Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Mitch
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 6 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - wanted

Wanted: Skateball

Added: 2017-11-18 05:22:38 UTC • Ended: February 24th, 2018

Price

Wanted

Looking for a skateball. Any condition but will pay a premium for a really nice one.
Willing to drive up to 10 hours and will consider shipping.

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Mitch's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Mitch's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Wellesley, ON, CA

#2 6 years ago

Saturday bump. Also what do these normally go For?

#3 6 years ago

a lot these days. over 2k even with wear.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

a lot these days. over 2k even with wear.

Wow really? I've heard of a few over the last 6 months under 1500.
But it is what it is all games going up in price.

#5 6 years ago

Honestly, I'd expect a nice one to command $1500+. The Pinside estimate seems lower than any sale I know of recently for one without notable wear
Worn, low 1s. Maybe $900-1400 for one with wear at the shooter lane / bonus section.

Hell, I paid $950 for a beautiful example last year I believe

Silver Spinner is a notorious price gouger, and I expect he'll have one for $3k next week

#6 6 years ago

have collin find you one in the price he stated and see how that works out for ya.
frontier went from a 800 dollar game to a 3k game within a year. so did quick silver.

question: anyone on here who owns a skateball want to sell one in collins price range that is shopped normal shape no issues? if yes, please pm me and ill buy asap. im not gonna tip toe around it, i have cash in hand. same as i stated on this ops other post. Surprisingly, no one has messaged me yet.
the only 2 messages i got both were over 2k.

#7 6 years ago

pinsides value says $830 to $970 with a $900 average. since it says that, why even a post asking about value? just go on that and see how many you can buy at that rate. sorry for trying to help you on this. you asked the same question on another post and i post what i have been seeing them sell for, then you bring my opinion back to this post and then we have collin jump on my opinion without any merit. if you have doubt, just go on what pinside value is and what collin the walking price guide pro says and go with that. keep us posted on finding one in his pro price range or what i have already told you.

#8 6 years ago

I've talked to 8 people this week who have all bought one in the last 6 months. All were between 1200 and 2100 and the 2100 was very nice and listed on Facebook. Still took a few days to sell.

#9 6 years ago

High Prices likely effect new PF's just put in. If no new Pf then 1/2 the 2K this #BrokenRecord dude @silver-spinner is suggesting.

#10 6 years ago

I'd gladly pay well over 2k if new playfield.

#11 6 years ago

Good luck finding one with a new playfield for 2k. Dreamers living in La La land once again....

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Good luck finding one with a new playfield for 2k. Dreamers living in La La land once again....

I never said I expected one with a new playfield for 2k.
I said I'd pay well over 2k which could mean any amount over 2k.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

How much do you want for yours? Send me a pm.

#14 6 years ago

Hell no...just got it. have new plastics, pops, playfield and stencils on the way. This baby is gonna be sweet...good luck on you hunt, I pounced on the one last week on FB HAHA!

#15 6 years ago

Was that the one in Ohio? I just missed it. The playfield looked really nice on it. If you want to sell the original after your swap let me know.

#16 6 years ago

Yep...that's it. The playfield is ok, it has some paint missing in the upper left area. Coindoor skin has seen better days and cabinet paint wear around flipper buttons. Its an awesome game!

#17 6 years ago

I recently finished my Skateball, I did a playfield swap with a CPR silver, restenciled cab with Pinball Pimp stencil kit (AWESOME product btw), has original "perfect" backglass, new coin door skin, previous owner had replaced all the plastics and hardware on the original pf so swapped all that stuff over, SBA center coin slot with SBA door decal

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from Blenderhead:

I recently finished my Skateball, I did a playfield swap with a CPR silver, restenciled cab with Pinball Pimp stencil kit (AWESOME product btw), has original "perfect" backglass, new coin door skin, previous owner had replaced all the plastics and hardware on the original pf so swapped all that stuff over, SBA center coin slot with SBA door decal

Let me know when you want to sell.

#19 6 years ago

I finally bought a nice skateball for 750. Put in a new MPU cleaned it up and fully functional fast playing for 1000

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Good luck finding one with a new playfield for 2k. Dreamers living in La La land

I would happily pay $2000 for a nice Skateball with new playfield. O-Din has the nicest one I have ever seen (fully restored) and I offered him $3000 for it, he laughed at me and told me he paid $5000

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I would happily pay $2000 for a nice Skateball with new playfield. O-Din has the nicest one I have ever seen (fully restored) and I offered him $3000 for it, he laughed at me and told me he paid $5000

There is a huge difference between a new playfield and fully restored

#22 6 years ago

I am presently re-populating a Skateball playfield that I refurbed. It is no RonKruzman (sp?) and is no CPR, but it looks pretty good.
I will be putting it back into the cab in a week or so. I am debating refurbing the cab, but don't know if it is worth it.
Does not have a backglass, so I was going to buy one from CPR. However, if someone is interested in the game, then they could buy the backglass as easily as I could.

Located in Brampton, Ontario.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from schmoo:

I am presently re-populating a Skateball playfield that I refurbed. It is no RonKruzman (sp?) and is no CPR, but it looks pretty good.
I will be putting it back into the cab in a week or so. I am debating refurbing the cab, but don't know if it is worth it.
Does not have a backglass, so I was going to buy one from CPR. However, if someone is interested in the game, then they could buy the backglass as easily as I could.
Located in Brampton, Ontario.

Pm sent

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-skateball-2?hl=knoler and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.