000 Old Chicago $1000 Gorgar $1500 + 1000 cash for Jurassic Park Pro....good trade or not?

Quoted from Chalkey:

All depends on the condition of your other games but the valuations are very high for non-restored IMO. I'd say you stole it for about $4100.

With replacement playfields and backglasses readily available now, my sense is that average condition Sorcerers with the usual (i.e. significant) playfield wear are going for ~$1500. No idea about Old Chicago or Gorgar pricing though.

#1982 3 years ago

The deal went through for a NIB $5700 JP. Cointaker, look like the price has jumped a bit in such short time. Yep got $2000 for Sorcerer...

#1983 3 years ago

Found a seven year old thread here (should have known) that was related to HS and sys 11 but i think it's the same. 4 ohm 6.5" if anyone's looking and these are apparently a good fit for the cab speaker;

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/173130666612

HopeSoCauseIBoughtThemPunkin

#1984 3 years ago

I just put up some sorcerer goodies on the marketplace (harness, mechs, plastics, etc)

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/97553

#1985 3 years ago

Wondering if anyone can help out- I recently got a Sorcerer but today it would not start a game. I noticed these 3 wires taped together by the coin door, can anyone tell me if these are supposed to be connected?

I went into the switch test and the only odd thing I see is the right sling will function, but does not display the switch number or make a noise during the test. Ball trough and start button switches seem fine.

IMG_20200619_142722136 (resized).jpgIMG_20200619_142722136 (resized).jpg

#1986 3 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Wondering if anyone can help out- I recently got a Sorcerer but today it would not start a game. I noticed these 3 wires taped together by the coin door, can anyone tell me if these are supposed to be connected?
I went into the switch test and the only odd thing I see is the right sling will function, but does not display the switch number or make a noise during the test. Ball trough and start button switches seem fine.
[quoted image]

Can you clairify the wire colors?
I see black / red that goes to the memory protect switch
what looks like white / grey for High score reset
and a yellow or white
Is that correct ?

#1987 3 years ago

Sorcerer getting some love today.

sorcerer6 (resized).jpgsorcerer6 (resized).jpg

#1988 3 years ago
Quoted from bigfoot53:

Can you clairify the wire colors?
I see black / red that goes to the memory protect switch
what looks like white / grey for High score reset
and a yellow or white
Is that correct ?

One is a black-red, the other two look similar but one may be dingy. they are white with light blue writing, one goes towards the coin door service buttons, the other heads towards the rear.

#1989 3 years ago

Those 3 wires I don't think are supposed to be together. I left the black-red disconnected and then was able to move max credits down to zero. It was 30 and playing before so I'm not sure why, but changing it to free play max credits zero and my game is playing again.

Last thing- if anyone can tell me where the black-red should be connected?

#1990 3 years ago

Should have known such a simple thing as replacing the speakers would give me trouble. All my reseqarch suggested that the sys9's had 4 ohm speakers so that's what i bought.

I put the top speaker in yesterday and now have no sound. Got the meter out and figured out how to test the original one and it's 8 ohm (i know test it first, and now i know how).

If i put the 8 ohm new one in the cab as well, will that start it working or do i have to buy 8 ohm speakers? If i do have i damaged either the speaker or the machine now?

#1991 3 years ago

Looking to buy original pop bumper cap(s) if anyone has any to spare. Maybe someone that switched to clear caps has an extra original? Thanks

#1992 3 years ago
Quoted from jk:

Looking to buy original pop bumper cap(s) if anyone has any to spare. Maybe someone that switched to clear caps has an extra original? Thanks

Especially with the new playfields in circulation, you'd think there would be a good market for Sorcerer bumper cap reproductions. I keep hoping!

#1993 3 years ago

Yeah exactly, I’m just starting my playfield swap and 2 of my 3 pop caps have damage. Let’s hope someone makes them.

73B51B0A-CC52-4ADA-8D33-641BF552CF6F (resized).jpeg73B51B0A-CC52-4ADA-8D33-641BF552CF6F (resized).jpegBA0F4577-707E-43EA-929E-40489F9C958B (resized).jpegBA0F4577-707E-43EA-929E-40489F9C958B (resized).jpeg7036253F-0FE4-409C-85D9-04E465070F99 (resized).jpeg7036253F-0FE4-409C-85D9-04E465070F99 (resized).jpeg
#1994 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Especially with the new playfields in circulation, you'd think there would be a good market for Sorcerer bumper cap reproductions. I keep hoping!

I went with translucent red, hoping that repros will eventually become available!

#1995 3 years ago

Is there a free play setting on this machine? I have to take it to a show in a few months and would like to do better than 40 credits and open the door for more.

#1996 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Is there a free play setting on this machine? I have to take it to a show in a few months and would like to do better than 40 credits and open the door for more.

I just had a similar issue, I think that you move maximum credits to zero for free play.

#1997 3 years ago

Could someone with a correct configuration of posts and rubber rings please post a couple of close ups of the back areas - under/side of ramp and below demon targets? I've got mine torn down for cleaning and need to make some corrections.

#1998 3 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

I just had a similar issue, I think that you move maximum credits to zero for free play.

borat (resized).jpgborat (resized).jpg

#1999 3 years ago

Playing so much sorcerer atm trying to find faults or ball traps that the only words that make me feel good are;

'You are Master!'.

#2000 3 years ago

I designed these Sorcerer apron cards today and wanted to share. I just put them in my pinside store if anyone wants me to print and laminate some for you.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1256-upkick-pinball/03922-sorcerer-apron-cards-

Sorcerer Instruction card (resized).jpgSorcerer Instruction card (resized).jpgsorcerer info card (resized).jpgsorcerer info card (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 749.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
There are 2,386 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-sorcerer-cabinet-stencils/page/40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.