I've got an interesting issue to see if anyone has run across:
Issue: Super weak left flipper.
The link arm is attempting to get pulled into the coil, however it just cannot do so. If I assist it, it can be grabbed by the coil, but the magnetic field is so weak, I can easily pull it out while energized.
Steps taken to resolve:
1. New coil (with diodes), coil sleeve, coil stop, flipper bushing, spring.
2. New double stacked flipper switch (gapped properly)
3. Cleaned and confirm closed EOS when not energized.
4. Buffed/polished link, so no binding is occurring.
5. Measured voltage on lugs: 68 VDC.
5. Measured resistence on lugs on old & new coils: (Left & middle 4 ohm, middle & right 4 ohm, left & right 162 ohm). This is different than the right flipper coil's measurements on the left & right lugs (which is also around 4 ohm, not 162 ohm).
Some other potential thoughts:
1. Broken strands in wire?
I hope someone can tell me the stupid thing I'm not thinking about....