Sorcerer (resized).jpg
100_4952 (resized).JPG
100_4954 (resized).JPG
IMG_9982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4175 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4176 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6595 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 48.
#501 10 years ago

Sorcerer is at the tippy top of my want list. Can't wait until I find a nice one!

#502 10 years ago

The guy I got this game from, had another nicer one and after playing his I realized this game is just as fun as I remember it as a kid. It was one of my favorites growing up. Very fast and a drain monster!

#503 10 years ago

Anyone have a link to some nice instruction/free play cards? Thanks.

#504 10 years ago

I recreated the factory instruction cards for my Sorcerer, they're a bit more correct than the Inkochnito cards. PM me with your email address if you want the PDF files.

#505 10 years ago

Playfield stripped and on its way to John Greatwich! Next getting started on the cabinet teardown.

Sorcerer playfield bare.jpgSorcerer playfield bare.jpg Sorcerer playfield bare 2.jpgSorcerer playfield bare 2.jpg
#506 10 years ago

Anyone have any idea the correct legs for Sorcerer? Were they originally black or Chrome? I can't find anything that shows for sure what legs go on a system 9 game. Also, did anyone use the Stern leg protectors and the beefed up leg brackets for inside the cabinet?

#507 10 years ago

I used stern metal protectors, and sys 11 legs. I suspect they used the older legs without the groove.

#508 10 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I used stern metal protectors, and sys 11 legs. I suspect they used the older legs without the groove.

Thanks, I figured that would probably be the way to go. I noticed that a few guys have black legs on the game now. It looks good, but wondering if that is how it came factory. Its funny because I want a set of leg for my Whirlwind also and Pinball lie doesn't list Whirlwind as a compatible game for system 11 legs. I know its a system 11c game, but I would think they would require the same legs. I am now wondering what the difference between system 11 and WPC legs are.

#509 10 years ago

The groove in sys 11 legs stops halfway down, WPC and late sys 11 (whirlwind etc..) have a groove all the way.

#510 10 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Anyone have any idea the correct legs for Sorcerer?

The flyer shows it with flat (no groove) legs. Then again, the flyer also shows it with an unpainted coin door, which seems to be pretty rare.
http://ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2242&picno=21261

#511 10 years ago

From what I can gather, they started the run with the Silver Coin Door and started to use the painted black ones for most of the rest of the run. Mine is black. I could be wrong on this though.

#512 10 years ago

I did these Free Play cards the other day, if anyone is interested in them.

Sorcerer2.pngSorcerer2.png

#513 10 years ago

I would like your card for Sorcerer.

#514 10 years ago
Quoted from PittPin:

I would like your card for Sorcerer.

I'm not making or selling these, just sharing the file.

#515 10 years ago

All things Sorcerer. That pretty much sums it up for me right now. Just picked one up and sent the playfield to John for his magic. The backglass is perfect and I have a new set of plastics ready to use. Now I am busy changing out all the corroded sockets and whatnot. My time seems to be split between working on Sorcerer and playing the other machines in the lineup. No complaints here...life is good.

#516 10 years ago

I'll be doing my first ever tear-down in a few weeks to send my Sorcerer PF to John...

I'll open up a new thread for it and document my process in great detail.

It will be my first tear-down. All suggestions welcome.

If you can think of any tools that I might want to have around to make it easier, I look forward to hearing about it.

I just got a tumbler, so at least I'll have all the parts polished and ready when John's done.

-mof

#517 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I'll be doing my first ever tear-down in a few weeks to send my Sorcerer PF to John...

I'll open up a new thread for it and document my process in great detail.

It will be my first tear-down. All suggestions welcome.

My playfield should be getting to John within a day or two an I am going to document my progress on this thread, but probably not in detail. I'm glad a couple other guys are doing this also so that we can help each other out. I have already starting accumulating parts. Gonna tear into the cabinet really soon here.

#518 10 years ago

I just got a sorcerer too. I'm watching you guys on the details. I'm going to clean and clear coat mine, it's in great shape. Thanks for sharing, ed

#519 10 years ago

Good to see the sorcerer torch being carried on.

#520 10 years ago

Can't wait until June in this thread...
There should be more than one CQ Sorcerers baring skin in here... should be hot !
-mof

#521 10 years ago

Hopefully he is still taking reservations, I just messaged him to see if I could hop on the list as well.

#522 10 years ago

For anyone doing a full restore on this game, I just ordered a new set of plastics for mine from PPS yesterday. Pick one up asap if you need one so you are ensured of getting a set. Never know when they may become unobtainium.

#523 10 years ago

Ok, so I am tearing down my cabinet now and am getting ready to buy a sander. I am curious, Kneissl and Trilogy what tools you used to sand the cabinet? This is my first cabinet restore and I am wavering between an air sander and electric. Are either good choices? There is a nice Rigid 6 inch orbital sander at my local home depot for around $100, but it seems there are not as many choices for 6 inch sandpaper. Is a 5 inch a better way to go?

#524 10 years ago

Just remember to sand your cabinet outdoors.

You will never get the lead paint dust out of your garage or basement.

Wear a real respirator $26 (not a "dust mask") while you work.

#525 10 years ago

I thought lead paint was only used till the 70s

#526 10 years ago

Commercially, lead paint was popular well into the 2000s.

Residentially it was used until 1978.

Pinball is a commercial vending machine.

#527 10 years ago

In our lead abatement class, they said that lead paint is still found in commercial products to this day.

( and plenty of other products like window blinds, children's junk jewelry, lubricants, hair dye.....)

#528 10 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Trilogy what tools you used to sand the cabinet?

Air sander DA , 6" and a small DA 2" . If you go with air you need a compressor that can handle these running these tools .

#529 10 years ago

Thanks vid and trilogy. One more question now, What is the minimum pressure you need to run air tools? I have a compressor, but am afraid that it isn't powerful enough to do the job. Its just a 150 psi, 33 gallon tank.

#530 10 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

One more question now, What is the minimum pressure you need to run air tools?

It's more the VOLUME than the pressure. CFM - Cubic Feet per Minute

Your compressor will say how much it can deliver, and your air tools will say how much they consume.

Homeowner compressors tend to overstate their volume, and tools will understate their consumption.... so always get a compressor with more CFM than your tools say they require.

#531 10 years ago

Yep ^^^^ what vid said . It's likely that the compressor you have will be running the whole time and still not be able to keep up with the consumption of an air sander . You will be fine using an electric sander , though .

#532 10 years ago

Thanks guys. I might start with an electric and do air down the road if I get more into this.

#533 10 years ago

Cabinet and backbox have been pretty much stripped. I had not really noticed how much damage this game has attained over the years until I tore it down and really started looking. Apparently someone tried to break into this game as some point as the bottom where the metal piece was was just torn up on the edges.

Backbox stripped.jpgBackbox stripped.jpg front cabinet separation.jpgfront cabinet separation.jpg under damage.jpgunder damage.jpg
#534 10 years ago

Someone spray painted the cabinet solid black and just for kicks my son and I lightly sanded a few spots just to see what we would find. I am not sure why anyone would cover up art that really probably wasn't all that bad in the first place. I am hoping this cabinet is not a lost cause as its pretty solid, but very rough and will need a huge amount of work. Hopefully with a little research I can fix it to where I don;t have any problems with it in the future.

Other side painted.jpgOther side painted.jpg Sorcerer uncovered art.jpgSorcerer uncovered art.jpg front art uncovered.jpgfront art uncovered.jpg
#535 10 years ago

Yeah it looks pretty rough , You should replace any of the wood that is soft or the layers of plywood have started separating .

#536 10 years ago

Trilogy, Funny thing is nothing is soft really. The depressions that appear in some of the under cab pics aren;t soft and I am pretty sure that the legs pressed that area in. The cabinet is very solid still, but you are right on the bottom the layers are starting to separate. With all of the money I am putting into the game I do not want to have a cabinet built. I know Vid had a site that sold pre-cut cabinets but when I went there they show themselves as closed for awile. Not even sure if they make a system 9 cabinet.

#537 10 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

For anyone doing a full restore on this game, I just ordered a new set of plastics for mine from PPS yesterday. Pick one up asap if you need one so you are ensured of getting a set. Never know when they may become unobtainium.

Just got my set. And it came with a bonus.

sorcerer plastics.JPGsorcerer plastics.JPG
#538 10 years ago

I got my plastics Monday. Mine came with Jelly Bellies!

#540 10 years ago

That looks rough to me. Ed

#541 10 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

That looks rough to me. Ed

Yeah, but it looks pretty good compared to most Sorcerers I have seen.

#542 10 years ago

Not bad at all for a sorcerer.
Usually they're a lot worse!

#543 10 years ago

Here's my 1,300.00 one. Ed

image-638.jpgimage-638.jpg image-8.jpgimage-8.jpg image-896.jpgimage-896.jpg image-490.jpgimage-490.jpg image-445.jpgimage-445.jpg
#544 10 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

Here's my 1,300.00 one. Ed

Well I bet you could get him down to $800. $500 gets you a completely restored playfield. Your play field looks pretty good but your cabinet has issues. Who put all those drill holes in it and who painted the front of the cabinet black. I never understand why people paint over cabinet artwork.

image-638.jpg 416 KB

image-8.jpg 262 KB

image-896.jpg 359 KB

image-490.jpg 441 KB

image-445.jpg 391 KB

#545 10 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I never understand why people paint over cabinet artwork.

I've asked homeowners why they painted their pins black.

They say that the game graphics and colors made it look "old and 1970s".

#546 10 years ago

I got the black off of the front and now the artwork shows as seen in pics. It came out great,I guess it was cheap paint. Ed

1 week later
#547 10 years ago

I'll be starting into my Sorcerer this weekend for John... I'll create a new topic for it once I start.
Can't wait to get started...

Any guesses on what the entire time on task will be for a first-timer?

-mof

#548 10 years ago

Cool, keep us posted. Ed

#549 10 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Playfield stripped and on its way to John Greatwich! Next getting started on the cabinet teardown.

Roughly how many hours did that take you start to finish?
-mof

#550 10 years ago

Got my cabinet stencils from Trilogy the other day. Thanks. Now it's time to sand and prep the cab. Hopefully I won't screw it up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 749.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-sorcerer-cabinet-stencils/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.