(Topic ID: 244236)

Wanted: Quicksilver (I will overpay for it.)

By getadam

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 120 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Ronnie1114
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7944 (resized).JPG
IMG_7933 (resized).JPG
IMG_7937 (resized).JPG
IMG_7930 (resized).JPG
IMG_7653 (resized).JPG
IMG_7651 (resized).JPG
IMG_7650 (resized).JPG
IMG_5491 (resized).jpg
61694784_763579460711409_4656048546649210880_n (resized).jpg
94B78688-D8C6-4429-87D4-A3AECA22AC87 (resized).jpeg
Star Gazer and Quicksilver (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 11.49.57 AM (resized).png
Quicksilver Shooter Cabinet (resized).JPG
Quicksilver complete cabinet stencil (resized).JPG
Quicksilver Reassemble 1 (resized).JPG
20190602_112153 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - wanted

Wanted: Quicksilver (I will overpay for it.)

Featured Ad

Added: 2019-06-01 14:01:54 UTC • Ended: July 14th, 2019

Price

Wanted

I will overpay for your Quicksilver. (Yes, I'm that desperate for one.) Hit me up if you have one or know someone who does.

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are getadam's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to getadam's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Montecito, CA, US

#2 4 years ago

Best of luck to you dude
They are out there!

#4 4 years ago

Adam doesn’t mess around, anybody looking for a quick deal should not hesitate to reach out!

#5 4 years ago

$10k by June 1st

#6 4 years ago

With the new playfields out you could build one.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Very tempting idea.
-Mike

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

The only thing that would be difficult to get would be the backbox white board. I know they sold the template for star gazer on ebay.
Could always guess at the position of the sockets from a picture.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

The only thing that would be difficult to get would be the backbox white board. I know they sold the template for star gazer on ebay.
Could always guess at the position of the sockets from a picture.

The playfield wiring harness would be difficult as well

#10 4 years ago

Car salesmen must like you!

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

This doesn’t seem like the kinda guy who is gonna go through the trouble of having to do something himself.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

This doesn’t seem like the kinda guy who is gonna go through the trouble of having to do something himself.

Good call. 10k you can have mine
It's a rough nonworking project.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

It'd definitely be time consuming, that's if the manual was correct. I've been thinking about doing one of those two unobtanium stern titles for a while.... be a fun project at least.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Pm sent! lol

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

pm sent

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Pm sent! lol

Weird neither came through lol.

#18 4 years ago

Well Adam if you're desperate and willing to overpay I would trade mine for a JJ POTC and I'm local! I have a sweet QS that is one of the last off the line with a #11195 serial number. The previous owner had the game sitting in their climate controlled basement for the last 25 yrs and only played it on Christmas holidays when they had family over. The playfield isn't blown out and has 1 small spot of wear in front of the saucer. She's a nice candidate for a RK restore if you want to keep it original or I can swap my restored playfield in her when she comes back from Germany. Cab has a nick in the front and a 2" gouge on the side.The only thing she's missing are the original spinners and the front of the neck of the cab. I have been so busy playing her I haven't added the piece of wood yet. 20190508_204657 (resized).jpg20190508_204657 (resized).jpg20190510_122003 (resized).jpg20190510_122003 (resized).jpg20190510_122010 (resized).jpg20190510_122010 (resized).jpg20190510_135030 (resized).jpg20190510_135030 (resized).jpg20190515_100910 (resized).jpg20190515_100910 (resized).jpg20190515_100939 (resized).jpg20190515_100939 (resized).jpg20190515_100945 (resized).jpg20190515_100945 (resized).jpg20190515_100949_001 (resized).jpg20190515_100949_001 (resized).jpg

#19 4 years ago

Here's mine. It's a project. Pretty nice pf and backglass. Have all the plastics and game is complete. Tempted to have HEP restore it. Would sell or trade for something I wanted or good offer.

20190602_112144 (resized).jpg20190602_112144 (resized).jpg20190602_112153 (resized).jpg20190602_112153 (resized).jpg
#20 4 years ago

Not really interested in selling mine. However, I am intrigued by the "overpay" posting. Send me a PM with your Offer. Top end restoration.

Quicksilver Reassemble 1 (resized).JPGQuicksilver Reassemble 1 (resized).JPGQuicksilver Shooter Cabinet (resized).JPGQuicksilver Shooter Cabinet (resized).JPGQuicksilver complete cabinet stencil (resized).JPGQuicksilver complete cabinet stencil (resized).JPGScreen Shot 2019-06-02 at 11.49.57 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-06-02 at 11.49.57 AM (resized).pngStar Gazer and Quicksilver (resized).pngStar Gazer and Quicksilver (resized).png
#21 4 years ago

I guess it’s safe to say this game has surpassed fathom as far as pricing & desirability in a quicksilver’s years time

#22 4 years ago

Fathoms come up for sale all the time, but Quicksilvers rarely come up for sale. Quicksilver is arguably the best playing classic Stern, but they only made 1,201 Quicksilvers vs. 3,500 Fathoms were produced.

I looked for a Quicksilver, and after a year of networking I secured mine. I’ve probably seen ten Fathoms go up for sale in that same time period. I’d consider selling mine but I’d need a premium price for it as well

#23 4 years ago

But fathom is so much better IMHO

Better art, theme, and game play.

The rarity is a big one for quicksilver, but if they are really fetching 8-10k then I think I would build one from scratch.

#24 4 years ago

Some games you can kinda predict are gonna skyrocket in value. I saw that coming 3 years ago with this game. Loved the sounds especially then I played crispin’s QS. Just could never secure one.

#25 4 years ago

Quicksilver became a $6000 pin when TigerLaw bought his for that price. It will become a $10,000 or more pin when Adam buys his. Rich people don't overpay, they buy. No need to be modest. Pinball is an expensive hobby & money gets you what you want when you want it!

#26 4 years ago

2.5 years ago I bought a bunch of parts games and half games out of a warehouse. There was a nice lower half of a QS that I could have had for $50. I didn't know much about it and didn't feel like lifting it down from the shelf it was on.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

2.5 years ago I bought a bunch of parts games and half games out of a warehouse. There was a nice lower half of a QS that I could have had for $50. I didn't know much about it and didn't feel like lifting it down from the shelf it was on.

That was a mistake. Would have been a sweet flip.
-Mike

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

Quicksilver became a $6000 pin when TigerLaw bought his for that price. It will become a $10,000 or more pin when Adam buys his. Rich people don't overpay, they buy. No need to be modest. Pinball is an expensive hobby & money gets you what you want when you want it!

Are you saying one singular purchase had a ripple effect that influenced and affected the entire QS market? Honestly asking as I dont really know what to expect or draw a conclusion to in this market anymore.

#29 4 years ago

Sort of. I’m no analyst, but that kinda upped the ante on what people thought the game was worth. It’s rare, it is fun & it has become the dime piece of Classic Sterns. People that have them searched for them & are not likely to let them go at what an average pinball collector thinks the game is worth. I don’t recall seeing listed for sale on this site in the past 5+ years.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Are you saying one singular purchase had a ripple effect that influenced and affected the entire QS market? Honestly asking as I dont really know what to expect or draw a conclusion to in this market anymore.

Commonly happens. Hell, one single shilled AFM back in the day made a ripple in that market that increased sales probably 1500 and it held till the remake.

#31 4 years ago

I’m just waiting for one of these guys who throw their money around to come across one of the great wonders of the solid state era, Nine Ball. Now that’s a unique game!

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

I’m just waiting for one of these guys who throw their money around to come across one of the great wonders of the solid state era, Nine Ball. Now that’s a unique game!

Unique yes but nowhere near as good as quicksilver.

#33 4 years ago

maybe not as solid but it does sit nicely even in a small collection due to its unique layout and game play. I just love bank shot integration with the pool theme.

#34 4 years ago

Quicksilver looks like lots of people want it what about Iron Maiden???

94B78688-D8C6-4429-87D4-A3AECA22AC87 (resized).jpeg94B78688-D8C6-4429-87D4-A3AECA22AC87 (resized).jpeg
#35 4 years ago

I agree! That’s a rare one with lots to offer. A friend of mine sold his for $4000 a couple years ago.

#36 4 years ago

more than likely.... if you find one on here for sale, you'll prob overpay anyways!

#37 4 years ago

This Iron Maiden didn’t even have the rear backglass. It was found in a barn in Wisconsin where it had sat for so long that the legs were 8 inches deep in dirt. Bought for $800, sold to a friend for $1200 and then sold to a guy enough money to just say “I’ll give you $4000 for that.” Stupid thing was that the offer wasn’t immediately accepted

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Wait I confused games.
I believe that Third Coast remakes harnesses for classic sterns

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Commonly happens. Hell, one single shilled AFM back in the day made a ripple in that market that increased sales probably 1500 and it held till the remake.

You were thinking exactly of the same identical sale I was thinking of. Happened back in 2013-2014. I have cited that particular example only to be told "There's no way one single sale had a ripple effect across the entire market for a game."

Good to know I wasn't far off...!

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

I thought Tigerlaw snagged his for $3,000.00 and then spent some dollars cleaning it up.

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

Recently bought a Nine Ball. Love that game.

#42 4 years ago

It’s slept on a little bit. Given the market for some of this stuff, I didn’t think PinLawyer was too out of line asking $5000 obo for his immaculate one. You don’t see nice ones too often!

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Wait I confused games.
I believe that Third Coast remakes harnesses for classic sterns

Third Coast can make you a displays harness for any classic Stern since they are all so similar. Big Game, Dragonfist, Flight 2000, and Quicksliver are pretty much the same except for where the credits and Ball in plays are located.

Seawitch, Nine Ball and Catacomb are mostly the same.

I know Third Coast is tooling up for Seawitch play field harnesses. I know Shawn has Quicksilver play field harnesses in his sights but don't know if he is there yet. He is making harnesses for Star Gazer; I am installing one of those now. The quality of the SG harness I bought from him is fantastic.

He does great work.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

Quoted from jahbarron:

It’s slept on a little bit. Given the market for some of this stuff, I didn’t think PinLawyer was too out of line asking $5000 obo for his immaculate one. You don’t see nice ones too often!

Where are you coming up with this this shit from? Pinlawyer had just about every classic Stern made but he did not have a Quicksilver or a Star Gazer.

He had an Ali, a Seawitch, a Big Game, a Catacomb, a Dragonfist, and I think a Viper. I don't know what else he had but there was no QS or SG in his collection.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

Quicksilver became a $6000 pin when TigerLaw bought his for that price.

For the record, I bought mine for $3,000 from mdk2004 from Arizona. That was nearly four years ago. At the time people thought that was a shockingly high price for an unrestored example.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Where are you coming up with this this shit from? Pinlawyer had just about every classic Stern made but he did not have a Quicksilver or a Star Gazer.
He had an Ali, a Seawitch, a Big Game, a Catacomb, a Dragonfist, and I think a Viper. I don't know what else he had but there was no QS or SG in his collection.

I’m talking about Nine Ball. Read the post before the quoted post.

Anyway:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-nine-ball-2

#47 4 years ago

QS is one of the best, if not the best early solid state games IMO. I used to collect early Ballys until I played QS, Nine Ball, Sea Witch, SG, Stars, etc. When I go from a good classic Stern to a Bally, I get bored real fast. Having said that, Stern also made some duds playwise like Viper, IM, etc.

The only one that comes close to QS is Dragonfist. I've only had mine for a few weeks, and it's like a combination of QS and SG. Still trying to determine which one gets the #1 spot.

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

QS is one of the best, if not the best early solid state games IMO. I used to collect early Ballys until I played QS, Nine Ball, Sea Witch, SG, Stars, etc. When I go from a good classic Stern to a Bally, I get bored real fast. Having said that, Stern also made some duds playwise like Viper, IM, etc.
The only one that comes close to QS is Dragonfist. I've only had mine for a few weeks, and it's like a combination of QS and SG. Still trying to determine which one gets the #1 spot.

Where have you played viper and IM? Both are very good players imo

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

I’m talking about Nine Ball. Read the post before the quoted post.
Anyway:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-nine-ball-2

I'm sorry. Since the post was not linked I assumed you were still talking about QS. I hate it that happens.

#50 4 years ago

This thread kind of took a detour into bad Classic Stern land. Viper is terrible and IM also blows, although it admittedly looks awesome. At least nobody brought up Catacomb!

I don't think you can compare any of those games to quicksilver, which is completely awesome to play. Just rips. I'd love to have one in New York City to play, so somebody please hook up the OP with the machine he seeks.

I've sold him a game, and others here have too. All will agree he's a breeze to deal with, knows what he wants, and sale or no there's not going to be any bullshit at all.

There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-quicksilver-i-will-overpay-for-it and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.