Sorcerer (resized).jpg
100_4952 (resized).JPG
100_4954 (resized).JPG
IMG_9982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4175 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4176 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6595 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 48.
#1801 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

The ribbon cable, volume pot, and chip sockets are the most likely culprits. While in the speech test wipe the volume pot from min to max and see if you get anything and give the ribbon cable and roms some wiggling or reseating.

I'm thinking at this point it is the ribbon cable.
Went thought the sound test several times while adjust both volume pots and nothing.
I put new speech roms in and no change (sockets look good, no cracked solder).
Also reflowed the pins for the ribbon cable, still nothing.

I put a lot of pressure on the ribbon cable and got a couple second of speech and then it cut out.
Ordered some new ribbon cable off Amazon tonight and should be here Saturday.
Hopefully that fixes it.

#1802 4 years ago

Has anyone done a swap with the mirco pf?
I am curious how everything lined up. They look amazing in the photos

#1803 4 years ago

Could anyone measure the length of the bracket on the one way gate on the multiball ramp bottom please?

My Sorcerer is pulling the post out that holds it as it seems to be about 10mm (1/2") short. It measures 70mm, but the either the post is in the wrong place or the gate is wrong.

I'd appreciate the help as i miss it already.

gate1 (resized).jpggate1 (resized).jpggate2 (resized).jpggate2 (resized).jpg
#1804 4 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Could anyone measure the length of the bracket on the one way gate on the multiball ramp bottom please?
My Sorcerer is pulling the post out that holds it as it seems to be about 10mm (1/2") short. It measures 70mm, but the either the post is in the wrong place or the gate is wrong.
I'd appreciate the help as i miss it already.[quoted image][quoted image]

Center of post to center of post is 2.5 inches. Never noticed how little of the end of the bracket touches the lower post.

20200209_191254 (resized).jpg20200209_191254 (resized).jpg20200209_191335 (resized).jpg20200209_191335 (resized).jpg
#1805 4 years ago

Thanks, that's how mine measures and looks, but the top post is pulling out of the playfield because the rubber is pulling it back. looks like the bracket should hold both posts together but it's not long enough to do that.

Is your playfield original or repro?

#1806 4 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Is your playfield original or repro?

Original. You can probably see the edges of the protector that's on there.
Repro playfield is across the room. Just getting ready to start installing parts on that.

#1807 4 years ago

Thanks mate, i dowelled the hole and reinstalled as per your photo. Hope it holds up. Mine is a John Greatwitch playfield is all and i thought it may be that the hole was in the wrong place, but looks the same.

#1808 4 years ago

The fit on that gate is a lot snugger on my machine (original playfield). There’s only a small gap between the post screw head and the cutaway for it. Maybe 1/16”, if that.

#1809 4 years ago

Is the gate the same length mate? Just the posts are in different pozzies?

#1810 4 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Is the gate the same length mate? Just the posts are in different pozzies?

Yes. I just checked. It's 70mm. I guess you can chalk it up to the vagaries of playfield assembly.

#1811 4 years ago

Thanks.

#1812 4 years ago
Quoted from BRW84:

That's really impressive!

Thaks for the feedback

Starting Playfield swap this week.

#1813 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Try opening the coin door, then turning the machine on/off/on in quick succession. It should go into attract mode when it is turned on. If it doesn't (just lights up) there is an issue as shown by the error code on the MPU. Also try changing the batteries.

OK, changed the batteries and flipped the switch several times, still a no go. Can't add games by flipping the coin switch and doesn't seem to be getting power to the game start button. Any suggestions of tracking down the circuit? I do have a manual for this, although the schematic is in small print.

#1814 4 years ago
Quoted from Brent1955:

OK, changed the batteries and flipped the switch several times, still a no go. Can't add games by flipping the coin switch and doesn't seem to be getting power to the game start button. Any suggestions of tracking down the circuit? I do have a manual for this, although the schematic is in small print.

Download the manual so you can zoom in on the schematic. - https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=sorcerer&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#2242

#1815 4 years ago
Quoted from Brent1955:

Happy holidays sorcerer's! I was at my son in laws house for the holidays. He said his game made a "pop" under the play field and how won't turn on. I cycled through the buttons in the coin door to reset the machine and everything lights up. but, when you press the start button, nothing happens. I looked at the CPU and it gives a 0 and 5 when I toggle the button.
Any suggestion on where to start? I can't say if the information he provided is accurate or not.
Regards,
Brent

Quoted from Brent1955:

Going back to your original post and what is happening today. When you turn on the game, does it go into attract mode? Can you get into diagnostics? Are there any error codes on the MPU? Let's start there first.

#1816 4 years ago

Good evening everyone,

I've run into a couple snags in my rebuild Can someone post pictures of the drop target assembly mine was missing the solenoid so im not sure how it mounts and if im missing any mounting hardware .
I'm also in need of the wiring layout for the eos and the lane change switch on the right lower flipper both switches were missing i have purchased both replacements but i cant see to find any wires for the Lane change switch .

Thanks
Bruce

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1817 4 years ago

Laserball uses the same pop bumper caps.

15818914998177734428799015695531 (resized).jpg15818914998177734428799015695531 (resized).jpg20200216_171658 (resized).jpg20200216_171658 (resized).jpg
#1818 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Laserball uses the same pop bumper caps.[quoted image][quoted image]

Not entirely true. While the artwork is the same, the Laser Ball caps are pad-printed onto the surface of the plastic, and the printing has a matte finish. The Sorcerer caps are hot-stamped onto the caps, melting into the surface slightly and giving a little glossiness to the finish. I thought they were the same also so I bought a couple of LB caps a few years back, and the differences were enough that I never used them. But I'm a fuss-ass, so someone else may not mind.

#1819 4 years ago

evening everyone,
Does anyone have a good picture of the knocker coil and bracket I need to make sure i get the correct one mine is missing .

Thanks
Bruce

#1820 4 years ago
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1821 4 years ago

Shopping by looks:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-11273

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-8-508-T

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-7525

Also, this pic was accidentally loaded up weeks ago and it will NOT go away..so I'm ditching it here

20190912_071641 (resized).jpg20190912_071641 (resized).jpg
#1822 4 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

Shopping by looks:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-11273
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-8-508-T
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-7525
Also, this pic was accidentally loaded up weeks ago and it will NOT go away..so I'm ditching it here [quoted image]

Hopefully you didn’t have any pins in that shed

#1823 4 years ago

Awesome,

Thanks for the pics and the links. I'm going with this kit
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/B-10686-1 and the striker plate from link above.

#1824 4 years ago
Quoted from bigfoot53:

Awesome,
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/B-10686-1 and the striker plate from link above.

Looks like you might also have to add a diode to the coil.

#1825 4 years ago

Is there a way to turn attract sounds off in this game?

#1826 4 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

Hopefully you didn’t have any pins in that shedNo sir!

Awesome,

Thats even better! That didn't come up in my knocker search.

#1827 4 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Is there a way to turn attract sounds off in this game?

Set game adjustment 36 to 00/off

#1828 4 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Looks like you might also have to add a diode to the coil.

Yea, I have a drawer full of those

#1829 4 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

Thats even better! That didn't come up in my knocker search.

Yea it didn't show initially for me either. I was under related items .

#1830 4 years ago

Afternoon all! I'm doing a playfield swap using a mirco playfield. Everything has been going well with preparations I have two of the three wiring harnesses off the switch harness remains. I've been moving over some solenoids etc. Today I ran into my first problem. The pre-drilled holes appear to be wrong in most all locations. So when this happens do I just drill my own and move things where it looks like they should be? Also I've noticed the distance from the side to the holes in the playfield are different on my original playfield and my mirco. What do I do here? Keep going and hope for the best? Things seem to be off enough that I'm a bit concerned about continuing. Thoughts? Anyone experienced this?

ball eject wrong placement (resized).jpgball eject wrong placement (resized).jpgball eject correct placement (resized).jpgball eject correct placement (resized).jpgdistance to ball guide mount mirco (resized).jpgdistance to ball guide mount mirco (resized).jpgdistance to ball guide mount original (resized).jpgdistance to ball guide mount original (resized).jpg
#1831 4 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Set game adjustment 36 to 00/off

Piggybacking off of this, is there any way to switch off the flashing relay that triggers during attract mode? I turned off attract mode sounds, but whenever I'm working on the machines next to Sorcerer and that relay goes off, I nearly give myself a soldering iron tattoo. Maybe I'm just wound too tight...

#1832 4 years ago
Quoted from chknlil:

Afternoon all! I'm doing a playfield swap using a mirco playfield. Everything has been going well with preparations I have two of the three wiring harnesses off the switch harness remains. I've been moving over some solenoids etc. Today I ran into my first problem. The pre-drilled holes appear to be wrong in most all locations. So when this happens do I just drill my own and move things where it looks like they should be? Also I've noticed the distance from the side to the holes in the playfield are different on my original playfield and my mirco. What do I do here? Keep going and hope for the best? Things seem to be off enough that I'm a bit concerned about continuing. Thoughts? Anyone experienced this?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hello chknlil,

I'm in the midst of a playfield swap "CPR Version " and have run into a few locations that just don't line up so you just align the part as needed and carefully " Don't drill through the playfield " drill your own hole and you'll be good to go. Playfields were manufactured by different companies over the production run and things changed a little from manufacturer to the manufacturer so there will probably be misalignments . My outhole kicker was misaligned as well the arm sat right on the nut holding the ball guide above. Overall things do align up but I've had several locations that don't All my rollovers at the top were off by 3/16 + so I had to re-drill all of them and the leaf switches as well . Its a little nerve-racking but Not a big deal. Take your time and I'm sure it will turn out great

#1833 4 years ago

Machine - For Sale
Sorcerer Archived
Fully shopped/refurbished - “PF stripped cleaned waxed New rubber Switches cleaned and adjusted Flipper rebuilt coil stops plungers coils sleeves NVRAM Nice cabinet Backglass 9++ PF better than most Looking f...”
2020-02-14
, NH
Archived after: 28 days
Viewed: 954 times

anyone looking for nice shopped out Sorcerer

#1834 4 years ago
Quoted from bigfoot53:

Hello chknlil,
I'm in the midst of a playfield swap "CPR Version " and have run into a few locations that just don't line up so you just align the part as needed and carefully " Don't drill through the playfield " drill your own hole and you'll be good to go. Playfields were manufactured by different companies over the production run and things changed a little from manufacturer to the manufacturer so there will probably be misalignments . My outhole kicker was misaligned as well the arm sat right on the nut holding the ball guide above. Overall things do align up but I've had several locations that don't All my rollovers at the top were off by 3/16 + so I had to re-drill all of them and the leaf switches as well . Its a little nerve-racking but Not a big deal. Take your time and I'm sure it will turn out great

Thanks so much!! That gives me some confidence to move forward. I've been positioning as you suggested and things seem to be going fine thus far! I haven't much top of playfield that is off thankfully.

#1835 4 years ago

Joined the club last week -- anyone know if sling plastics are available anywhere?

#1836 4 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Joined the club last week -- anyone know if sling plastics are available anywhere?

Planetary Pinball has a complete set available: Playfield Plastic Set - Sorcerer 31-1006-532 (Silkscreened)

Didn't see anything on eBay

Possibly someone here might have an old pair

Bruce

#1837 4 years ago
Quoted from bigfoot53:

Planetary Pinball has a complete set available: Playfield Plastic Set - Sorcerer 31-1006-532 (Silkscreened)
Didn't see anything on eBay
Possibly someone here might have an old pair
Bruce

Yeah - just one sling plastic is busted, don't really want to spend $130 for a whole set. Thanks though!

#1838 4 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Yeah - just one sling plastic is busted, don't really want to spend $130 for a whole set. Thanks though!

I have one sling plastic that came extra in mine.. It is not perfect, but not broken.. Left side sling..

20200302_110842 (resized).jpg20200302_110842 (resized).jpg20200302_110849 (resized).jpg20200302_110849 (resized).jpg
#1839 4 years ago

Agh, it's the right side!

#1840 4 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Agh, it's the right side!

Could flip it upside down, and play with the white side showing

Anyways, good luck on the search..

1 week later
#1841 4 years ago
Quoted from chknlil:

Afternoon all! I'm doing a playfield swap using a mirco playfield. Everything has been going well with preparations I have two of the three wiring harnesses off the switch harness remains. I've been moving over some solenoids etc. Today I ran into my first problem. The pre-drilled holes appear to be wrong in most all locations. So when this happens do I just drill my own and move things where it looks like they should be? Also I've noticed the distance from the side to the holes in the playfield are different on my original playfield and my mirco. What do I do here? Keep going and hope for the best? Things seem to be off enough that I'm a bit concerned about continuing. Thoughts? Anyone experienced this?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have a recently restored machine with the micro field. I can send you some pics if needed. I didn't do the swap so I can't tell if new holes were drilled. Let me know if you need any references and I'll take pictures of mine.

2 weeks later
#1842 4 years ago

Hey all. I'm proceeding nicely on my Mirco playfield swap! In fact, I'm nearly complete and the machine is up and running 100% Just a few minor things to work out and then I'll take some photos. Debating whether to get the CPR plastics or just use what I have...kinda leaning towards CPR...but we will see. That said.....I have a question for the group, swapped and original playfields. See my photos below, which is at the entrance to the multiball ramp. My original playfield did not come with a post here. I'd love to get a photo of the part that is supposed to go here. As you see I've stretched this rubber beyond it's normal....capacity. I appreciate your input/photos here. Once I have this I can order the right post.

IMG-5786 (resized).jpgIMG-5786 (resized).jpgIMG-5787 (resized).jpgIMG-5787 (resized).jpg
#1843 4 years ago

Sorry, dont have the part #, but looks like you need this metal post. Also looks like I could use a new playfield...how was the swap?

20200324_111103 (resized).jpg20200324_111103 (resized).jpg
#1844 4 years ago
Quoted from PinZig:

Sorry, dont have the part #, but looks like you need this metal post. Also looks like I could use a new playfield...how was the swap?[quoted image]

Sweet. Looks like this: https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-1-metal-post-with-groove.html

??

#1845 4 years ago

Yeah, looks like the same 1 to me. Dont forget the hardware to install it too.

#1846 4 years ago

You bet! Really appreciate the photo!

#1847 4 years ago

I really love the Sorcerer. Besides the absolute beauty ( i think it has the best art in pinball) the game is one like i so often hear people say it kicks my arse buit it keeps me coming back.

Never got that till now, i have a Flash that kicks my arse but it just shits me.

With Sorcerer it kicks my arse but i know if i push the button again i have a chance of it telling me i am MASTER.

#1848 4 years ago
Quoted from bigfoot53:

Good evening everyone,
I've run into a couple snags in my rebuild Can someone post pictures of the drop target assembly mine was missing the solenoid so im not sure how it mounts and if im missing any mounting hardware .
I'm also in need of the wiring layout for the eos and the lane change switch on the right lower flipper both switches were missing i have purchased both replacements but i cant see to find any wires for the Lane change switch .
Thanks
Bruce[quoted image]

Bruce, did you get what you needed here? Happy to snap some photos if not....my playfield is up! lol

#1849 4 years ago

Thanks for the reply,
I think im good to go for now.

#1850 4 years ago
Quoted from PinZig:

Sorry, dont have the part #, but looks like you need this metal post. Also looks like I could use a new playfield...how was the swap?[quoted image]

It's interesting that that plastic next to the ramp has a hole for a screw or post that ain't there. Mine's like that too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 749.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-sorcerer-cabinet-stencils/page/37?hl=topkat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.