• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WorldsSeries_Jigsaw01.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0052.JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 9 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - wanted

Rockola World's Series or Jigsaw

Added: 2015-04-02 21:32:16 UTC • Ended: May 9th, 2015

Price

Wanted

I'm looking for one of the Rockola flipperless games (I don't have whatever ridiculous price Army Navy fetches). I don't see a lot of discussion about these, I don't know if that's because there isn't a ton of interest on Pinside or there isn't a ton of interest period. If there's a better place I should be looking I'd appreciate being pointed there.

Prefer a fully working or restored game.

Hopefully I have better luck finding one of these than a TX-Sector... (or Centigrade 37. Atlantis? Vector? Someone want to dump my want list on me please?)

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are DefaultGen's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to DefaultGen's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Raleigh, NC, US

#2 9 years ago

I have a fully restored Rockola World Series done by Bill Heatherly. Top of the line work done by one of the best. Email me at [email protected]
Joe

#3 9 years ago

Joe,

I've seen yours and it looks perfect but I think it's too nice for my price range. I'm hoping to find something maybe $2500 or under. If that's not something I can find, I'll eventually settle for one of the cheap prewar pinballs I think.

#4 9 years ago

The Jigsaws are hard to get a price on as there are not many around but I think you would be paying more than $2500 for a nice one. Mine was restored by Hal O'Rourke who was an expert on these games.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rockola-worlds-fair-jigsaw-pictures

#5 9 years ago

If I can't find a Rockola, maybe Day One Pinball will make something almost as cool one day. We have the technology...

#6 9 years ago

Yes I gave about $5,000 into mine, was selling for $4,500 but its a museum quality restoration. The issue is always you're going to payba few thousand for a decent example then you gotta find the right person to restore to ensure it's dialed in properly. Many have broken castings which are impossible to find. Parts can be an issue too. Good luck it's a wonderful game.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Yes I gave about $5,000 into mine, was selling for $4,500 but its a museum quality restoration.

Do you have pics?

Quoted from PinballSTAR:

The issue is always you're going to payba few thousand for a decent example then you gotta find the right person to restore to ensure it's dialed in properly.

so true

#8 9 years ago

Okay, okay, my hopes are dashed, I didn't realize how expensive these were I suppose. Maybe I'll settle for a Bally Fleet if I find one, I really enjoy the 1930s games I've played. Or I'll go back to fruitlessly searching for a TX-Sector. At least I can afford and repair that one. Just can't find one for the life of me.

#9 9 years ago

can someone post a picture of the World Series pin we are talking about? I may know of one here that I can pick up.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

can someone post a picture of the World Series pin we are talking about? I may know of one here that I can pick up.

IMG_0052.JPGIMG_0052.JPG
#11 9 years ago

I know of one that needs the diamond part worked on but other than that it looks good. I can get it for 1200.

#12 9 years ago

If you're patient, you can find the World's Series for $800-$1200. They do pop up (there have even been a few on eBay within the last year; last completed auction was for $1100). Jigsaw is more of challenge though.

#13 9 years ago

yea you can find one cheap but guaranteed it is missing parts or if you have cracked or broken cast iron mech you are done. Someone remade them years ago once for a limited run. These things are run by all mechanical parts, springs (that must be perfect size / strength) and parts that Hal used to make to perfection. It's a wonderful mechanical wonder but it's gotta be dialed in and all parts unworn and working well for the game to perform as its designed. Trust me I have bought cheaper projects that never got restored because of missing or worn parts that were unattainable. Finally I succumbed and bought a better example and still had to get it restored. The most frustrating thing is to have such s cool machine you can never get to work. I eventually got a JigSaw and finally completed the trifecta with an Army Navy. I have all 3 now and will never sell them. You won't see all the together often. The WS I am selling is a duplicate for me.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Someone remade them years ago once for a limited run.

That was me.

#15 9 years ago

I had fun with the ones I had, and enjoyed restoring them. I recall getting a few bits from Hal (R.I.P.; this was 20 years ago), but a lot of the smaller parts can be fabricated too. And it is possible to replace the awful pot metal gear on a World's Series with a modern equivalent, by adapting some correct 'fins' on it. They are truly mechanical marvels, and pretty easy to work on and restore. But it is important to get them with all the main parts present. I still run across World's Series (not so much Jigsaw), but satisfied my interest in them a long time ago.

I did keep copies of the instructions and other paperwork for them though, just in case...

WorldsSeries_Jigsaw01.jpgWorldsSeries_Jigsaw01.jpg

#16 9 years ago

I just sold my Jigsaw for @ $1200 to a fellow pinsider, so there are some out there for under $2500. It is in excellent condition.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-rockola-worlds-series-or-jigsaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.