• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1005151847.jpg
1005151500a.jpg
#1 8 years ago

I'm looking for a left bumper plastic for my Lord of the Rings.

#2 8 years ago

Also looking for the plastic below the path of the dead

#3 8 years ago

I don't know what you mean by "Left Bumper Plastic". Do you mean slingshot?

And the plastic below the POTD is called the Arwen plastic.

Both of these are common to find broken and you should be able to find them But I would change the title of the thread to reflect what you are looking for so people can point you in the right direction.

Something like "WTB: LOTR Plastics, Left sling and Arewn"

Good luck with your search - Dave

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I don't know what you mean by "Left Bumper Plastic". Do you mean slingshot?
And the plastic below the POTD is called the Arwen plastic.
Both of these are common to find broken and you should be able to find them But I would change the title of the thread to reflect what you are looking for so people can point you in the right direction.
Something like "WTB: LOTR Plastics, Left sling and Arewn"
Good luck with your search - Dave

Thanks. Its not the slingshot plastic, it actually is a plastic over the bumper. I wouldn't know what else to call it. The op who owned it before me used a hot glue gun to reattach the flasher dome.

1005151500a.jpg1005151500a.jpg

#7 8 years ago

Also looking for other various plastics for this game. Some are a bit ratty. I'm not sure on how to change the topic title if someone has some input on how to do that. Thanks

#8 8 years ago

I seem to recall JJ at Game Exchange (pinsider Gexchange) had some plastics that were used that had been taken off games. Contact him and see if he may have this plastic.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I seem to recall JJ at Game Exchange (pinsider Gexchange) had some plastics that were used that had been taken off games. Contact him and see if he may have this plastic.

Thank You

#10 8 years ago

Yes, that is a pop-bumper plastic. I guess is can't be called a cap anymore when it is flat.

Well, if you are going to need a couple of different ones you may want to keep an eye out for the whole set. Looks like BAA is out of stock

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=BAA&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-LOTR803-5000-80

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Yes, that is a pop-bumper plastic. I guess is can't be called a cap anymore when it is flat.
Well, if you are going to need a couple of different ones you may want to keep an eye out for the whole set. Looks like BAA is out of stock
http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=BAA&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-LOTR803-5000-80

Thanks

#12 8 years ago

Pinballife has the whole plastic set.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Pinballife has the whole plastic set.

You're right, sorry I didn't check there first - http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3663

#14 8 years ago

It doesn't look like the bumper plastic in the pic you posted is broken at all. LOTR bumper plastics have those weird straight cuts out of them stock, they are all like that. I would replace it because of the hot glue though.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

It doesn't look like the bumper plastic in the pic you posted is broken at all. LOTR bumper plastics have those weird straight cuts out of them stock, they are all like that. I would replace it because of the hot glue though.

I really cannot tell if it is broken in the pictures because it appears to be covered in glue. I doubt you could get all that glue off and still have a decent looking plastic, but then again some Pinsiders amaze me with their handy work.

#16 8 years ago

It is not broken. The glue on it is the reason why I want to replace it. That stuff won't come off!

#17 8 years ago

Hey buddy, do as I did and buy the whole set. You never know when one random piece is gonna break. It's worth the investment / piece of mind.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

It is not broken. The glue on it is the reason why I want to replace it. That stuff won't come off!

The glue was probably from some person who thought they could make it look better by "modding" the game. So they glued a toy to the game thinking "I'll bet George Gomez wishes he had thought of this!". Soon realizing it was stupid, caused problems, looked bad and devalued the game. So now you are stuck spending money to "restore" the game to where it should be.

If you have to buy more than a couple of pieces I agree on just buying the entire set. Good luck, great game.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

The glue was probably from some person who thought they could make it look better by "modding" the game. So they glued a toy to the game thinking "I'll bet George Gomez wishes he had thought of this!". Soon realizing it was stupid, caused problems, looked bad and devalued the game. So now you are stuck spending money to "restore" the game to where it should be.
If you have to buy more than a couple of pieces I agree on just buying the entire set. Good luck, great game.

All of the tabs were broken off of the flasher dome and it was glued on. Whoever did it probably didn't feel like waiting for the 2 dollar part. At least its the one behind balrog so its not seen as much. The game is coming along nice1005151847.jpg1005151847.jpg

2 weeks later
#20 8 years ago

Is anyone willing to sell the plastic that the lower right flasher mounts on?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.00
$ 12.95
€ 7.50
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-lord-of-the-rings-bumper-plastic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.