You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
the_dude_opinion_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - wanted

Wanted: Radical! (Bally, 1990)

Added: 2016-01-11 01:59:06 UTC • Ended: September 3rd, 2016

Price

Wanted

Would love to put a Radical! By my Mousin Around and Gameshow. Could purchase or trade my player's condition Stargate +/- cash.

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Bbismuth's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Bbismuth's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Arnold, MO, US

#2 8 years ago

I passed on one as my first machine 4 years ago. I've been kicking myself ever since. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

#3 8 years ago

I know they are pretty rare. I'm holding out hope though. There was one in Springfield a couple months back that I missed by minutes.

#4 8 years ago

Possible not socially accepted but obsessively compulsive bump.

#5 8 years ago

Wednesday night, beer-induced bump.

#6 8 years ago

Bump

Also, how the hell did this ice cube in my freezer grow a stalagmite?
image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#8 8 years ago

Just watched a Deadflip episode. He has a Radical. At the risk of sounding like a hipster, Deadflip did not prompt me to want a Radical. I love System 11 Bally's. I have two. I would be up to trading the complexity of Stargate for the joy that my System 11'a bring me. Surely someone out there would do this. I'm up to driving 5 to 6 hours.

#9 8 years ago

Radical! is surprisingly complex. It does a great job of making you spread the play field, it doesn't get more complex than having to hit about every shot on the play field or else the next guy is in line to steal your lock.

Also, the PAPA tournament ROMs are great for this game. The PAPA ROMS de-randomize the mega jackpot so it makes the game fair.

Good luck with your search, Radical! isn't THAT hard to find, but it's not easy for sure.

Quoted from Bbismuth:

I would be up to trading the complexity

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Radical! is surprisingly complex. It does a great job of making you spread the play field, it doesn't get more complex than having to hit about every shot on the play field or else the next guy is in line to steal your lock.
Also, the PAPA tournament ROMs are great for this game. The PAPA ROMS de-randomize the mega jackpot so it makes the game fair.
Good luck with your search, Radical! isn't THAT hard to find, but it's not easy for sure.

Maybe complexity isn't the right word. I'd be willing to trade a DMD modes-based machine with wizards for non-modes based, alpha numeric fun.

Thanks for the comment!

#11 8 years ago

Agree.

I prefer system 11s to Dmds.

And Radical! IS hard to find.

#12 8 years ago

No it's not, I have had 2 in the last couple years. Was fun at first but became a snooze fest after a couple months. Happy they are gone.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from HoneyBadger:

No it's not, I have had 2 in the last couple years. Was fun at first but became a snooze fest after a couple months. Happy they are gone.

Maybe they are geographically concentrated? I don't see them often. When they do pop up, they are gone in an instant. However, I'm not inside a big circle of traders. I'm low on funds and pinball friends. I'm basically at the mercy of Craiglist finds.

As for getting bored with it, I've had my MA and Gameshow the longest and don't ever see them leaving. It takes all kinds, I suppose.

#14 8 years ago

I picked both of mine up in the states. One in Ohio and one in New York which was for sale on pinside for sometime. MA is a better game but if you still like Gameshow then ya you won't get bored of Radical as Gameshow is terrible.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from HoneyBadger:

I picked both of mine up in the states. One in Ohio and one in New York which was for sale on pinside for sometime. MA is a better game but if you still like Gameshow then ya you won't get bored of Radical as Gameshow is terrible.

Ok

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from HoneyBadger:

Quoted from HoneyBadger:

MA is a better game but if you still like Gameshow then ya you won't get bored of Radical as Gameshow is terrible.

the_dude_opinion_(resized).jpgthe_dude_opinion_(resized).jpg

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from TG:

the_dude_opinion_(resized).jpg

TG, want a Stargate for that Radical? I'll meet you half way. Ha!

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from Bbismuth:

TG, want a Stargate for that Radical? I'll meet you half way. Ha!

I'd love to help you out, but I am not of the opinion that it is a snooze fest and don't see it leaving anytime soon. Good luck with your hunt!

#19 8 years ago

I've been playing Stargate tonight. I love how most of the modes aren't timed, but are only dependent on keeping multi ball going. Is there any other game like this? I'm kind of worried now that I'll miss it if I trade.

Long story short. Still looking for a Radical. I might just have to buy it out right.

#20 8 years ago

I used to have a girlfriend that didn't like watching UHF when I needed a Weird Al fix. I'm so glad I dumped her, even though she made the best potato pancakes I've ever tasted.

Bump. Someone surely needs a change in their pinball lineup. Someone with a Radical. Someone who wouldn't mind that Radical finding a home that would love and cherish it forever.

I want some potato pancakes now.

#21 8 years ago

I played Radical at a show this weekend at it was pretty cool. Tons to shoot for

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

I played Radical at a show this weekend at it was pretty cool. Tons to shoot for

It would look PERFECT by my other two Speaker-topped Bally System 11's. I'd eventually love to own all the yellow ribbed-flipper Bally's.

I've actually never played a Radical. Is there one around St. Louis I could try out?

#23 8 years ago

Not sure. This Radical I played was at the Arcade Expo in Cali this last weekend. Hopefully Bugs Bunny Birthday Ball doesn't have yellow ribbed flippers, that game blows.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from Bbismuth:

It would look PERFECT by my other two Speaker-topped Bally System 11's. I'd eventually love to own all the yellow ribbed-flipper Bally's.
I've actually never played a Radical. Is there one around St. Louis I could try out?

I had mine at CP Pinball for a while, about a month or so long I guess. I made a post on here about it when it was up there.

Everyone loved it!

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from 320Gigabytes:

I had mine at CP Pinball for a while, about a month or so long I guess. I made a post on here about it when it was up there.
Everyone loved it!

PM me. I'd be happy to share my games if you're interested. I'd love to give Radical a few plays. Unfortunately, CP is gone for me.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

Not sure. This Radical I played was at the Arcade Expo in Cali this last weekend. Hopefully Bugs Bunny Birthday Ball doesn't have yellow ribbed flippers, that game blows.

BBBB doesn't have the blessed yellow flipper. I've never played it, but I've heard you're not too far off the mark.

#27 8 years ago

Bump

#28 8 years ago

This is how obsessed I am. I went back and found an email exchange I had a few years back where I passed on an $1,100 Radical. It would have been my first machine. I'm kicking myself. Agh!!

On a positive note, I'm a teacher and THERE'S A SNOWDAY TOMORROW!!!!

#29 8 years ago

Good luck on your search. Maybe you could go out on your snow day tomorrow and do some "Radical" snowboarding to tie you over for now?

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

Good luck on your search. Maybe you could go out on your snow day tomorrow and do some "Radical" snowboarding to tie you over for now?

With my coordination that would lead to extended medical leave. Btw, I see you have the Mousin' guy avatar. What an amazing game! It will NEVER leave my collection.

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from Bbismuth:

It will NEVER leave my collection.

Don't blame ya there!
I never played a Mousin' back in the day, but as a system 11 fan, I grabbed one when I had a chance figuring, How wrong can you go? I would rank it right up there in the top 5 system 11's anyway. Might be #1 for me.
Radical is another 11 that I would like to play, and probably own too someday. If you happen to find 2 of them in your search, drop me a PM. lol

#32 8 years ago

I still have hope that this can happen.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-radical-bally-1990-1994 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.