Sorcerer (resized).jpg
100_4952 (resized).JPG
100_4954 (resized).JPG
IMG_9982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4175 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4176 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6595 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 48.
#851 8 years ago

I'm still having an issue where the game will tilt during play for no reason, any suggestions?

#852 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm still having an issue where the game will tilt during play for no reason, any suggestions?

I'm no expert on shorts, but I've had a little experience with them now.

Could be a physical short, could be a lose ROM, could be a loose connector (I think?).

Let's start with short question: have you been able to find a correlation between a certain switch and tilting?

(for example) On my Fathom, it was the "1" lane -- and we tracked it down to the MPU (I think). On my Baracorra, it was the "1" lane as well and we tracked it down to a physical short. On my nine ball, I still think it's a random spot on the playfield, and it's more likely a MPU problem.

I would start with reproducability. Try and figure out with the glass off what switches cause it to happen. If you can reproduce it, you are much closer to a fix. Another approach might be to reseat all connections and see if it goes away. Check MPU for socketed ROMs and make sure none seem even "slightly" loose.

That's what comes to mind for me -- there are experts who can offer more advice.

-mof

#853 8 years ago

Thank you very much, I will try all of that.

#854 8 years ago

Looking for replacement spinners for my sorcerer. Anyone have any leads?

#855 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

This sounds stupid but I had to sober up to figure out it was causing tilts on my Sorcerer - make sure the operator manual isn't pressing against your tilt bob and making it extra sensitive!

#856 8 years ago

Sorcerer center plastics and protectors are in and they look great! I have 4 extra sets. Please PM me if you are interested. Thx

20160130_161452_(resized).jpg20160130_161452_(resized).jpg

20160130_161925_(resized).jpg20160130_161925_(resized).jpg

20160130_162507_(resized).jpg20160130_162507_(resized).jpg

20160130_162520_(resized).jpg20160130_162520_(resized).jpg

#858 8 years ago

My first post on pinside - this community seems so friendly, it feels great to be a part of. I bought my first pin and it's a Sorcerer - love everything about it and it's my favourite pin. Just a quick question...I'm in Australia, and I need the drop target decals and the six stand-up targets above the letters

Came out to 51 dollars US for some stickers... Someone had created them themselves and you could print it out....where was that post again?

Thanks for any help you can give....

#859 8 years ago
Quoted from stirfry:

My first post on pinside - this community seems so friendly, it feels great to be a part of. I bought my first pin and it's a Sorcerer - love everything about it and it's my favourite pin. Just a quick question...I'm in Australia, and I need the drop target decals and the six stand-up targets above the letters
Came out to 51 dollars US for some stickers... Someone had created them themselves and you could print it out....where was that post again?
Thanks for any help you can give....

If you ask me, the game looks better without the decals, and they have a tendency to peel off. Back in the day, I never once saw decals on the Sorcerers that were on location. Heck, did they even come with them, or are these aftermarket?

#860 8 years ago

Got a center plastic and protector from wizard mode today. Very pleased with quality and saved me a ton over buying a complete set. Thanks Wizard!

IMG_20160203_160020702_(resized).jpgIMG_20160203_160020702_(resized).jpg

#861 8 years ago

Cool! Looks amazing Dark Truth. Just bought the last set from wizard mode... cheers wizard

#862 8 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

If you ask me, the game looks better without the decals, and they have a tendency to peel off. Back in the day, I never once saw decals on the Sorcerers that were on location. Heck, did they even come with them, or are these aftermarket?

yep. i put new decals on and the milar was bending back on them week 1. trying to hold it down with super glue now. i could definitely be decal-less in the near future. i almost think the decals make it look too busy anyway. plain red targets in there might actually be an improvement visually.

#863 8 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

yep. i put new decals on and the milar was bending back on them week 1. trying to hold it down with super glue now. i could definitely be decal-less in the near future. i almost think the decals make it look too busy anyway. plain red targets in there might actually be an improvement visually.

Are we talking standups, drops, or both? I have the decals from alpha but have not put them on yet...

#864 8 years ago
Quoted from stirfry:

Cool! Looks amazing Dark Truth. Just bought the last set from wizard mode... cheers wizard

Hi all, i ordered a few more sets which I should have in my hands next week. PM me if interested.

#865 8 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Are we talking standups, drops, or both? I have the decals from alpha but have not put them on yet...

the o-r-c-e-r-e fixed targets.

the ones that get hit sideways are the worst. the artwork part of the decal is getting stubbed up and the milar protectant is peeling and bending back. mine were from action pinball.

#866 8 years ago

anything i should know before messing around ball swirls? these just have a lacquer on top of the paint and probably not much left anymore, correct?

#867 8 years ago

be careful and use a magic eraser when planning to clearcoat afterwards. did this on my sorcerer with fantastic results, it did take some time and ellbow grease tough. study vids playfield thread, everything is in there!
good luck

#868 8 years ago

clearcoat or wax?

#869 8 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Thanks for the heads up! Been wanting to see how it for awhile now, I've been checking the background of his videos for weeks and have only seen shots of the sides. Cool to see the playfield a bit-

Caught a nice under playfield glimpse of my Sorcerer in TNT's latest vid! Can't wait to officially join the club in the coming weeks!

#870 8 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

the ones that get hit sideways are the worst. the artwork part of the decal is getting stubbed up and the milar protectant is peeling and bending back. mine were from action pinball.

Have to disagree, mine are from action pinball too and they are holding up very well. About 3 months old, gets played about 5 times a week.

Cheers

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#871 8 years ago

All done! The only thing I am going to want to change is the clear popper caps to the original caps. If anyone has any for sale or knows where to buy some let me know- once it arrives I'll post some pics-

#872 8 years ago

Your playfield and cabinet look really nice!

I thought I might catch him forgetting to replace the flash bulbs behind the eyes, but he got them. I didn't know they were back there for the longest time.

I bet they switched out your pop bumper caps because of how hard it is to find originals that aren't broken. Laser Cue caps are almost identical, if that helps with your search.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-sorcerer-cabinet-stencils/page/16#post-2776218

I think I saw two diodes on one of your flippers. If so, they switched the original System 9 style serial-wound coils to System 11 style parallel coils. You'll probably want to get rid of the weird big black caps on your EOSes and use standard System 11 2.2mfd 250v capacitors.

If they didn't already do it, don't forget to fuse your bridges so it doesn't catch fire!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-bulletproofing-williams-system-6/page/2#post-945742

#873 8 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

Your playfield and cabinet look really nice!
I thought I might catch him forgetting to replace the flash bulbs behind the eyes, but he got them. I didn't know they were back there for the longest time.
I bet they switched out your pop bumper caps because of how hard it is to find originals that aren't broken. Laser Cue caps are almost identical, if that helps with your search.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-sorcerer-cabinet-stencils/page/16#post-2776218
I think I saw two diodes on one of your flippers. If so, they switched the original System 9 style serial-wound coils to System 11 style parallel coils. You'll probably want to get rid of the weird big black caps on your EOSes and use standard System 11 2.2mfd 250v capacitors.
If they didn't already do it, don't forget to fuse your bridges so it doesn't catch fire!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-bulletproofing-williams-system-6/page/2#post-945742

Thanks for the info! All very helpful-

#874 8 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

I think I saw two diodes on one of your flippers. If so, they switched the original System 9 style serial-wound coils to System 11 style parallel coils.

And that's a good thing.

Quoted from kyle5574:

You'll probably want to get rid of the weird big black caps on your EOSes and use standard System 11 2.2mfd 250v capacitors.

I've seen that on a few Sorcerers, but never on a Comet or SpaceShuttle. Those are stock, believe it or not.

#875 8 years ago

My sorc had the big black caps.

#876 8 years ago

Do those caps wear out? They're part of the standard rebuild kit. Those big black caps are 30 years old...

#877 8 years ago

My opinion: dump those caps and use sys11 style coil and cap.

#878 8 years ago

Anytime a Serial Coil burns out, I always replace it with a parallel unit - but I would not replace the coils if they are still good.

FL11630 is the same strength as SFL-23-600/30-2600 if the coils need replacing

Will the caps wear out? Someday I'm sure they will, although I don't think I've ever seen it.

#879 8 years ago

Another new video with more info about my Sorcerer. Anyone in Philidelphia area been to the Capital City Arcade Todd talks about back in the day?

#880 8 years ago

What do you guys think of these? It's the brite caps at pinballlife and a custom decal I made cut with a cricut. My old caps were broken and melted in places and the bulbs were stuck in the sockets. I have no intention of changing them but I was curious what others opinions may be.

20160212_164909_(resized).jpg20160212_164909_(resized).jpg

20160212_164803_(resized).jpg20160212_164803_(resized).jpg

#881 8 years ago

I like the decals! Nice classic look to them.

#882 8 years ago

Love the stickers. I was going to use the jeweled brite cap covers on mine. Looks like they don't sell them anymore?

#883 8 years ago

Looks good ! I like them.

#884 8 years ago

I'm in!
Just got the one that Msch had for sale on here.
It's set up and playing fine.
I love the sound on this game.
Foolish Mortal!

#885 8 years ago

What's an average condition Sorcerer go for these days?

#886 8 years ago

#887 8 years ago

Lol.

That would be a well above average price.

#888 8 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

That would be a well above average price.

Yeah, that may be a bit high. More around $1,100-$1,200 for a decent, fully working game, I think.

#889 8 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Yeah, that may be a bit high. More around $1,100-$1,200 for a decent, fully working game, I think.

A friend bought one last year in good shape. There is some minor playfield wear overall but mechanically it's sound and looks great upgraded to LEDs. He paid $1300.

#890 8 years ago

I'm looking for a really nice copy of Sorcerer if anyone has one up for grabs... Thanks!

#891 8 years ago

My Sorcerer arrived today! Can't wait to get off work! I'll post unboxing pics later- maybe they shipped an Iron man Led by mistake

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#892 8 years ago

Old In a Box (OIB), sweet.

#893 8 years ago

Opened up my Old in Box Sorcerer tonight and had a blast! It's a fun machine and has been restored nicely! Officially in club now!

#894 8 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

up my Old in Box Sorcerer tonight and had a blast! It's a fun machine and has been restored nicely! Officially in club now!

Gorgeous!!! Where did you get the restoration done?

#895 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

TNT

#896 8 years ago

Hey all. I know there are many biased opinions on here about LEDs in your sorcerer. But, I just wanted to give an update on my experience to help anyone else who might be interested. I bought a sampling of LEDs from comet Pinball and I am happy to report that the non-ghosting 2 SMD bulbs exhibit absolutely no ghosting whatsoever on my sorcerer machine. So, if anyone is on the fence about LEDs because of ghosting, I recommend the bulbs from comet! The link to the exact bulbs I got for the inserts is below. I went with standard bulbs for the GI. I ended up paying $100 for over 150 bulbs which is more than enough for the sorcerer. Happy pinballing!
http://www.cometpinball.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=2SMD3528-NG

#897 8 years ago

Any one have a pop bumper cap for sale? Please PM me

#898 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

TNT. Playfield is in great shape, new Rotten Dog LED displays, working great. I'm not a huge fan of LED lights on older pins but I dig them on this one.

#899 8 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

TNT. Playfield is in great shape, new Rotten Dog LED displays, working great. I'm not a huge fan of LED lights on older pins but I dig them on this one.

gosh they did gorgeous work. I remember a Gorgar they did that was also stunning. Looks like they keep upping their game.

#900 8 years ago

looks like pinscore led displays. jealous...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 749.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-sorcerer-cabinet-stencils/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.