4 days ago

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by Pinballemporium
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

It was generated from this Marketplace listing.

#1 4 days ago

wanted

Wanted: Mystery Castle

Added: February 21st, 2021

Price

Wanted

Item description

I've gotten it in my head that I want one. I know they're rare. Willing to pony up for the right one, or trade plus cash something. Let me know if any of you (or anyone you know) has one they may be open to moving on. Thanks!

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

Shipping/pickup info

Pick up
    Willing to ship mainland
    Willing to ship overseas

Contact

Contact The_Director via PinsideMail.

Contact seller

Item location

Advance, NC, US

Seller insights

These are The_Director's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to The_Director's stats page

Other ads from this Pinsider

The_Director currently has 8 other ads on the Pinside marketplace.

Parts - For Sale
    Advance, NC
    Parts - For Sale
    Advance, NC
    Machine - For Sale
    Advance, NC
    Parts - For Sale
    Advance, NC
    Parts - For Sale
    Advance, NC
    Parts - For Sale
    Advance, NC
    Machine - For Sale
    Advance, NC
    Parts - For Sale
    Advance, NC

#2 3 days ago

Bump. Had a lead on one but was second in line. Willing to pay handsomely for a nice one...

#3 3 days ago

After playing an F-ton of it during the Pin Expo Flip’n Out tournament back when it was the newest NIB you could buy, the consensus by everyone in our little group of 7 players (including Rick Stetta) was this title should have been called Misery Castle. Biggest gripe we had was the gaping left hand kickback outlane which was not enabled at the beginning of the ball. It was as if the left outlane was stuck on “super suck” mode. We did not find it very fun to play. Just my $0.02

#4 3 days ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

After playing an F-ton of it during the Pin Expo Flip’n Out tournament back when it was the newest NIB you could buy, the consensus by everyone in our little group of 7 players (including Rick Stetta) was this title should have been called Misery Castle. Biggest gripe we had was the gaping left hand kickback outlane which was not enabled at the beginning of the ball. It was as if the left outlane was stuck on “super suck” mode. We did not find it very fun to play. Just my $0.02

Thank you for your input! Honestly, anyone else who wants to add some grounding input I'm happy to receive. I think I'm tied up more in the theme and rarity of it than anything, and if I can be talked back from paying a fortune, it would probably be for the best haha

#5 3 days ago

It's a fun game with some good shots. Theme implementation is solid as well. The code is rather limited and the replayability isn't strong IMO. You'd be better off playing one 4-5 times and not buying it at the insane prices it goes for today. That would probably scratch your itch.

#6 3 days ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

Which code were you on? For the longest time the final released code was thought lost. The code debuted at chicago expo, but it wasn't till 2012 or so that people managed to find an example with it and copy the roms. I bring this up, because your super suck mode on the left kick back is not true at least on mine with the updated code.

#7 3 days ago
    Quoted from dung:

Which code were you on? For the longest time the final released code was thought lost. The code debuted at chicago expo, but it wasn't till 2012 or so that people managed to find an example with it and copy the roms. I bring this up, because your super suck mode on the left kick back is not true at least on mine with the updated code.

Agreed on the point that whatever he was playing had early code, perhaps not even what they were supposed to leave the factory with. Crap got rushed out for Expo play a lot back then. Who knows. But yeah, ball save is always on at start of ball.

Are far as the revision 3 code goes, it's been out there for a long time, it was more a matter that some of us that had it didn't know that others *didn't have it*. I've had my MC since 2007, and it had it already. I'm not so sure that it didn't leave the factory with it, but of course I don't know for sure.

At any rate, it's a pretty cool game. The music really gives it something extra. My biggest gripe is the lack of a feed for the upper left flipper (aside from the secret door eject).

#8 3 days ago
    Quoted from MattElder:

Agreed on the point that whatever he was playing had early code, perhaps not even what they were supposed to leave the factory with. Crap got rushed out for Expo play a lot back then. Who knows. But yeah, ball save is always on at start of ball.
    Are far as the revision 3 code goes, it's been out there for a long time, it was more a matter that some of us that had it didn't know that others *didn't have it*. I've had my MC since 2007, and it had it already. I'm not so sure that it didn't leave the factory with it, but of course I don't know for sure.
    At any rate, it's a pretty cool game. The music really gives it something extra. My biggest gripe is the lack of a feed for the upper left flipper (aside from the secret door eject).

Matt, you've got them all haha -- What is your personal favorite Alvin G game just out of curiosity?

#9 3 days ago
    Quoted from The_Director:

Matt, you've got them all haha -- What is your personal favorite Alvin G game just out of curiosity?

Of their released games, my favorite seems to alternate between Mystery Castle and Pistol Poker. But I really love my Slam-N-Jam proto. If that game had made it to production it would've been a hit. Williams even had an interest in buying the rights to it when Alvin G closed up. It's really fun, even with super duper early code.

#10 3 days ago

Thought I loved it...but, after actually playing it...no.

#11 3 days ago
    Quoted from MattElder:

Of their released games, my favorite seems to alternate between Mystery Castle and Pistol Poker. But I really love my Slam-N-Jam proto. If that game had made it to production it would've been a hit. Williams even had an interest in buying the rights to it when Alvin G closed up. It's really fun, even with super duper early code.

Spooky or a boutique should look into that it sounds like. The design is pretty much there, I'm sure it would be cheaper to obtain the rights than a new design from the ground up. Who even owns the rights to AG now?

#12 2 days ago
    Quoted from MattElder:

Dunno, that is one of the things I really like about the game. It makes getting the jackpot off the side ramp much more difficult, but very satisfying when you pull it off.

#13 2 days ago
    Quoted from The_Director:

Spooky or a boutique should look into that it sounds like. The design is pretty much there, I'm sure it would be cheaper to obtain the rights than a new design from the ground up. Who even owns the rights to AG now?

I have spoken to 3 different people over the years that claim to have the rights to remake Slam-N-Jam, but I never confirmed that with Michael (Gottlieb). I assume he still owns the rights to everything (or everything else, as the case may be). I’ll ask him the next time we chat.

#14 2 days ago

Think I’ve still got some nos Alvin g coils and other nicknacks from my MC before I sold it in 2011. Fun game. Beautiful pf, best I’ve seen, and that scream from the knight can curdle milk!

Sold my extra pf years ago, think it was Vid I sold it to. Can’t recall.

#15 2 days ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Think I’ve still got some nos Alvin g coils and other nicknacks from my MC before I sold it in 2011. Fun game. Beautiful pf, best I’ve seen, and that scream from the knight can curdle milk!
    Sold my extra pf years ago, think it was Vid I sold it to. Can’t recall.

I remember when you sold that playfield and some other stuff. Can't believe it's been that long already since your game has been gone! How time flies. I thought your playfield and backglass went to Matt (Adams?) in the UK.

#16 2 days ago

That’s right! It did.

I know, right? Long time.

#17 20 hours ago

To get back to the original topic, looks like I’m picking one up on Saturday

#18 19 hours ago

I was afraid of this. Glad you found one. You better save room, I hear a bomb is going to drop in late March.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

It was generated from this Marketplace listing.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside