Topic Stats

• 1,555 posts
  • 153 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by Squeakman
  • Topic is favorited by 70 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 440 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_7843 (resized).JPG
IMG_7842 (resized).JPG
DE58D34A-A6EE-445B-9304-9311BC45719B (resized).jpeg
100_8954 (resized).JPG
20180404_151953 (resized).jpg
Galaxy pops (resized).jpg
sorc 5 (resized).jpg
sorc 4 (resized).jpg
sorc 3 (resized).jpg
Sorc 2 (resized).jpg
Sorc 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_2427 (resized).JPG
2A9858CD-0520-40A6-AC67-64DD227249A9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0004 (resized).JPG
IMG_0003 (resized).JPG
IMG_0002 (resized).JPG

There are 1563 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 32.
#1401 1 year ago

Won best lighting and a $100 gift card to Comet at the 2017 Rocky Mountain showdown with my sorcerer!!

IMG_3622 (resized).JPG

IMG_8113 (resized).JPG

#1402 1 year ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Won best lighting and a $100 gift card to Comet at the 2017 Rocky Mountain showdown with my sorcerer!!

Looking good, I am a huge fan of the artwork on this pin.

#1403 1 year ago

but everyone says colored gi sucks...

looks pretty good. Sorcerer was my first game and had just white in it at the time. would love to go back and try it, again, with what i know now. get those flippers even already.

#1404 1 year ago
Quoted from weaverj:

but everyone says colored gi sucks...
looks pretty good. Sorcerer was my first game and had just white in it at the time. would love to go back and try it, again, with what i know now. get those flippers even already.

I used all blue for GI and it looks awesome!

2571d81d0d7bf4000f591c10c60b635e53dee738 (resized).jpg

#1405 1 year ago

Any chance someone could throw me a bone here and run a sound test on your machine so we can compare notes? When I run the test, per the manual instructions below, I only hear 3 or 4 of the verbal callouts along with some other game sounds. Are you guys hearing all of the verbal callouts listed in the table below? Do I need to be changing my sound ROMs?

pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

#1406 1 year ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Any chance someone could throw me a bone here and run a sound test on your machine so we can compare notes? When I run the test, per the manual instructions below, I only hear 3 or 4 of the verbal callouts along with some other game sounds. Are you guys hearing all of the verbal callouts listed in the table below? Do I need to be changing my sound ROMs?

I ran into the same thing a while back, there's some kind of glitch with the sound test, you're all good assuming the sound is working properly in-game:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sorcerer-sound-speech-test

#1407 1 year ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

When pressing sw2 on the mpu, I get game sounds then all of the listed speech phrases are played in order.

#1408 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I ran into the same thing a while back, there's some kind of glitch with the sound test, you're all good assuming the sound is working properly in-game:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sorcerer-sound-speech-test

Thx this helps!

#1409 1 year ago

WTB here! I recently picked up the game in the process of PF cleaning/shopping I noticed
"Damn! I'm missing that ball canopy over the trapped ball area at the right! "
Wizard_mode was very kind to supply me with detailed pics and measurements (Thanks again Tim!) -
but after seeing the forming that needs to be done, thought I'd just ask here if
anyone may have a spare (from a parts PF) that they would part with.

(I would try to contact the previous owner to see if he had it laying around, but I'd
need a Medium to contact him at this time - game was from an estate sale )

thanks,
M

image-22 (resized).jpg

#1410 1 year ago

If anyone wants to sell their unused reproduction plastic set, I'm buying. Message me.
Thanks!
Ed

#1411 1 year ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

WTB here! I recently picked up the game in the process of PF cleaning/shopping I noticed
"Damn! I'm missing that ball canopy over the trapped ball area at the right! "
Wizard_mode was very kind to supply me with detailed pics and measurements (Thanks again Tim!) -
but after seeing the forming that needs to be done, thought I'd just ask here if
anyone may have a spare (from a parts PF) that they would part with.
(I would try to contact the previous owner to see if he had it laying around, but I'd
need a Medium to contact him at this time - game was from an estate sale )
thanks,
M

looks like the piece is there...what extra piece are you referring to?

#1412 1 year ago
Quoted from tominator:

looks like the piece is there...what extra piece are you referring to?

I believe that is a different Sorcerer showing the piece he is missing. When I get home from work I will look through my parts. I had some extra play field parts when I bought a semi populated playfield years ago.

#1413 1 year ago

Yes. The pic I provided was a Google image I found . Thanks for your help!
-m

#1414 1 year ago

Looked through my box of parts that the restorer gave back to me and it looks like he didn't give me back some play field parts including that one. Oh well.

#1415 1 year ago

Bummer maybe someone else will have a spare. If not , I'll make one out of some polished stainless
Thanks for checking.

2 weeks later
#1416 1 year ago

Hoping someone can help with a sound problem on my Sorcerer. When I switch it on and start a game the sound works for a few seconds and then cuts out (or plays a few random sounds).

It stays like that unless I reboot the game and then does the same again. I have tried re-seating connectors and roms but no change, any ideas?

#1417 1 year ago

does it play sounds in sound test mode?

#1418 1 year ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

Bummer maybe someone else will have a spare. If not , I'll make one out of some polished stainless
Thanks for checking.

Guy at work here made a canopy for the ball lock area for me - stainless with mirrored/polished finish on one side.
I had him add a little "shield" on the one end because I was having balls bounce
out every time while playing it without this canopy. Could hardly ever lock a ball -lol
M

IMG_0645 (resized).JPG

#1419 1 year ago

Very nice work! It could pass as a factory part.

#1420 1 year ago

Beautifully formed and trust me - I know what it takes to make a piece like that by hand so well done, sir.

#1421 1 year ago

Just finished up my pf swap this week. 2 solid day's, about 25 hours I would say give or take. It's an overlay John greatwich did for me. I know thee are a lot of overlay haters, but I have to say this is a thing of beauty. Smooth as hell.

Anyone have a back glass they wanna sell before I order one from marcos?

IMG_20170713_192712_894 (resized).jpg

#1422 1 year ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

Guy at work here made a canopy for the ball lock area for me - stainless with mirrored/polished finish on one side.
I had him add a little "shield" on the one end because I was having balls bounce
out every time while playing it without this canopy. Could hardly ever lock a ball -lol
M

Looks awesome!!!

#1423 1 year ago

Another friendly reminder that the pre-order list for Sorcerer playfields is up at CPR, if you're interested please sign up so that these can get made (and save $50 vs ordering after they go into "The Pipe"):
http://www.classicplayfields.com/order.html

#1424 1 year ago
Quoted from gregh:

Just finished up my pf swap this week. 2 solid day's, about 25 hours I would say give or take. It's an overlay John greatwich did for me. I know thee are a lot of overlay haters, but I have to say this is a thing of beauty. Smooth as hell.
Anyone have a back glass they wanna sell before I order one from marcos?

New BG might be a little cheaper from PPS.
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=PP&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-31-1316-532

#1425 1 year ago

Actually, with marco's 9.99 shipping it worked out cheaper there.

Cheers

#1426 1 year ago
Quoted from tominator:

does it play sounds in sound test mode?

Hi, thanks for responding.

In test mode it makes sounds while scrolling 1-4 when it gets to 5 it says "feel my" and 6-00 are dead. After around 30 seconds all the sound dies and it will only start again if I reboot the machine.

I hope that makes sense!

#1427 1 year ago

Mine does not say all the words in test mode either, and I read that that is normal...
At least you know it makes sound, so the problem lies elsewhere...
Someone with more knowledge will chime in I'm sure...

1 week later
#1428 1 year ago

I finally installed my PPS backglass tonight after letting it sit unused for a year and a half. It's absolutely gorgeous! At first I thought it was identical to my original, and it nearly is, but there are a couple differences. The green leaves around the edges are much more vivid on the reproduction. Also the bars along the edges are flat in the original, but have shading on them in the reproduction that make them look three-dimensional. Could be those details have just faded on my original. Regardless, I like the reproduction BETTER than the original. PPS did a phenomenal job on it!

I got a new lift channel and edge trim for the glass from gatecrasher. Those worked perfectly. I used adhesive felt from pinrestore to help secure the lift channel to the glass. It's nice to have a perfect backglass on the machine. It looks great!

#1429 1 year ago

There were at least three different printings of original Sorcerer backglasses; most noticeable are differences in the snakes/bars, and in the wizard's pouch. One major other difference that I noticed between my original and my PPS repro is that the black linework on the PPS looks a bit thicker. No idea if this was just some heavy-handed screen printing or if some of the originals were printed this way also, though the backglass background image in the flyer looks like the black is thicker also. I kinda like the finer look of the black on my original but the repro still looks great.

#1430 1 year ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

I finally installed my PPS backglass tonight after letting it sit unused for a year and a half. It's absolutely gorgeous! At first I thought it was identical to my original, and it nearly is, but there are a couple differences. The green leaves around the edges are much more vivid on the reproduction. Also the bars along the edges are flat in the original, but have shading on them in the reproduction that make them look three-dimensional. Could be those details have just faded on my original. Regardless, I like the reproduction BETTER than the original. PPS did a phenomenal job on it!
I got a new lift channel and edge trim for the glass from gatecrasher. Those worked perfectly. I used adhesive felt from pinrestore to help secure the lift channel to the glass. It's nice to have a perfect backglass on the machine. It looks great!

I also have the PPS BG on my Sorcerer. I was wondering if I should Krylon the back of it to help preserve it. Any thoughts here? I like the felt idea and I think I will follow your lead in this regard...

#1431 1 year ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

I also have the PPS BG on my Sorcerer. I was wondering if I should Krylon the back of it to help preserve it. Any thoughts here? I like the felt idea and I think I will follow your lead in this regard...

Don't go looking for trouble , you might find it

#1432 1 year ago
Quoted from gutz:

Don't go looking for trouble , you might find it

What if I go looking for protecting my BG though? Would I also find that?

#1433 1 year ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

I think the single best thing you can do for a backglass is keep it in a stable, climate controlled environment. Maybe replace the 44 bulbs in the backbox with cooler 47s if you are so inclined. I have backglasses from the 1970s that are nearly flawless, with no other extroidanary measures taken. I see no reason you could not expect similar results with your new glass, especially in a home use environment. The Triple Thick technique is good to stablize a glass that is already showing signs of lifting or flaking, but I personally would never use it as a proactive treatment on a new backglass.

#1434 1 year ago

Hello all. I just recently found a Sorcerer in my area. I saw a post a while ago about side art stencils. Has anyone used any stencils in particular, and what are the names/shades of the non black colors? Thank you.

1 week later
#1435 1 year ago

Finally in the club! I've had this atrocity sitting around for 4-5 years, and I played the first game last night Still needs a new backbox, but the resurrection is almost done:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sorcerer-you-are-done-mortal

#1436 1 year ago
Quoted from gutz:

Finally in the club! I've had this atrocity sitting around for 4-5 years, and I played the first game last night Still needs a new backbox, but the resurrection is almost done:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sorcerer-you-are-done-mortal

AWESOME JOB!!!!! How did you do the touch up on the playfield? Hand paint, airbrush, etc? Would love to get mine looking like that...

#1438 1 year ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

AWESOME JOB!!!!! How did you do the touch up on the playfield? Hand paint, airbrush, etc? Would love to get mine looking like that...

Thanks! Large areas of solid color white/black/orange were airbrushed with frisket masking. The rest was touched up hand

thanks!

1 week later
#1439 1 year ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

Hi, thanks for responding.
In test mode it makes sounds while scrolling 1-4 when it gets to 5 it says "feel my" and 6-00 are dead. After around 30 seconds all the sound dies and it will only start again if I reboot the machine.
I hope that makes sense!

Maybe the caps on the sound board need to be replaced?

1 week later
#1440 1 year ago

Anybody need a printed/bound copy of the manual from ipdb.org? I found an original manual to replace my copy version. Free of charge.

#1441 1 year ago
Quoted from gutz:

Anybody need a printed/bound copy of the manual from ipdb.org? I found an original manual to replace my copy version. Free of charge.

Yes, I would like that!

#1442 1 year ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

Yes, I would like that!

Pm me your address, please.

1 month later
#1443 1 year ago

sorcerers
One of my score boards went out, does anyone have one they want to part with?

#1444 1 year ago

Sorcerer is the game that got me hooked on pinball when I was young. I would love to buy a restored minty one if anyone is looking to sell. PM me if you have one near St. Louis or I can pick up at expo as well.

#1445 1 year ago
Quoted from Brent1955:

You might try placing a Wanted to Buy ad in the classifieds section on here.
More folks will see that than will see your post in this thread.
I had a display out on my Sorcerer when I bought it and found a good replacement almost immediately with an ad posted.

#1446 1 year ago
Quoted from Brent1955:

sorcerers

My recommendation: buy a set of x-pin displays and sell your working set to recoup the costs. You will get $50+ for each including the master driver board...

#1447 1 year ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

My recommendation: buy a set of x-pin displays and sell your working set to recoup the costs. You will get $50+ for each including the master driver board...

I did that and boy do I regret it. The originals look much better and the xpin didn't even bother to put the tail on the 6 or 9's. Looks bad.

#1448 1 year ago

Thanks for the advice on the want to buy. I have one started.
Just wanted to check here as well, because some here have great examples and I thought maybe I could convince somebody to move theirs.

#1449 1 year ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Haven't been in this thread in awhile. That's gorgeous! Congrats.

#1450 1 year ago

My display board is getting flakey. Wondering if anyone has put in xpin displays? I was wondering about the xpin board # seeing the display board is different than my comet. Would like to order the right one.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Champaign, IL
$ 21.00
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bellefonte, PA
$ 20.00
$ 129.00
Electronics
Iron Transfer LLC
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Art Prints
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 34.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
Project Pinball Charity
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
£ 32.00
$ 18.99
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 1563 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 32.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside