(Topic ID: 288461)

Wanted: Mystery Castle

By The_Director

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_director.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - wanted

Wanted: Mystery Castle

Added: 2021-02-21 22:28:23 UTC • Ended: March 3rd, 2021

Price

Wanted

I've gotten it in my head that I want one. I know they're rare. Willing to pony up for the right one, or trade plus cash something. Let me know if any of you (or anyone you know) has one they may be open to moving on. Thanks!

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are The_Director's market stats.

bronze Seller Level

The_Director has the Pinside Bronze seller level!

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to The_Director's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Advance, NC, US

#2 3 years ago

Bump. Had a lead on one but was second in line. Willing to pay handsomely for a nice one...

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

After playing an F-ton of it during the Pin Expo Flip’n Out tournament back when it was the newest NIB you could buy, the consensus by everyone in our little group of 7 players (including Rick Stetta) was this title should have been called Misery Castle. Biggest gripe we had was the gaping left hand kickback outlane which was not enabled at the beginning of the ball. It was as if the left outlane was stuck on “super suck” mode. We did not find it very fun to play. Just my $0.02

Thank you for your input! Honestly, anyone else who wants to add some grounding input I'm happy to receive. I think I'm tied up more in the theme and rarity of it than anything, and if I can be talked back from paying a fortune, it would probably be for the best haha

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

Agreed on the point that whatever he was playing had early code, perhaps not even what they were supposed to leave the factory with. Crap got rushed out for Expo play a lot back then. Who knows. But yeah, ball save is always on at start of ball.
Are far as the revision 3 code goes, it's been out there for a long time, it was more a matter that some of us that had it didn't know that others *didn't have it*. I've had my MC since 2007, and it had it already. I'm not so sure that it didn't leave the factory with it, but of course I don't know for sure.
At any rate, it's a pretty cool game. The music really gives it something extra. My biggest gripe is the lack of a feed for the upper left flipper (aside from the secret door eject).

Matt, you've got them all haha -- What is your personal favorite Alvin G game just out of curiosity?

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

Of their released games, my favorite seems to alternate between Mystery Castle and Pistol Poker. But I really love my Slam-N-Jam proto. If that game had made it to production it would've been a hit. Williams even had an interest in buying the rights to it when Alvin G closed up. It's really fun, even with super duper early code.

Spooky or a boutique should look into that it sounds like. The design is pretty much there, I'm sure it would be cheaper to obtain the rights than a new design from the ground up. Who even owns the rights to AG now?

#17 3 years ago

To get back to the original topic, looks like I’m picking one up on Saturday

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_director.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-mystery-castle-4?tu=the_director and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.