Sorcerer (resized).jpg
100_4952 (resized).JPG
100_4954 (resized).JPG
IMG_9982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4175 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4176 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6595 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 48.
#451 10 years ago

Thanks Chris. Too funny, the pinball world is a small world indeed.

#452 10 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Congrats Dennis, I knew when Chris called me and said forget it he had a sale pending that it was you. All I asked for was one pic of the playfield with the glass off. Guess I should've just snatched her up no questions asked, the cabinet looked nice anyway. Enjoy!

Ya when guys are asking for pics I'm usually poking cash at the person with the game. It's works every time. I learned my lesson long ago. I tell them I'll take it and go look at it immediately, as soon as I hang up the phone! Ed

#453 10 years ago

Hi All,

I'm nearing the end of my playfield swap but didn't take enough pics of my drop target housing. Would someone be able to upload some pics so i can ensure i'm putting it back together correctly?

Here are a couple of pics of where i'm up to.

Thanks,
Andy
Under playfield.jpgUnder playfield.jpgPlayfield swap.jpgPlayfield swap.jpg

1 week later
#454 10 years ago

Mine is finally finished and couldn't be happier. Greatwich Direct Ink Playfield, everything cleaned all sparkly clean and repainted the cabinet.image-167.jpgimage-167.jpgimage-384.jpgimage-384.jpgimage-453.jpgimage-453.jpgimage-803.jpgimage-803.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#455 10 years ago

So are there plans for repro pf? If so, any timeframe as of now? Mine is blown out and would be a bear to touch up!

#456 10 years ago
Quoted from kray37:

So are there plans for repro pf? If so, any timeframe as of now? Mine is blown out and would be a bear to touch up!

I think the CPR team has the artwork in the works but my gut tells me this playfield won't be made for at least a couple years. But hopefully I'm wrong and we'll get a new sorcerer playfield soon!
Mine's in good shape but I would totally put a new one in.

#457 10 years ago

Doesn't John Greatwich do direct ink playfields? Just ask a few of the guys in this thread, they have them.

#458 10 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Doesn't John Greatwich do direct ink playfields? Just ask a few of the guys in this thread, they have them.

I thought John was not doing sorcerer direct ink jobs anymore?
I could be mistaken. I vaguely remember reading something he wrote in a thread not long ago.
If my playfield wasn't already clear coated I'd totally be up for sending it off to him.
Instead I'm just gonna have to wait and see if cpr makes new ones.

1 week later
#459 10 years ago

My admittedly small victory is overshadowed by all these beautiful restoration pictures, but...for the first time ever, all my pop bumpers are lit! They worked for about a day when I first got the machine, then they all started to go out during play. For a while I could twist the bulbs to add some tension and get them to stay lit. When that stopped working, I replaced one of the bayonet sockets--that one worked for a couple months and then went out like the rest. Finally I gave up and replaced them all with wedge sockets and 555 bulbs. Good riddance!

IMG_0603.jpgIMG_0603.jpg
#460 10 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

My admittedly small victory is overshadowed by all these beautiful restoration pictures, but...for the first time ever, all my pop bumpers are lit! They worked for about a day when I first got the machine, then they all started to go out during play. For a while I could twist the bulbs to add some tension and get them to stay lit. When that stopped working, I replaced one of the bayonet sockets--that one worked for a couple months and then went out like the rest. Finally I gave up and replaced them all with wedge sockets and 555 bulbs. Good riddance!
IMG_0603.jpg 76 KB

Good post, yep, I did the same when I saw the metal crap it came with.
-mof

1 week later
#461 10 years ago

So I'm going to be getting the Pinscore LED display kit for my sorcerer . Just wondering what the hell , orange LED displays are $200 and the red ones are $300 . I wanted to do the red but it is just such a huge price increase . Probably still going red , but just wondering does it cost them that much more to make it red or is it because they make less red ones or what ?

#462 10 years ago

Could someone post a few pictures of their right-side flipper switch assembly? My lane change isn't working, and as I'm going to be rebuilding the flippers I might as well replace the switches. I think there's supposed to be a diode mounted to the lane change switch, which I don't see on mine so maybe that's why it's not working.

My left-side flipper button has a second switch, anyone know what the purpose of this?

And last but not least....I recently bought a two replacement bumper caps for my Sorc. When they arrived I found they didn't match my originals, as they were pad printed instead of hot stamped, so the black & white was printed onto the plastic instead of "melted" into it like with a hot stamp. If someone's got two hot stamped caps that they'd like to trade for my pad printed ones, please let me know. Who would even have known that they were printed two different ways!

#463 10 years ago

The left side flipper button has two switches because of the upper flipper. Unless I'm misunderstanding your question. Not near my machine or I'd post a photo.

#464 10 years ago

No, you got the question right. I forgot that although it's on the right-hand side of the playfield, it's still a left-hand flipper. I'm batting 1000 this week on stupid questions that I should know the answers to.

#465 10 years ago

Here's my right flipper assembly and left flipper button switch.
-mof

201312-sorc-3.jpg201312-sorc-3.jpg201312-sorc-2.jpg201312-sorc-2.jpg201312-sorc-1.jpg201312-sorc-1.jpg201312-sorc-4.jpg201312-sorc-4.jpg

#466 10 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

IMG_0603.jpg 76 KB

Don't fret...the entire GI has gone out on mine...can't figure out what happened.

#467 10 years ago

When I first bought my sorcerer the GI stayed on constantly until I replaced the transistor at Q56. Maybe you're having the opposite problem? Just a guess from a novice so take it for what it's worth.

1 week later
#468 10 years ago

Got my new displays in last weekend . Pinscore LED , They are awesome , very crisp looking ( although can't tell from my shitty pic )Went with Orange , I was considering red but seems more orange color in the backglass art and I just wasn't sure how much I would like the red and with the price difference being so huge for just a change of color I could not justify going red . Suppose I could always put a filter to make them red and see if I like it . Anyways Really happy with the displays and I've Been playing this game a bunch now .

P1010305.JPGP1010305.JPG
#469 10 years ago

I could use a shot of what controls the gate on the right. Isn't it supposed to open after you launch the ball? Not sure if I have the wrong spring or what. Thanks in advance!

#470 10 years ago

Are you asking about the gate that opens and lets the ball come out of the shooter lane ?

#471 10 years ago

If so it's a one way gate and only opens to let the ball out of the shooter lane . Works using a spring . Mech with spring is on bottom side of playfield .

#472 10 years ago

You didn't need the red anyway

#473 10 years ago

I notice my displays dim a bit when all the digits light for high scores.. do you get that?

#474 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Got my new displays in last weekend .

Man, Sorcerer kicked your ass!

#475 10 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I notice my displays dim a bit when all the digits light for high scores.. do you get that?

I haven't seen mine do that , Are they also dim when you when you hit the test button ?

Quoted from kyle5574:

Man, Sorcerer kicked your ass!

Ha ! Yeah I was playing those games with my daughter , she likes to press the start button and plunge the ball but doesn't really care about the flippers yet .

#476 10 years ago

I just waxed my game.. it must have made Sorcerer angry, quickest game of all time.

i'll have to check my voltages, power supply might need some help.

#477 10 years ago

Those are good scores for trilogy

#478 10 years ago

Just had an epic game!
3 ball. Factory settings.
image-104.jpgimage-104.jpg

#479 10 years ago

Nice score there Ranhorton, bested mine by double... mine is so fast on the outlanes its almost demoralizing.. I love the game tho.. I had a ton of guests over and folks really liked it... +1 for the sorcerer...

#480 10 years ago

Thanks ZEN.
I never thought I'd beat my previous high score.
My new goal is to roll the scoreboard.
Should take me a few years
image-23.jpgimage-23.jpg

1 week later
#481 10 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

Nice score there Ranhorton, bested mine by double... mine is so fast on the outlanes its almost demoralizing.. I love the game tho.. I had a ton of guests over and folks really liked it... +1 for the sorcerer...

I was one of the likers. Thanks for having me over Zen. After that night, Sorcerer moved way up on my wish list!

#482 10 years ago

Finally picking up my Sorcerer this week. Guy posted it on CL in early December for $1200. Looked over the picks and pf looked super faded (color under mylar near slings looked good contrasted with center). Took a chance and called the guy and told him that if everything worked, I'd do $700 at the most, which I thought was fair. Finally went there last night after waiting over a month for him to "clean a path to it." Checked it out and it has a really nice glass and cab, clean plastics, good sound, clean boards, plays pretty well (1 dead pop, flipper fuse blowing), but........the pf has some bad touch ups.... Ended up offering $500 before leaving and he wouldn't take it. I was home literally 30 minutes and got a text saying to come get it....doh! Wish the pf was nicer, but for the price, I think I can at least get out of it what I put into it if I decide to upgrade in the future.

#483 10 years ago

$500 is the right price. Leaves you $250 room to shop it. $750 for a faded very playable Sorcerer is worth it, they are just too hard to find, but it's too cool of a game. Start with that, and see what life brings. I went that route, and I'm very happy. If a minty Sorcerer comes along for $1800, I'll grab it, and sell mine.

-mof

1 week later
#486 10 years ago

Interesting.
I'm new to this process/offer so bear with me...
So essentially, we strip down a PF to the wood, and ship it?

1. What is the expected turn around if last call is end of Feb? (30-45 days from receipt?)
2. I have down-to-the-wood wear on mine in a few spots, what is expected in terms of restoring the wood before shipping?
What about inserts/decals?

Can someone here post a completed before/after PF...?

thanks!
-mof

#487 10 years ago

Playfield gets sanded bare & restored. New uv ink. Should be 3 - 6 months. I'm in Texas March 10 - 31.

#488 10 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Playfield gets sanded bare & restored. New uv ink. Should be 3 - 6 months. I'm in Texas March 10 - 31.

Ok, and you need us to commit + ship < March 1st ?
-mof

#489 10 years ago

Or April on when I return from vacation.

1 week later
#490 10 years ago

Is anyone selling the cabinet stencils? I sent my playfield out last week to John Greatwich and would like to paint the cab and stencil it while I await it's return.

#491 10 years ago

2 Sorcerer's have arrived for restoration. $500 US for service.

1 week later
#492 10 years ago

I got black balls and put them into sorcerer this past weekend . I like the way they look . Matt from Backalley makes them .

DSC02494.JPGDSC02494.JPG DSC02495.JPGDSC02495.JPG
#493 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I got black balls and put them into Sorcerer this past weekend . I like the way they look . Matt from Backalley makes them .

Looks great, whats your high score on it?

#494 10 years ago

That playfield looks great! I'd like to see some pics of it. I'm getting ready to shop out mine that I just got. Ed

#495 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Looks great, whats your high score on it?

Just had to reset the high scores because I put in new rule/pricing cards .

#496 10 years ago

I will assume that the early production Sorcerer games featured a metal colored coin door? I am seeing both metal finish and black on these games. I am about to pick up a project Sorcerer to restore that has a black coin door. Doesn't matter to me really, but curious the history of this.

#497 10 years ago

Yes early production games had the stainless steel coin doors . I just assume they were in the process of switching to the other style and used what they had left of the stainless style because they were using those on games before Sorcerer .

#498 10 years ago

I like the black balls too. Especially if they have some writing or design on them. You get an advantage with them because you can see the spin on the ball better.

#499 10 years ago

Picked up my Sorcerer project last Saturday.! Going for a full restore on this baby. Someone painted the whole cabinet black, but everything is there. Got this for $150. I am in the process of stripping the playfield down to send to John Greatwich. Hopefully I can count on some of the experts in this post for some guidance along the way.

sorcerer1.jpgsorcerer1.jpg sorcerer2.jpgsorcerer2.jpg sorcerer3.jpgsorcerer3.jpg sorcerer4.jpgsorcerer4.jpg sorcerer5.jpgsorcerer5.jpg
#500 10 years ago

Very cool, keep us posted. Ed

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 749.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

There are 2,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-sorcerer-cabinet-stencils/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.