89AF063A-CED0-4E41-9828-E4CFCD10BD23 (resized).jpeg
0F97B0C1-F820-4E00-95A9-4C0A7EA3BA5B (resized).jpeg
DCA50898-CF91-4909-8E7B-6793158C5E5A (resized).png
53AD61B3-D59C-479C-9442-4BC3A2133268 (resized).png
20190919_120916 (resized).jpg
20190919_120829 (resized).jpg
SAM_0389 (resized).jpg
image-42 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 2 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - wanted

Wanted: Mixed color TAF

Added: 2021-06-01 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 2 times (January 30th, 2022) • Ended: February 11th, 2022

Price

Wanted

Looking for a factory mixed colored TAF (gold and blue). Most likely will have a gold base cab and a blue head, I suppose it could be the other way around too. I’m ready to buy.

Thanks

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Bud's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Bud's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Indianapolis, IN, US

#3 2 years ago

To my understanding

Towards the end of the run

Bally made cabinets in gold to be commemorative about crushing the sales records
There were not the GOLD but standards Addams in a gold cabinet

Then they pretty much used remaining parts to build the rest

Followed by 1000 Golds in 94 (with plate and certified documents)

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Did not know this was a thing

When TAF broke all sales records in 1992, they ran black and gold cabs like the “collector’s edition” before there was a collectors edition. These were NOT collector’s edition TAFs.

When a game had issues on the line that were major, they went to a holding area to be fixed. These “problem” pins were sometimes put back together with mixed art packages during this time of the new art run.

This is the TAF I am looking for.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

To my understanding
Towards the end of the run
Bally made cabinets in gold to be commemorative about crushing the sales records
There were not the GOLD but standards Addams in a gold cabinet
Then they pretty much used remaining parts to build the rest
Followed by 1000 Golds in 94 (with plate and certified documents)

Pretty much sums it up.

#6 2 years ago

Could you imagine the outcry today if somebody received a mixed art pin, something like stars was comic base cab and original release head art? Or a Spider-Man comic/original art mix?

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

Could you imagine the outcry today if somebody received a mixed art pin, something like stars was comic base cab and original release head art? Or a Spider-Man comic/original art mix?

No kidding. Anyone have pics of one?

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

No kidding. Anyone have pics of one?

Here is a link that kinda describes TAF differences

https://www.flippers.be/pinball/bally/addamsfamilygold/addams_family_gold.html

#9 2 years ago

What you really meant to say is you are looking for a Raven in a Bad Girls cabinet. But you were afraid we’d censor your post. But fear not, we all want a Bad Girl Raven in our lives.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from sc93cobra:

What you really meant to say is you are looking for a Raven in a Bad Girls cabinet. But you were afraid we’d censor your post. But fear not, we all want a Bad Girl Raven in our lives.

Bahaha....busted.

#11 2 years ago

I had one of these many years ago, and thought it was the best looking combination. Pics got lost over the years, but they do exist and probably the rarest of TAF trims.

#12 2 years ago

This one is beat up a bit, but here's a pic from IPDB.org. Gold cab and blue head.

image-42 (resized).jpgimage-42 (resized).jpg
#13 2 years ago

Mine

SAM_0389 (resized).jpgSAM_0389 (resized).jpg
#14 2 years ago

I have seen a few of these.i came across one about 18 months ago at an estate sale. Unfortunately the family decided not to sell it the morning of the sale. I went there with6k in my pocket hoping to deal. The company running the sale said there were multiple offers.the highest one was 8k.

20190919_120829 (resized).jpg20190919_120829 (resized).jpg20190919_120916 (resized).jpg20190919_120916 (resized).jpg
#15 2 years ago

Why would you want that? It looks like Iike shit.

#16 2 years ago

I sold one of these a few years ago. Rare bird.

#17 2 years ago

Like I said, I’m seriously looking for one to buy so if you have one, send me a price.

#18 2 years ago

I figure at least a few of these probably got restored to matching colors. Rare indeed. Good luck OP, these are an interesting piece of pinball history IMO.

#19 2 years ago

Never knew these existed. I suppose you could find a regular TAF and apply new decals to it. Both original and gold decals are available.

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

Why would you want that? It looks like Iike shit.

I want it because of the history behind it and that’s what interests me. I grew up on TAF when they were new on route so I have a little sentimental connection to TAF and a couple other titles.

Quoted from DeeGor:

Never knew these existed. I suppose you could find a regular TAF and apply new decals to it. Both original and gold decals are available.

One could do this, but it defeats the purpose, history and idea of having one that came from the factory like that. It would be silly at that point to me.

#21 2 years ago

These are not all that rare as I have seen and or owed several over the years. I’ve also seen ones that have complete gold cabinet artwork but with a regular playfield which were 100% factory as well. 25 years ago at the big distributors you could walk down a line of 8-10 Addams & take your pick! Oh and I do remember the mixed decal ones were always priced a bit less too!

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from SCpins:

. I’ve also seen ones that have complete gold cabinet artwork but with a regular playfield which were 100% factory as well.

Quoted from Bud:

When TAF broke all sales records in 1992, they ran black and gold cabs like the “collector’s edition” before there was a collectors edition. These were NOT collector’s edition TAFs.

LTG : )

#23 2 years ago

Here is a factory Addams non-gold, with a different hue of purple in the gold artwork on the cabinet. I was told they only made 100 or so of these towards the end of the run. Again this is not a gold it looks like they had some decals run that were the wrong color but they use them anyway.

53AD61B3-D59C-479C-9442-4BC3A2133268 (resized).png53AD61B3-D59C-479C-9442-4BC3A2133268 (resized).pngDCA50898-CF91-4909-8E7B-6793158C5E5A (resized).pngDCA50898-CF91-4909-8E7B-6793158C5E5A (resized).png
#24 2 years ago
Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

Here is a factory Addams non-gold, with a different hue of purple in the gold artwork on the cabinet. I was told they only made 100 or so of these towards the end of the run. Again this is not a gold it looks like they had some decals run that were the wrong color but they use them anyway.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That is a nice looking TAF!

#25 2 years ago

Weirdest thing I have read. Never knew this.

#26 2 years ago

Let’s get this sum beach bought!

#27 2 years ago

Thing in the cloud ball grab bump

0F97B0C1-F820-4E00-95A9-4C0A7EA3BA5B (resized).jpeg0F97B0C1-F820-4E00-95A9-4C0A7EA3BA5B (resized).jpeg
#28 2 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

Thing in the cloud ball grab bump
[quoted image]

That's the spirit thing, lend a hand!

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

That's the spirit thing, lend a hand!

Fun to pretend anyway!

1 week later
#30 2 years ago

Slap save to the top

1 week later
#31 2 years ago

Anybody got any mixed cab TAFs for sale???

#32 2 years ago

Just now seeing this thread for the first time.
There was one of these for sale out here a couple years ago that looked pretty good.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/77341

Maybe you can reach out to the seller and get him to put you in contact with the buyer?

Anyhow, good luck on your quest.

2 months later
#33 2 years ago

Still looking for this mixed colored TAF, it’s going to get restored so I’m not to worried about condition. Ready to buy now.

#34 2 years ago

Best of luck in your search. I hope you find one!

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Best of luck in your search. I hope you find one!

I really hope I can find one for sale too, seems impossible these days. Prices are crazy and you’d think I would find one sooner or later. Most people think they are ugly, a few years ago these seemed to pop up for sale often.

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

a few years ago these seemed to pop up for sale often.

That's like a mission statement for all of pinball these days!

#37 2 years ago

A buddy of mine just picked one up here in PA. Didn't even realize it til he got it home. Was in a private home for years.

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

A buddy of mine just picked one up here in PA. Didn't even realize it til he got it home. Was in a private home for years.

Is your buddy interested in selling it?

1 week later
#39 2 years ago

Still on the lookout for one, gotta be one out there I can buy.

3 months later
#40 2 years ago

SOMEONE SELL ME THIS MOFO!

#41 2 years ago

Such an odd thing to seek.. lol

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Such an odd thing to seek.. lol

So are toppers…but that’s what odd does for ya

1 week later
#43 2 years ago

Hello hello hello…

89AF063A-CED0-4E41-9828-E4CFCD10BD23 (resized).jpeg89AF063A-CED0-4E41-9828-E4CFCD10BD23 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-mixed-color-taf?hl=jake35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.