Ali_026_(resized).JPG
Ali_022_(resized).JPG
Ali_021_(resized).JPG
Ali_020_(resized).JPG
Ali_019_(resized).JPG
Ali_018_(resized).JPG
images_(4)_(resized).jpg
2015-11-27_13.20.53_(resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 8 years ago

If you are headed to the Allentown Show there is an outside chance I might have a pretty nice one done by then. Not high on our priority list right now but I could bump it up if you are headed to the show. As far as price I really don't know at this point because we have not even started on it and it has been a couple years since I tucked it into storage. But I doubt it would be over $1500 once we are done with it regardless of what it needs.

#102 8 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Ugh that really sucks for me. There's one that's about 4 hrs from me but he wants like 2k, game is nice but bg is bad. If it was good I would probably consider it at this point

BGResto made a really nice backglass for my Paragon. See if you can get him down to $1500, to leave room in the price for backglass replacement.

#103 8 years ago

Here's a suggestion. You can get a game shipped on pallet through Fastenal for usually less than $200. Maybe find a player's one, wherever, and have it shipped. It's a lower cost option to get one shipped. Perhaps another pinsider would even help find and ship one for you. Surprised you haven't found one yet but that should be a bit of a testament to how awesome this game really is.

#104 8 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Here's a suggestion. You can get a game shipped on pallet through Fastenal for usually less than $200. Maybe find a player's one, wherever, and have it shipped. It's a lower cost option to get one shipped. Perhaps another pinsider would even help find and ship one for you. Surprised you haven't found one yet but that should be a bit of a testament to how awesome this game really is.

Fastenal will ship pins? where has this tidbit of info been all my life.

#105 8 years ago
Quoted from Drewscruis:

Fastenal will ship pins? where has this tidbit of info been all my life.

Have to be strapped to a pallet, but yep. 2015-11-27_13.20.53_(resized).jpg2015-11-27_13.20.53_(resized).jpg

#106 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

When I'm done with it, my Paragon will be about $2400:
900 - game
300 - bgresto backglass
145 - plastics
165 - stencils
800 - CPR playfield
100 - misc parts
-----------------------
$2410
If DefaultGen decided to sell his Paragon for $3000, I'd jump on it just to avoid the 100 hours of work for the cab repaint and playfield swap. I think it's the best art Paul Faris ever did, and it's one of the best players of this era.
[EDIT: bummer, stencils aren't available yet -- I hope they will be when I start this project]

Contact pinball pimp. He is half way through making stencils for paragon i believe

#108 8 years ago
Quoted from mjm697:

I think it's time for a reality check here, you can't find a Paragon because they're all in the garbage where they belong! That tells me a lot when the backglass is worth more than the rest of the whole pin. Nice looking art but what a boring piece of wood it really is, someone should pay you to get it out of their house, maybe you'll have better luck at a local garbage dump just saying buddy.

My mum taught me if you haven't got anything nice to say then don't say anything.

#109 8 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Have to be strapped to a pallet, but yep. 2015-11-27_13.20.53_(resized).jpg

So do they ship store to store like say forward air or any other LTL carrier?

#110 8 years ago
Quoted from Drewscruis:

So do they ship store to store like say forward air or any other LTL carrier?

Yep. Store to store. Pretty quick too. They got BC from west central GA to MN in about a week. Faster than when I last sent a BoP to basically the same place (Twin Cities) with STI, think that was like two weeks or so.

#111 8 years ago

Bump for diddy!!!!

#112 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

When I'm done with it, my Paragon will be about $2400:
900 - game
300 - bgresto backglass
145 - plastics
165 - stencils
800 - CPR playfield
100 - misc parts
-----------------------
$2410
If DefaultGen decided to sell his Paragon for $3000, I'd jump on it just to avoid the 100 hours of work for the cab repaint and playfield swap. I think it's the best art Paul Faris ever did, and it's one of the best players of this era.
[EDIT: bummer, stencils aren't available yet -- I hope they will be when I start this project]

Marco has the stencils

#113 8 years ago

I've been looking for a Paragon too. I've been a little frustrated with the search lately, so I am giving up. I just can't seem to find the right combo of price/condition.

This guy has one for $2,250 - probably the one you mentioned before. He won't come down on price. It was a little rich for me, but it does have a perfect playfield.

southbend.craigslist.org link

#114 8 years ago
Quoted from craigj:

I've been looking for a Paragon too. I've been a little frustrated with the search lately, so I am giving up. I just can't seem to find the right combo of price/condition.
This guy has one for $2,250 - probably the one you mentioned before. He won't come down on price. It was a little rich for me, but it does have a perfect playfield.
southbend.craigslist.org link

That price is probably a tad bit high, but if you really want it, don't let a few hundred dollars keep your from buying it.

The extra money is long forgotten once you have put 100-200 games on your own Paragon.

I have way too much into my restoration. I doubt I'll ever find anyone willing to pay me $3,500+ for mine. But I don't regret a single dime spent on the machine. It plays like a champ and is truly one of my favorite games in my collection.

Marcus

#115 8 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

That price is probably a tad bit high, but if you really want it, don't let a few hundred dollars keep your from buying it.
The extra money is long forgotten once you have put 100-200 games on your own Paragon.
I have way too much into my restoration. I doubt I'll ever find anyone willing to pay me $3,500+ for mine. But I don't regret a single dime spent on the machine. It plays like a champ and is truly one of my favorite games in my collection.
Marcus

Agreed. Paragon is awesome. I think it is very underappreciated. I grew up with that game and I'd love to own one. I don't have time to do a full restore on a beat up one. This guys machine looks pretty darn good for $2,250, except the cabinet. Has typical scratches/fade and those "spots" all over the machine. I've always wondered about that spotted look the old paragon yellow paint gets, its very noticeable. A little rust on the coin door. He did replace all the scoring displays with the new LED ones. $2,250 still seems high, I missed out on one 50 miles from me to another pinsider, it was in perfect condition for $1,800.

#116 8 years ago

Can't believe you don't have one yet. Someone get this guy a Paragon!

#117 8 years ago

On an additional note... I've been getting a little bored lately with our Star Trek Pro. I don't ever remember getting bored with our Paragon growing up. Maybe because I was a young kid at the time, but the gameplay was simple, fun and addictive. At this point I think I'd rather own a Paragon than my Star Trek Pro.

#118 8 years ago

This thread makes Paragon look rare, lol.

#119 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Getting one in decent condition is rare. I've lost count now how many Paragons I've looked at that look like complete trash, I wouldn't of paid $500 for it. They definitely got played a lot, which speaks volumes as to how great a game it is. CPR is smart to make more playfields, this is one pin in need of it, lots of restoration candidates out there.

#120 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

It's not that rare of a game there have been a couple for sale in Michigan, Indiana, and Ohio recently for around $1,500.

#121 8 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

It's not that rare of a game there have been a couple for sale in Michigan, Indiana, and Ohio recently for around $1,500.

Finding a good one is rare. I see trashed ones come up all the time for $1,500. Trashed playfields down to the wood. Peeling backglass. Terrible cabinet paint, scratched, gouged, faded. Rust on the coin doors. Water and/or other moisture damage from pins kept in garages. These pins would be ok maybe in the $500 to $800 range for people that want to restore them, but $1,500 I'll pass.

#122 8 years ago
Quoted from craigj:

Agreed. Paragon is awesome. I think it is very underappreciated. I grew up with that game and I'd love to own one. I don't have time to do a full restore on a beat up one. This guys machine looks pretty darn good for $2,250, except the cabinet. Has typical scratches/fade and those "spots" all over the machine. I've always wondered about that spotted look the old paragon yellow paint gets, its very noticeable. A little rust on the coin door. He did replace all the scoring displays with the new LED ones. $2,250 still seems high, I missed out on one 50 miles from me to another pinsider, it was in perfect condition for $1,800.

I wouldn't say it was perfect.

#123 8 years ago

I have pictures of that one it's glass is jacked up and the cabinet is faded. I'm not to worried about the cabinet but the glass is a dagger

#124 8 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

I have pictures of that one it's glass is jacked up and the cabinet is faded. I'm not to worried about the cabinet but the glass is a dagger

Are you talking about the one in Indiana for $2,250? I have pics also. The backglass is bubbling really bad on the backside. If he priced that one at 2k I "might" buy it. We'd be talking at least $300 BGRESTO to get the backglass back to normal??? I've personally never had one done through BGRESTO.

#125 8 years ago
Quoted from craigj:

Are you talking about the one in Indiana for $2,250? I have pics also. The backglass is bubbling really bad on the backside. If he priced that one at 2k I "might" buy it. We'd be talking at least $300 BGRESTO to get the backglass back to normal??? I've personally never had one done through BGRESTO.

Yeah same one, too rich blood also.

#126 8 years ago

Maybe I should just start randomly pm'ing members. ......... knock knock!

images_(4)_(resized).jpgimages_(4)_(resized).jpg

#127 8 years ago

You can play mine at Allentown it will be at the Pingraffix booth

#128 8 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Maybe I should just start randomly pm'ing members. ......... knock knock!

images_(4)_(resized).jpg

I've already done that! haha

#130 8 years ago

Since when is this a 2k pin?!!!

#131 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Since when is this a 2k pin?!!!

Find one that has a decent backglass and isn't worn to the wood all over, it's 2k all day long. mine is a players machine and I wouldn't let it go for 2k.

#132 8 years ago

Awesome game. I've been collecting parts and the only thing left is for me to get the motivation to tackle the restore.
Picked one up with an "average" pf but the cab is beautiful. Gorgeous reds. Nice BG. Full new boardset ready to be installed. new displays ready to go in. Full new plastic set. And a NOS PF gone and perfected by Kruzman.

It's going to be worth it.....but if I found one already done or a HUO one I would gladly swap my stash for an already done machine....

#133 8 years ago

Tdiddy,

I have a Paragon pinball in very good condition(back glass has started to come apart-is worst), game has been indoors entire time I've owned it(approx 10 years).
I've tried to show all wear in pics
I'm having to move, otherwise this wouldn't be going anywhere(love the machine), downsizing.
I originally drove to Pittsburg to purchase this, and had the head unit replaced then, possibly 300 games since.
It hasn't been played in a couple years, and when I plugged it back in last night, it stays in tilt mode(was working fine previously).
I'm asking $1200.00, and I live 15 miles north of Danville IL. 61832
Let me know if you'd possibly be interested.

Ali_018_(resized).JPGAli_018_(resized).JPG

Ali_019_(resized).JPGAli_019_(resized).JPG

Ali_020_(resized).JPGAli_020_(resized).JPG

Ali_021_(resized).JPGAli_021_(resized).JPG

Ali_022_(resized).JPGAli_022_(resized).JPG

Ali_026_(resized).JPGAli_026_(resized).JPG

Ali_027_(resized).JPGAli_027_(resized).JPG

Ali_028_(resized).JPGAli_028_(resized).JPG

Ali_029_(resized).JPGAli_029_(resized).JPG

Ali_030_(resized).JPGAli_030_(resized).JPG

#134 8 years ago

Thanks for the offer, but 1200 for a non working paragon with wear and a blown out bg is not an option for me , at the the end of the end it needs a new bg, new playfield and board work, plus drop targets and flipper rebuilt. I'd be better off getting the one in south blend and that one is closer

#135 8 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Thanks for the offer, but 1200 for a non working paragon with wear and a blown out bg is not an option for me , at the the end of the end it needs a new bg, new playfield and board work, plus drop targets and flipper rebuilt. I'd be better off getting the one in south blend and that one is closer

I would agree. On my own 3 year hunt for a Paragon, I have seen them in this condition go for $600 to $700, sometimes even less.

I would go for the one in Indiana. The guy lowered his price to $2,080. I told him I still thought he was a little high, but I understand he wants to get as much as possible out of a pin in such good condition. His backglass was in pretty bad shape though, that's why I still wouldn't bite at $2,080.

#136 8 years ago

Bump for a cool looken pin!

#138 8 years ago

This turning into Another "ma wanted thread" hahahah

#139 8 years ago
Quoted from mjm697:

This turning into Another "ma wanted thread" hahahah

Yepper

#140 8 years ago

Still pulling for you tdiddy. I'll play a few for you tonight to put the vibes in the air

#141 8 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Still pulling for you tdiddy. I'll play a few for you tonight to put the vibes in the air

Hope is fading on all my wtb ads, probably end up buying another stern

#142 8 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Don't give up thomas, all we have in life is hope

Hope bump!

#143 8 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

I got my TX-Sector from a non-Pinsider due to my want ad after 2+ years of searching. I have faith in want ads.

#144 8 years ago

Don't give up, Paragon is worth it.

#146 8 years ago
Quoted from Gort:

There you go. ebay.com link » Paragon Pinball Machine

I'm on it, I think we have a deal but he kinda disappeared. Fingers are crossed it works out, it's a little far but it's fixable

#147 8 years ago

Trump.

#148 8 years ago

Mission accomplished!

20160313_183737_(resized).jpg20160313_183737_(resized).jpg

#150 8 years ago

Hell yeah!!!

There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-paragon-bally-1978-1979/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.