100_4952 (resized).JPG
100_4954 (resized).JPG
IMG_9982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4175 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4176 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6595 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

There are 2,386 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 48.
#1851 4 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

It's interesting that that plastic next to the ramp has a hole for a screw or post that ain't there. Mine's like that too.

Agree @jibmums....my original playfield had a giant hole there....See photos. The first photo is of the new mirco playfield with the post now installed and the rubber properly stretched across (Thanks @pinzig). The 2nd photo is of the original playfield showing the ramp location, giant hole, and what may be a tiny hole that's hard to see.....but never had a post in it! Very strange ya'll. I chalk this up to....playfields or improvements made in playfields over time perhaps by different manufacturers? Either way, I'm pretty happy with the mirco swap....i have one issue that I'm struggling with mentally....I'll post a photo of that later tomorrow or something.

sorcerer new (resized).jpgsorcerer new (resized).jpgsorcerer original (resized).jpgsorcerer original (resized).jpg
#1852 4 years ago

My playfield had the same large hole, and I've seen one or two others with that hole. Mine had a wooden plug (not glued in) filling the hole that the metal post was screwed into. Now that I see it's fairly common, my guess is that the playfield manufacturer mistakenly drilled holes there for bulb sockets or wiring, realized their mistake after it was too late, and then Williams had to plug them at the factory. I think mine had the same unused dimple as yours too. Glad to see they didn't repeat the mistake on the reprints.

The hole in the plastic is still a mystery though.

sorc (resized).jpgsorc (resized).jpg
#1853 4 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

My playfield had the same large hole, and I've seen one or two others with that hole. Mine had a wooden plug (not glued in) filling the hole that the metal post was screwed into. Now that I see it's fairly common, my guess is that the playfield manufacturer mistakenly drilled holes there for bulb sockets or wiring, realized their mistake after it was too late, and then Williams had to plug them at the factory. I think mine had the same unused dimple as yours too. Glad to see they didn't repeat the mistake on the reprints.
The hole in the plastic is still a mystery though.

My original plastics also have that hole. I'm debating on the CPR plastics...I don't know what theirs look like....

1 week later
#1854 3 years ago

Continuing saga of the Sorcerer playfield swap. As mentioned before using a Mirco field. I am complete, game plays! Now...here's my troubling trouble....spot....and it's driving me crazy to be honest. The inline on the left flipper...is too far from the flipper. I don't know if it's the field that Mirco used, if it's something else going on here? I used the holes provided including a drilled through tee nut hole for the bottom of the inlane (closest to flipper). I of course used the flipper hole provided as well. The right flipper/inlane is perfect! Not the left....Mirco tells me just to make the hole more "oblong/oval". I'm just not sure....i'm willing to go making the holes more oval on my brand new playfield with a swap that's already done. Thoughts from the group? Any similar experiences?

92128385_606016076791509_47658176887128064_n (resized).jpg92128385_606016076791509_47658176887128064_n (resized).jpgInked92128385_606016076791509_47658176887128064_n_LI (resized).jpgInked92128385_606016076791509_47658176887128064_n_LI (resized).jpg
#1855 3 years ago

That's really crappy. i don't buy mirco for several reasons, and here's another to add to the list. Sorry that you have to deal with this. My suggestion is to reach out to Cliff Rinear (of "Cliffy" fame, and see if he can make you a longer custom inlane guide while still retaining the original mounting points. That would be the least intrusive way to close that gap. Of course, the clear plastic on top wouldn't match the lane guide on the bottom, but either that, or make the flipper hole more oblong as Mirco suggests and move the flipper assembly up. Even then, you'll mess up the flipper gap, unless the flipper hole is shifted too far down. Hard to tell in the pic. You can't move the lane guide itself down, because then that'll mess up the inlane/outlane positioning.

#1856 3 years ago

Does it effect play? I can measure my flipper gap on my Greatwitch playfield if you like?

#1857 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Does it effect play? I can measure my flipper gap on my Greatwitch playfield if you like?

To the untrained? NO. To pinball people like us? The ball hop is atrocious.

FatPanda thanks for the suggestions. I think Mirco is suggesting that I make the inlane guide more oval and move it down a bit. There is potential for that....but like I say, it means drilling...into a perfectly cleared playfield. My bigger hope is Mirco has an actual suggestion, surely I cannot be the only one with this problem? Their site says they are building more of these bad boys....well if they all have this problem?

#1858 3 years ago
Quoted from chknlil:

To the untrained? NO. To pinball people like us? The ball hop is atrocious.
fatpanda thanks for the suggestions. I think Mirco is suggesting that I make the inlane guide more oval and move it down a bit. There is potential for that....but like I say, it means drilling...into a perfectly cleared playfield. My bigger hope is Mirco has an actual suggestion, surely I cannot be the only one with this problem? Their site says they are building more of these bad boys....well if they all have this problem?

What are the measurements of your outlanes? Are they both the same? If the left outlane is smaller than the right, then I would have an easier time moving the guide closer to the flipper.

I would suggest reaching out to Cliffy in that case. I know his improved lane guides are already a little bit longer but by the looks of yours, you might even need to extend it.

#1859 3 years ago

Starting a complete rebuild of this one...game is disassembled now and in the middle of cabinet work and part cleaning.

12F29E9C-F0AD-422C-B4DE-D91AD21D9DAA (resized).jpeg12F29E9C-F0AD-422C-B4DE-D91AD21D9DAA (resized).jpeg3C1258D9-CF1A-4C93-8CF2-909FC4CEAE21 (resized).jpeg3C1258D9-CF1A-4C93-8CF2-909FC4CEAE21 (resized).jpeg5AEC4D14-CC68-4F41-BDB6-6F7F44820526 (resized).jpeg5AEC4D14-CC68-4F41-BDB6-6F7F44820526 (resized).jpegC60C765A-544B-4309-982C-6A3771320391 (resized).jpegC60C765A-544B-4309-982C-6A3771320391 (resized).jpeg
#1860 3 years ago

In progress...

A051EB7C-E47A-423C-A6C6-0EF98BD5430B (resized).jpegA051EB7C-E47A-423C-A6C6-0EF98BD5430B (resized).jpegED7980D3-3F07-4139-921E-731ED807604B (resized).jpegED7980D3-3F07-4139-921E-731ED807604B (resized).jpeg298242F3-1B2F-45DA-9739-542741A8552B (resized).jpeg298242F3-1B2F-45DA-9739-542741A8552B (resized).jpeg69CB318E-81F2-4F0F-A2FD-BE48F308D089 (resized).jpeg69CB318E-81F2-4F0F-A2FD-BE48F308D089 (resized).jpegD2E5D44F-8ED1-4DA2-B6FE-74BFA31DB0AD (resized).jpegD2E5D44F-8ED1-4DA2-B6FE-74BFA31DB0AD (resized).jpeg
#1861 3 years ago

Get new frames from Cliffy regardless -- but they won't reduce a gap that big. That's unreal. They may help, as he typically extends the top edge a bit.
I live in a no-flipper hop home, so I would lose my mind if that happened to me.
(but it could be the camera angle? -- not sure would have to compare to mine, which is an original PF.)
-mof

#1862 3 years ago

I'm searching for Sorcerer pop bumper caps. I wonder why no one has reproduced them. Can anyone chime in on this mystery ?

#1863 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Get new frames from Cliffy regardless -- but they won't reduce a gap that big. That's unreal. They may help, as he typically extends the top edge a bit.
I live in a no-flipper hop home, so I would lose my mind if that happened to me.
(but it could be the camera angle? -- not sure would have to compare to mine, which is an original PF.)
-mof

Amen to that!! Flipper hop is terrible. I'll see about getting new frames from cliffy. Then at least that shows Mirco (hopefully they are reading this) that I tried.

#1864 3 years ago

Hey chknlil, I’m sorry that I don’t have any advise re. re-drilling. It might help to see the outlanes on both sides. But I have to ask, is that a JCW in your avatar?

#1865 3 years ago

Before you do ANYTHING compare/contrast some measurements against a few other Sorcerer owners. Let's get clear about what the problem is.
-mof

#1866 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Before you do ANYTHING compare/contrast some measurements against a few other Sorcerer owners. Let's get clear about what the problem is.
-mof

Agree. not doing any adjustments until I get some measurements or at least a visual...hey thats wayyyy off. In fact I'd love to see photos of your RAW Mirco play fields as a start to see if there is anything obviously different in mine than yours. Any Mirco Sorcerer owners out there care to share? Find mine below.

I also have my original playfield now unpopulated so I can compare against that as well.

IMG-5086 (resized).jpgIMG-5086 (resized).jpg
#1867 3 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

Hey chknlil, I’m sorry that I don’t have any advise re. re-drilling. It might help to see the outlanes on both sides. But I have to ask, is that a JCW in your avatar?

it is a JCW!

#1868 3 years ago

i remember my old Sorcerer had the same distancing which took me by suprise but didnt care back then since i got it at 600 bucks for the game. Sold it that way, seems may be natural spacing

#1869 3 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

i remember my old Sorcerer had the same distancing which took me by suprise but didnt care back then since i got it at 600 bucks for the game. Sold it that way, seems may be natural spacing

I can't see that as being normal. I'll try to get some pics and measurements on mine.

#1870 3 years ago
Quoted from chknlil:

it is a JCW!

Awesome! I’ve got a chili red ‘vert. I love these cars!

Back on topic, I can confirm that my original playfield does not have that gap. Let me rephrase that, what small gap there is, is equal on both sides.

#1871 3 years ago

Mine is spaced a little farther than other Williams.

#1872 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Mine is spaced a little farther than other Williams.

Photo?

#1873 3 years ago
Quoted from chknlil:

Agree. not doing any adjustments until I get some measurements or at least a visual...hey thats wayyyy off. In fact I'd love to see photos of your RAW Mirco play fields as a start to see if there is anything obviously different in mine than yours. Any Mirco Sorcerer owners out there care to share? Find mine below.
I also have my original playfield now unpopulated so I can compare against that as well.[quoted image]

This is about as original as it gets...the spacing is the same on both sides on this one...about 5/16”

0C9801E0-9D13-46EC-BF5F-DBE8145A541D (resized).jpeg0C9801E0-9D13-46EC-BF5F-DBE8145A541D (resized).jpeg8A5A0A59-64E0-48CB-9E04-D8D36F024B19 (resized).png8A5A0A59-64E0-48CB-9E04-D8D36F024B19 (resized).png
#1874 3 years ago

Mine are even on both sides as well (obviously original)

427A9318-B0DE-4D2E-9CC6-0025B0812FF8 (resized).jpeg427A9318-B0DE-4D2E-9CC6-0025B0812FF8 (resized).jpeg
#1875 3 years ago

Got bored tonight so I made some lighting bars for Sorcerer. Used warm white 5 volt LEDs. Connected into the GI, came out nice.

60799522537__45922928-ED66-4441-B826-B95D7B8084DA (resized).JPG60799522537__45922928-ED66-4441-B826-B95D7B8084DA (resized).JPG
#1876 3 years ago

Anyone want to join the club? Nice example with original playfield that's not blown out, everything works, perfect repro backglass from Planetary. Looking to trade for a nice Black Hole, Haunted House, Rollergames....maybe others on my wishlist.

#1877 3 years ago

Clearly Sorcerer came off the line wrong.
I'll check in with Cliff and see if he ever made a special version of these flipper guides that extend extra far. It's the right solution.
-mof

#1878 3 years ago

Here is my original PF with Cliffy rails. They bridge the gap to the flipper but wont fix your extended gap with the Mirco PF. There's definitely something wrong with your Mirco.
20200407_210438 (resized).jpg20200407_210438 (resized).jpg20200407_210448 (resized).jpg20200407_210448 (resized).jpg20200407_210452 (resized).jpg20200407_210452 (resized).jpg

#1879 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Clearly Sorcerer came off the line wrong.
I'll check in with Cliff and see if he ever made a special version of these flipper guides that extend extra far. It's the right solution.
-mof

Thanks @mof. I did go ahead and order the enhanced guides from Cliff. Let me know what he thinks on extending the left one. That would indeed prevent me from drilling the field.....Although the plastic above it won't be extended might at least fix the playability.

FatPanda WOW!!! Those are TIGHT. I ordered those enhanced ones from Cliffy on Tuesday so I'll find out if they extend/help! I bet they do seeing what you have there.

All that said, anyone have luck with at least convincing Mirco he has a problem? Cause....i feel bad for all the others that have ordered that field. What I really want to know if it's JUST MINE or if it's ALL of them. Misery loves company? Not really......in fact. I'd be inclined to do the ENTIRE SWAP again....if I knew the layout was just jacked up on mine....

#1880 3 years ago
Quoted from chknlil:

Thanks mof. I did go ahead and order the enhanced guides from Cliff. Let me know what he thinks on extending the left one. That would indeed prevent me from drilling the field.....Although the plastic above it won't be extended might at least fix the playability.
fatpanda WOW!!! Those are TIGHT. I ordered those enhanced ones from Cliffy on Tuesday so I'll find out if they extend/help! I bet they do seeing what you have there.
All that said, anyone have luck with at least convincing Mirco he has a problem? Cause....i feel bad for all the others that have ordered that field. What I really want to know if it's JUST MINE or if it's ALL of them. Misery loves company? Not really......in fact. I'd be inclined to do the ENTIRE SWAP again....if I knew the layout was just jacked up on mine....

I wouldn't be surprised that they don't bridge your gap. Yours is quite beyond the factory ones. The clear plastics in the pics are where the original lane guides ended on the flipper for comparison.

#1881 3 years ago

Glad I went with a silk screened CPR playfield.

#1882 3 years ago

All, I feel like I owe you some measurements myself since I asked for yours. Here they are as they sit today. Left flipper just over 1/2" with the Mirco playfield using the holes provided. 9/16" to be exactish. The right side flipper is sitting at an acceptable 3/8". Photos below:

So I'm waiting on the enhanced Cliffy flipper guides, and when I get them I will try the left side first and see where I land. It may be possible that using the enhanced flipper guides I can get things lined up a little better...into the more acceptable range at least. Stay tuned. I'm not holding my breath for a no drill solution.

At this point I'd caution anyone from going with the Mirco Sorcerer field. It's very nice, but the geometry of the holes (many of them) seem off. I can show you where lane guides etc are significantly different between the Mirco and the CPR playfield. The CPR field seems to match the actual original play field MUCH MUCH closer. I have also compared my Mirco field to the field posted on the Mirco facebook site. It is the same...all holes in the same spots. So I suspect that every Mirco Sorcerer playfield being shipped....is off as well...unless of course the latest batch being printed now has been modified/fixed, which I cannot speak too.

IMG_5905 (resized).jpgIMG_5905 (resized).jpgIMG_5906 (resized).jpgIMG_5906 (resized).jpg
#1883 3 years ago

I'm at work and just had my wife send me a photo of the playfield. It's obviously way off on my Micro as well.

Were there other hole placement issues? Trying to figure out if I should try to patch / refill the lane guide holes or ask for a replacement / refund.

#1884 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I'm at work and just had my wife send me a photo of the playfield. It's obviously way off on my Micro as well.
Were there other hole placement issues? Trying to figure out if I should try to patch / refill the lane guide holes or ask for a replacement / refund.

Yup....there were other issues, but I worked them out. Especially on the left side by the ramp/guides. The wood side rails were way off on both sides....Also the multiball ramp/guides were off on the right side for me. I got them to work though. I'm good with all of those things except the flippers. The flippers really chap my hide....cause....well that's the most important thing in pinball. If it were me. Ask CPR when they will have the new one printed and order it. The return on the Mirco may be terrible...idk.

#1885 3 years ago

I highly doubt mirco will give you a refund. Like I alluded to before, I wouldnt buy anything from him for other reasons. This is just another reason to add to the pile. Sorry you guys are going through this.

#1886 3 years ago
Quoted from chknlil:

measurements

My eye is measuring midpoints of each hole that you are measuring, and I'm seeing:

1" stock vs 1"+1/8"+1/32" on the repro.

I'm so sorry to see this.

-mof

1 week later
#1887 3 years ago

I did measurements on mine. The right ball guide starts 1" from the flipper hole, the left is 1-1/4". Definitely too big, way too far to be considered "slop". The angles are also a little funny, with the left side being centered on the flipper hole and the right side being justified higher. Can anyone tell me which is correct?
My rails were not dead on but they seemed close enough to hopefully not make a difference anywhere. I can mod those as well if I need to. I've asked Mirco a bunch if questions about this stuff but 9 days later and no reply yet. I am highly skeptical he will send me a correctly manufactured playfield and I can't even get a reply from him about what holes are off and what the correct measurements are. I'd just compare to my original but he still has it despite telling me he'd send it back to me at Texas 2-3 years ago now.

I'm on staycation the next 2 weeks and have started the prep work on the swap. My harness has been sitting in a lump in the bottom of the cab for a few years now, finally got all the mechs connector-ized and the harness in the dishwasher. At this point I just want to get it done. I loved this game and that's why I sent my playfield to get repro'd but it's been a nightmare at every step with Mirco.

#1888 3 years ago

This should be brought to the attention of the populace outside this thread i reckon. Get a bit of peer pressure going.

#1889 3 years ago

He's been kicked in the face on this forum for the last year about his playfield quality issues, the John Greatwich thing, etc. You think he cares about one guy's sorcerer?

If he was the kind of guy who cared about his reputation or his customers he certainly could have responded to my messages. I've been dealing with this for over 2 years and it's always the same. Dodge, divert, and when he's in a corner just stop responding entirely. He has my plastics (which I need to complete this project one way or another) and another playfield he's holding hostage that he's had since (I think) 2018. He has every opportunity to make it right should he choose. Hell, he could at least make it *decent* if he can just give me a rundown of what holes are not correct.

Anybody tried clear pop bodies or anything funky on this game? Thought I'd clean mine up but they're pretty beat so I'm going to order new.

#1890 3 years ago

I consider myself told. Will go back to my corner.

#1891 3 years ago

Sorry, nothing meant by any of that towards you at all, just frustrated with my situation

#1892 3 years ago

I'm glad i didn't go with Micro, Sorry to see all the issues.
Getting closer to completion on my CPR playfield.

20200302_182912 (resized).jpg20200302_182912 (resized).jpg
#1893 3 years ago

Looking sharp! At first the really deep brownish maroon at the bottom turned me off but it has grown on me quite a bit.

#1894 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Looking sharp! At first the really deep brownish maroon at the bottom turned me off but it has grown on me quite a bit.

Its actually a darker purple just cant really tell in the photo, camera on phone doesn't due it justice

#1895 3 years ago

Gents,

I am new to the site and I know this is an old thread, but I only have a Sorcerer and have a continued issue with an error code 05 2 1 in the top left score display. Can anyone give me an idea of what is going on?

#1896 3 years ago
Quoted from Kurgen:

I am new to the site and I know this is an old thread, but I only have a Sorcerer and have a continued issue with an error code 05 2 1 in the top left score display. Can anyone give me an idea of what is going on?

Welcome aboard!

It looks like your machine is booting into bookkeeping mode. 521 is the game ID number. You often get this with dead, or missing batteries. Open the coin door and turn the machine on and off twice. That should reset it to factory settings, but if your battery is dead or missing, the settings will not persist through the next restart. Check if there are dead or leaking AA batteries on the main board (in the back box). If the batteries have leaked you could be in trouble, as the system 9 boards are somewhat rare. Pull any old batteries immediately.

Also, you can download the game manual at ipdb.org.

#1897 3 years ago

Guys I just got my parts from Cliffy. I can tell you right now...This is saving Mirco from the wraith of CHKN. (LOL - just joking). That said...Cliffy's flipper rails has saved it for me. I can now play with no ball hop!! The ball travels up and down the rail without any hitch and it's made it buttery smooth again. The gap is better, it's not resolved....but I didn't have to drill and it is enjoyable and playable now, maybe I'll move them down a little later...but I doubt it and it's not affecting gameplay. I love the game. I'll attach some photos below for you to gaze at of the new enhanced Cliffy flipper rails. Great customer service as usual from him.

Quoted from Chalkey:

He's been kicked in the face on this forum for the last year about his playfield quality issues, the John Greatwich thing, etc. You think he cares about one guy's sorcerer?
If he was the kind of guy who cared about his reputation or his customers he certainly could have responded to my messages. I've been dealing with this for over 2 years and it's always the same. Dodge, divert, and when he's in a corner just stop responding entirely. He has my plastics (which I need to complete this project one way or another) and another playfield he's holding hostage that he's had since (I think) 2018. He has every opportunity to make it right should he choose. Hell, he could at least make it *decent* if he can just give me a rundown of what holes are not correct.
Anybody tried clear pop bodies or anything funky on this game? Thought I'd clean mine up but they're pretty beat so I'm going to order new.

Chalkey, maybe he cares about two peoples sorcerers? I doubt it....he stopped responding to me as well, doesn't email me back etc. Honestly, I don't care anymore, my machine rocks and it's his mirco playfield. I worked through the weird issues and it plays just like my old one did. the geometry seems fine and the ones that were off a little I fixed. I love it. I don't love the playfied or his customer service, and it will be my last Mirco field for sure. Don't even care what he releases at this point. His teams lack of care/customer service/quality product...blah blah. I'm done. Like you said, if he'd just release an email stating here are the incorrect measurements...I'd even be good with an admission of that and here's my recommendation to fix it! Regardless, it's a beautiful field.

I've not tried the clear pops, sounds fun! I went with white. Over the next couple days I'll get photos of the finished product and post for ya'll here! My recommendation...move forward with the Mirco field since you own it already, and if you need help, post here or send me a DM I will help let you out with what I did etc.

IMG-5955 (resized).jpgIMG-5955 (resized).jpgIMG-5957 (resized).jpgIMG-5957 (resized).jpg
#1898 3 years ago

Micro deserves to be grilled. What a bad businessman he is. Won’t give refunds, tries to run others out of business, won’t admit mistakes. It’s always someone else’s problem with him. I am hesitant to ever do business with him because of things like this. When I’m paying 1k for a playfield I expect shit to be where it’s supposed to be. I’m just glad I grabbed a screen printed cpr. Too bad I have to get it recleared or risk getting chipped inserts from it not being totally level.

#1899 3 years ago

chknlil does it still have any hop on the left side? I need it to be totally eliminated. Maybe I'll end up modding or creating my own lane guide but it's got to be perfect after going through all this trouble. Even if I do something like widen or drill new holes in the lane guides the flipper performance just needs to be right.

#1900 3 years ago

Okay I'm working with Cliffy on getting a ball guide made to solve the playfield issue, but he needs to know if it's worth producing in any kind of numbers. Can you guys sound off if you'd be willing to order a modified set for your Mirco playfields?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 749.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 2,386 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-sorcerer-cabinet-stencils/page/38 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.