(Topic ID: 244236)

Wanted: Quicksilver (I will overpay for it.)

By getadam

10 months ago

Topic Stats

• 120 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Ronnie1114
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 25 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_7944 (resized).JPG
IMG_7933 (resized).JPG
IMG_7937 (resized).JPG
IMG_7930 (resized).JPG
IMG_7653 (resized).JPG
IMG_7651 (resized).JPG
IMG_7650 (resized).JPG
IMG_5491 (resized).jpg
61694784_763579460711409_4656048546649210880_n (resized).jpg
94B78688-D8C6-4429-87D4-A3AECA22AC87 (resized).jpeg
Star Gazer and Quicksilver (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 11.49.57 AM (resized).png
Quicksilver Shooter Cabinet (resized).JPG
Quicksilver complete cabinet stencil (resized).JPG
Quicksilver Reassemble 1 (resized).JPG
20190602_112153 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 10 months ago

Iron Maiden and Viper are NOT great playing games. They are rare and only valuable for that very reason.

Regarding Quicksilver and Nine Ball, I've always preferred Nine Ball. Now, even more because it's quite a bit cheaper than QS. I may feel different if I grew up playing Sterns but from my perspective, Nine Ball is the best playing Stern (not most valuable) in much the same way that EBD is the best playing Bally.

#52 10 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Where have you played viper and IM? Both are very good players imo

Yes and I didn't like either of them. Art is fantastic, but neither are much fun to play, at least to me.

#53 10 months ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Iron Maiden and Viper are NOT great playing games. They are rare and only valuable for that very reason.
I feel the same way about Quicksilver and Nine Ball. I always preferred Nine Ball. Now, even more because it's quite a bit cheaper than QS. I may feel different if I grew up playing Sterns but from my perspective, Nine Ball is the best playing Stern (not most valuable) in much the same way that EBD is the best playing Bally.

Nine Ball is a great game. The drop bank is integrated nicely, but I wouldn't expect anything else from a Kirk game. I wonder if this was the last one he designed for Stern....

#54 10 months ago
Quoted from Methos:

Nine Ball is a great game. The drop bank is integrated nicely, but I wouldn't expect anything else from a Kirk game. I wonder if this was the last one he designed for Stern....

Just a killer game I've been lucky enough to discover recently.

But this is about Quicksilver!!

#55 10 months ago

Looks like everything is available to build your own Quicksilver except for the backglass… has BGResto done these and they aren't on the blog?

#56 10 months ago

I love that we’re all talking Classic Stern. Quicksilver (and it’s price) will always bring out the best in our forum habits.

Don’t even get me started on Lazer Lord!

#57 10 months ago
Quoted from Methos:

Yep, Stars, Meteor, and Nine Ball were Kirk's 3 classic Stern games. All are awesome (as is Quicksilver, good luck to the OP for finding one, it's worth finding)!

#58 10 months ago

No one is talking about Split Second here...

#59 10 months ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

That's because it was created by someone in pinball that actually matters.

#60 10 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

At least nobody brought up Catacomb!

Well, Levi, let me bring up Catacomb I think you played Catacomb in a tournament and got your ass kicked. Didja

Catacomb is a great game. It takes a bit to learn how to play it, but once you cross that threshold there is no looking back. I would not want to play Catacomb in an arcade because it is a pocket picker, but at home............It is a nice addition to a collection.

#61 10 months ago

So we are still not past the point where Pinsiders think that people only like games that they can play well and are not too "complicated"? Thought we were past all that.

Catacomb is too much of a garbage luckbox. Always has been. Does not matter if you know how to play it. Been playing it in 4 player groups for 15 years...

Possibly a bit harsh but I do believe too much of the game's "skillful features" rely too heavily on luck. Just an opinion. Could be totally off on my asertion. I have BOTH won and been beat dandily on the game many, many times.

#62 10 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Well, Levi, let me bring up Catacomb I think you played Catacomb in a tournament and got your ass kicked. Didja
Catacomb is a great game. It takes a bit to learn how to play it, but once you cross that threshold there is no looking back. I would not want to play Catacomb in an arcade because it is a pocket picker, but at home............It is a nice addition to a collection.

Luckily, no, I havn't had the displeasure.

#63 10 months ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Regarding Quicksilver and Nine Ball, I've always preferred Nine Ball. Now, even more because it's quite a bit cheaper than QS. I may feel different if I grew up playing Sterns but from my perspective, Nine Ball is the best playing Stern (not most valuable) in much the same way that EBD is the best playing Bally.

IM is a strange game. Not sure I like it. Viper thr more I play it seems to grow on me but still kinda blah.

#64 10 months ago

Viper is actually a really fun game. I bought it for the art, but after you actually spend time and learn it, there is a lot going on and fun to shoot/challenging.

Lot of people bag on it, but guessing few have even played one.

The biggest issue is the rotating mech is a PITA and slows stuff down. Wish it moved quicker.

#65 10 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Viper is actually a really fun game. I bought it for the art, but after you actually spend time and learn it, there is a lot going on and fun to shoot/challenging.
Lot of people bag on it, but guessing few have even played one.
The biggest issue is the rotating mech is a PITA and slows stuff down. Wish it moved quicker.

Agreed.

#66 10 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Viper is actually a really fun game.

Well, Shaq Attaq is also actually a really fun game. But good luck convincing anyone of anything on Pinside.

I rewrote the rule sheet if anyone cares...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shaq-attaq-membersfans-only/page/2#post-4980893

#67 10 months ago

I posted a very nice Shaq project for sale for $900. No responses. Am I invisible?

#68 10 months ago

Gotta love Pinside. We have now moved from a "Quicksilver wanted to buy" discussion to Shaq attack.

I will play along with a math equation

Price of Mirco Quicksilver Reproduction Playfield = Price of Gottlieb Shaq attack entire game

#69 10 months ago

But does Quicksilver say “the ramp the ramp”?

#70 10 months ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

I posted a very nice Shaq project for sale for $900. No responses. Am I invisible?

If it was in NY I’d be interested! I personally like Shaq and Space Jam and a few other “turds” I think Gottlieb/Premier gets a bad wrap ‘cause they were willing to experiment.

#71 10 months ago

as simple as this game is and as much it is fetching i am Suprised Gary Himself didn't approve a remake of it to cash in some quick bucks even if it is to a small few people . Less wire and no dmd and already owns the rights . WIN WIN/ Quicksilver Remake coming sooNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

#72 10 months ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I think Gottlieb/Premier gets a bad wrap ‘cause they were willing to experiment.

Some good Gottlieb/Premier titles. I personally like Genesis. Really like Surf N Safari and absolutely love TX-Sector.

#73 10 months ago

I remember telling many friends that I had found a fully working nice condition Quicksilver for $1800 shipped to me for them to pick up and they ALL passed! I wasn’t trying to flip it, as it is very rare in FL but now the same friends are looking for one lol

#74 10 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

But fathom is so much better IMHO
Better art, theme, and game play.
The rarity is a big one for quicksilver, but if they are really fetching 8-10k then I think I would build one from scratch.

I have two Fathoms and they would both be sold well before I would consider selling Quicksilver

#75 10 months ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

I have two Fathoms and they would both be sold well before I would consider selling Quicksilver

Yes Sir! Brian. How many emails did you get about the second Fathom? Keep me in mind

Mark Salas

#76 10 months ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

I need to come play your QS. I have played 3 of them and honestly it has done very little for me. I need a session with a real lover to try and see what it is...

#77 10 months ago
Quoted from PinFever:

as simple as this game is and as much it is fetching i am Suprised Gary Himself didn't approve a remake of it to cash in some quick bucks even if it is to a small few people . Less wire and no dmd and already owns the rights . WIN WIN/ Quicksilver Remake coming sooNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

A new quicksilver wouldn’t be the same as an old quicksilver.

#78 10 months ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

Want it to be fun but found it lacking in that dept. Code was never completely finished on it.

#79 10 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I need to come play your QS. I have played 3 of them and honestly it has done very little for me. I need a session with a real lover to try and see what it is...

Next time you are in the Boston area, look me up. Mine plays exceptionally well. Anyone who has been over to play it can attest it's the nicest QS experience they have ever played

#80 10 months ago

Sold my QS last year at York but if anyone is willing to overpay for an original Iron Maiden, I still have one!

#81 10 months ago

QS is a killer game. I actually put DF ahead of QS slightly but most haven't played QS since there were so few made. Cheetah is amazing but not as fast since it's a widebody. Amazing simple rules. Big Game is the sleeper because it's still pretty cheap but not for long. They're getting hard to find.

#82 10 months ago
Quoted from kklank:

I actually put DF ahead of QS slightly but most haven't played QS since there were so few made.

I have both, I prefer QS. I wish someone wanted to over pay for my Dragonfist.

#83 10 months ago
Quoted from kklank:

QS is a killer game. I actually put DF ahead of QS slightly but most haven't played QS since there were so few made. Cheetah is amazing but not as fast since it's a widebody. Amazing simple rules. Big Game is the sleeper because it's still pretty cheap but not for long. They're getting hard to find.

My Big Game is nailed to the floor. I had a chance to sell it awhile back but passed because I did not want to take a chance on selling and not be able to replace it.

#84 10 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Put it up for sale. It'll happen.

#85 10 months ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

2.5 years ago I bought a bunch of parts games and half games out of a warehouse. There was a nice lower half of a QS that I could have had for $50. I didn't know much about it and didn't feel like lifting it down from the shelf it was on.

I remember bidding on a working QS at an auction back around 2001. My bid was $300. It sold for $325. That was a lot for a game back then. IIRC it was a family that bought it for their rec-room. Man those were the days.

#86 10 months ago

I have my QS set up fast and mean. Spinners are also dialed in. This picture was taken at the tail end of the restoration. Bumper skirt was adjusted (for those who like to point out things that are wrong and correct apron was added!

61694784_763579460711409_4656048546649210880_n (resized).jpg
#87 10 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ahh maybe that’s the new Stern retro RUSH project like they did with Beatles

#88 10 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

It's close, both just never get old. One thing that QS has is the spinner rips are 2nd to none.

#89 10 months ago
Quoted from getadam:

Ad listing: Wanted: Quicksilver (I will overpay for it.)

I should meet this OP sometime... sounds like we have a lot in common. Other than maybe a couple nice finds in my collection, I think I’ve pretty much overpaid for all the rest.

#90 10 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Hey now - I really like Dragonfist, but unfortunately for you, I'm considering a high end Gilligan's island ...

#91 10 months ago
Quoted from Methos:

It's close, both just never get old. One thing that QS has is the spinner rips are 2nd to none.

Except for Star Gazer. It has even better spinner rips than QS. And to get all 3 spinners spinning when they are all maxed out?
Classic Stern spinner nirvana!

#92 10 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

You were that person with DF! You outbid me! lol

Marcus

#93 10 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Where have you played viper and IM? Both are very good players imo

Nope.

Quoted from cottonm4:

Well, Levi, let me bring up Catacomb...

Great game...I could stop my Stern collection with that. Learning the bagatelle rules is key of course.

Overpriced QS BUMP

#94 10 months ago

Just wanted to chime in again with an irrelevant opinion. Stars is one of the best as well.

#95 10 months ago

Public Service request: Shawn at Third Coast Pinball is in need of a blown out Quicksilver play field that he can use as a template to make a wiring jig so he can make us some QS play field wire harnesses.

I provided him with a template for making Seawitch harnesses and that is what he has been doing.

I have a QS play field wire harness that he might have to use a pattern but a play field would be better. I'd lend him my play field but it is already at the restore's shop.

If anybody can help him out then please let him know. Here is his website and how to contact him.

https://www.thirdcoastpinballandgraphics.com/

#96 10 months ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

Just wanted to chime in again with an irrelevant opinion. Stars is one of the best as well.

Yeah, but it's not a rare and overpriced classic Stern.

Get your thread priorities straight!

Everyone knows that Pinside no longer has anything to do with playing affordable, well designed pinball.

#97 10 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Exactly. It wouldn't be made out of absolute American crap like a classic Stern, it would be made out of the current "here-and-there crap parts" from China and other leading manufacturing countries.

#98 10 months ago

I like the title of this ad I will overlay for it- how come we don’t see the opposite?

“ looking to underpay for __ title, I’ll give you a lowball offer, then get offended when you don’t reply”

Uhh. I was just recently selling my TNA and a guy was offended I didn’t take his $3500 offer

#99 10 months ago
Quoted from Coz:

how come we don’t see the opposite?

You don't? I see it every single day. Every single day.

#100 10 months ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Exactly. It's wouldn't be made out of absolute American crap like a classic Stern, it would be made out of the current "here-and-there crap parts" from China and other leading manufacturing countries.

LOL

I meant it wouldn't play the same. Flippers are different, drops are different, etc.

I don't think you can replicate the Quicksilver experience by building a game in 2019, unless you were going to repro and use all classic parts, which doesn't seem very cost effective for a mass produced game.

Not ALL classic stern parts were garbage, just the light sockets as far as I can tell.

There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside