Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Classic_Stern
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

P1010670_(resized).JPG
1456981648354_(resized).jpg
1456981534549_(resized).jpg
RS_After_(resized).jpg
100_0292_(resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

Wanted

wanted

Wanted: Quicksilver (Stern, 1980)

Added: February 23rd, 2016 Ended: March 6th, 2016

Item description

Willing to pay $3,000 for a restored or CQ Quicksilver. Let me know if you have one of these available. Thanks.

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Item location

Lake Charles, LA, US

Seller insights

These are TigerLaw's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to TigerLaw's stats page

#2 3 years ago

Bump - hope you will find your grail pin soon.

#3 3 years ago

Damn! Classic Sterns are getting some love! Good luck with your search! Let me know if you get a lead on non-CQ Quicksilvers!

Marcus

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Damn! Classic Sterns are getting some love! Good luck with your search! Let me know if you get a lead on non-CQ Quicksilvers!
Marcus

It is there lightening quick game play. Your Dragon Fist is what really made me give these older Sterns a closer look.

#6 3 years ago

Don't think I have ever seen a CQ QS. They all seem to be pretty beat! Took me a couple years to find mine, now I'm hoping for a CPR playfield...

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Don't think I have ever seen a CQ QS. They all seem to be pretty beat! Took me a couple years to find mine, now I'm hoping for a CPR playfield...

Pinsider Classic_Stern has a CQ Quicksilver. NOS everything I believe. It plays ridiculously fast and is a completely different beast than the machine that was on Bowen's video.

I believe a few others have some very nice examples as well.

Marcus

#8 3 years ago

Not sure if "CQ", but I have a pretty nice one, restored and cleared PF, mint BG, no planking in cab and clean. I wouldn't sell it for 3K, that's for sure. It's a great game, one of my favorite early SS.

Good luck in your search.

#9 3 years ago

There was a beautiful (appeared to be) fully restored and clearcoated one at the TPF last year, you might want to see if the exhibitor list from last year is available somewhere. A lot of love went into that machine though, don't think it was for sale at the show.

#10 3 years ago

That Quicksilver was my favorite game at TPF last year. Along with DragonFist, Paragon and Rolling Stones. Just 3 more weeks!

#11 3 years ago

I have a feeling that was the pinsider Classic_Stern's that xerico was talking about

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

That Quicksilver was my favorite game at TPF last year. Along with DragonFist, Paragon and Rolling Stones. Just 3 more weeks!

This year you will be able to enjoy some other great Bally & Sterns.

Marcus

#13 3 years ago

Quicksilver is one of those games that quickly convinces you that ramps aren't required to have a fast, flowy game.

#14 3 years ago

If Gary has indeed gotten the rights back from his ex-wife for the Classic Sterns, I wish he would just start making them again.

If he can make the much more complicated "The Pin" and deliver it to my door for $2500; he could certainly make some simpler Quicksilvers and Stargazers.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If Gary has indeed gotten the rights back from his ex-wife for the Classic Sterns, I wish he would just start making them again.
If he can make the much more complicated "The Pin" and deliver it to my door for $2500; he could certainly make some simpler Quicksilvers and Stargazers.

And Seawitch and Catacomb and...
This would be great if he could do that.

#16 3 years ago

Contact RedKetchup, he has a CQ Quicksilver. Same guy who built himself a Stargazer. 3K USD is 4K CDN and no tax/duty for you to ship and re-import it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/classic-stern-gopro-series

#17 3 years ago

No no no no no no TigerLaw. I would looooove to have a Quicksilver, but I think you want too much. Being greedy is not a good thing. I have been looking closely to Quicksilver playfield and I am very intrigued and curious to play that game. I hope I can see one in the Dallas show.
I am afraid you have to make a choice and exercise some self control.
Quicksilver or P3.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from PavBall:

Quicksilver or P3.

*looks up*

This is the obvious downside of your spouse surfing pinside and following you around.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from PavBall:

No no no no no no TigerLaw. I would looooove to have a Quicksilver, but I think you want too much. Being greedy is not a good thing. I have been looking closely to Quicksilver playfield and I am very intrigued and curious to play that game. I hope I can see one in the Dallas show.
Quicksilver or P3.

But when is P3 money due?
Might be a year or so away

Probably best to get Quicksilver now while you wait

#20 3 years ago

Ali is the Greatest !!!!

100_0292_(resized).JPG

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

But when is P3 money due?
Might be a year or so away

I think that P3 will be due within the next few months (I believe first 6 months of this year).
We already are in the pre-order list for P3.

By the way, Pdxmonkey, we are flying to PDX right now and we are going to see monkeys at the zoo tomorrow at Portland, which is our favorite zoo in US.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from PavBall:

By the way, Pdxmonkey, we are flying to PDX right now and we are going to see monkeys at the zoo tomorrow at Portland, which is our favorite zoo in US.

Yes, sadly no time to visit Ground Kontrol this trip. That will make two trips to Portland in a row for us with no Ground Kontrol visits.

#23 3 years ago

Shucks, well I hope you have a good trip up here.

It's raining now, there's a guy up here with a quicksilver if you two can squeeze it in he might let you play a few games

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

It's raining now, there's a guy up here with a quicksilver if you two can squeeze it in he might let you play a few games

Really? That would be pretty awesome! We will have some time Sunday evening (we are taking the red eye back to Houston). Is he a Pinsider?

#25 3 years ago

He is
I'll pm you tiger

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

He is
I'll pm you tiger

You are awesome Pdxmonkey. I hope to get to meet you soon.

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

The Quicksilver at the show was a friend of mine. "Dothedoo" on here. We did the playfield together. I cleared it. He then "tweeked" it to the max. Plays like a "dream". I have one at my house I restored in 2002 and won best of show at the TPF. Again cleared field. The Stones in the tourney area was mine. I also have a restored FIST....Full up with cleared field and repainted cab.

RS_After_(resized).jpg

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

I have one at my house I restored in 2002 and won best of show at the TPF.

Looking forward to meeting you in person at TPF this year!

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yes, sadly no time to visit Ground Kontrol this trip. That will make two trips to Portland in a row for us with no Ground Kontrol visits.

So, it worked out for us to hit Ground Kontrol after all. We are in rout now.

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

The Quicksilver at the show was a friend of mine. "Dothedoo" on here. We did the playfield together. I cleared it. He then "tweeked" it to the max. Plays like a "dream".

I hope it will be making a return in a few weeks?

#31 3 years ago

Hey i have a quicksilver in pretty good shape if you're serious. The score board art is flawless, the game table is bright and looks great the only condition concern is one sensor is bad. Its still very playable. I can send you pic/video if you are serious. I am in phx az.

1456981534549_(resized).jpg

1456981648354_(resized).jpg

#32 3 years ago

I love mine.

I've shopped out / restored 3 other Quicksilvers over the past 2 years

P1010670_(resized).JPG

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from Law:

There was a beautiful (appeared to be) fully restored and clearcoated one at the TPF last year, you might want to see if the exhibitor list from last year is available somewhere. A lot of love went into that machine though, don't think it was for sale at the show.

And still not for sale, sorry.

Good luck with your search!

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

And still not for sale.
ยป YouTube video

Stern "JUNK"!!!!....

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside