(Topic ID: 122542)

Wanted: Ripley\'s Believe It or Not! (Stern, 2004)

By tp

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_1216.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 9 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - wanted

Ripley's Believe It or Not! (Stern, 2004)

Added: 2015-03-26 13:21:55 UTC • Ended: June 12th, 2015

0 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

Wanted

Item description

Looking for a rbion for $2500. If anyone has one at this price point I'll pick up immediately in or around n/e pa. Thanks.

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are tp's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to tp's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Wilkes-Barre, PA, US

#2 9 years ago

Fun Game

Getting to Atlantis is going to keep you busy

Good Luck on your quest

Pin Fest coming soon too might be one there

#3 9 years ago

I'm near you and I did too.

I ended up paying $3400 for a pristine one, had to drive to VA to get it. If you don't mind a not HUO and all that jaz one, you might get it for what your looking for. Good luck.

I know of at least 1 maybe 2 in the area, but none at that price. I probably would have settled for less than perfect for $2500.

#4 9 years ago

Great game!
I picked up a super nice one a while back.
It's a keeper
Good luck,they are our there.

#5 9 years ago

I want one at 2500 too

#6 9 years ago

What a great game

#7 9 years ago

Yep, this a a great game! You'll love it.

#8 9 years ago

Couldn't sell rbion fast enough.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Yep it's a tough one

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Quoted from TheLaw:

Yep it's a tough one

Interesting. What is it about the game you guys didn't like?

I recently added it to my list of potential games to buy. I have only played a few times, but I like the odd theme and seems like a deep rule set. Also seems relatively cheap to own a Pat Lawlor pin.

Would be interested to hear the pros / cons from you guys. Blackbeard, I know you and I share a love of WH20 so I am interested in your opinion.

#12 9 years ago

Just couldn't get into the game. Mine wasn't dialed in so I sold it cheap.

It also felt cheap in quality to me. I've owned a few lawlor pins and I've sold them all. Not a fan of his designs at all. The varitarget contraption was odd.

Just not for me.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

It also felt cheap in quality to me. I've owned a few lawlor pins and I've sold them all. Not a fan of his designs at all. The varitarget contraption was odd.
Just not for me.

:PS)love me some Ripleys.someone must have gotten a killer deal on that one! to bad you don't hate white water lmao

#14 9 years ago

I really enjoy mine. Challenging shots, It is a keeper for me. I also like WH2O.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Interesting. What is it about the game you guys didn't like?

Oh no, I love it. Probably a little too tough for Blackbeard so I was just poking
It's got some super tough goals to it, which is awesome. Even if you can kick the things ass, it's still Extremely tough to get to Atlantis, and Frog Frenzy is unbelievably hard.
It's not perfect, but I can't imagine selling mine.

As for build quality, it was my first Stern, and it's completely as rock solid as my Wh20 or other W/B games.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Just not for me.

I thought it was the general "Stern cheapness" position that made you sell it? I only remember because I was trying to get it from you

I'm not going to deny that newer sterns have a different feel from the older Bally/Williams games, but I realized if I ever want to get into any of the newer games that have come out since they closed their doors, I needed to get over it and I have.

I think its 1/2 mental. Yes the left flipper buzzes when you hold it, the playfields don't have the nice mechanisms to hold them up when your working on them, and other small indescribable things... but there is still good gameplay to be experienced and they are solidly built so wasn't going to deny myself of them.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

As for build quality, it was my first Stern, and it's completely as rock solid as my Wh20 or other W/B games.

Agree! RBION is built as well as any BW I have

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Agree! RBION is built as well as any BW I have

+1, sterns from that era were built very well (tspp, LOTR) Rbion is a very reliable pin if cared for, like most things. It does not feel cheap at all. It's one of the hardest pins around with a lot of variety...great mode based game.

#19 9 years ago

Ripley's is my second favorite game of all time. It is such a challenge. I can't see ever selling mine. If you can find one at $2500 grab it quick, that would be a really cheap deal!

#20 9 years ago

I got it new in box and has been solid for the past 10+ years. Ok, a wire did break off of the a sling... but I soldered that back in 10 seconds.

I'm always shocked this game is avail for some of the prices I see. I think it got hurt hard by some loud people that didn't like it at launch. Time is showing RBION's true value.

DSC_1216.jpgDSC_1216.jpg

I wish you speed in finding one!

#21 9 years ago

***alert***alert***price increase**
2600 for the weekend crowd.

#22 9 years ago

RBION was the best NIB purchase I have ever made (excluding Tron LE). Still have the game and still play it regularly... and I still suck at it (my Grand Champion score is over 7 yrs old...I can't beat it). Got it when no one wanted them (2007). I think I still have part of the box somewhere too.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from tp:

***alert***alert***price increase**
2600 for the weekend crowd.

It's not impossible, but your going to need some serious planets aligning to get a good one at that price. Don't give up.

I thought the planets had aligned for me when Blackbeard was selling his decent sounding one a while ago at a very good price and he isn't lying when he says he couldn't get rid of it fast enough. I tried to buy it from him but he sold it before the weekend when I would have been able to drive up and get it. He sold it faster than I could buy it.

I eventually just said screw it and ponied up the extra grand for a really nice one.

#24 9 years ago

For me, I grabbed it because it was cheap in price. I got it at a good price. Got it home and played it a bit and just didn't like the pf. Parts felt cheaply made. Granted this was my first Stern (and perhaps last) I've purchased. Also wasn't a fan of the veritarget or weird plastic head.

I also don't get into Funhouse, TZ or TAF for that matter. I'm not into Lawlor games for some strange reason. WW stuck around the longest, which I thought was better than average, but not the top system 11. That would go to Taxi in my book.

ANyway, to each their own.

TP if you like RBION get one. That's all that really matters anyway.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Parts felt cheaply made. Granted this was my first Stern (and perhaps last) I've purchased.

Shiz bro...those were the GOOD days of Stern...I mean it had service rails and everything
No "gold dust" in them thar hills.

#26 9 years ago

There is one on Chicago CL 4200

#27 9 years ago

Mine is not going anywhere!

#28 9 years ago

When I sold my T2 had my RBION in background of the photo, had more people email/text me about that game than the T2 I had for sale. I enjoy it too much and wouldn't let it go either.

#29 9 years ago

I sold mine a few months ago, but only to get a TZ, the best lawwlor game out there. They are very simlar in layout.

#30 9 years ago

Fantastic game good luck on your search

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

They are very simlar in layout.

They usually are

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

RBION was the best NIB purchase I have ever made (excluding TRON LE). Still have the game and still play it regularly... and I still suck at it (my Grand Champion score is over 7 yrs old...I can't beat it). Got it when no one wanted them (2007). I think I still have part of the box somewhere too.

Same here, totally agree (except I didn't buy mine NIB)...those two are the best games in my collection. Mine is bolted down, never leaving.

#33 9 years ago

Mine came out of the box in 2009, LEDs and mirror blades, it's great. Good luck finding one for $2,500.

#34 9 years ago

I'd pay $2750 myself. I wouldn't sell my nice one for less than $3500

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

It's not impossible, but your going to need some serious planets aligning to get a good one at that price. Don't give up.

I guess they lined up in Atlanta for me this past Sunday I picked one up for exactly $2600, it works 100%, just needs a good cleaning, new rubber rings, etc. Cabinet and playfield in nice condition. I've wanted one for awhile, held out until the right deal came along. Just be patient, it will happen.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from sckurk:

I guess they lined up in Atlanta for me this past Sunday I picked one up for exactly $2600, it works 100%, just needs a good cleaning, new rubber rings, etc. Cabinet and playfield in nice condition. I've wanted one for awhile, held out until the right deal came along. Just be patient, it will happen.

You're welcome!

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from sckurk:

Nice! I also don't have many, if any contacts. I imagine someone with 33 machines (listed) in their collection probably has some decent pinball connections. I could be wrong.

#38 9 years ago

I'd still pay $2750 for one as nice as mine.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from PINBELL:

You're welcome!

Pinbell is a good guy and great to deal with. Enjoyed seeing his super nice collection, we've done a couple deals and I look forward to more. Highly recommend him as someone to buy from.

#40 9 years ago

I want one for $2000.00 please.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from pinaholic:

I'd still pay $2750 for one as nice as mine.

If that's a hint pinaholic let's talk.

#42 9 years ago

I bought a nice one not long ago for 2600 looked new huo and had all leds and a sub and lots of other mods . but for sum reason like blackbeard I didn't care for it much but unlike him im a huge pat L fan but something about it just didn't click with me so I sold it for 3100 and kept the sub and some other things it came with so it all worked out well.my friend just picked one up and I helped him go over it and adjust some things and played a few games and still its missing that something that tz, rs, taf, ngg do for me that it dont .

#43 9 years ago

Funny thing is I've never seen or played one. It'll be interesting to see what side of the fence I fall on love/hate. The pin just seems to grab my attention from pics and discriptions, although a bit risky with all the love it or hate it talk. I just wish someone would sell me one so I can find out for myself. Got gas in the car and money in my pocket, it's Saturday and I'm ready to come get it, someone out there needs cash please take mine.

#44 9 years ago

I've never seen or played one either, how funny. I got my roommate hooked via The Pinball Arcade, so I've been looking for one around NJ for the past six months. Everyone seems to want from $3200 to $3800. I'm in the same price range as you, $3200 would probably be my high mark. I think a lot of people LED them out and assume that adds to the value, which for me it doesn't. If I want LEDs in it, I'm going to want to hand pick each one and tweak it out myself. Besides, I heard that this particular table has a gradual dimming effect in the light show that LEDs don't reproduce.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-ripleys-believe-it-or-not-stern-2004 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.