Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Hogey
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - wanted

WTB: Lord of the Rings (Stern, 2003) Ohio and surrounding

Added: 2016-10-05 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (November 17th, 2016) • Ended: December 14th, 2016

Price

Wanted

Still looking for a nice HUO LOTR to take up residence beside The Hobbit. Price would start around 5600 and could proceed north with consideration to additions and mods. Could drive up to 300 miles or so from Akron,OH to pick up machine. Thanks!

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Jetcaptain's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to Jetcaptain's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Stow, OH, US

#2 7 years ago

Get WOZ instead. Hobbit is just a fat version of LOTR. Get it Hobbit is a wide body

#3 7 years ago

It helps to post a bounty. Depending on mods you can expect a HUO LOTR to get anywhere between $5500-$6500. If you can find a HUO LOTR in superb condition for $5500. I'd jump on it.

#4 7 years ago

I do not think it helps to post a bounty. I had plenty of offers when I was looking for a WOZ.

I feel price you want to play, distance you want to travel and condition of the game you want is fine.

The op has all of these things in his ad and I bet he will get plenty of offers.

Good luck Jim on finding the game you want but I still say go WOZ.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

I do not think it helps to post a bounty. I had plenty of offers when I was looking for a WOZ.
I feel price you want to play, distance you want to travel and condition of the game you want is fine.
The op has all of these things in his ad and I bet he will get plenty of offers.
Good luck Jim on finding the game you want but I still say go WOZ.

To each their own. When I was looking for MB I started with no bounty. Not much action. When I was advised to post a bounty, and did so, plenty of action.

#6 7 years ago

I'd be willing to let my previously routed, heavily modded, cared for and cliffy protected LOTR go for $5500 and there's no way I'd make a single red penny at that price. No color DMD. No shaker. A couple bad dings on cab. Scratches on both sides of the head. No extra secondary market figures. Lollipop flipper covers covering typical flipper wear. Typical wear for a routed start button. No muffled/static sound issues (somewhat common to LOTR), Palantir crystal eye of sauron (version 2) projection mod, POTD constant pulsing mod (Hemi), Arwyen plastic protector and new protected Arwyen plastic, incomplete set (of somewhat) impossible to find plastics including uninstalled inlane sets which are typically broken. Hobbit hole grass insert and plastic protector (did not install plastic POTD diverter), brass wireform replacement for Hobbit hole inlane sneeze guard, Flipper Fidelity LOTR acrylic inserts with programmable color changing effect for the speakers, minimal wear on typical wear spots meaning no significant playfield degradation. The very minor edge playfield wear for a typical routed machine doesn't even come close to touching the keylines and is completely covered by cliffys (in the spirit of full disclosure), pinbits plastic protectors, all habit trails are chrome polished (goddamn shit ton of time), target decals, LEDs in the right spots with all PF inserts being incandescents, plus a bunch of random parts -- Y switches, flipper rebuild kid and random parts that you would only have as being diagnosed with moderate OCD. All of course in perfect operating condition. Apologies in advance for the use of unnecessary parentheses. If you find an HUTO LOTR for $5500 that you pass on please let me know so I can buy it. And I agree with the initial poster -- grab a Hobbit instead if you have the cash. It's LOTR on steroids.

#7 7 years ago

Thanks for the tips and advice! Added at least a base price and the ability to go from there.

#8 7 years ago

I suspect you'll start seeing some action. I just picked up my HUO LOTR yesterday. Pretty happy with it and can't stop playing!

#9 7 years ago

I still say get a WOZ bump.

#10 7 years ago

Ok, I'll get the WOZ after I find my LOTR! Will that work? Then you can come over to play LOTR!

#11 7 years ago

Doc Pinball in greenfield IN had a LE that is superb condition for sale a few months ago, it was a really good price and I wanted to pick it up, but I just bought an IJ from him. You can google his contact info.

#12 7 years ago

Thanks Bud! I'll do that.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from Jetcaptain:

Thanks Bud! I'll do that.

Let me know if you get that pin!

#14 7 years ago

Hey Bud, Called Mark but the LE had departed! Thanks for the tip though!

#15 7 years ago

PM sent...

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-lord-of-the-rings-stern-2003-2014 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.