Sorcerer (resized).jpg
100_4952 (resized).JPG
100_4954 (resized).JPG
IMG_9982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4175 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4176 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6595 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 48.
#551 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Roughly how many hours did that take you start to finish?
-mof

Mof, Just make sure you take tons of pictures, I think it took me about 5-6 hours to do top and bottom. Not all that hard to take apart, but lets see if I can get it all back together.

#553 10 years ago

What's the best way to get a set of stencils for Sorcerer?
-mof

#554 10 years ago

I would be interested in a set as well if you ever find them

#555 10 years ago

Pm trilogy

1 week later
#556 10 years ago

Hey Fellow Sorcerer fans , My Sorcerer won best in show solid state at MGC this past weekend .

#557 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Hey Fellow Sorcerer fans , My Sorcerer won best in show solid state at MGC this past weekend .

HELL YES !
Guess we should get to see more pics !
-mof

#558 10 years ago

Pics please !!!!!

#559 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I got a chance to play it.
You did an amazing job on it Trilogy.
Absolutely gorgeous. Well done.

#560 10 years ago

4 Sorcerer playfields in for restoration. Expect 2 - 3 month turn around starting today. So far I think there have been about 15+ restores over the last 8 years. I have learned that the many playfields are different for some lense placement & colors screened. Check out the rarer blue cape versions I sometimes receive. If you want more info on the process. www.greatpinball.com Special $500 US shipped back to USA/Canada is in effect now.

Please note my new email: [email protected]

001-780.JPG001-780.JPG 002-465.JPG002-465.JPG 003-15.JPG003-15.JPG 004-11.JPG004-11.JPG
#561 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Guess we should get to see more pics !

Quoted from Tokkentakker:

Pics please !!!!!

I did not shoot pics of it at the show but other people did and there are some pics on the MGC thread . Otherwise I know this thread is getting long but somewhere in this thread I posted pics of the restoration process . I got some help from some great people here on pinside when I needed some parts for this game , and creating the vector art for the cabinet stencils . Thanks Guys .
Also I will shoot new pics of the game and post them soon , I will be giving it a quick cleanup soon and I'll shoot them then .

#562 10 years ago

John, this is great news. I know my Sorcerer playfield was not the blue version, but I love that blue, looks awesome! I cannot wait to get my playfield back and into my game!

#563 10 years ago

That blue one was mine, I guess I never noticed it before... very cool!

#564 10 years ago

The art is fixed so they don't come back with the nice blue cape. Like I have said there was variance in color over all the production playfields.

1 week later
#565 9 years ago

Found this thread searching Google for Sorcerer pics.

I'm rebuilding a set of boards from parts for a customer's sorcerer.

Does anyone have a good pic of an original power supply?

I just want to make sure the PS should have the relay. Some schematics I looked at had the relay jumpered over with a diode installed.

photo 2-362.JPGphoto 2-362.JPG

CPU board has been converted to a single 27c128 CPU ROM at U20, replacing the 2732 at U19 and the 2764 at U20. I also recapped both the CPU and speech board, repaired some damage and missing parts on the speech board, repaired 2 fried transistors in the special solenoid section, and did a little work in the display section of the CPU board so now the displays work and look properly.

Thankfully, there was zero corrosion on this CPU. It got an anyPin NVRAM to make sure it stays that way

PS (can't see, it's under the top deck of the test fixture) got a HV rebuild, fresh cap kit, and all connectors replaced, as they were pretty bad.

A nice reason to give my new to me factory Sys 9 / 11 test fixture to check out some boards

1 week later
#566 9 years ago

Those of you who have replaced your flipper buttons, where did you get them? I currently have incorrect white buttons with a 1" shaft. Pinball Life carries 1 1/8" red transparent buttons, Marco has buttons with the same part number but they're labeled 1" (and no transparent red). Will the Pinball Life buttons need to have 1/8" lopped off with a Dremel?

#567 9 years ago

They're leaf switches, just adjust em.

#568 9 years ago

Does anyone have a source for the red stand up targets? I remember reading somewhere that these older stand-up are different than ones commonly available now.

I guess a person could just replace the plastic circle and rivet back on to the switch, but then I would need to get a tool.. http://abpinball.com/2014/04/24/replaced-space-shuttle-pinball-stand-up-target-faces/

#569 9 years ago
Quoted from KloggMonkey:

Does anyone have a source for the red stand up targets? I remember reading somewhere that these older stand-up are different than ones commonly available now.

I need these also if anyone knows where to get them.

#570 9 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I need these also if anyone knows where to get them.

I found the info on the difference. The newer switches sit about 2mm lower that is the only change. So as long as you replace all of them in a given area no body would notice.

From the look of things I think 2mm lower would be better. Gets it farther away from the plastic above.
targetbank.JPGtargetbank.JPG

#571 9 years ago
Quoted from KloggMonkey:

I guess a person could just replace the plastic circle and rivet back on to the switch, but then I would need to get a tool.. http://abpinball.com/2014/04/24/replaced-space-shuttle-pinball-stand-up-target-faces/

I bought some spare used targets for my sorcerer from the Chicago expo.
I think I bought them off Dayhuff.
Look around eBay for used pinball parts and sometimes you'll come across them.
Space Shuttle and Comet I believe used the same targets (as well as some other pins from that era I'm sure).

1 month later
#572 9 years ago

I had no idea there were two flashers behind the eyes at the back of the playfield. There are five bulbs back there--3x 47/44 and 2x 63. The 47s blink, but you don't get the full effect without the 63s. The guy I bought the machine from had used 89s all over, and those won't light up at all, so I was missing all the flashing effects. I fixed the playfield and backglass when I first got the machine, but it took me years (today!) to figure out I was missing flashers behind the eyes.

If anybody is wondering, the best way to get back there is to raise the playfield and remove the eyes panel from the playfield-side by removing the nine or so black screws. Don't bother with the silver-colored screws holding the playfield bracers--they can stay.

1 week later
#573 9 years ago

Holy crap.
Just had my best game ever.
3 ball. Factory settings. Normal outlanes.
I don't know if it was the perfectly grilled steak or the copious amounts of red wine that helped
image-901.jpgimage-901.jpg

#574 9 years ago

That's a helluva score!

#575 9 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

I had no idea there were two flashers behind the eyes at the back of the playfield. There are five bulbs back there--3x 47/44 and 2x 63. The 47s blink, but you don't get the full effect without the 63s. The guy I bought the machine from had used 89s all over, and those won't light up at all, so I was missing all the flashing effects. I fixed the playfield and backglass when I first got the machine, but it took me years (today!) to figure out I was missing flashers behind the eyes.
If anybody is wondering, the best way to get back there is to raise the playfield and remove the eyes panel from the playfield-side by removing the nine or so black screws. Don't bother with the silver-colored screws holding the playfield bracers--they can stay.

Didn't take me years, but it did take a few months after owning it to realize there were flashers back there.

1 month later
#576 9 years ago

Hey John, any updates on the playfield restorations?

#577 9 years ago

I got all the masking needed for 10 - 12 playfields I believe. Oracle 810 cut at the sign shop. 4 of the 6 playfields ready for masking & white, then 2 coats varethane before printing. 2 playfields are getting multi coats of Varethane, for sanding through the veneer. I will sand them & add more if needed. This happens more than people know with new or used playfields.

There are 2 or more that I haven't started. Things will speed up in September for restorations & new playfields. I will post pictures probably next weekend.

#578 9 years ago

I have a quick question for any Sorcerer owners who may have installed the XPin LED displays. We're you able to use your existing ribbon cables? They moved the connector for the credit/match display to the top of the control board, leaving my existing cable three or four inches short.

1 week later
#579 9 years ago

XPin sent me a longer twenty pin ribbon cable. I am told that the longer cable is included in the BOM for the product now. I'd like to thank both K's Arcade and XPin for outstanding customer service.

Here's a quick pic of the blue Xpin LED displays installed in my Sorcerer. I searched but could not find an example of the blue LED's in this pin when I was considering my purchase. I was on the fence between the red and blue, but am very happy with the results. BTW, as I write this, K's Arcade has these displays at $60 off list price.

BlueSorcerer.jpgBlueSorcerer.jpg

#580 9 years ago

I like that blue!

#581 9 years ago

I dig the blue, but in this color scheme I just don;t think it fits at all. Now if you were talking Funhouse or Whirlwind, then you'd have something.

#582 9 years ago

Blue feels good -- the contrast against the red.
The game is begging for a couple blue LEDs somewhere, but there aren't any scoops or saucers... I'll see if I can find a spot when the PF gets back from John...
-mof

Quoted from zombywoof:

I was on the fence between the red and blue, but am very happy with the results.

#583 9 years ago

There's actually a lot of blue in the backglass art. I think the displays compliment that. Unfortunately, it mostly looks black in my photo.

#584 9 years ago

Are the 6's and 9's cutoff on the blue display or are they like the originals with tails?

#585 9 years ago

There are no tails on the 6's and 9's. I had read that the PinScore displays lacked the tails, too. I was hoping that these might be different. Regardless, I am very happy with them.

SorcererDisplay.jpgSorcererDisplay.jpg

1 week later
#586 9 years ago

First 4 almost ready for printing, next 2 in a few weeks, & starting last 3.

001-32.JPG001-32.JPG 002-157.JPG002-157.JPG 003.JPG003.JPG 004.JPG004.JPG
2 weeks later
#587 9 years ago

First 4 of 9 in for restoration this year are printed. Another 1 - 2 weeks of air curing to off gas before coats of varethane. Then they go for finish clear coats to CPR contractor. 1 had near perfect alignment, 3 were slightly off in places. I have said this over the years that many light lenses were not exactly in the same spot when originally made.

001-24.JPG001-24.JPG
002-542.JPG002-542.JPG
003.JPG003.JPG
004.JPG004.JPG
007.JPG007.JPG
005.JPG005.JPG
006.JPG006.JPG
008.JPG008.JPG

#588 9 years ago

Looks great to me. Ed

#589 9 years ago

I call dibs on the best one! Just kidding. I know they will all be great once complete. Nice to get the first peak at them. Thanks for the update John.

#590 9 years ago

They all have your name or the senders name on them. You can ask. I think 1 or 2 of the first 4 are still being worked on & are next out of the first 6. Last 3 are also getting ready for restoration.

#591 9 years ago

Great stuff John, By chance can you tell me what number I am?

#592 9 years ago

Finger photo ones, not shoot again.

#593 9 years ago

I need a nice playfield like that! Great work as always.

#594 9 years ago

Do any of you guys have some nice custom instruction cards you use? Nothing I've found online have really caught my eye. With the great artwork on this table, I'd like the cards to match.

1 month later
#595 9 years ago

I just got done installing Cliffy's enhanced flipper return frames (A-8108-MOD-L/-R). My old ones were pretty beat up and the ball was bouncing all over the flippers. So much better now. I shot a video during the install.

#596 9 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

I just got done installing Cliffy's enhanced flipper return frames (A-8108-MOD-L/-R). My old ones were pretty beat up and the ball was bouncing all over the flippers. So much better now. I shot a video during the install.
» YouTube video

Awesome vid. I have new Cliffy flipper return frames on ALL of my Williams games. He even custom built a set for Baracorra/Gorgar recently. Cliff rocks.
-mof

#597 9 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

Do any of you guys have some nice custom instruction cards you use?

I use the original instruction card and replace the pricing card with this one from pinballrebel.com.

sorcerer card.jpgsorcerer card.jpg

#598 9 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

I use the original instruction card and replace the pricing card with this one from pinballrebel.com.

sorcerer card.jpg 32 KB

I use the same one. Looks pretty good in person.

#599 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Awesome vid. I have new Cliffy flipper return frames on ALL of my Williams games. He even custom built a set for Baracorra/Gorgar recently. Cliff rocks.
-mof

Wow nice vid Kyle, thanks! And thanks to mof too for always being so willing to lend me parts to replicate and improve. A few others have picked up the new Gorgar/Baracorra frames now and I've just done Flash Gordon/Eight Ball Deluxe frames too.

3 weeks later
#600 9 years ago

Sorry if I missed it but is there a good summary out there of "common issues/things to look for" when buying a Sorcerer? Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 22.50
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 749.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-sorcerer-cabinet-stencils/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.