(Topic ID: 244236)

Wanted: Quicksilver (I will overpay for it.)

By getadam

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 120 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Ronnie1114
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7944 (resized).JPG
IMG_7933 (resized).JPG
IMG_7937 (resized).JPG
IMG_7930 (resized).JPG
IMG_7653 (resized).JPG
IMG_7651 (resized).JPG
IMG_7650 (resized).JPG
IMG_5491 (resized).jpg
61694784_763579460711409_4656048546649210880_n (resized).jpg
94B78688-D8C6-4429-87D4-A3AECA22AC87 (resized).jpeg
Star Gazer and Quicksilver (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 11.49.57 AM (resized).png
Quicksilver Shooter Cabinet (resized).JPG
Quicksilver complete cabinet stencil (resized).JPG
Quicksilver Reassemble 1 (resized).JPG
20190602_112153 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider methos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#47 4 years ago

QS is one of the best, if not the best early solid state games IMO. I used to collect early Ballys until I played QS, Nine Ball, Sea Witch, SG, Stars, etc. When I go from a good classic Stern to a Bally, I get bored real fast. Having said that, Stern also made some duds playwise like Viper, IM, etc.

The only one that comes close to QS is Dragonfist. I've only had mine for a few weeks, and it's like a combination of QS and SG. Still trying to determine which one gets the #1 spot.

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Where have you played viper and IM? Both are very good players imo

Yes and I didn't like either of them. Art is fantastic, but neither are much fun to play, at least to me.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Iron Maiden and Viper are NOT great playing games. They are rare and only valuable for that very reason.
I feel the same way about Quicksilver and Nine Ball. I always preferred Nine Ball. Now, even more because it's quite a bit cheaper than QS. I may feel different if I grew up playing Sterns but from my perspective, Nine Ball is the best playing Stern (not most valuable) in much the same way that EBD is the best playing Bally.

Nine Ball is a great game. The drop bank is integrated nicely, but I wouldn't expect anything else from a Kirk game. I wonder if this was the last one he designed for Stern....

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I have both, I prefer QS. I wish someone wanted to over pay for my Dragonfist.

It's close, both just never get old. One thing that QS has is the spinner rips are 2nd to none.

#111 4 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Yes, yes they were.
Besides light sockets that fall apart when you change the bulbs, cabinets made out of recycled crap, flipper assemblies, trough arm mechs, pop bumper rings, leg plates, the way they stapled the cabinets, the cheap inks used on BG's, thin as hell playfield inserts... So many MORE things were just thrown together. Also, unfused S.Driver boards that catch fire!
I've repaired and owned a slew of them in the last 15 years and they are all made of crap. ALL of them. It's one reason I like them so much. Gives them some great character and it's a fun challenge to keep them running.
The only superior part(s) in my mind were the lockdown bars themselves (not the receiver part), and the drop target assemblies seemed to hold up better.
When they migrated to plastic pop bumpers assemblies (F2K), it got a little better but VERY little.
They were significantly cheaper than NIB Bally machines in the late 70's and prior to F2K. They were cheaper for a reason.
Don't you remember 15 years ago when you couldn't sell any of them because they were all considered absolutely inferior to every game Bally made from 1977~1983? Nobody would touch a Meteor or Flight2K, everyone wanted Kiss and Eight Ball Deluxe.

I collected Bally games` for the first few years as well, then I played a QS and a Meteor and I was shit, these things are fun.

Centaur is a great example. Game play has always been "meh" to me but nice to look at.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider methos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-quicksilver-i-will-overpay-for-it?tu=methos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.