Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Mcpit
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I've never played one, but I like the theme especially the Joker character fom the movie.

I like the artwork, just starting to read the review on Pinball News, but wanted to get opinions on what you guys think. It's ranked somewhere middle of the pack on the top 100 list.

I wanted to particularly know if the rules are good, I know a lot of times on Pinball News is from early code, don't know if there was an overall code polish like SM had. Is there any major gripes with the code or the gameplay?

Does it compare to some other game if so what?

Is it deep or have good staying power? Is it fast playing or long playing? Any tips or advice on the game thanks.

Does it stand up to SM or Tron or IM which are highly rated Stern movie pins (or ST for that matter)?

#2 5 years ago

I like it and will have it in the gameroom someday......when the gameroom can hold 30 pins.

#3 5 years ago

It's a long-ball time game that unfortunately gets really monotonous as time goes on. It's not like LOTR or TSPP which keep up the "interesting" factor in a long game with constant new surprises. All 4 modes are exactly the same. Some features seemingly complete themselves like Harvey Dent & Rachel who don't really have any voices or sound FX associated with their "modes". The droning music, boring sound FX, and awful voices don't help matters (although I do like the Scarecrow music). The crane is a GREAT toy which is very fun to hit and that itself makes up for some of the game's shortcomings...and because of that I'd even recommend taking a shot at the game, if you're the type of person that doesn't mind jamming on something new for a few months then letting it go.

#4 5 years ago

IMHO, it's a one trick pony (the crane).....but it's one h@## of a great trick!

To me, what really knocks the game down are the horrible, awful call-outs and not-Dark Knight-movie music. Use oga's pinball browser to swap some files, and you'd have a much more enjoyable game...

Later,
EV

#5 5 years ago

BDK is a long playing pin like SM. There's a lot of stacking modes with multiball and stacking of different multiballs which, when combined with the multipliers, can really bump your score. There is one issue with the code that I hate dealing with the scarecrow scoop during some multiballs. There's a multiball called "hero multiball" (or something like that) where you must make the joker, batmobile, and scarecrow shots and then hit the mystery hole to be awarded. You can also keep hitting these three shots over and over to up the payout from the mystery hole. Unfortunately, the scarecrow scoop has two entrances, from the front and back. The code is written so that you're not awarded scarecrow shots from back entrances by the pops (this makes sense, otherwise that crane would be going non-stop). So during multiball, at least one ball is generally always in the pops, well, whenever you make a solid scarecrow shot to the front entrance, it usually doesn't register since there is/was a ball recently in the pops....really damn annoying to me.

Other than that, I really enjoy the game as it has a lot of depth in scoring for an expert player, yet the toys and theme allows a beginner or non-pinhead to enjoy for different reasons.

I still enjoy SM and TRON a bit more than BDK, but BDK is definitely a good pin.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I've never played one, but I like the theme especially the Joker character fom the movie.
I like the artwork, just starting to read the review on Pinball News, but wanted to get opinions on what you guys think. It's ranked somewhere middle of the pack on the top 100 list.
I wanted to particularly know if the rules are good, I know a lot of times on Pinball News is from early code, don't know if there was an overall code polish like SM had. Is there any major gripes with the code or the gameplay?
Does it compare to some other game if so what?
Is it deep or have good staying power? Is it fast playing or long playing? Any tips or advice on the game thanks.
Does it stand up to SM or Tron or IM which are highly rated Stern movie pins (or ST for that matter)?

It is a long playing game. Lot of stop and go. Rules are deep, but the bottleneck everyone faces is with collecting gadgets to finish Luscious and get to Gotham City Multiball. It literally takes 50+ shots to the center ramp to complete him. It is very risk and reward with scoring. You can try for a super skill shot for a 3x multiplier on a main shot and then get a 2x multiplier on that shot for some insane super jackpots. You can stack multiballs which is nice and the Bat Signal mode and multiball are nice touches. Once again, you can push it during the initial Bat Signal mode and try to keep upping your jackpots before locking the value in. It has one of the best toys in pinball in the crane, and a couple of the worst in the batmobile teeter-totter and the joker can. It is a good game, could still use a little polish to make it even better, but it isn't going to get it. We are lucky we got the last update which took it from a fair game at best, to good. As far as game comparisons, I like the game way better than IM. I like it a little better than Tron, although I think the Tron theme is much better and I don't think it is nearly as good as SM.

#7 5 years ago

Had one for about 4 months or so...traded it for a HUO LOTR and never looked back. Love the Dark Knight Theme and all the characters, but it just didn't keep my interest that long.

#8 5 years ago

I'll keep it short. It's a fun pin but is nowhere near as fun as people are wanting for it in today's market. I haven't seen one for less than $4500 in a long time and to me this is a sub $4K pin. I'll never understand how it fetches more than AC/DC pro, TF pro, Avengers Pro, etc...

Quite honestly, if you love the theme go for it. If you don't love the theme you'd be better to spend your money elsewhere until the prices drop significantly on this title. Just to much out there that is WAY better for $4-$5K.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I'll keep it short. It's a fun pin but is nowhere near as fun as people are wanting for it in today's market. I haven't seen one for less than $4500 in a long time and to me this is a sub $4K pin.

I'll second that. I'm sure it is just because of production runs, but this is not a $4,500-$5,000 pin IMHO. Even moreso with IJ4 that came out just before TDK, not even close value wise to what it sells for. For that kind of money, you can get multiple better games instead.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I'll second that. I'm sure it is just because of production runs, but this is not a $4,500-$5,000 pin IMHO. Even moreso with IJ4 that came out just before TDK, not even close value wise to what it sells for. For that kind of money, you can get multiple better games instead.

I have a HUO only totally modded out with about 220 plays on it for sale at $5200.00 and I have more than that in it (have $5300.00 in it with all the mods).

I like the game and have had it for about a year. I only put about 50 plays on it in that time as everyone is correct in that the ball times are long.

I think a mint BDK is worth what I'm asking. I do not see why routed ones sell for over $4K though.

I think BDK is worth as much as IM but Iron Man is fast and furious while BDK is fun but just missing something.

#11 5 years ago

Mint HUO demands more but they are still not even close to the value as IM as the demand isn't there.

The problem is that these were less than $4K brand new. They increased in value over the years due to pinflation which I think is what really has hurt this title. The one Hank is talking about is beautiful. Problem is for $5200 you can get a lot of much better games out there. This limits things to those whom have to have the theme. For example, would you rather have a HUO Batman or a brand new Metallica or Star Trek with about $400 extra dollars in your wallet. That's where I think the problem comes. Are their buyers out there, yup. But their just aren't that many so it makes it hard to sell at the current pricing. Just my opinion though.

My personally market for this title is $3K for routed or $4K for 100% mint with basic mods (LED's already). Due to this I doubt I'll ever find myself being a buyer as nobody is selling for this. More than this and I start thinking about other pins I could have (I.E. Metallica or ST Pro).

#12 5 years ago

These were going for about 4500 100% mint a while back, not that long ago, and I think they sit at any price above that and maybe even lower given the current market. Part of the problem is so many other options right now. It's a fun pin to me.

#13 5 years ago

Owned for 1.5 years. Wanted all of the "super heroes " in my collection. Fun game.

#14 5 years ago

Love that TDK crane, great theme implementation from the movie

#15 5 years ago

I owned one and really enjoyed my time with it. I paid 4500 for a HUO with LEDS, and a few other mods, with low plays. I had to let it go to move on another pin. I think its an underrated pin for sure. Like others have said I have not seen one for a less then 4500 for a while. I will say the the amount of times you need to hit the center ramp is ridiculous. I never did it on mine, but I think there was a setting to turn the ramp to easy.

I would highly suggest finding one to play before you buy if at all possible.

#16 5 years ago

For me TDK is a fantastic pin with deep rules and a lot of fun to play. Stacking MBs, collecting 'doublers' and especially the Bat Signal Challenge where you can build up the Jackpot before starting the MB is a brilliant rule. Although in the BS-MB you have the mentioned problem with the scarecrow but this can be seen as an additional challenge.

Concerning voices I have no problems as I am German and saw the Movies translated with other voices anyway

Concerning the amount of shots for the gadgets: This can simply be reduced in the settings

Compared to the ST I would say: ST is of course brighter, faster and much shorter/game. But toys and rules are much better (TDK), which might change due to code updates. Luckily I have not to choose

Three mods are very important for the TDK: Shaker, invisible glas and BB lightning

#17 5 years ago

Rarehero stated it well. I'm a huge comic and Batman fan. Owned BDK for a long time. Cabinet is beautiful, like back glass and crane is very cool. Sold it because it gets old. Aside from the crane, there really arent great shots on this game. It's a pin that's fun to own for awhile but it's not a keeper. This coming from a Batman fanboy. If you go in with that approach you'll enjoy it.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I'll keep it short. It's a fun pin but is nowhere near as fun as people are wanting for it in today's market. I haven't seen one for less than $4500 in a long time and to me this is a sub $4K pin. I'll never understand how it fetches more than AC/DC pro, TF pro, Avengers Pro, etc...
Quite honestly, if you love the theme go for it. If you don't love the theme you'd be better to spend your money elsewhere until the prices drop significantly on this title. Just to much out there that is WAY better for $4-$5K.

I think this sums it up perfectly. The art looks good, but once you get past the crane, I find it very boring. Every time I think about purchasing one, I go play 4 or 5 games and remind myself how boring it is. My opinion is that it should be a sub 4k game as well. There are much better titles out there for the money, but to each his own.

#19 5 years ago

IMO the art looks bad on this pin... the translite is a photoshopped collage that looks ugly, Batman himself looks ridiculous(what's he doing with his hand?), the playfield looks bland, and as others have said the audio is very dull. Gameplay is repetitive... It's all about building up your joker value, playing joker multiball as much as you can, and using scarecrow multiballs to help with this... For a Batman fan I'd recommend looking for the Data East Batman. It has a nice looking mirrored backglass, good playfield/cabinet artwork, and awesome audio... Gameplay is super simple, but you can make it hard to compensate, and it is a fun game...

3 weeks later
#20 5 years ago
Quoted from pinBilly:

IMO the art looks bad on this pin... the translite is a photoshopped collage that looks ugly, Batman himself looks ridiculous(what's he doing with his hand?), the playfield looks bland, and as others have said the audio is very dull. Gameplay is repetitive... It's all about building up your joker value, playing joker multiball as much as you can, and using scarecrow multiballs to help with this... For a Batman fan I'd recommend looking for the Data East Batman. It has a nice looking mirrored backglass, good playfield/cabinet artwork, and awesome audio... Gameplay is super simple, but you can make it hard to compensate, and it is a fun game...

Hmmm data east batmann over TDK....um no! Have to strongly disagree! TDK crushes that game!

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from vtec16:

I owned one and really enjoyed my time with it. I paid 4500 for a HUO with LEDS, and a few other mods, with low plays. I had to let it go to move on another pin. I think its an underrated pin for sure. Like others have said I have not seen one for a less then 4500 for a while.

That was a friend price man I wouldn't of sold it for that if it wasn't going to you.

I like the pin overall it has a fun layout. What kind of killed some of the fun of gameplay for me was the one center ramp which will center drain sometimes if you don't hit it cleanly. I loved the look of the machine, the batmobile toy is pretty cool and once you replace the joker figure it integrates pretty well with the whole machine. I'd try to find one to play before making any decisions to buy it.

#22 5 years ago

Just recently came and left .No love here, horrible voice overs. Crane was fun for a bit. Joker toy.....joke. Don't miss it one bit.

#23 5 years ago

I think BDK is a better game than it gets credit for, but I can also understand why some may not enjoy it as much. I've been waiting for one to pop up my area, but not at 5k even for HUO.

1 month later
#24 5 years ago

Played one last night with the Mrs, for a while really enjoyed it, they had the new star trek there but this one kept our attention, really got into it, spewing the spinner around joker thing does nothing for the game play, it looks really cool but does nothing, wish they thought that out abit better, would of made more sense if it was a multi-ball lock for joker multi-ball and the balls came from there, also the batmobile ramp was awesome but so I have been reading does nothing either, but the playfield looked so cool, and without saying the crane is awesome, the layout reminds me a little of lord of the rings from what I can see, it looks like they swaped sides on the path of the dead upper playfield to the right side, not sure but it looks like you have to collect a certain number of things up there, will have to read the rulesheet later to work it out, but all being said the dark knights is now on my wishlist. really enjoyed it, and if the Mrs enjoyed it, then its a win win!!!!!!!

#25 5 years ago

I had one for several years and like you loved the art.
I think you can take the input from the above and probably draw the same conclusion I did.
It is where it belongs being in the middle of the pack of the top 100.
Probably better places to spend $4k+

1 year later
#26 4 years ago

Fantastic game.
As people said the problem is the sound and music, but this is now resolved!!!! )

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 179.99
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside