100_4952 (resized).JPG
100_4954 (resized).JPG
IMG_9982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4175 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4176 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6595 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

There are 2,386 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 48.
#1 11 years ago

I'm looking for a stencil kit for Williams Sorcerer cabinet . Anyone ever make these? I would like to buy a set . Or if anyone had Vector artwork for the stencils and would share or sell I could cut my own .
Thanks

1 month later
#2 11 years ago

I'm interested too. Any luck?

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I'm interested too. Any luck?

I could also use a set.

#4 11 years ago

No luck haven't found a set . If you can get me the vector artwork I can cut sets , I have a Vinyl cutter . The artwork is kind of detailed and the way the the 2 colors line up sizing and spacing would have to be perfect, so creating the vector images for it would be difficult and time consuming for me (I'm not a pro at this and I don't have the best programs for it). I've created vector images for cabinets before and cut stencils from vinyl and used them and they worked great but I know this one will be more difficult than the games I've done in the past , and I don't have the time to do the work to create the vector images . So yeah I'm kind of at a stand still here with this one .

#5 11 years ago

I might be able to get my wife to do the vector art.. stay tuned.

#6 11 years ago

Here's some pics of a cosmic gunfight for which I created vector images cut stencils and painted . This image is much more simple though and if the second color is off by a few millimeters not really too noticable . The thing thats going to be difficult with Sorcerer is that if its off a little it will be very noticable , the colors must line up perfectly especially in the corners . Applying stencils will be difficult as well.

P1010550.jpgP1010550.jpg P1010550.jpgP1010550.jpg

#7 11 years ago

Oops sorry ,sent the same pic twice. Here's the other one I wanted to post.

P1010549.jpgP1010549.jpg

#8 11 years ago

very nice

#9 11 years ago

similar note; any of you guys know a source for bumper caps?

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

similar note; any of you guys know a source for bumper caps?

Drop me a PM.
I may have one (maybe 2) that aren't cracked.

#11 11 years ago

I'll have to look again to see if any of my bumper caps are alright . I won't be using the originals , I'm putting transparent red ones in . If I have any originals that are decent you can have them , I know for sure one was bad .

1 week later
#12 11 years ago

IMG_4049.jpgIMG_4049.jpgI'm super fired up about my Sorcerer restoration. Sent out my playfield to Captain Neo and started working on vector art for the cabinet stencils. Can't wait to have a beautiful machine.

#13 11 years ago

Other Sconnies have told me that Neo does great work.
Was gonna have him do my Whirlwind when i got it this summer but after i tore it down i realized that it was in much better shape than i though so i held off on having him clear it - for now.

However, my Sorcerer was cleared prior to purchasing (got it from seller in Webster NY who restores games).
Plays insanely fast!
Good luck keeping the ball in play on a clearcoated sorcerer after having more than one beer.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Good luck keeping the ball in play on a clearcoated Sorcerer after having more than one beer.

I plan on giving that a try.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I plan on giving that a try.

Just be careful.
He's watching you with those creepy eyes....

#16 11 years ago

You guys ever pull the nailed in metal rail on your cab? Just careful crowbar work?

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

You guys ever pull the nailed in metal rail on your cab? Just careful crowbar work?

I didn't mess with the rails.
Too worried about potential damage I'd do that I couldn't fix.

#18 11 years ago

Yeah, i'm worried about wrecking my rails. But also want to sand down the whole cab.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Yep ,Take them off All the time every time. They must come off if you want to do a proper paint job. Sometimes they are difficult but its worth it in the end . Yes Prybar at first Just take it slow . Once you've gotten the nail heads up a little grab it with a vice grip and twist and pull them out .

#20 11 years ago

you use any special sprayer / paint on cabinets?

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I'm super fired up about my Sorcerer restoration. Sent out my playfield to Captain Neo and started working on vector art for the cabinet stencils. Can't wait to have a beautiful machine.

Your playfield (even pre-restoration!) looks far better than mine. I'm hoping for a CPR reproduction. I saw that one of their artists hints at one in his bio.

Sorcerer definitely has some of the best pinball artwork I've seen. I'm happy to have mine, even with a torn-up playfield.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

you use any special sprayer / paint on cabinets?

Yes , I use HVLP Sata jet3000 . Also needed is a pretty serious compressor . I use automotive paint .( Primer, sealer , base and clear . ) Not really an original look , But I think it looks much better and its more durable . if you want a more original look Laquer is the way to go . I've done cabinets in laquer also and they came out nice .

#23 11 years ago

Can you recommend an econo sprayer? just straight lacquer paint? base it with black then do the red n yellow?

#24 11 years ago

Econo sprayer would be rattle cans , and I'm not joking , I've used rattle cans on cabinets and they came out nice . Some spray cans have a wider spray pattern and work just fine , Not as good as a spray gun but you can get good resaults .Use laquer spay cans , Don't spray enamel over laquer or vice versa. And I would say don't use enamal at all for a cabinet. Prime it first ,Base it in black but before you put the red and yelow on dust a coat of white primer over the black . Red and Yellow do not cover well.

#25 11 years ago

Any particular brand?

Neo got my playfield.. it's on now!!

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Any particular brand?

Test a few cans and see which you prefer . I haven't really had problems with any of the major brands . I've heard of people not liking Rustoleum Painters touch , But I've used it and thought it was fine, I've also used Krylon that was fine as well . I think either one of those are going to work for you .

#27 11 years ago

Hey, almost got the yellow on the main cab side done.. is it expensive to do a test print and see if it's up to par? I'll send you the file this week if you've got time to take a look and give some pointers.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Yes , I use HVLP Sata jet3000

That isn't just your normal hobbiest gun there. You in the autobody field?

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Hey, almost got the yellow on the main cab side done.. is it expensive to do a test print and see if it's up to par? I'll send you the file this week if you've got time to take a look and give some pointers.

I'll take a look and see what you got going . Probally wouldn't do a test cut , I like to have both layers done before cutting to make sure the sizing is correct on both layers and that it will line up correctly after being cut . I will be able to tell if its going to cut Ok with what you send me though. Its not crazy expensive , but It will go thru about 4 1/2 feet of vinyl and I don't want to waste . Looking forward to see what you've got done .

#30 11 years ago

Cardfelon , Yes I do autobody for my day job , night job is working on pinball.

1 month later
#31 11 years ago

Update for anyone following.. i'm fired up about sorc

photo.JPGphoto.JPG

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Nice work, I would love a set when you're done.

#33 11 years ago

I can link you to the art I did up, talk to trilogy about getting an actual stencil. Anyone have a line on this plastic?
http://www.pinballinfo.com/downloads/pinball/Williams%20solidstate/Sorcerer/plastics/sorcerer_center_target_plastic_graphic.jpg

#34 11 years ago

pic of cut stencils from Kneissl's work . These are the 2 stencils for the 2 colors on the left side od head.

headstencil.jpgheadstencil.jpg

#35 11 years ago

beautiful work, looks great

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Anyone have a line on this plastic?

If anybody did, I'd but two. The last one I saw for sale was broke in the same way that mine is.

#37 11 years ago

That's a super tough plastic to come by.
Luckily mine isn't broken but I'd totally buy another to have on hand since those targets underneath it take a beating!

And those stencils look awesome! I hope you can document the art restoration. Would be a good one for all us sorcerer owners to follow

#38 11 years ago

I was thinking about doing the playfield art on the inlane plastics, if i get a good method i'll do a couple of the center plastics. If anyone else has experience or is fired up about doing it let me know. Will try to do lots of photos when i dig into the restoration.

#39 11 years ago

I'm going to make a vector of the shape of that plastic I know a guy with a laser cutter that can cut the plastic , getting the artwork on it is another story . My plastic is broke as well.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Very nice work. It's great to see someone doing this. Sorcerer is definitely one of my favourites for artwork.

I've just picked up a reconditioned playfield from John Greatwich. Beautiful finish. Looks ceramic. Can't wait to see how fast it is when i drop it in

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from Andyj965:

Very nice work. It's great to see someone doing this. Sorcerer is definitely one of my favourites for artwork.
I've just picked up a reconditioned playfield from John Greatwich. Beautiful finish. Looks ceramic. Can't wait to see how fast it is when i drop it in

PICS!

#42 11 years ago

Here are a couple. There are some very minor imperfections where a couple of inserts didn't line up perfectly but still very happy with it.

Sorcerer_playfield_lower_.JPGSorcerer_playfield_lower_.JPG Sorcerer_playfield_middle_.JPGSorcerer_playfield_middle_.JPG Sorcerer_playfield_upper_.JPGSorcerer_playfield_upper_.JPG Sorcerer_playfield.jpgSorcerer_playfield.jpg

#43 11 years ago

Wow.
Your finisher did a really nice job!
My sorcerer is also cleared with an automotive clearcoat and plays very fast.
And by very fast I mean "good luck following the ball after having more than one beer while playing."

#44 11 years ago

Can't wait for Capt. Neo to finish mine!!

#45 11 years ago

It is a beautiful finish. Want to get it installed ASAP as my old playfield is down to bare wood for most of the lower playfield. Also replaced my dead displays with Pinled displays. Then just need to clean up the cab and it'll be done.

Very keen to see how fast the ball goes on the clearcoat. And more than happy to test the beer theory

#46 11 years ago

Hey Guys,

Had to keep quite on this until they were done...but here is the official announcement from Rick at Planetary Pinball.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=PP&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-31-1006-532

Very limited run...go get 'em!!!

Joe

#47 11 years ago

oh hell yes.

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from PromoJoe23:

Very limited run...go get 'em!!!

Just ordered plastic set ! Also got the sides for stencils cut last night , tonight I will peel out the stencils , cut to cabinet shape and apply transfer film . Kneissl your set will be done soon.

#49 11 years ago

I am also in the middle of doing a complete restore of my machine. I was one of the original John Greatwich Direct Ink guys and waited years to get mine back. It did come back amazing and also had my cabinet repainted.

I'll take pics when it's all done and share. Such a great machine that doesn't get much love. Glad to found others that like it as much as I do.

Joe

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from PromoJoe23:

...go get 'em!!!

Thanks for the heads up!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 749.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,386 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-sorcerer-cabinet-stencils and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.