100_4952 (resized).JPG
100_4954 (resized).JPG
IMG_9982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4175 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4176 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6595 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

There are 2,386 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 48.
#701 8 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Pretty tough to find a Sorcerer backglass, right?

I believe Bgresto has them. While not an original it would work until a true replacement could be found. Pinballninja.Com has a video showing a sorcerer bgresto.

#702 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Is there a source for just the middle "hand" plastic that always breaks, or do you have to buy the whole plastic set to get that? And is there a set of plastic protectors for Sorcerer?

I've only seen the entire plastic set for sale, but I know that people can make them after market. For example, an associate at Games We Play (www.pinball4u.com) here in southeast Michigan mentioned to me they they can scan in the art from the original broken plastic, touch up the artwork as needed, and print off a brand new replacement plastic for $10-$15 each. Thinking about calling them on some replacements for my BoP and Sorcerer tables...

#703 8 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

I've only seen the entire plastic set for sale, but I know that people can make them after market. For example, an associate at Games We Play (www.pinball4u.com) here in southeast Michigan mentioned to me they they can scan in the art from the original broken plastic, touch up the artwork as needed, and print off a brand new replacement plastic for $10-$15 each. Thinking about calling them on some replacements for my BoP and Sorcerer tables...

Interesting - if you do it please let me know how they come out!

#704 8 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Pretty tough to find a Sorcerer backglass, right? I'm considering buying a Sorcerer, but the missing backglass might be a deabreaker. Thanks.

You could also have a repro made out of vinyl (essentially replace the backglass with a translite). Wouldn't look quite as nice but there are a number of threads covering the technique here and the results look pretty good.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-it-yourself-translites-and-plexi-replica-backglasses

Also, as of six months ago PPS was saying that the Sorcerer backglass run is imminent, so hopefully that's still the case. If you're interested, PPS has an online form to fill out that's linked in that post (which you should, since interest may impact their decision of if/when to run the glass).

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sorcerer-backglass-in-the-queue#post-2389739

If you're looking at the Sorcerer in NH with no backglass I'll be interested to hear how the playfield looks, I took a run at that one but luckily just found one locally.

#705 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Interesting - if you do it please let me know how they come out!

Hey ok. so this thread motivated me to contact Games We Play over here in Michigan. The cost is ~$15/plastic. I'll take a few down to him next week and report back here with pics / comments! Stay tuned...

#706 8 years ago

Joined a couple weeks ago.

It plays fast and mean with the cc'd playfield!!

20151011_203149.jpg20151011_203149.jpg

20151011_202948.jpg20151011_202948.jpg

20151011_202924.jpg20151011_202924.jpg

20151011_202900.jpg20151011_202900.jpg

#707 8 years ago

Has anyone replaced the backglass protectors/binders (the plastic "rails" that clip onto all four sides of the backglass) on a Sorcerer? From reviewing the Blue Parts Catalog I think the following part numbers apply:
- 01-4162-7 (Bottom binder)
- 03-7578-2 ("plastic edge", 28.5", for the top)
- 03-7578-5 ("plastic edge", 20.25", for the sides)

I didn't find these parts available from the usual resellers. Any thoughts on possible substitutes would be much appreciated!

EDIT, to answer my own question, actionpinball.com had the following parts that look like they should work:
Cheaper plastic version of the original stainless lift channel: http://actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=03-8229-28.5
Metal lift channel (currently out of stock here and at Marco): http://actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=BGTRIMSS1/8
Backglass trim package (cut to fit): http://actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=BGTRIM3PC1/8

#708 8 years ago

Nice Paharoah! I want to pik this game up at some point. Cool as hell theme.

#709 8 years ago

Playfield swap complete. Very much worth it. Never played one like this before.

* center post out
* lightning flippers
* outlanes moved up

-mof

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sorcerer-project/page/3#post-2763104

#710 8 years ago

Here's a quick 6min game for ya -- now that's closer to how Sorcerer should play, imo...

(I'll have to erase my old high scores from when the game was in "easy mode" with regular flippers, a center post, and normal outlane posts...)

-mof

#711 8 years ago

gotta quit looking at this thread.. makes me miss mine

#712 8 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Mine is never leaving. Congrats on getting yours back together Mof.

#713 8 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Did you sell it?

#714 8 years ago

Hey does the 10pt switch at your A-B-C-D lanes, advance the A-B-C-D lanes one to the right?
-mof

#715 8 years ago

Looking for high res scans of the front and back of the Sorcerer backglass (planning to make myself a vinyl replacement for use in the colder months when I want to keep my beautiful original in climate controlled safety). If you've got a scan of either or both sides of the backglass, please shoot me a PM, thanks!

#716 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Hey does the 10pt switch at your A-B-C-D lanes, advance the A-B-C-D lanes one to the right?
-mof

Yes. It's supposed to.

#717 8 years ago

Traded for a fathom.. Which lead to a couple more trades.

#718 8 years ago

Question:

Go take the glass off.

1. Earn S-o-r-c-e-r-e-r, light up drop hold-bonus light (demon) - earn it.

2. repeat (earn extra ball)

3. repeat (earn left outlane special light)

4. repeat ...

I'm not seeing right outlane special light up -- but I see it light up during attract mode... hmmm...

Can you try this on yours and report back?

-mof

#719 8 years ago

I wont be home until tomorrow, but if I recall, the left and right special switch back and forth but are never on at the same time. The 4th sorcerer doesnt do anything. The 5th sorcerer immediately rings bell and awards special.

#720 8 years ago

Whoever has LED'd their Sorcerer please chime in here. Does this machine exhibit the same LED ghosting issues as later sytem 11 games do? Do I need to get non-ghosting bulbs (or go the OCD route) if I decide to LED mine?

#721 8 years ago

Also, has anyone here purchased the Sorcerer insert decals like these?

http://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/sorcerer-insert-decals.html?___store=default

I would love to get my insert art looking better. Is a decal set like this difficult to apply with good results? I assume I need to try to scrape off the old decals or clear coat or whatever they used on the original inserts. It almost looks like clearcoat that has worn off of the center sections of the inserts but remains around the inner edges... I really appreciate any feedback if anyone has ever attempted this on a Sorcerer.

Thanks...

#722 8 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I wont be home until tomorrow, but if I recall, the left and right special switch back and forth but are never on at the same time. The 4th Sorcerer doesnt do anything. The 5th Sorcerer immediately rings bell and awards special.

This is correct.

He should also say something like "you are master" I believe

#723 8 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Whoever has LED'd their Sorcerer please chime in here. Does this machine exhibit the same LED ghosting issues as later sytem 11 games do? Do I need to get non-ghosting bulbs (or go the OCD route) if I decide to LED mine?

I put led's in mine and it looked bad and had major ghosting issues. If you go led than I highly suggest Hergs Led OCD board. Otherwise stay with incandescent bulbs.

#724 8 years ago

I was solid non-ghosting LEDs as an experiment -- and went back to all Incannies.

Let me say this. There's a secret to super bright GI. It's not LEDs.

If you want BRIGHT GI from incannies, it's a four step process:

1. power is strong and steady
2. sockets are brand new / bulbs are clean and corrosion free
3. use big fat GI braid 1/8"
4. clean all your bulbs really well, especially the tit

The GI on my Sorcerer is really bright, since I just did a PF restore. Same with my High Speed. Go figure.

-mof

#725 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Here's a quick 6min game for ya -- now that's closer to how Sorcerer should play, imo...
(I'll have to erase my old high scores from when the game was in "easy mode" with regular flippers, a center post, and normal outlane posts...)
-mof
» YouTube video

That was awesome - thanks for posting. I played the heck out of Sorcerer when it first came out back in the day. I've owned three, all respectable copies but sold them all.

If I could find a true collectors quality copy of the original game, I'd grab it.

#726 8 years ago

I just got mine and this is a fantastic pinball machine, wow. I only had a few leds left from coverting Alien poker and tried them in the inserts, no need for non ghosting lights in this pin, the Comet fluted domes LED's look great in both the GI and Inserts. I'll post some pics when I'm done.

#727 8 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

This is correct.
He should also say something like "you are master" I believe

I believe he says that when you beat a high score.

#728 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I just got mine and this is a fantastic pinball machine, wow. I only had a few leds left from coverting Alien poker and tried them in the inserts, no need for non ghosting lights in this pin, the Comet fluted domes LED's look great in both the GI and Inserts. I'll post some pics when I'm done.

Do you have problems with some of the insert leds staying lit when they shouldnt be? Especially extra ball, inlanes, and a,b,c,d. Since you just got yours it might take a little time to notice all the issues.

#729 8 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I believe he says that when you beat a high score.

Both.

#730 8 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Do you have problems with some of the insert leds staying lit when they shouldnt be? Especially extra ball, inlanes, and a,b,c,d. Since you just got yours it might take a little time to notice all the issues.

mine had LEDs put in before I got it and they don't ghost or stay lit.

#731 8 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I'll post any problems as I go.

#732 8 years ago

Should i see it as is or make her more pretty...

IMG_20151015_130713_resized.jpgIMG_20151015_130713_resized.jpg

20151014_214503_resized_1.jpg20151014_214503_resized_1.jpg

20151014_214523_resized_1.jpg20151014_214523_resized_1.jpg

#733 8 years ago

More pretty. At least lose the lock

#734 8 years ago

Looking for high res scans of the front and back of the Sorcerer backglass (planning to make myself a vinyl replacement for use in the colder months when I want to keep my beautiful original in climate controlled safety). If you've got a scan of either or both sides of the backglass, please shoot me a PM, thanks!

Just bumping my request since there's been a lot of traffic in this thread recently! Thanks to anyone that can help me out ...

#735 8 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

If you have inserts lighting when they shouldn't be, you probably have a bad transistor in the lighting circuit. I have a Comet that was lighting inserts when it wasn't supposed to. Tested the transistors, but didn't realize you had to have them out of the game to test. They are so cheap that you might as well replace them when you take them out.

#736 8 years ago

20151022_164619.jpg20151022_164619.jpg

Quoted from fosaisu:Looking for high res scans of the front and back of the Sorcerer backglass (planning to make myself a vinyl replacement for use in the colder months when I want to keep my beautiful original in climate controlled safety). If you've got a scan of either or both sides of the backglass, please shoot me a PM, thanks!
Just bumping my request since there's been a lot of traffic in this thread recently! Thanks to anyone that can help me out ...

I'll offer mine up if someone local is willing to scan it. That's the only spot of damage 20151022_164624.jpg20151022_164624.jpg20151011_195320.jpg20151011_195320.jpg

#737 8 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

If you have inserts lighting when they shouldn't be, you probably have a bad transistor in the lighting circuit. I have a Comet that was lighting inserts when it wasn't supposed to. Tested the transistors, but didn't realize you had to have them out of the game to test. They are so cheap that you might as well replace them when you take them out.

Nope. Incandescents don't, just certain Leds. There are numerous threads regarding this phenonenom. Something to do with the small amount of current that leds run on. These old games were not designed with leds in mind. Anyway, Hergs Led ocd board fixes the problem.

#738 8 years ago

If you led you must ocd.

#739 8 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Nope. Incandescents don't, just certain Leds. There are numerous threads regarding this phenonenom. Something to do with the small amount of current that leds run on. These old games were not designed with leds in mind. Anyway, Hergs Led ocd board fixes the problem.

I misread your post, thought you were having issues, my bad.

#740 8 years ago

Also, I have full leds in both Comet and Sorcerer, no ghosting at all, but I use non-ghosting premium bulbs.

#741 8 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Also, I have full leds in both Comet and Sorcerer, no ghosting at all, but I use non-ghosting premium bulbs.

The non-ghosting LEDs shouldn't ghost at all, i.e. they shouldn't be on just a tiny bit all the time. But they don't help with fade effects" -- incandescents take a second to "ramp up" and "ramp down" when they're powered on or off, and game designers definitely took this into account when programming game lighting. Sorcerer has a great light show that makes nice use of this "slow fade." With LEDs (but no LED OCD) you get immediate on and immediate off, so the game looks "flashier." This may or may not bother you, but it definitely changes the appearance of the light show, and in my view much for the worse. There are sample videos on LED OCD's website that nicely demonstrate this point.

#742 8 years ago

[Duplicate]

#743 8 years ago

I just finished doing the lights and there is zero ghosting with regular LED's.

#744 8 years ago

Are all the flashers 63's in this game?

#745 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Are all the flashers 63's in this game?

Yes

#746 8 years ago

I've used LED in Comet, Space Shuttle and Sorcerer, no ghosting - but no fading either. Just rapid on off controlled lamps.

#747 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

The non-ghosting LEDs shouldn't ghost at all, i.e. they shouldn't be on just a tiny bit all the time. But they don't help with fade effects" -- incandescents take a second to "ramp up" and "ramp down" when they're powered on or off, and game designers definitely took this into account when programming game lighting. Sorcerer has a great light show that makes nice use of this "slow fade." With LEDs (but no LED OCD) you get immediate on and immediate off, so the game looks "flashier." This may or may not bother you, but it definitely changes the appearance of the light show, and in my view much for the worse. There are sample videos on LED OCD's website that nicely demonstrate this point.

I whole-heartedly agree with the OCD theory. But at $150 its a bit of a leap for me at this time. So, based on all the feedback (thanks!) I'm going to get some non-ghosters for the inserts and flashers from comet and hopefully add the OCD to both my BoP (already LED'd) and Sorcerer once my wife gives me enough allowance $$!

#748 8 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

I whole-heartedly agree with the OCD theory. But at $150 its a bit of a leap for me at this time. So, based on all the feedback (thanks!) I'm going to get some non-ghosters for the inserts and flashers from comet and hopefully add the OCD to both my BoP (already LED'd) and Sorcerer once my wife gives me enough allowance $$!

I hear you! One thing to consider is that the non-ghosting LEDs don't work quite as well with LED OCD (the circuitry in the bulbs interferes to an extent with the LED OCD fade effects). I haven't tried LEDs in my Sorcerer, and there are conflicting reports here on whether it suffers much from ghosting. If you've got a few standard LEDs around, might be worth trying them out first in the Sorcerer to see if you think the non-ghosting bulbs are necessary.

#749 8 years ago

Any good LEDs with work in a Sys9 game.

If you see a bulb that ghosts, just replace that one bulb with a non-ghosting.

Don't bother installing all non-ghosts, because Sys9 don't need it.

#750 8 years ago

I hear you guys, I have an LED OCD board in my Tron.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 749.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 2,386 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-sorcerer-cabinet-stencils/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.