6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by CUJO
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CUJO.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hello Fellow Pinsiders!

Today I opened up my Sega Frankenstein backbox to see why I was getting a DMD reboot/blank out even though I had performed
    the recommended Sega Bulletin fix many years ago.

I was worried that the caps could be leaking. My last large DMD fried because of that (electrolyte arching high voltage section).

Things looked ok today, took some pics for reference and decided to change out the (3) AA batteries.

Well, not sure how long they have been in there but I pulled them. They were Sunbeam alkaline from Dollar General I think.
    No acid or leakage but I noticed the date on the - end of the battery to be 4/2013. Not sure if that was the good by date or manufactured date.

So best way to keep track of the batteries would be some sort of simple Excel spreadsheet, something I would absolutely horrible at creating, but would definitely maintain this as with the large number of active games I have and my old age sneaking up, I haven't a clue until I open the backbox on them at random times.

Anyone have something like this they'd like to share or recommend maybe a pre-existing template Microsoft has already made which would be a cinch to modify for my needs? Also could add notes re: repairs, inspections to make it broader.

Appreciate it!

CuJo

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Most likely, the expiration date.
    Get rid of the batteries, and use NVRAM instead. You'll never have to worry about leaks again.

I looked at some new Sunbeam's in the card. They will expire on 6/2023.
    The - side of the batteries also had the same exp. date as your thought.

Wow..time flies. So those batteries were 4yrs past exp. date..I was lucky as the battery holder is still on the mainboard.

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from arolden:

You can also enter the battery installation date on Pinside and it will send you a reminder to check them every year.

I did not know that but I still would like my own maint. log. spreadsheet.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CUJO.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-pinball-maintenance-excel-template?tu=CUJO and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.