• Latest reply 9 months ago by sandro
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinbits_tz_3rd_magnet_kit.jpg
pinbits2.JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 11 months ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Mod - wanted

Wanted Pinbits Twilight Zone Third Magnet Mod

Added: 2023-04-29 15:13:35 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (June 10th, 2023) • Ended: July 19th, 2023

Price

Wanted

These are no longer available. I know there are people out there who bought this and never installed it because they didn't want to drill a big hole in their playfield! I would love to pay to take one of these kits off your hands.

Item photos

pinbits2.JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are John_I's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to John_I's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Item location

Cocoa, FL, US

1 week later
#2 11 months ago

Bump! Seriously there are none of these around?

Seems like this might be a good product for some mod maker to start producing again? I would make some and sell them out of my own pinside store, but I really don't have a lot of time to perfect this to the level that Martin did back in the day for Pinbits. At this point if I have to make my own kit, I may do a limited run to sell...

1 month later
#3 10 months ago

I came to post this same wanted ad. LOL I read in the TZ forum the sort of step by step of how to do it, and what to buy....but for some reason a "kit" sounds better and I knew there was one sold not that long ago on here. Good luck.

#4 10 months ago

Yeah the kit that Martin sold from Pinbits was simpler than DIY. My TZ is playing sweet right now and I have other projects, so no hurry. I'll probably wait a while and do the DIY if I don't turn up a kit with this ad.

#5 10 months ago

Well.... If you turn up 2 kits, I need one. Lol

1 week later
#6 10 months ago

There is an unopened PinBit TZ third magnet kit for sale on the KLOV forums under the pinball for sale section.

1 week later
#7 9 months ago

I went digging around my "TZ in a tote" the other day looking for something. I think it was the ball trough proximity sensor and board for reproduction. I did find something else though.

pinbits_tz_3rd_magnet_kit.jpgpinbits_tz_3rd_magnet_kit.jpg

I bought this YEARS ago and my 3rd magnet TZ is still in a tote. It's been that way for about 4-5 years now. Pretty sad. I bought this kit because at that time, I didn't know anything about the electrics and wanted a kit. Nowadays, I'm not so intimidated by the electrics. The drilling of the ball guides is what is intimidating to me.

The biggest thing with this kit that is not easy to build yourself is the template. I don't know much about how one would go about making (or duplicating) the template. Perhaps a plastics store would be able to duplicate it.

#8 9 months ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

I went digging around my "TZ in a tote" the other day looking for something. I think it was the ball trough proximity sensor and board for reproduction. I did find something else though.
[quoted image]
I bought this YEARS ago and my 3rd magnet TZ is still in a tote. It's been that way for about 4-5 years now. Pretty sad. I bought this kit because at that time, I didn't know anything about the electrics and wanted a kit. Nowadays, I'm not so intimidated by the electrics. The drilling of the ball guides is what is intimidating to me.
The biggest thing with this kit that is not easy to build yourself is the template. I don't know much about how one would go about making (or duplicating) the template. Perhaps a plastics store would be able to duplicate it.

The template could be scanned and 3D printed?

#9 9 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

The template could be scanned and 3D printed?

Probably. I don't know much (if anything) about plastics or 3D printing.

#10 9 months ago

I have a co-worker that has a laser and I have a kit I have yet to use. Won't be able to look at things for another month or two. Will look at things if I remember

#11 9 months ago

If someone can send a hi-res photo of the templates with a (preferably metric) ruler in the picture, I could probably generate SVG files for the templates that could be laser cut. If people wanted stl files for 3d printing, I could generate those as well, though I’d expect laser cutting to be preferable.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-pinbits-twilight-zone-third-magnet-mod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.