(Topic ID: 118146)

Wanted Ohio PINBALL show Vendors and flea market space

By mikepin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

This years OHIO PiNBALL show will be the biggest and best yet..WE are in a REALLY big space and will have a BIG auction on saturday BUT we also have room for many more vendors and indoor flea market space... SO please email me direct at [email protected] or call me at 330 5183141 LETS MAKE A DEAL mike pacak

#2 9 years ago

Can you make sure I don't need a boat to use the restroom? Or do I need to bring waders?

#3 9 years ago
    Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

Can you make sure I don't need a boat to use the restroom? Or do I need to bring waders?

This is kinda getting a bit old at this point.

The organizers of the event work damn hard to put on a good show for everyone. They've moved the location this year to a bigger, better spot. Let's cut them some slack, ok?

#4 9 years ago

Last year being my first year to attend, I went to the restroom the first time thinking (from what I had heard and read) that I may not return from this venture! I actually found things relatively decent and in much better shape than some other places I have been to that people do NOT complain about! Given that, I did not find the old location last year to be that bad and am looking forward to attending this year at the new location...

#5 9 years ago

when you get 1000 pinball guys together there will be PISS... Gee a few years ago The texas show FLOODED the hotel when restrooms over flowed?? WE do TRY hard last was way better.. This is a much nicer venue BUT unless our people can NOT be pigs the restrooms can get bad as well come on help us here...No biters for vendors or flea market

#6 9 years ago

The show promoters can't help that some pinheads are disgusting basement dwelling, floor pissing, smelly ass Neanderthals.

#7 9 years ago

Yep. PAPA's facilities are brand new and even they get trashed by the end of the day. New venue should cure the plumbing leaks; the remaining flood-prevention measures are on the attendees.

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

The show promoters can't help that some pinheads are disgusting basement dwelling, floor pissing, smelly ass Neanderthals.

havent been to a show yet but you present a very compelling reason to come hang out lol...

#9 9 years ago

Come to the show. So much fun. Lots of parts too.

Also check out papa the weekend before. It's open to the public for papa 18. I'll be there

#10 9 years ago

Sounds like the new venue will be an improvement. I'm disappointed to be missing it this year. First one I'll miss since I started going in 2008.

I hope you guys consider running the show Friday through Sunday in the future. I have to work Thursday / Friday, and it just doesn't make sense to drive over an hour on Saturday when the show is winding down that afternoon.

I have a great time at the show every year, but this schedule/location doesn't make sense for me driving down from Cleveland.

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from sleethering:

Sounds like the new venue will be an improvement. I'm disappointed to be missing it this year. First one I'll miss since I started going in 2008.

I hope you guys consider running the show Friday through Sunday in the future. I have to work Thursday / Friday, and it just doesn't make sense to drive over an hour on Saturday when the show is winding down that afternoon.

I have a great time at the show every year, but this schedule/location doesn't make sense for me driving down from Cleveland.

John I have the same issue. I can't warrant taking off work on a Thursday, Friday and see half a show on Sat. I wish they would just have it Fri, Sat Sun. The old location was 5 mins from my house so it wasn't a big deal. An hour ruins it for me though.

#12 9 years ago

I drive in about 2.5 hours away Saturday morning for it. I leave at like 6am so that I get my fill of pinball.

I agree I wish this was a fri/sat/sun thing. I can't understand why it's not, unless it boils down to costs of rental of the place. If that's the case, UP the admission.

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

I drive in about 2.5 hours away Saturday morning for it. I leave at like 6am so that I get my fill of pinball.
    I agree I wish this was a fri/sat/sun thing. I can't understand why it's not, unless it boils down to costs of rental of the place. If that's the case, UP the admission.

I was told the vendors like it Thurs, Fri, Sat so they have time to travel back. In my meaningless opinion, I could care less if there were no vendors on Sat night as long as there were games to play. The show last year, Sat morning the place was packed but all the games were folded up by 4 pm. It'd be so much better if you could play till midnight on Sat. Lets hope they do better with the Cleveland pinball show.

#14 9 years ago

I recognize the vendors are a draw for some people and their booth fees help pay for the show, but I don't care AT ALL if there are any vendors selling. I go for the free play area, the tournament and the hangouts.

Actually, scratch that, the one vendor I consistently buy from is Mr. Soda Pop! He's one of my favorite parts of the show!

#15 9 years ago

I'm only there for the vendors, I could care less about playing games....been there done that. The vendors are what make this show great and is the only reason I go. Infact I dont play any games at any shows. Vendors are paying the way for everyone that brings games to be put on free play, renting the hall, tables, insurance, advertising, trophies...it all adds up quickly and if there was only people bringing games to get in for free then the show wouldn't happen at all. The vendors are the backbone of any show and the least thanked.....because in the end all people seem to be thankful for or remember are to the ones that bring games to play. And for those that dont contribute anything to the show and have nothing to say but bad things about the show.....we'll....I'll leave that for another topic some other day.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

#16 9 years ago

John, as a vendor, do you prefer to be set up there Thursday-Saturday over Friday - Sunday? Do you think a full day Saturday and half day Sunday would create better sales for the vendors?

#17 9 years ago

I'd think the vendors want to sell products. I'd also think more people would go if it were on the weekend. Therefore, I'd think vendors would make more loot on the weekends.

#18 9 years ago

That's my way of thinking too. Curious to get John's perspective because he's probably been to / sold at more shows than I'll ever be at in my life.

#19 9 years ago

I like the Thursday-Saturday thing, as its a personal thing for me but also it does give us Sunday to make the trip back home since loading up Saturday and then making the drive home would get us home at like 2-3am on Sunday morning and thats a long day for Saturday. I want to be loaded up on Saturday and then get a good nights sleep and leave Sunday morning. Now when it comes to sales, what I've found at any pinball show is that if its a three day show the third day is a waste from a vendors stand point because people really only buy from the vendors the first two days and the third and the fourth day (Chicago Expo) is a total wash for sales and not worth it at all. Personally I'd like to be packed up at Chicago when it closes for the banquet but the reason I dont each year is because my wife spends the entire four days shopping and going to the malls, and the zoo's and muesums etc..., so she's the reason I dont pack up early.

The point is you cant please everybody all the time. Mike and Marvin have been doing this a long time and they do what they want and what works best for them and the show...which I totally get.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

The vendors are the backbone of any show and the least thanked.....because in the end all people seem to be thankful for or remember are to the ones that bring games to

Last time I checked, vendors were thanked with our money when we buy things from them. Didn't realize they were there on a charity mission.

#21 9 years ago

Seem's like charity when you put a dollar on something and people want to give you 50 cents for it....., you'd be surprised as it happens all the time. Not saying everyone wants to knock me down on some low dollar item but it happens more then you think. People almost always have to get "a deal" no matter how cheap something is marked. I dont mean to sound cynical or anything and I do appreciate it when people do buy something but it goes get old after a while. I'm looking to sell EVERYTHING in the booth for one package ("deal") price so if your interested in everything all at once let me know at the show and we can talk about it.
    Thanks,

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from sleethering:

Same, here. Wish I were closer (or that it was Friday through Sunday).

#23 9 years ago

I go for the flea market aspect. The old show was still a half hour drive away for me and this one much further. The question in my mind is "will everything be picked over" by Saturday? and usually this day is when the longest lines form quickly for freeplay. I dunno, still debating if I will go or not.

#24 9 years ago

I still don't understand how the schedule is better this way.

On the current thurs-sat schedule, both vendors AND attendees need to take at least two days off to make the entire show (thurs and fri). Some vendors may need to also take wed off, so possibly 3 days off for them.

On a fri-sat schedule, vendors would still need 2 or 3 days off (fri, mon and possibly thurs, instead of thurs, fri and possibly wed). However, attendees could hit the whole show with only having to take Friday off.

So we're shifting the schedule so vendors (or at least non-fulltime vendors) can take wed/thurs/fri instead of thurs/fri/mon... but screwing everyone else by making them take thurs/fri off instead of just fri.

Why?

At this point, I'm definitely doing Louisville - it has a proper weekend schedule, is 2 hours closer AND does classic consoles. I'm having a hard time justifying Ohio... basically the only draws are visiting Mike, and a better than average fleamarket/vendor area (but I can get that at PATZ as well).

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Seem's like charity when you put a dollar on something and people want to give you 50 cents for it....., you'd be surprised as it happens all the time. Not saying everyone wants to knock me down on some low dollar item but it happens more then you think. People almost always have to get "a deal" no matter how cheap something is marked. I dont mean to sound cynical or anything and I do appreciate it when people do buy something but it goes get old after a while. I'm looking to sell EVERYTHING in the booth for one package ("deal") price so if your interested in everything all at once let me know at the show and we can talk about it.

I'm just busting your chops John. I appreciate you coming there and love picking thru your treasures every year. I'll be sure to negotiate really hard this year if I make it

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

I still don't understand how the schedule is better this way.

On the current thurs-sat schedule, both vendors AND attendees need to take at least two days off to make the entire show (thurs and fri). Some vendors may need to also take wed off, so possibly 3 days off for them.

I agree, it doesn't make much sense. Last year Thursday was a ghost town. I think most of the vendors didn't even show up till Friday anyway. It was more of a set up day if anything.

#27 9 years ago

So, does this mean everything has to be cleared from the venue saturday night? All free-play area games and vendor setups stored in cars over night?

#28 9 years ago

No we have the building from Wednesday night till Sunday night

#29 9 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

I'm just busting your chops John. I appreciate you coming there and love picking thru your treasures every year. I'll be sure to negotiate really hard this year if I make it

Looking forward to it.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

1 week later
    #30 9 years ago

Looking forward to the show as always. My dad and I will be bringing some games again this year (hopefully 4-5) for the free play area. I am very much looking forward to the new venue and all the new features.

Frank and George

#31 9 years ago

Recently talked with Kevin(who contacted Mike P.), and it looks like it is a go for us as vendors at the New(location) Ohio Pinball Show! I just hope we are placed next to that guy selling used pin parts I can talk him down on those sky high prices! ;.)-- Just mess'in with ya John D.! Hope to see you there!

Very excited about seeing our regulars and hopefully meeting new people at the new venue!
    Aaron

#32 9 years ago
    Quoted from mrsodapop:

Recently talked with Kevin(who contacted Mike P.), and it looks like it is a go for us as vendors at the New(location) Ohio Pinball Show! I just hope we are placed next to that guy selling used pin parts I can talk him down on those sky high prices! ;.)-- Just mess'in with ya John D.! Hope to see you there!
    Very excited about seeing our regulars and hopefully meeting new people at the new venue!
    Aaron

Offer him $125.00 ca$h for everything!

2 weeks later
    #33 9 years ago

Any word on anyone bringing Stern shaker motors to the show for sale? I'd really like one for my Metallica, but prices are all over the board, if in stock at all, and shipping is outrageous for some.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-ohio-pinball-show-vendors-and-flea-market-space and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.