(Topic ID: 132391)

Wanted: Looking for Tx-Sector Pinball Machine!

By TxPinball

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Colehvac1
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#6 8 years ago

What DMDs do you have and are thinking of trading? I have a TX-sector and may be driving down to TPF so a deal could be worked out.

PM me if you want to discuss.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from 320Gigabytes:

The last one that sold before this one was over $2k too

last 2 verified sales for working Tx-sectors I know of were 2400 and 2500.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I want one but $2500 is ridiculous

agreed. I feel similar about many Sys11 games that I would like to own (and TX is even more rare than most of them).

reality is neither of us gets to set the market unfortunatley.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Where was the $2500 one?

KC area

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from TxPinball:

Yeah, I tried to purchase the last one you had for sale.

I have not sold a TX ever???

I do current have 2 of them (1 working and 1 not; currently). Eventually both will be working and I will sell/trade one of them.

#17 8 years ago

Hell you got yours for $750, right?

yup, 3 years ago, hacked and non-working.

Same time when nice ES were 1k, DH were 1400, etc...

If anything the reality is that TX is a tough to find game and many have realized it is super fun. Heck I love it so much that I bought a second just so I could combine to make one mint example (also have a NOS and cleared pf to go in at some point).

I understand that many just think "Gottlieb, LOL, it is not worth that" Reality is like everything; supply and demand is all that matters. Demand has gone up int he past few years as people have been able to play nice examples and realize it rocks (great gameplay like many sys11 style, amazing sounds, just plain fun and has that 'just 1 more' effect)!

I am not sure why supply is so low but I get teh impression that many went overseas originally and the pressboard cabs never held up well. They also did not earn well on route in the day so guessing many were parted?

#21 8 years ago

I still think it's 1500-2k tops. There are always exceptions though.

Reality is the exception would be 1500.

I can tell you that TX-Sector and Centaur are the top 2 games I get cold calls (unsolicited PMs) about. Seems lots of people looking and 2000+ is the typical offer). You have to realize that there is a whole different world of people interested in working examples of rare games.

#22 8 years ago

And that's kinda my point.... desperate dude won't even pay that or go that far....

but the last 2 known sales both sold for 24-2500 and sold quickly? Seems liek lots of desperate people out there if we go by your assumptions

#24 8 years ago

nice score!!!!

#26 8 years ago

It doesn't boot and has some playfield wear

seems pretty typical for the era. I am learning slowly, but it seems #1 is always do the gound mods and check connectors.

After that check the daughter board junk.

#28 8 years ago

pinball ninja has some good videos on it all.

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

The daughter boards are an easy fix with an aftermarket replacement board.

which board do you use?

also sorry to OP for the thread jacking, but at least it is keeping your WTB bumped

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-looking-for-tx-sector-pinball-machine?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.