9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by PMcGee
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

I'm trying to find out the cleaning/polishing compounds to restore playfield plastics. If anyone has old broken plastics they are going to throw away, please send them to me. Plan on putting findings up for everyone to benefit from. Shoot me a PM if you have anything. Thanks in advance!

2 weeks later
    #2 9 years ago

Pm sent, I have lots to spare.

#3 9 years ago

I use Novus2 with very good results but it would be nice to know if there is something better.

#4 9 years ago

Thanks to jonpin, I'll be posting a thread or 2 about plastic repair and cleaning. Many thanks for a box of plastics (still in the mail). Should be fun to see what really helps and what destroys the plastics. I'll also be looking at some glues to see what can be done for chipped corners and non repo plastics that are cracked or broke.

#5 9 years ago

cool. interested to see...

#6 9 years ago

Have you checked out retrobrite? It's suppose to take the yellow out.

#7 9 years ago

I'll put it on the list

#8 9 years ago

Big box of plastics arrived today thanks to jonpin! Let the carnage begin!

#9 9 years ago

I use Dow "Scrubbing Bubbles" in the spray can to clean plastics. I spray the top of the plastics and let the foam work, wipe it down and use the same wet paper towel to wipe the back. Cleans and shines, and I never had any paint loss. It doesn't do anything for yellowing though.

I broke the only mounting "tip" off of the mountain under the waterfall ramp on WH20. I ordered new ones from Marco then thought, what the heck, and used a drop of Gorilla Glue and stuck the tip back on. It didn't work at first, but once the two pieces got sticky (glue melting the plastic? or just regular bonding time), it held fast and you don't even notice the spot. I have an Op-Pop-Pop with a plastic that is taped together, and plan on trying Gorilla Glue on it to see if it works. If it doesn't I will be interested to see what you come up with for repairing broken playfield plastics.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-old-broken-plastics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.