Sorcerer (resized).jpg
100_4952 (resized).JPG
100_4954 (resized).JPG
IMG_9982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4175 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4176 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6595 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 48.
#1001 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I paid $950 for mine last fall and thought that was fair to both sides. Plays right and boards are in good shape. Playfield is well-worn with some planking, paint worn through to wood above the pops and near both slings (pretty common wear for Sorcerer, which was a well-loved game and as I understand it in the era before significant clear was applied at the factory). Backglass is beautiful with a few tiny imperfections. Cabinet looks nice but there are some scrapes and nicks.
My sense of the market then was nicer ones (i.e. limited playfield wear or competently touched up, excellent backglass, nice cabinet) were going for $1600-$1800. So I figured ~$1000 for a solid players version with significant playfield wear was fair. Of course if you think I got a good deal, I won't try to talk you out of it!

Nah, I know I paid a little more than I should have for mine, but I haven't seen these popping up much lately.

#1002 7 years ago

Imo, from what I've been offered for mine. (Decent cab, cc playfield, mint backglass) 1k for a decent players example is a fair price.

I also picked up a almost working "project" a month or so ago for 550. Obviously region plays a big part in pricing

#1003 7 years ago

I was just playing the shit out of my Sorcerer the other day, and honestly, it is an incredibly balanced game shot wise, and very rewarding when poised in multi ball, and the audio is so great. Does anyone think this game sucks? I have never heard anyone say that. I have owned mine for quite a while, its staying. I keep seeing prices for this game under $1000, and Im baffled... i think it has to truly be one of the best one or two values in this hobby....

#1004 7 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

I was just playing the shit out of my Sorcerer the other day, and honestly, it is an incredibly balanced game shot wise, and very rewarding when poised in multi ball, and the audio is so great. Does anyone think this game sucks? I have never heard anyone say that. I have owned mine for quite a while, its staying. I keep seeing prices for this game under $1000, and Im baffled... i think it has to truly be one of the best one or two values in this hobby....

Probably not for long. Not a lot of sleeper games in this hobby. And production numbers weren't off the charts either.

#1005 7 years ago

I just got a Sorcerer project pin with refurbished boards, needs flippers and pops rebuilt and a new coin door switch wired in, but otherwise a decent player's game that will play beautifully once I'm done with it. I am compiling my LED list; does anybody know the deal with flashers on system 9 games? I switched my PinBot over to LED flashers but this looks like a slightly different concept...not the warming resistor boards I've seen on sys11. Any advice appreciated.

#1006 7 years ago

Any chance someone is making repro backglasses for Sorcerer?

#1007 7 years ago
Quoted from ejacques:

Any chance someone is making repro backglasses for Sorcerer?

Yes. Yes, they are. PPS has them.
BGResto has also done Sorcerer, if you have a problem with PPS. No mirror on the BGResto ones though.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=PP&Screen=PROD&Category_Code=GS-2242&Product_Code=PPS-31-1316-532

#1008 7 years ago
Quoted from sethbenjamin:

I just got a Sorcerer project pin with refurbished boards, needs flippers and pops rebuilt and a new coin door switch wired in, but otherwise a decent player's game that will play beautifully once I'm done with it. I am compiling my LED list; does anybody know the deal with flashers on system 9 games? I switched my PinBot over to LED flashers but this looks like a slightly different concept...not the warming resistor boards I've seen on sys11. Any advice appreciated.

There is a warming resistor board on the underside of the PF, and one in the back box. At least I assume that is what they are. Been working on almost daily, so I've looked at it a bunch.

#1009 7 years ago

The only thing Sorcerer is missing is a gimmick. A toy. I want to put a Dragon/serpent toy over the entrance to the ramp, but clearance from the glass is tricky. I was looking at some Papo dragons, but haven't found anything that resembles the dragons on the sorcerer backglass. This is the closest I found: http://www.amazon.com/Papo-38963-Dragon-Rising-Sun/dp/B0036MDNVM/ref=sr_1_18

I have access to a 3d printer and was considering tweaking some 3d design out there of a dragon to make it fit right. There is tons of stuff out there in blender that can be exported to print. If I do this, I'll share the design so people can print one with shapeways if they want. You'd still have to paint it though.

#1010 7 years ago

Nothing like spending your lunch break looking at kids toys.

Found another potential figurine.

http://www.amazon.com/Papo-Two-Headed-Dragon-Gold/dp/B0036MDNV2/ref=sr_1_273

This one as well, but doesn't match as well with the dragon on the backglass, and I'd have to paint the eyes red and paint over/remove the 2nd set of eyes. The position of this Dragon was the best for going across the ramp entrance without being too tall.
http://www.amazon.com/Safari-Mountain-Realistic-Painted-Figurine/dp/B001Q0VECQ/ref=sr_1_33
Seems like the size would work too.

#1011 7 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Yes. Yes, they are. PPS has them.
BGResto has also done Sorcerer, if you have a problem with PPS. No mirror on the BGResto ones though.
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=PP&Screen=PROD&Category_Code=GS-2242&Product_Code=PPS-31-1316-532

Thanks for sharing. ORDERED! Love this game!

#1012 7 years ago

I'm holding out for a skeleton dragon!

#1014 7 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Sorcerer center plastics and protectors are in and they look great! I have 4 extra sets. Please PM me if you are interested. Thx

Any left?

#1015 7 years ago

Love my Sorcerer!
When was my Sorcerer made?
What are these three things that I found in mine and do they belong to the game?

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#1016 7 years ago

Those are capacitors for the flippers, to help prevent pitting of the EOS switch contacts.

Very early game, has the steel coindoor and red/gold apron (instead of red/yellow).

#1017 7 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Love my Sorcerer!
When was my Sorcerer made?

You have one of the lower numbers on record:
http://www.ipsnd.net/view.aspx?id=2242

Assuming the serial numbers are serial, I think it's probably safe to say that it was made in the spring of 1985.

#1018 7 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Those are capacitors for the flippers, to help prevent pitting of the EOS switch contacts.
Very early game, has the steel coindoor and red/gold apron (instead of red/yellow).

Quoted from kyle5574:

You have one of the lower numbers on record:
http://www.ipsnd.net/view.aspx?id=2242
Assuming the serial numbers are serial, I think it's probably safe to say that it was made in the spring of 1985.

That's really cool to know.
Gotta say: Sorcerer is about as real & honest as pinball gets. I graduated high school in the spring of 1985 so I can't help but think of me and that Sorcerer hitting the streets at the same time only to hook up 31 years later.

#1019 7 years ago

20039 here. Does that makes it the 39th one made?

#1020 7 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:20039 here. Does that makes it the 39th one made?

Damn! I've been beat.

#1021 7 years ago

My serial is 20120, but curiously, all the ROMs on my original MPU are marked prototype. Will someone with an earlier serial number check their board for the same? This might suggest that they didn't necessarily go out sequentially.

#1022 7 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

My serial is 20120, but curiously, all the ROMs on my original MPU are marked prototype. Will someone with an earlier serial number check their board for the same? This might suggest that they didn't necessarily go out sequentially.

protos on mine. I also don't see these online anywhere, so I'll rip them when I replace them with the final version EPROMs.

sorc_(resized).pngsorc_(resized).png

#1023 7 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

protos on mine. I also don't see these online anywhere, so I'll rip them when I replace them with the final version EPROMs.

Mortal #20048 reporting: also Proto.

Is everyone's board also upside down?
I had to edit/rotate the photo after I took it

#1024 7 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Mortal #20048 reporting: also Proto.
Is everyone's board also upside down?
I had to edit/rotate the photo after I took it

My board is upside-down as well. I've got the stainless coinbox so I gather mine's also from earlier in the run (though my serial number is higher than yours).

#1025 7 years ago

All the SYS9 MPUs were mounted with the battery holder at the bottom. At least 3/3 I've had so far have been that way.

#1026 7 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

Which one you think is the other one? ..just curious...

#1027 7 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

Which one you think is the other one? ..just curious...

Stargate.

#1028 7 years ago

Read my post #1003....

I found the guy that does not like Sorcerer at all in any way...all his prerogative of course..

"Mercifully, it was over fairly quickly. I can't think of very many other pins that have left me feeling so unfulfilled"

I think he had to have missed the whole point of the game or somthing, maybe just a bad game?..Of course you have to take with a grain of salt.. he has slugfest, GTB Strikes and Spares and Independence Day ranked above Sorcerer and Tron... (exhale and close browser)

#1029 7 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

Read my post #1003....
I found the guy that does not like Sorcerer at all in any way...all his prerogative of course..

I just assume head trauma at an early age.

#1030 7 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

Read my post #1003....
"Mercifully, it was over fairly quickly. I can't think of very many other pins that have left me feeling so unfulfilled"
I think he had to have missed the whole point of the game or somthing, maybe just a bad game?..Of course you have to take with a grain of salt.. he has slugfest, GTB Strikes and Spares and Independence Day ranked above Sorcerer and Tron... (exhale and close browser)

Weak. Lol

#1031 7 years ago

Too Hawd! Not Faiw!

download_(resized).jpgdownload_(resized).jpg

Games that are too easy are a snooze fest to own.

#1032 7 years ago

I actually love how hard the game is. I got it set steep and outlanes open, tight tilt. Last night I almost beat the top score of around 2.5M (I got around 2.3M). So, a great game. I got bonus hold over going, scored an EB, etc. But his response was "you are done...MORTAL." Lol, brutal but it makes it feel awesome when you actually beat him down and make him call you master. I guess some are just not up for the challenge!

#1033 7 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

I actually love how hard the game is. I got it set steep and outlanes open, tight tilt. Last night I almost beat the top score of around 2.5M (I got around 2.3M). So, a great game. I got bonus hold over going, scored an EB, etc. But his response was "you are done...MORTAL." Lol, brutal but it makes it feel awesome when you actually beat him down and make him call you master. I guess some are just not up for the challenge!

Put lightning flippers on yours to make it a little easier.
-mof

#1034 7 years ago

Hey Guys, I'm still looking for a hi-res scan of this lower part of the PF. I started re-drawing it in illustrator, but a scan would be ideal. I'll paypal someone a few bucks for their time. It is the only thing holding me up from finishing up the PF touch-up at the moment.

cb078d24dd827bb04df1f84a850409b3d116eab5.png_(resized).jpgcb078d24dd827bb04df1f84a850409b3d116eab5.png_(resized).jpg

I'm also noticing a difference in PF color other than the cape on the wizard. Mine has orange around the 2x,3x,4x and shoot again. I see yellow on most of them.

#1035 7 years ago

I could try to get you a decent photo, but i don't have access to a scanner.

#1036 7 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Put lightning flippers on yours to make it a little easier.
-mof

LOL I have actually thought about doing this. I think you were joking, but if you were serious I am interested to hear your thoughts on the lightning flippers. BTW, I whooped him again last night and finally cleared all 4 default HSTDs off the backglass! 2.6M is my new high! I just love to light the spinners, pump them up to 5X and then RIP THEM! The sounds are so great!

#1037 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballholder:

I could try to get you a decent photo, but i don't have access to a scanner.

A hi-res photo would probably work, granted there is no reflections and the angle is accurate enough for me to skew/distort in photoshop to line up the perspective with the scan I made. I'd appreciate it if you have the time to do it. I've made waterslides from photos before for smaller areas.

#1038 7 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

LOL I have actually thought about doing this. I think you were joking, but if you were serious I am interested to hear your thoughts on the lightning flippers. BTW, I whooped him again last night and finally cleared all 4 default HSTDs off the backglass! 2.6M is my new high! I just love to light the spinners, pump them up to 5X and then RIP THEM! The sounds are so great!

I ordered them for my restoration, so eventually when I'm all finished, all post my two cents on here regarding them. I'm pretty excited about using them. After hundreds of games with normal flippers and finally feeling like I can rack up a decent score on it, I'm ready to get my ass kicked again.

#1039 7 years ago

Put four 7 LED strips into my Sorcerer and now wow what a light show when the machine goes crazy

#1040 7 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Put four 7 LED strips into my Sorcerer and now wow what a light show when the machine goes crazy

Do you have them just tied into the standard GI circuit?

#1041 7 years ago

Yup. Just tied in and they really do the trick and I'm not one for loud over-bright LEDs

#1042 7 years ago

That looks nice john. Well lit across the entire playfield with no dark areas. Your 6X bulb appears slightly different but its probably just my old eyes.

#1043 7 years ago

Are all the flashers 63's or are some 89's?

#1044 7 years ago

They're all 63's. Don't forget the two behind the eyes at the back of the playfield! I didn't even know they were back there for the first couple years that I had the machine.

#1045 7 years ago

Here's the thing - I changed all my bulbs to 63's and blew the 2.5A fuse along with blowing some bulbs. A few bulbs even smoked up from the inside and fried. So I went through my trash I was throwing in a Marco shipping box and found that every flasher bulb that was in the game when I bought it & took out was an 89. They all previously worked perfectly. I'm only now having trouble with the 63's...
???

#1046 7 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Here's the thing - I changed all my bulbs to 63's and blew the 2.5A fuse along with blowing some bulbs. A few bulbs even smoked up from the inside and fried. So I went through my trash I was throwing in a Marco shipping box and found that every flasher bulb that was in the game when I bought it & took out was an 89. They all previously worked perfectly. I'm only now having trouble with the 63's...
???

Here is a snippet from the sys 9 troubleshooting guide. Try checking the 5 ohm 10 watt resistor. Somehow, too much juice is getting to the strobe circuit. Did you say some bulbs other than the strobes blew? Strange because the strobes are on the solenoid circuit while the GI lamps and inserts are on the lamp matrix. What circuits did you tap into to add the LED strips?

Capture_(resized).JPGCapture_(resized).JPG

#1047 7 years ago

I have a question for all Sorcerer players: can you light the spinners, start multiball, light 5x playfield and then shoot the spinners for 5x2500 / spin ???

#1048 7 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

I have a question for all Sorcerer players: can you light the spinners, start multiball, light 5x playfield and then shoot the spinners for 5x2500 / spin ???

YES! 12500 per rotation!

#1049 7 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Hell yes. You're best off shooting the right spinner for 12500/spin if your ball's on the left flipper, and shooting the ramp for 150k if your ball's on the right flipper.

It's just silly how many points you rack up when the pf is at 5x. A really good multiball can net you 2 million easy.

#1050 7 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

A really good multiball can net you 2 million easy.

And there is the caveat. I think I loose multiball faster in Sorcerer than just about any other multiball game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 749.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 22.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-sorcerer-cabinet-stencils/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.