Topic Stats

• 1,662 posts
  • 169 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by bigfoot53
  • Topic is favorited by 74 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 501 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190609_193514 (resized).jpg
20190609_191201 (resized).jpg
20190609_191112 (resized).jpg
20190605_180533 (resized).jpg
20190604_181223 (resized).jpg
20190604_181215 (resized).jpg
20190531_180715 (resized).jpg
20190530_124659 (resized).jpg
20190530_124647 (resized).jpg
20190530_124642 (resized).jpg
20190530_124616 (resized).jpg
20190526_135930 (resized).jpg
20190526_105150 (resized).jpg
20190526_135924 (resized).jpg
20190526_135920 (resized).jpg
20190526_105254 (resized).jpg

There are 1662 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 34.
#1201 2 years ago
Quoted from FunkyFreshWalrus:

I have officially signed up. I still want a used one!

I got one I'd sell for 100.00 plus shipping. Ed Blair. 573-701-5690.

#1202 2 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

TPF 2017 shirts now available. I think y'all will like the theme.
http://texaspinball.com/tpf/swag/

Those shirts look awesome! I have a question regarding making shirts in general. Am I supposed to get permission from someone to make a shirt with the Sorcerer art on it? What if I am not selling it?

#1203 2 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Those shirts look awesome! I have a question regarding making shirts in general. Am I supposed to get permission from someone to make a shirt with the Sorcerer art on it? What if I am not selling it?

Yes, PPS (Planetary Pinball Supply) currently owns the rights to Williams pinball and you would need to license through them.
If it is for personal use only, and not for sale, no. You can freely make your own personal items.

#1204 2 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Yes. TPF has a license agreement with PPS.

#1206 2 years ago

Sorcerer restorations are no longer being done by me. The printer won't do any more, the few left here still are getting a overlay installed. I suggest people sign up for a new future CPR playfield. Might be a few years out for production.

#1207 2 years ago

Great news!

For those too lazy to follow the link, CPR has announced that "due to overwhelming response" the Sorcerer playfield project officially moved up to pre-order status. So get in there and place your pre-orders and let's show CPR that the overwhelming response continues and they should bump Sorcerer to the front of the line for production! (If you made an "expression of interest" when Sorcerer was in the Boutique Zone, you now need to go back and place a pre-order if you want to commit to buy one, your name doesn't transfer automatically to the pre-order list).

Here's the link to the preorder page: http://www.classicplayfields.com/order.html

#1208 2 years ago

I am on the pre order!!! Just added myself. Yeehaa!!! Now it's time to start working on the cabinet finally.

#1209 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Great news!
For those too lazy to follow the link, CPR has announced that "due to overwhelming response" the Sorcerer playfield project officially moved up to pre-order status. So get in there and place your pre-orders and let's show CPR that the overwhelming response continues and they should bump Sorcerer to the front of the line for production! (If you made an "expression of interest" when Sorcerer was in the Boutique Zone, you now need to go back and place a pre-order if you want to commit to buy one, your name doesn't transfer automatically to the pre-order list).
Here's the link to the preorder page: http://www.classicplayfields.com/order.html

So, how many do they usually make beyond preorders? I ask because i think i would really like a Sorcerer after playing the one at Expo quite a bit, but it will likely be next year at the earliest before i can get another machine.

#1210 2 years ago

Oh My God, It is happening! They are making the playfield!!!

What is the realistic ETA?

#1211 2 years ago

shouldn't be a bad swap either.

#1212 2 years ago
Quoted from QuietEarp:

Oh My God, It is happening! They are making the playfield!!!

Two years probably.

#1213 2 years ago

I hope the CPR playfield happens. This game is one of the great classics in my opinion I have been holding on my restoration candidate for just this moment. Guess I should hold off on that Pop Bumper rebuild now.

#1214 2 years ago
Quoted from nman:

So, how many do they usually make beyond preorders? I ask because i think i would really like a Sorcerer after playing the one at Expo quite a bit, but it will likely be next year at the earliest before i can get another machine.

Quoted from QuietEarp:

Quoted from pinballshark:

Two years probably.

Oh, ok then, nevermind.

#1215 2 years ago
Quoted from nman:

So, how many do they usually make beyond preorders?

I couldn't find anything on the CPR website about this. The website suggests they may not make a ton but hard to say really: "sometimes we still accept candidates onto waiting lists for leftovers or abandoned slots."

I'm assuming pinballshark's two year estimate covers the period until the playfields ship, which would include a number of months when Sorcerer has moved off the "Standard Pre-Orders" list and onto "The Pipe" list, at which point it looks like you can still order one if there are extras (or maybe there's a window where they can still bump up the production numbers?), but you'll pay an additional $50 over the pre-order price. Hard to imagine it won't sit on the Pre-Order list for months or year(s) though, so as much as I'd like to encourage you to sign up TODAY so they can hit their production quota quickly, you're probably safe to wait a bit before signing up!

#1216 2 years ago

Thanks for the info!

#1217 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I couldn't find anything on the CPR website about this. The website suggests they may not make a ton but hard to say really: "sometimes we still accept candidates onto waiting lists for leftovers or abandoned slots."
I'm assuming pinballshark's two year estimate covers the period until the playfields ship, which would include a number of months when Sorcerer has moved off the "Standard Pre-Orders" list and onto "The Pipe" list, at which point it looks like you can still order one if there are extras (or maybe there's a window where they can still bump up the production numbers?), but you'll pay an additional $50 over the pre-order price. Hard to imagine it won't sit on the Pre-Order list for months or year(s) though, so as much as I'd like to encourage you to sign up TODAY so they can hit their production quota quickly, you're probably safe to wait a bit before signing up!

The earlier you sign up, the better your spot on the list for the gold quality playfields as well.

#1218 2 years ago

I preordered mine today!

#1219 2 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

The earlier you sign up, the better your spot on the list for the gold quality playfields as well.

Glad I immediately filled mine out at 1 a.m. when I saw the posting here then!!

#1220 2 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

I'd be happy with a CPR "Pig Iron" grade playfield as it would be an improvement.

#1221 2 years ago

I've got my new sorcerer all cleaned up and ready to go, but the ramp kicker coil and the drop target coil aren't working. I checked the resistance on both coils and both are okay. I pulled the board and checked all of the tip122 transistors and replaced the ones that didn't read correctly. when a ball goes into the ramp trough the machine doesn't kick out another ball. when the drop targets go down, they don't reset. Does anyone have any tips of where I should check next?

thanks,

#1222 2 years ago
Quoted from canoncitypb:

I've got my new sorcerer all cleaned up and ready to go, but the ramp kicker coil and the drop target coil aren't working. I checked the resistance on both coils and both are okay. I pulled the board and checked all of the tip122 transistors and replaced the ones that didn't read correctly. when a ball goes into the ramp trough the machine doesn't kick out another ball. when the drop targets go down, they don't reset. Does anyone have any tips of where I should check next?
thanks,

Switch test for drop target and ramp lock...

#1223 2 years ago

70dcv to the power lug?

#1224 2 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Switch test for drop target and ramp lock...

This, and do the coils work in test mode?

#1225 2 years ago

I think I got in line for a Sorcerer playfield pre-order, but didn't get a receipt email like I did from expressing interest in the Boutique Zone. Did anyone that joined the list get a receipt email?

#1226 2 years ago

I joined the wait list for sorcerer and never got a confirmation email.

#1227 2 years ago

Same here, no confirmation email. Sure hope this happens. I wouldn't mind two - one for my restore and one for the wall.

#1228 2 years ago

I signed up on May 4th and got a confirmation back that day for my Boutique Zone order. Then I signed up again once it went to preorder on Oct 18th. Never received a confirmation for that one.

#1229 2 years ago

No confirmation email here either. Which is odd, since I got them for both EBD and Xenon preorders earlier in the year, and the Sorcerer "interest" order. I thought they were implementing email conf. for all preorders.

#1230 2 years ago

My Sorcerer has started "phantom tilting" again! I was kicking its ass last night and it tilted for no reason. This was discussed earlier up thread and I was wondering if anyone has found a solution as to how I can fix this problem...anyone?

#1231 2 years ago
Quoted from tominator:

My Sorcerer has started "phantom tilting" again! I was kicking its ass last night and it tilted for no reason. This was discussed earlier up thread and I was wondering if anyone has found a solution as to how I can fix this problem...anyone?

Well, first make sure that it's not the tilt actually being activated. Sometimes you can be closer to a tilt than you think you are, or sometimes the slam tilt switch leaves are too close together. If it's definitely happening when it's not supposed to, than it is most likely a diode issue. Diodes on switches prevent other switches from being activated when that switch is activated. Unfortunately, I'm not versed enough to tell you how to figure out which diode is bad, someone else will more knowledge will have to give you some pointers.

#1232 2 years ago
Quoted from tominator:

My Sorcerer has started "phantom tilting" again!

If you rule out mechanical issues, here's how I tackled my first switch matrix issue:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/solving-a-switch-matrix-issue-a-case-study

It wasn't as daunting as I'd feared.

#1233 2 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

If you rule out mechanical issues, here's how I tackled my first switch matrix issue:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/solving-a-switch-matrix-issue-a-case-study
It wasn't as daunting as I'd feared.

wow! Thanks for that...but it looks pretty daunting to me! I hope to get some help locally to try and fix this, and I really appreciate you steering me in the right direction...I will post my results at some point...

2 weeks later
#1234 2 years ago

Quick question for anyone who has the time. I started restoring my Sorcerer again after it took a back seat to more important projects for a while. I have moved to replacing connectors. Pardon my ignorance but in replacing the larger 36 pin connector (sure it has a proper name) I have found that there are 8 pins on the female end and 1 pin on the male end that have no match. Again this may be my ignorance showing but is that how that should be? thank you for any help.

1 week later
#1235 2 years ago

I'm in. Hahaha. I've had this game on my radar for a little while now and I've finally got it. 200 mile one way trip to go and get. It's in pretty good shape considering its age. Has some insert wear so I ordered a decal set. And I'm getting a playfield protector to put down over it.

20161125_154232 (resized).jpg

20161125_165534 (resized).jpg

20161125_165552 (resized).jpg

20161125_165602 (resized).jpg

#1236 2 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

Has some insert wear so I ordered a decal set. And I'm getting a playfield protector to put down over it.

i wouldn't mess with the protector. too much can go wrong. just keep a couple coats of wax on that beast and play the shiz out of it.

#1237 2 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i wouldn't mess with the protector. too much can go wrong. just keep a couple coats of wax on that beast and play the shiz out of it.

What could go wrong?

#1238 2 years ago

first, you have to make sure the inserts are perfectly level or you'll have bubbles. install is tricky. you can't really pull it back up if it's on crooked; bye bye artwork. uneven fade of the playfield. dirt buildup around the edges. i'd rather do a new playfield with clearcoat or clear the original.

honestly, all those options would be too much work for me. like i said, keep the orginal waxed up to prevent further damage. no need to kill yourself over a pinball machine.

#1239 2 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

first, you have to make sure the inserts are perfectly level or you'll have bubbles. install is tricky. you can't really pull it back up if it's on crooked; bye bye artwork. uneven fade of the playfield. dirt buildup around the edges. i'd rather do a new playfield with clearcoat or clear the original.
honestly, all those options would be too much work for me. like i said, keep the orginal waxed up to prevent further damage. no need to kill yourself over a pinball machine.

He's not talking about a playfield overlay, he's talking about a clear lexan protector. Install is no harder than waxing. I have one for my Sorcerer that I need to install yet, but it won't take more than an hour or two at worst. It just lays by gravity over the playfield. I installed one on my Firepower in less than an hour and it only needed one very slight trim on one edge with a sharp knife. It is also easily removable if you decide to do that for some reason.

#1240 2 years ago

I think he is looking at a lexan playfield protector that sits over top of the playfield (non adhesive), and I think you are talking about mylar.

#1241 2 years ago

oh, so it's like a see-through place-mat essentially?

#1243 2 years ago

my bad. i'm learning everyday.

#1244 2 years ago

looks to be a hot topic . i wasn't too far off with my semi-rant.

#1245 2 years ago

I'm in. Hahaha. I've had this game on my radar for a little while now and I've finally got it. 200 mile one way trip to go and get. It's in pretty good shape considering its age. Has some insert wear so I ordered a decal set. And I'm getting a playfield protector to put down over it.

If you find it's a keeper (as I'm sure you will), consider joining the pre-order for the CPR Sorcerer playfield repro here:
http://www.classicplayfields.com/order.html

#1246 2 years ago

I'm still hoping someone makes some repro pop bumper caps. Seems impossible to find originals. Mine needs a set.

#1247 2 years ago

Wow. I bring back a thread and it gets 11 new posts.

Yes it's the clear playfield protector. Its going to get me by until the new playfields come out.

#1248 2 years ago

I'm going to make some plastic protectors but before I do...

Can anyone tell me if this plastic by the right out lane is broken????Looks shorter then the one by the left out lane.

Right
20161202_153717 (resized).jpg
Left
20161202_153738 (resized).jpg

#1249 2 years ago

Can anyone tell me if this plastic by the right out lane is broken???

Yes, that should extend over the post a bit. There is a bit missing there.

#1250 2 years ago

Ok thanks. That's what I figured. I guess I'll have to keep an eye out for one on ebay.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Midlothian, VA
There are 1662 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 34.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside